Options

Im suprised

2»

Comments

• Options
    krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
    DewieCox wrote:
    Pearl Jam hardly ever sells out so I'm not really surprised. They usually only get sellouts in a few of their most popular cities. I'd say less than 5 a tour. There seems to be a belief around here that PJ sells out every show.

when youre looking at a few concerts that were offered at the time youre going to get a lot of people attending.

the only reason I went to Bonnaroo last year was to see Pearl Jam because it was the closest they would be to me (15 hours away) and I needed my Pearl Jam fix

I doubt the show would be a sell out if a full fledged tour would accompany it
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    bovy_j wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

If I don't like them, you must hate them, b/c I'm a way bigger fan than you are.

How the fuck do you figure that one?
    Now if that's not a load of immature bullshit, I don't know what is.

It was a joke. They said in the previous post that I didn't even like PJ. Just showing how it can turned around.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    DewieCox wrote:
    bovy_j wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

If I don't like them, you must hate them, b/c I'm a way bigger fan than you are.

How the fuck do you figure that one?
    Now if that's not a load of immature bullshit, I don't know what is.

It was a joke. They said in the previous post that I didn't even like PJ. Just showing how it can turned around.

My bad bud.
    Just was a little annoyed this morning when I awoke to find yet another front page of complaining from people.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,780
    The UC isn't a great venue, and isn't in a great location (compared to Soldier Field, Wrigley, etc.) I'm sure they'd sell out by now if there were no chances of any more US tour dates, but everyone's holding tightly to something in their area.

If there was a chance at Alpine Valley, I wouldn't have gotten United Center tickets, and I live a $5 cab ride from the stadium
  • Options
    krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
    I think we lost track of the original statement... :D

I was commenting on how the concerts arent seating behind the stage as they have in the past...if those seats arent offered, in my mind I wouldnt consider that a "sold out" show. :ugeek:
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    in the end,,,all are sold out..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    krobbinz wrote:
    I think we lost track of the original statement... :D

I was commenting on how the concerts arent seating behind the stage as they have in the past...if those seats arent offered, in my mind I wouldnt consider that a "sold out" show. :ugeek:

no this is about seats being left..

8-)
  • Options
    pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    Chicago night 1 in 2006, we had horrible seats (last minute ebay purchase). When we got to the seats, we were in them for about 5 minutes, and a security guard came over to our section and gave all of us seats for the first level, right behind the stage. They were actually decent seats! Ed and Mike often turned around to look at us. Maybe that will happen for these August shows for some lucky fans.
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    if they played three nights in Toronto every single show would be sold out in minutes.
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV