Options

FRONT ROW seats!!!

donny31donny31 Posts: 26
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Anyone have any clue on how they are going to divy up the 1-2 and 8-9 rows. I am sure I am like a BUNCH of other 10C folks that have been trying for YEARS- (17 to be exact) to see PJ from the front rows. For the last 5 tours I have been patiently watching from the 10th - 18th row. Dont get me wrong, I am FOREVER greatful for my seats, but JUST ONCE, I would love to be that close. I can only dream.

Will it be random or the higher numbers.?? Time will tell.
10C # 164xxx

11/02/91, 8/8/92, 4/7/94, 7/9/95, 9/29/96, 7/11/98, 8/24/00, 8/27/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 9/15/05, 5/12/06, 5/25/06, 6/30/08, 8/10/08 (ed)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    closest i ever got was 3rd row for the taping of storytellers. it was glorious.

i'm not greedy, so i'll take whatever i get from here on out, but man...1st row would just be...well, there are no words. I think I'd have to retire after that.
    It's an art to live with pain...mix the light into grey..

9.28.96, 9.8.98, 8.24.00, 8.27.00, 8.29.00, 7.2.03, 7.3.03, 7.9.03, 7.11.03, 9.28.04, 5.1.06, 5.13.06, 5.31.06, 6.1.06, 6.3.06, 6.24.08, 6.25.08, 6.27.08, 6.28.08, 6.30.08
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    From the sticky post regarding the Pearl Jam tour right at the top of this page:
    Tickets will be allocated by seniority within the Ten Club, meaning the
    longer you have been an active member, the closer your seats will be to the
    stage. However, for this tour, we are implementing a slight change - rows
    1-2 and rows 9-10 will now be RANDOM distribution. This means regardless of your member number you will have a chance of occupying seats within those random rows. We thank all of our diligent, loyal fans for accepting this
    change gracefully. Please share the love.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 198
    You guys should go see a show in Europe, here front rows are for everyone :)
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • Options
    thecorythecory Posts: 290
    what about lollapalooza or bonaroo in june? if its gm you don't even need to be a member. i got pretty close at lolla and i only suffered minor heat stroke. it was even totally worth lupe fiasco.
  • Options
    Super_FanSuper_Fan Posts: 249
    Front Row Nissan Pavilion 2003 when 10 Club didn't know about the venue adding an additional 5 or 6 seats in each row in the orchestra section allowing me to get first row through the on sale. Front row for both Borgata's, Irving Plaza, all 3 San Francisco shows in 2006, London 2007 and Vic Theatre. Took advantage with seats for that only show and non seats in the USA and once in Europe.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    From the sticky post regarding the Pearl Jam tour right at the top of this page:

it would have been cool if they made it all random this year...it's just a little tour.
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    Super_Fan wrote:
    Front row for both Borgata's, Irving Plaza

Those were gen adm. floor, so you technically didn't get front row seats.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    OatsdadOatsdad Posts: 72
    donny31 wrote:
    Anyone have any clue on how they are going to divy up the 1-2 and 8-9 rows. I am sure I am like a BUNCH of other 10C folks that have been trying for YEARS- (17 to be exact) to see PJ from the front rows.

If you've been a fan all that time, why'd it take you so long to join the 10C? I became a fan in 1994 and JOINED in 1994...
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Oatsdad wrote:
    If you've been a fan all that time, why'd it take you so long to join the 10C? I became a fan in 1994 and JOINED in 1994...

Would you like a chocolate or a vanilla cookie?
  • Options
    JoWesleyJoWesley Posts: 109
    LOL! I usually don't get involved in drama..but honestly...I have been a fan since I was 15 years old, more than half of my life. I am now a mom of 3. Should I have signed up when I was 15, yes..could I afford to? no. I signed up when I was able to. Now if I could go back and buy back all of those years to make my number lower, I totally would. :D I don't think when you sign up signfies how great of a fan you are. I think you are trying to compensate for something..I am just sayin. ;)
    Aug 93 - Toronto Mar 94 - Ann Arbor
    Sep 96 - Toledo Aug 98 - East Lansing
    Oct 00 - Detroit Apr 03 - Cleveland
    Jun 03 - Detroit May 06 - Grand Rapids & Detroit
    Jul 07 - Lolla Jun 08 - WPB & Tampa
    Vedder: DC 1&2, Chicago 2
  • Options

The point is that I have little sympathy for someone who claims to have been a big fan since 1991 who obviously waited a long time to join. The club was only $5 back then and everybody with an interest in PJ knew that FC membership brought ticket privileges. If he was too cheap/lazy/whatever to join, that's fine, but don't whine about being left out in the cold for front row tickets...
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    Oatsdad wrote:

sometimes its not a priority
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    JoWesley wrote:
    LOL! I usually don't get involved in drama..but honestly...I have been a fan since I was 15 years old, more than half of my life. I am now a mom of 3. Should I have signed up when I was 15, yes..could I afford to? no. I signed up when I was able to. Now if I could go back and buy back all of those years to make my number lower, I totally would. :D I don't think when you sign up signfies how great of a fan you are. I think you are trying to compensate for something..I am just sayin. ;)

Oh, in no way do I claim to be a "great fan" - that wasn't the intention of my post. God, there are scads of people here who are way into PJ. My point was simply that I see no reason why these superfans didn't join way back in the day.

I take issue with folks who say they've loved PJ forever but whine that they have crummy 10C numbers even though they go back so far. Sorry, but you really couldn't afford $5 a year when you were 15? I apologize if money was really that tight, but then again, if you couldn't shell out $5/year, then you had problems to worry about other than concert tickets...
  • Options
    SBC03 wrote:
    sometimes its not a priority

Then don't whine about how you can't get front row seats...
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    Oatsdad wrote:

I'm a fan since '95 and didn't even know much about any fan club until 3 years later. If I had I probably would have blown it off then as just another site for teens who want a fake autographed photo amd some other junk memorabilia. Guess I was out of the loop....my mistake...somehow.

Not complaining...I'm happy with my #, but it was pretty easy to blow off fan clubs during a time when most meant nothing at all.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I have been a PJ fan since I was in my early teens. I finally joined 10c in 1999, and I was thrilled with the vinyl and magazines I got. My daughter passed away in 2001, combined with problems with my Army enlistment and life in general, and my membership went by the wayside. I credit PJ music with helping me through some very tough times in my life, and I take issue with anyone who thinks they are a bigger fan than someone else because they have a lower # than someone else. I don't think it's an issue of how good your seats are at a concert. The night of a show should be a night to let your cares slip away and lose yourself in the music ans atmosphere. You can't here the music any better from the front row, and if you're hoping the guys in the band will acknowledge you, or remember you from the 500 other shows you've attended, good luck! I actually got Mike McCready's T-shirt that he threw into the crowd at a show in Camden, NJ on the yield tour. AND I HAD LAWN SEATS!!!! Toward the end of the show, I snuck in the doors just in time for him to throw the shirt. I dragged 10 people about 10 yards to get it. So, bottom line, if you wanna get close to the band, there is always a way.
  • Options
    donny31donny31 Posts: 26
    Oatsdad wrote:

Good question. Its one that has plagued me for years. I was on of the first to join back in the day. In 95 I had a document that showed that i was a member before that. I tried to scan it and send it in to get my number changed, but it didnt work. I had the x-mas singles and newletters. They wouldnt go for it. So I am stuck with 164xxx. I forget the number, but it was real low, something like 43xxx. Makes me made each tour, but it is what it is!

Still grateful to just get tix.
    10C # 164xxx

11/02/91, 8/8/92, 4/7/94, 7/9/95, 9/29/96, 7/11/98, 8/24/00, 8/27/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 9/15/05, 5/12/06, 5/25/06, 6/30/08, 8/10/08 (ed)
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    JoWesley wrote:

Exactly. I'm only 20. But I own 60 boots, and love the band. It doesn't make me less of a fan than someone who has been a member of the club for 15 years.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    Fuck, it took me until 2002 to get to know the band's music, and until 2003 to join Ten Club. I wish i woulda discovered their music even five years before that, but i'd say i'm ravenous as the next guy when it comes to their music. I'd love to be in the front row for Hartford.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Fuck, it took me until 2002 to get to know the band's music, and until 2003 to join Ten Club. I wish i woulda discovered their music even five years before that, but i'd say i'm ravenous as the next guy when it comes to their music. I'd love to be in the front row for Hartford.

me too,sorta. REALLY got into em in 2002 and joined right away. besides, i have never *complained* about my 10c seats, i've been HAPPY to have em. doesn't mean however, that outside of traveling all over to get better seats, go to GA shows to fight for the rail, etc...that i haven't dreamed of simply the CHANCE for a shot at first row at a regular US show. don't think i or anyone *deserve* it....just how COOL it would be! it's a longshot...and one i'd LOVE, but even if it didn't happen...i am still soooooo HAPPY that ANY 10c member, regardless of their # has that golden CHANCE at front row. just the *idea* of it i think excites everyone....VERY cool indeed!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    Exactly. I'm only 20. But I own 60 boots, and love the band. It doesn't make me less of a fan than someone who has been a member of the club for 15 years.

Exactly. I'm 21 and have given back more than my share to the PJ community and I'm happy I FINALLY have at least a very tiny chance of getting somewhere near the stage! Sorry I couldn't join the fan club when I was 4...
  • Options
    I am real excited at the possibility of potentially being able to snag seats within the first ten rows. My number is high, but the love is there. This adds a whole new element to the anticipation on concert day.
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • Options
    gndcd402 wrote:
    Exactly. I'm 21 and have given back more than my share to the PJ community and I'm happy I FINALLY have at least a very tiny chance of getting somewhere near the stage! Sorry I couldn't join the fan club when I was 4...

I know exactly where your coming from. I think I was only five at the time of the beginning of the Ten Club
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • Options
    sky08sky08 Posts: 43
    Please enjoy whatever seats you have. It's always a great night.

Even though no one will believe me, my first row seats (the one time I had them) were not my favorite. Among other reasons, the guy next to me was on his cell phone all night giving a play-by-play report to a friend.

Second and third row can be perfect. Fifth and seventh were great. Other places where I was on the floor much further back, but the arena was well-constructed were also just fine. I don't know, first row made me feel self conscious or something, like I was expected to be having the best time of anyone there. Plus the band usually look a bit past the first row. Also one time at MSG when I was in the second row I was behind two losers who argued on and off the whole time b/c one guy had backstage access in some way but couldn't or wouldn't take the other guy back there. It was so juvenile (and distracting for me). In Seattle one time, I think 2000, (that time that there was that ridiculous entry line that snaked for miles before the show on the first night) a fight broke out in the first row before the show, and the people got thrown out. I always wondered what could have been so important that you would risk getting thrown out of a first row seat at a Seattle PJ show (if anyone knows, please let me know!). So I guess the moral of the story is that it's much more fun when the people immediately around you are having a great time.
  • Options
    Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    Oatsdad wrote:

I became a fan in 1992 but didn't join til 1996 (I actually got to go to the 1994 NYC show, for which tix were NOT sold to the public AT ALL--so count your blessings!--by winning them from WDHA, a NJ radio station). Sometimes you just fuck up, ya know?

Anyway, I'm okay with my 10C # 161XXX. It gets me 10th row in Colorado and 22nd row in NY/NJ. It hasn't failed me yet.
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options
    Oatsdad wrote:
    The point is that I have little sympathy for someone who claims to have been a big fan since 1991 who obviously waited a long time to join. The club was only $5 back then and everybody with an interest in PJ knew that FC membership brought ticket privileges. If he was too cheap/lazy/whatever to join, that's fine, but don't whine about being left out in the cold for front row tickets...

ummm...no...see not EVERYONE that was into pj since back then knew about the fan club and ticketing privileges. i was 20 in 1991 and have been a fan since ten. i never read the liner notes closely enough to see the 10c info--i was more focused on the music and having fun with my friends. in fact, when i joined the 10c in 2001, i still didn't know anything about 10c tickets. i joined on a whim because i was able to get tb2k cheaper than retail. it wasn't until the riot act tour mailing that i learned about 10c tickets, but it was on after that! i've seen them 26 times all over the world since then.
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,302
    gndcd402 wrote:

and i'm sorry i never got to see jimi hendrix...that's just the way it goes, people. 10club has given in slightly to all the bitching, so everyone should be happy with that. and this is coming from a dumbass who let his '94 number lapse until 2000, so its not like i'd be way up front. just everyone enjoy the shows and accept the fact that you were too young for Pearl jam back in the day, just like i was not born before zeppelin's last show. all love at the show. no more bitching...

unless its about ticket prices. thats still ok to bitch about.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Oatsdad wrote:
    Oh, in no way do I claim to be a "great fan" - that wasn't the intention of my post. God, there are scads of people here who are way into PJ. My point was simply that I see no reason why these superfans didn't join way back in the day.

I take issue with folks who say they've loved PJ forever but whine that they have crummy 10C numbers even though they go back so far. Sorry, but you really couldn't afford $5 a year when you were 15? I apologize if money was really that tight, but then again, if you couldn't shell out $5/year, then you had problems to worry about other than concert tickets...

Oh well...I'm sorry that I didn't join 15 years ago! I was a lot younger and listening to Hanson as I was in primary school. Sorry!!!!
    I loved Pearl Jam since I discovered them in around 2001. I didn't have the funding to become a member until a few years ago.
    I guess since I have all the albums/dvds/4 show posters/lots of memorabilia/live bootlegs and am getting a pearl jam tattoo in a couple weeks...i guess that doesn't show my likeness for the band. I guess not!

All hail you, you amazing fan! Grow the fuck up.
  • Options
    Oatsdad wrote:

I've been a fan since 1992, but didn't join the fan clun until I got a computer in 1999.
  • Options
    I became a fan in 1992 but didn't join til 1996 (I actually got to go to the 1994 NYC show, for which tix were NOT sold to the public AT ALL--so count your blessings!--by winning them from WDHA, a NJ radio station). Sometimes you just fuck up, ya know?

Anyway, I'm okay with my 10C # 161XXX. It gets me 10th row in Colorado and 22nd row in NY/NJ. It hasn't failed me yet.

I guess 1996 to 1999, or maybe it was early 2000, were really the lean years. i joined 3 or 4 years after you, and my number is 206XXX. What show did you see in 1994? Limelight?