Options

Im suprised

krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Chicago night one and two are not full house concerts...I guess I was assuming they would be :o
East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    by full house you mean what...they are not sold out...I'm sure they will be
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    mrveddersonmrvedderson Posts: 784
    a concert in the round, it is only 3/4 of the united center,
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    a concert in the round, it is only 3/4 of the united center,

That's a bit surprising. Maybe they'll open up some seats behind the stage eventually. I was directly behind the stage at the UC for my first PJ show in 03. It was nice to stare at the back of their heads for 3 hours.
  • Options
    krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,016
    krobbinz wrote:

wow. won't happen like that if pj played at the acc in toronto! ;)
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    krobbinz wrote:

I've tried getting tickets, even though it doesn't say sold out...it won't even let you buy 1 ticket
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Pearl Jam hardly ever sells out so I'm not really surprised. They usually only get sellouts in a few of their most popular cities. I'd say less than 5 a tour. There seems to be a belief around here that PJ sells out every show.
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    DewieCox wrote:
    Pearl Jam hardly ever sells out so I'm not really surprised. They usually only get sellouts in a few of their most popular cities. I'd say less than 5 a tour. There seems to be a belief around here that PJ sells out every show.

Aug 23rd is sold out....at least according to ticketmaster.....I'm still looking for 1 or 2 Tenclub tickets. My # is 167,xxx but I couldnt get them when they went on sale. PLEASE help me if you have extra!!!! I'm dying to go, and my husband gave me a check to buy these for our 1 year wedding anniversary!!!!!!!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    DewieCox wrote:

I think that assumption comes because for the most people on the board get tenclub tickets our buy them within 30 seconds of going on public sale...they come pretty damn to close to selling out most of the time though.

A non sellout in Chicago is surprising though because I always thought of it as one of their more popular cities (Seattle, Boston, Chicago, NY)
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

that's why they should say fuck Chicago and come to Boston!!!!!!!!! ;):mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

that's why they should say fuck Chicago and come to Boston!!!!!!!!! ;):mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Boston doesnt sell out every show either.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    DewieCox wrote:

I've never been to a non-sold out show. And (gasp!) I live in Texas. :)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    DewieCox wrote:

In '06 they sold out three shows in San Francisco. I wonder where the other two sellouts occurred. ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Boston doesnt sell out every show either.

they sold out both shows last summer(MSG & Mansfield) without promoting a new record...pretty impressive to me!
  • Options
    I was at Boston 2 last year and it was far from a sellout.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    DewieCox wrote:

they sell out every European show... oh wait you're American... you wouldnt know that ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

they sell out every European show... oh wait you're American... you wouldnt know that ;)

wait!! i thought only Oasis did that!! ;):lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dunkman wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

wait!! i thought only Oasis did that!! ;):lol::lol::lol:

nope... if you recall i said they both sell-out Euro shows... i just said Oasis did it quicker and in much bigger venues ;););) nice try though :twisted:

the US has become bloated on too much live PJ...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

the US has become bloated on too much live PJ...

that's extra weight no one minds pulling around dunky me boy! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    DewieCox wrote:

Hmm, not sure where you get your info from but your way out. The below link is Billboards end of years top tours in 2006 where PJ had the 14th biggest grossing tour of the year with 28 sell outs from 45 shows and at 95% capacity.

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:ku ... clnk&gl=au
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    MINDWIREUK wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Hmm, not sure where you get your info from but your way out. The below link is Billboards end of years top tours in 2006 where PJ had the 14th biggest grossing tour of the year with 28 sell outs from 45 shows and at 95% capacity.

Those numbers would make me wonder what they consider sellout/capacity. I've been to Chicago and Boston for shows and neither show was completely full and that's 2 of their bigger markets.
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    DewieCox wrote:
    MINDWIREUK wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Those numbers would make me wonder what they consider sellout/capacity. I've been to Chicago and Boston for shows and neither show was completely full and that's 2 of their bigger markets.

I'm not sure of the exact mechanics but, my understanding is the promotor reports them to Billboard who in turn publishes them so I'd say they must be based on the actual number of tickets sold. Having said that I have been to so called "sold out" shows before (as advertised by the venue) and got a ticket from the box office, perhaps they're returns etc. Perhaps some are corporate tickets that ppl haven't turned up or just plain ppl that haven't turned up for whatever reason but you don't get anymore official or acurate than Billboard.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    They definitely didn't sell out Little Rock, unfortunately. I hate the south sometimes.
    Straight down the center for a hot chicken dinner!
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 330
    MINDWIREUK wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

and those numbers didn't include australia --- which were all sold out! Also, there is a reason they play two nights in those cities, so disregard dewiecox, i don't think he even likes pearl jam!
  • Options
    Haijay wrote:
    MINDWIREUK wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

and those numbers didn't include australia --- which were all sold out! Also, there is a reason they play two nights in those cities, so disregard dewiecox, i don't think he even likes pearl jam!

If I don't like them, you must hate them, b/c I'm a way bigger fan than you are.
  • Options
    CG49089CG49089 Posts: 109
    what does Bob Sagat have to do with this?
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    DewieCox wrote:

If I don't like them, you must hate them, b/c I'm a way bigger fan than you are.

How the fuck do you figure that one?
    Now if that's not a load of immature bullshit, I don't know what is.
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    silver39 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Aug 23rd is sold out....at least according to ticketmaster.....I'm still looking for 1 or 2 Tenclub tickets. My # is 167,xxx but I couldnt get them when they went on sale. PLEASE help me if you have extra!!!! I'm dying to go, and my husband gave me a check to buy these for our 1 year wedding anniversary!!!!!!!!!

Go to stubhub.com they have a ton of tickets. So what if you have to pay a little more. At least you'll be at the show.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,728
    more reason for them to keep coming to the uk :D
  • Options
    JM55546JM55546 Posts: 129
    I was at Boston 2 last year and it was far from a sellout.

Wrong. They sold out both nights, they were only one of two acts all summer to sell out 2 nights at the Comcast/Tweeter Center last summer.

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/gallery/pearljam0608/