SOUNDGARDEN - KING ANIMAL - Nov 13 2012

Savage TongueSavage Tongue Posts: 580
edited September 2013 in Other Music
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
"Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Mark it down, dude!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    :thumbup: :thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • This is sounding amazing. Bad to say but already this is sounding better than pearl jams last two outings.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    sad to see MC in studio with SG instead of PJ.. and yes it did sound better then anything from backspacer
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    This is sounding amazing. Bad to say but already this is sounding better than pearl jams last two outings.

Sad but true... could be even last 3 when we here the whole thing! Clip sounds great, I can't wait.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Nice! :mrgreen:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    This is sounding amazing. Bad to say but already this is sounding better than pearl jams last two outings.
    You made that decision from that mish-mashed 35 second clip?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

would have preferred a 35 second clip then backspacer

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Zoso wrote:

would have preferred a 35 second clip then backspacer
    You didnt like one or two things at all from the entire album?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I'm excited about this but .... i want to defend backspacer i liked it. and i'm far from the "don't say anythign bad about pearl jam fanboy" but i enjoyed got some, unkthought known, force of nature, amongst the waves, just breathe, and the end quite a bit
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    I'm excited about this but .... i want to defend backspacer i liked it. and i'm far from the "don't say anythign bad about pearl jam fanboy" but i enjoyed got some, unkthought known, force of nature, amongst the waves, just breathe, and the end quite a bit
    It was good but too short ... and a few tracks felt like EV solos. 2 or 3 more songs and we have a winner. Oh well, dumb to argue. I'm happy PJ is still cranking away and quite happy that Soundgarden is back in the mix as well.
    Zoso wrote:
    [quote="Dr. Delight"ast two outings.

would have preferred a 35 second clip then backspacer[/quote]
    You didnt like one or two things at all from the entire album?[/quote]

to me, it's a throw away album from start to finish.. no songs do it for me... but that's just me.

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Cool...I think there's something strangely Backspacer-ish about this snippet. Sounds pretty slick production wise but even more than that.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    :clap:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I'm really looking forward to the new SG but it's hard to get too excited over a 36-second teaser (remember when the Live To Rise teaser came out? The riff sounded great but the rest of the song kinda sucked).

As long as it's better than Down On The Upside...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    goldrush wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to the new SG but it's hard to get too excited over a 36-second teaser (remember when the Live To Rise teaser came out? The riff sounded great but the rest of the song kinda sucked).

I think many people forget how bad Down on the Upside was. But if they have to release a new record to get them playing together again, whatever I'm all for it as long as they tour and play old stuff.........when PJ is done touring of course.

Just please don't quit your day job MC :D
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    marcos wrote:
    goldrush wrote:

I think many people forget how bad Down on the Upside was.

:shock:
    I bet alot more people are thinking how ridiculous that statement was.

anyway that clip was incredible! Matts drumming in that 36 seconds was better than anything hes ever done in PJ. I really hope that little clip isnt the "best part" of the entire album. Kinda like how the clip of live to rise was the best part of the entire song.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    marcos wrote:

Wow.... really?? :shock: DOTUS is a stunning album.
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    JimNastics wrote:
    marcos wrote:

Wow.... really?? :shock: DOTUS is a stunning album.

erase pj from the planet and DOTUS is my fav album ever.
    there is some otherwordly transcendent shit in that record. brilliant.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • DOTUS is an incredible album.
    DOTUS is an incredible album.
    I think it features some of Matt's best drumming ever.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Jason P wrote:

I've heard that and how technically great SG was. And technical musicaianship has always been their thing. I just prefer the sound of Louder Than Love and Badmotorfinger.

So in retrospect, calling DOTUS such a bad record was out of line; probably just a reaction to the criticism of PJ's records with Matt and such. I get stupidly defensive with this band, I love them and don't want Matt going anywhere.

I think he has a much hotter girlfriend now (PJ) :D
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    marcos wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

I've heard that and how technically great SG was. And technical musicaianship has always been their thing. I just prefer the sound of Louder Than Love and Badmotorfinger.

So in retrospect, calling DOTUS such a bad record was out of line; probably just a reaction to the criticism of PJ's records with Matt and such. I get stupidly defensive with this band, I love them and don't want Matt going anywhere.

I disagree. I've loved PJ way more thatn soundgarden the past few years, but that little 36 sec clip alone has better drumming than hes EVER done for PJ (studio wise, live hes still an animal in PJ). That little clip alone is better than anything PJ has done in backspacer. Matt can continue in SG for all I care.
    Jason P wrote:

YES! His drumming is so classy on DOTU. WHen people say he plays odd time signatures like 4/4, its done on that album more than any other. His drumming seems simple, but it isnt. The way matt grooves on that record, or in general, is boggling to my mind. Burden in my hand is such an under rated drum track of his too.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • marcos wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

I disagree. I've loved PJ way more thatn soundgarden the past few years, but that little 36 sec clip alone has better drumming than hes EVER done for PJ (studio wise, live hes still an animal in PJ).

Listen to Half Full and know that you are wrong ;)
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Down On The Upside is a good album and it has some great songs (I love Dusty, and Ty Cobb is a beast of a track) but I prefer nearly all of their other albums. It doesn't matter how good Matt is, I don't think the songs are as strong as on their previous albums. I was a bit disappointed with Down On The Upside so I am hoping that the new record is better.

Also, Matt's drumming style in Soundgarden is different to his style with PJ because they are a different type of band. I know they will always be linked because of their history and friendship but SG are much harder and heavier than PJ. If Matt played the same way with PJ it wouldn't fit with the songs.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Neil BruceNeil Bruce Posts: 132
    Why is it every time PJ or SG do something new people try and say it makes them a better band than the other one...or Matt is better suited to one band over the other etc. SG and PJ are pretty different I know they share a drummer, but that's pretty much where the similarity ends...I for one really like both bands and am really excited to have new music from both of them...I just hope both bands can continue without Matt having to chose!

Anyway as for Worse Dreams; Sounds really promising based on the clip...but then again Live to Rise sounded awesome in the clip they posted and look how that turned out!
  • Neil Bruce wrote:
    Why is it every time PJ or SG do something new people try and say it makes them a better band than the other one...or Matt is better suited to one band over the other etc. SG and PJ are pretty different I know they share a drummer, but that's pretty much where the similarity ends...I for one really like both bands and am really excited to have new music from both of them...I just hope both bands can continue without Matt having to chose!

Anyway as for Worse Dreams; Sounds really promising based on the clip...but then again Live to Rise sounded awesome in the clip they posted and look how that turned out!

+1, agree with everything you said. I'm hoping Worse Dreams turns out to be way better than LTR.
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Soundgarden asked a ? on their facebook the other say asking who we want to see them tour with in the future...you can count on a SG tour sooner rather than later to promote King Animal
  • KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Soundgarden asked a ? on their facebook the other say asking who we want to see them tour with in the future...you can count on a SG tour sooner rather than later to promote King Animal

hope so! they were great in berlin, despite the pouring rain.
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Kathi wrote:

hope so! they were great in berlin, despite the pouring rain.

i hope so too....ive never seen them live :cry: