Options

*** EV Tour London 2 Fanviews Here 7/31/12 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,932
edited October 2012 in Given To Fly (live)
Eddie Vedder
Hammersmith Apollo
London, UK
July 31, 2012
Show Two Set List

01. Sometimes
02. Picture In A Frame-(Kathleen Brennan/Tom Waits)
03. Just Breathe
(Ed talks about Willie Nelson's great cover "Just Breathe" and how Willie's vocal style is all Ed can hear now while he sings the song. He also talks about what an underrated background singer and singer in general Matt Cameron is. He mentions having to correct a line Matt was singing that dramatically changed the meaning of the song.)
04. Thumbing My Way
(Ed wordlessly holds up his ukulele that has 'Clarence', (for Clarence Clemons) written on it and the audience cheers)
05. Can't Keep
06. Without You
(Ed talks about the West Memphis Three and the influence on writing the song "Satellite" about the physical distance between his then girlfriend that was later to become his wife and the separation between Damien Echols and his wife Lorri.)
07. Satellite
08. You're True
(Ed talks about a band called "Yeastie Girls" and recites part of one of their raps. He realizes his daughters are at the show tonight and regrets that he is going to have to explain the rap. He then talks about Russian band "Pussy Riot' being imprisoned and reads a petition asking that Prime Minister Putin let the band free.)
Amnesty International: http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset ... 012en.html

09. Driftin'
10. Unthought Known
11. No Ceiling
12. Far Behind
(Ed tells a story about the time he almost accidentally killed The Kings Of Leon while skeet shooting. He then talks about not understanding how shooting is an Olympic sport but isn't surprised that the Americans are winning at it.)
13. Guaranteed
(Ed mentions that PIL have a song called "Rise" as well and that he recently spotted John Lydon in an airport but of all the words you could use to describe John like, singer, punk rock archetype and genius, approachable might not be the most obvious especially at an airport but Ed had met John before several years ago so he went up to him and said hello. John smiled, threw open his arms and said "Eddie". Ed said it was as exciting as catching a big wave)
14. Rise (Dedicated to John Lydon)
15. Long Nights w/ Glen Hansard
(Ed's daughter Olivia brings out a guitar for her dad. Ed talks about his recently passed friend Dennis Flemion from the band "The Frogs". He quotes one of their songs and realizes he will have more explaining to do to his daughters. He talks about Dennis' life and family and dedicates the next song to him)
16. Man Of The Hour-(dedicated to Dennis Flemion)
17. Masters Of War-(Dylan)
18. Porch
Encore Break 1
(Ed thanks the crowd. Talks about the building and all the friends he didn't know he had in London. He then holds up a copy of The Who's "Quadrophenia" and talks about how much the album means to him. He talks about the picture inside that shows the Hammersmith.)
19. I'm One-(Townshend)
20. Parting Ways
21. Society w/ Glen Hansard-(Jerry Hannan)
22. Sleepless Nights w/ Glen Hansard-(Boudleaux Bryant, Felice Bryant) [performed without mics or PA]
23. Falling Slowly w/ Glen Hansard-(Hansard, Irglová)
24. Throw Your Arms Around Me w/ Neil Finn-(Archer, Falconer, Howard, Mills, Seymour, Smith, Waters) {Hunters & Collectors}
25. Blue, Red and Grey w/ Roger Daltrey singing and playing ukulele-(Townshend)
26. Naked Eye w/ Roger Daltrey-(Townshend)
Encore Break 2
(Ed mentions the hard working athletes of the Olympics and then holds up a gift from Zak Starkey which Ed describes as his gold medal. A large target that The Who often used as a symbol. Ed's daughter Harper hits the play button to start the tape for 'Hard Sun'
27. Hard Sun w/ Neil Finn, Elroy Finn, Myles Robinson(sp), Glen Hansard and others-(Peterson)
28. So You Want To Be A Rock And Roll Star w/ Neil Finn, Elroy Finn, Glen Hansard, Miles Robinson(sp)-(Hillman. McGuinn)
29. Dream A Little Dream-(Gus Kahn, Wilbur Schwandt, Fabian Andree)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)

Glen Hansard Set List
01. Love Don't Leave Me Waiting/Respect-(Redding)
02. Low Rising
03. In These Arms
04. High Hopes
05. Rise (The Frames/Glen Hansard)
06. Astral Weeks-(Van Morrison)/Smile-(Ament, Vedder)
07. Devil Town-(Johnston) [performed a cappella with Glen and the audience snapping their fingers and singing]
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bnewman19bnewman19 Posts: 74
    Wow, words fail me, what a night!
  • Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    Crazy. Can't belive what I just experienced.
  • Options
    Thanks Sea.

WOW......Just WOW.
    Roger Daltrey was a surprise, even for EV

Too exhausted and worn out to write properly now but this one is gonna down as a momumental EV solo show. That set was just incredible!
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    HOLY......CRAP.......WOW. Did not attend but can't help posting.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Wow- what a show
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    I can't wait to read all of the posts that are about to start pouring in.
    Sounds like it was incredible.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,271
    What a show....it was amazing!
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    TigaSefiTigaSefi Posts: 278
    It was a good gig but god damn... the amount of people pissing off to get a drink or empty their bladder was borderline fuckin' ridiculous!!!! :x
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Sea wrote:
    Encore Break 2
    (Ed mentions the hard working athletes of the Olympics and then holds up a gift from Zack Starkey which Ed describes as his gold medal. A large target that The Who often used as a symbol. Ed's daughter Harper hits the play button to start the tape for 'Hard Sun'
    :o :shock:

i never post in fanview threads of concerts i didn't attend, but this is just fucking amazing just fucking wow
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    leespjleespj Liverpool Posts: 172
    I was in Manchester and London night 1 both were amazing but i think i would swap them both for that
    Pearl Jam

1996-10-28, 2000-05-29, 2006-08-25, 2007-06-21, 2007-06-26, 2009-08-17, 2009-08-18, 2009-10-28, 2010-06-23, 2010-07-03, 2010-07-06, 2010-10-23, 2010-10-24, 2011-09-14, 2011-09-15, 2012-06-20, 2012-06-21, 2012-07-04, 2012-07-05, 2013-10-15, 2013-10-18, 2014-06-26, 2014-06-28, 2014-07-08, 2014-07-11, 2014-10-17, 2014-10-20, 2016-05-02, 2016-05-05, 2018-06-18, 2018-07-03, 2018-07-05, 2022-07-25.

Eddie Vedder

2012-07-28, 2012-07-30, 2012-11-15, 2017-06-11, 2019-06-25, 2019-07-03.

Brad

2013-02-08.

• Options
    ozzykillerozzykiller Isle Of Wight , UK Posts: 109
    edited July 2012
    Absolutely awesome show from start to finish. Highlights for me Picture in a frame, man of the hour and the obviously unscheduled appearance of Roger Daltrey. Just as Ed was about to start a song , his guitar tech walks over and whispers in his ear. Ed asks the crowd to excuse him for a second and goes to the side of the stage. 30 seconds later he walks back onstage with Roger. Ed was smiling like a Cheshire cat. "I only turned up for a drink " proclaimed Roger with ukulele in hand. After some banter about how this could go either way as he's not done anything since April , he launches into Blue,red and grey. Ed for the most part jut watched on in disbelief. A true pleasure to be at such a great show. By far the best of the 3 UK solo shows.
    Post edited by ozzykiller on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    wow!!!awesome set..

Thanks Sea...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DeanoDeano Posts: 179
    TigaSefi wrote:
    It was a good gig but god damn... the amount of people pissing off to get a drink or empty their bladder was borderline fuckin' ridiculous!!!! :x

this

and the number of people recording and flashing cameras

the guy in front of me never set eyes on Daltrey as he watched it all through his screen

his loss cos as Ed said - this was a special one
    Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006
    O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009
    Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010
    Manchester - #1 & #2, 2012
    EV: London #1 & #2 2012
    Leeds - July 8, 2014
    Milton Keynes - July 11, 2014
    EV: London - #1 & #2, 2017
    O2 Arena - June 18, 2018
    O2 Arena - June 19, 2018
    O2 Arena - July 17, 2018
    Hyde Park - July 10, 2020
    Hyde Park - #1 & #2, 2021 (hopefully!)
  • Options
    allydcallydc Posts: 5
    ozzykiller wrote:
    Absolutely awesome show from start to finish. Highlights for me Picture in a frame, man of the hour and the obviously unscheduled appearance of Roger Daltrey. Just as Ed was about to start a song , his guitar tech walks over and whispers in his ear. Ed asks the crowd to excuse him for a second and goes to the side of the stage. 30 seconds later he walks back onstage with Roger. Ed was smiling like a Cheshire cat. "I only turned up for a drink " proclaimed Roger with ukulele in hand. After some banter about how this could go either way as he's not done anything since April he Launches into Blue,red and grey. Ed for the most part jut watched on in disbelief. A true pleasure to be at such a great show. By far the best of the 3 UK solo shows.

Couldn't have said it better- I'm still pretty speechless!!!
    Merriweather Post '98
    MSG II '03
    MCI Center DC- Vote for Change '04
    Verizon Center '06
    02 London '09
    Hard Rock Calling '10
    Berlin '10
    Eddie Solo LA '11
    Ed Solo London I and II '12
  • Options
    allydcallydc Posts: 5
    Deano wrote:
    TigaSefi wrote:

this

and the number of people recording and flashing cameras

the guy in front of me never set eyes on Daltrey as he watched it all through his screen

his loss cos as Ed said - this was a special one

that being said- I hope no one let the people taking pictures etc.. ruin their night- because it was a seriously special one!
    Merriweather Post '98
    MSG II '03
    MCI Center DC- Vote for Change '04
    Verizon Center '06
    02 London '09
    Hard Rock Calling '10
    Berlin '10
    Eddie Solo LA '11
    Ed Solo London I and II '12
  • Options
    wozza77wozza77 Posts: 275
    Unbelievable. Just incredible. Now all EV amd PJ gigs are special but this was a new level.

As Ed said this one will stay with us forever.
    Now it all comes down to numbers, now I'm glad that I have quit
    Folks these days just don't do nothing simple for the love of it
  • Options
    simonortonsimonorton Posts: 173
    TigaSefi wrote:

Agree 100%. At least wait until between songs ? I suggested this to one lady whose response was to call me a twat.

*sighs*
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    wozza77 wrote:
    Unbelievable. Just incredible. Now all EV amd PJ gigs are special but this was a new level.

As Ed said this one will stay with us forever.

I totally agree about another level, I love pearl jam but didn't know what to expect from an Ed solo show but O...M...G!!

The whole show was just truly fantastic. I just got home and am still reeling from it all. Biggest hghlights for me was Masters of War (!!), the into the wild set, Ed's duet with Glenn on Falling Slowly and Ed and Daltrey doing Naked Eye. Also the moment when Ed and Glenn did sleepless nights at the front of the stage kind of like a couple of drunk men at a bar with just the uke and no microphones and both forgot the lyrics at the same time - twice! So funny.

Also, four encores!! FOUR! Seriously Eddie is just a god, and has the cutest kids too. It was nice to see them play a part in the show (and earn their living lol, to paraphrase eddie!) :lol:
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517

Yup, that's all the words I could come up with.

I'm retiring from EV shows now. There's no point- it's not going to top tonight. Why even bother?
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    desolatejoydesolatejoy London Posts: 248
    edited July 2012
    :shock: Frickin' 'ell!!! Surely, surely if just one of the Ed solo shows comes out as a bootleg it has to be this one? (Or just release all of them of course ;) ) I mean I was at London night 1 which was phenomenal......BUT THIS!!! Phew!
    Post edited by desolatejoy on
    Wembley Arena, London - 28/10/96
    Wembley Arena, London - 30/05/00 
    Wembley Arena, London - 18/06/07
    02 Arena, London - 18/08/09
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 30/07/12 EV Solo
    Bowl, Milton Keynes - 11/07/2014
    Hammersmith Apollo, London - 06/06/17 EV Solo
    O2 Arena, London - 18/06/18
    O2 Arena, London - 17/07/18

It's an art to live with pain, mix the light into grey...
  • Options
    Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    I am very jealous right now......but delighted you all got to experience it and looking forward to hearing all about it :)
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I am very jealous right now......but delighted you all got to experience it and looking forward to hearing all about it :)
    Me toooooo. That's it. I guess I'm going south this November :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    faithfullalefaithfullale Posts: 152
    Congrats to all who was able to experience this show. Can't wait for this fall. Already going to both Jacksonville shows, may have to plan for a few more here in Florida.

I vote for EV bootlegs also!!!!!
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    This might be the best show Ed has ever done and I wasn't even there. Eddie we are begging you dude...please release a boot of this!

PS...I think you should return the favor and play the part of the punk (or the Godfather if you like) at The Who's February date in Columbus :D
  • Options
    Un. Fucking. Real!!!!!!!!!! Neil Finn and Roger Daltrey?????????

Wow good for Ed! To get to play with his idol's like that; it's how I know I would feel if I ever got to play with Ed!

Great show, hail hail the lucky one's who got to witness that live. Hopefully we will all get to at least hear it one day. RELEASE THE BOOTS ED! RELEASE THE BOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Sea wrote:
    Eddie Vedder
    Hammersmith Apollo
    London, UK
    July 31, 2012
    Show Two Set List
    24. Throw Your Arms Around Me w/ Neil Finn-(Archer, Falconer, Howard, Mills, Seymour, Smith, Waters) {Hunters & Collectors}
    Encore Break 2
    (Ed mentions the hard working athletes of the Olympics and then holds up a gift from Zack Starkey which Ed describes as his gold medal. A large target that The Who often used as a symbol. Ed's daughter Harper hits the play button to start the tape for 'Hard Sun'
    27. Hard Sun w/ Neil Finn, Elroy Finn, Myles Robinson(sp), Glen Hansard and others-(Peterson)
    28. So You Want To Be A Rock And Roll Star w/ Neil Finn, Elroy Finn, Glen Hansard, Miles Robinson(sp)-(Hillman. McGuinn)
    29. Dream A Little Dream-(Gus Kahn, Wilbur Schwandt, Fabian Andree)

:shock: :shock:

Damned.. Hail Hail to the lucky ones who attend.

I feel blessed to be part of this tour, Amsterdam I was so cool with crowdsurfing Eddie at the end but this night :shock:
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    Wooooooooow

Seriously got goosebumps reading this thread. REALLY can't wait for Tulsa in NOV!
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    I had to read the set list twice. :shock: I still cant believe how great this show must of been. I am dying.. I cant wait till November now.

Congrats to every one who was there. This truly is a gem in your crown :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Oh my god. I think I picked the wrong night to go to. This looked amazing, truly amazing. Congratulations to all the lucky ones to attend this one in a lifetime experience.
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • Options
    ricjoricjo Posts: 15
    What a truly fantastic experience... Still can't believe it all really happened...! What made it all extra special was the fact that Ed had spent his teenage years looking at that Quadrophenia inlet photo at the Hammersmith Apollo and being able to play there as an adult was unbelievable in itself (to quote him). He was marking the occasion by covering The Who. But then having Daltrey come on and play with him just blew him (and obviously the crowd) totally away... :o Took it all to an even higher level. The amount of time Ed just stood there looking at the packed venue at the end, taking it all in... Wow. Just wow.