Options

Pearl Jam Pay Tribute to The Who at VH1 Rock Honors

124»

Comments

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I researched these hotels for members on thewho.com but I don't see why they should be the only ones to benefit. You can use this link from UCLA to find any of these and their proximity to Pauley:

http://www.metrotravelguide.com/hotels_nearby/los_angeles/ca/usa/0/Pauley_Pavilion_-_Ucla/#trafficLogID=508901601&visited=true&cityID=22&ServerID=1055

I just checked the ones that were $170 or less. You can find plenty that cost more than that on that link.

Los Angeles West Travelodge $99

Holiday Inn Express Century City $164

Best Western Royal Palace Inn And Suites $119.99

Los Angeles-Days Inn Santa Monica $145

Comfort Inn Santa Monica $149

Santa Monica Pico Boulevard Travelodge $139

Ramada Inn West Hollywood/Beverly Hills Area $169

Ramada Ltd. Culver City $129

Santa Monica Motel $129

Culver City Travelodge $112

Those hotels are within 1-4 miles of UCLA. Parking is supposed to be pretty bad at Pauley so most people are taking taxis. If a few people go together a taxi won't cost you much.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Y. VANY. VAN france Posts: 135
    Hello with you, I go to concert VH1 Rock Honors The Who to los angels, I seek somebody to buy my second ticket. thank you

I'm m french sorry for my english.

tickets : (Section 205 Row 13)

Une demande "WMA" pour le Tour Européen 2018 

• Options
    MakeMeCry43MakeMeCry43 Posts: 355
    For those guys that are going to this show...You guys are so darn lucky and The Who is definitely one awesom rock band, but I can't help but feel that Pearl Jam is probably the only good rock act on there, no disrespect to the others, but I like PJ's music more than the Foo Fighters and Flaming Lips combined....Seems like it's gonna be a rockin' show and seeing The Who and PJ in one night? That's more than a dream come true for any fan! Hope you guys enjoy the show, would definitely love to hear how it went...
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    For those guys that are going to this show...You guys are so darn lucky and The Who is definitely one awesom rock band, but I can't help but feel that Pearl Jam is probably the only good rock act on there, no disrespect to the others, but I like PJ's music more than the Foo Fighters and Flaming Lips combined....Seems like it's gonna be a rockin' show and seeing The Who and PJ in one night? That's more than a dream come true for any fan! Hope you guys enjoy the show, would definitely love to hear how it went...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as someone who has seen the Foo's multiple time, they are awesome.

I'm not too familiar with the Flaming Lips or Incubus, but I'm psyched to get a couple new (for me) bands.

Pearl Jam and the Who are in my top 10 of Bands with PJ number 1 overall and the Who between 5 and 10.
  • Options
    r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    just listen to the album Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots and you'll be significantly more excited about this show...
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • Options
    Yeah, that's cool Wilds! Maybe if I saw them live then maybe I'd be more convinced, but yeah, I'm not saying they suck or anything, I sometimes listen to them and honestly, rather listen to them than any of today's music, I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes by saying that or offend anyone....But I like Incubus, I think you'll like them Wilds, they're a good band and yeah, The Who is definitely in the list of fav. bands! But is it true that Coldplay is a special guest? I can't imagine them preforming a Who song....

Hehe, thanks for the heads up r1vers, I'll look that up...maybe it'll work :D

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    Coldplay is still just a rumor. Seems to be a strong one though.
    The webmaster at thewho.com has said that this is strictly a VH1 gig and they're the only ones who have any say over what's going to happen. So that's the only source I consider more than halfway accurate.
    At this point I'm assuming anything could happen and I'm just really happy I'm gonna see The Who and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Coldplay is still just a rumor. Seems to be a strong one though.
    The webmaster at thewho.com has said that this is strictly a VH1 gig and they're the only ones who have any say over what's going to happen. So that's the only source I consider more than halfway accurate.
    At this point I'm assuming anything could happen and I'm just really happy I'm gonna see The Who and Pearl Jam.

The only sad part about other bands being added, is it will probably take away from PJ's set time/allowance.
  • Options
    whoprincess, thanks for clearing that up, it'd be nice if it's just the bands announced and no other additions, Like what Wilds said, if there were more bands added then PJ's time would be shorter, but whoprincess, you are so lucky to get to see two of the greatest rock bands around! I hope you have a great time! And would love to hear fanviews later on.

• Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    I've got 2 spares for the VH1 Rockhonors if anyone is interested - ended up with 2 extra because a friend also has tix - these are 2 hard tickets in section 316A - PM me if interested. Both tix for $150 - i paid a little more, but that is FV - or will trade for any Radiohead tix - LA, SD, or SB.
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    whoprincess, thanks for clearing that up, it'd be nice if it's just the bands announced and no other additions, Like what Wilds said, if there were more bands added then PJ's time would be shorter, but whoprincess, you are so lucky to get to see two of the greatest rock bands around! I hope you have a great time! And would love to hear fanviews later on.
    Will be only too happy to report back. I am SO stoked for this.
  • Options
    ucsberucsber Posts: 17
    Is not coming. Check their tour calendar.
  • Options
    ucsberucsber Posts: 17
    Wilds wrote:
    The only sad part about other bands being added, is it will probably take away from PJ's set time/allowance.

You people are a piece of work. If you want to to a Pearl Jam show go to a fucking Pearl Jam show. Seriously. Stay away!~
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Wilds wrote:

The VH1 honors always have multiple bands, and each one only does a few songs (perhaps more then 1 take, however).
  • Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    The VH1 honors always have multiple bands, and each one only does a few songs (perhaps more then 1 take, however).
    hopefully the Who, PJ and the Foo Fighters have a longer time, since they are the default headliners
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    Lukin66 wrote:
    hopefully the Who, PJ and the Foo Fighters have a longer time, since they are the default headliners
    The Who are scheduled to play 45 minutes.