Options

"Ten" full album in RockBand video game

edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Forgive me if this was posted before as I haven't been to the boards in a while nor did I see it posted after doing a search. So here goes...

The following text was from the RockBand video game's website. I will certainly purchase this one!! Although, I should warn that I've been patiently waiting for Nirvana's "Nevermind" album to be available as was announced many, many moons ago. Hope Harmonix doesn't flake on this one...

===========================================================
PEARL JAM SIGNS WITH MTV GAMES AND HARMONIX TO BRING BAND’S DEBUT ALBUM, TEN, TO ROCK BAND
Full Album to be Released as Rock Band DLC Day and Date with the Re-issue of “Ten”:
Four Special Edition Packages in Stores on March 24, 2009

NEW YORK, NY – December 15, 2008 – Harmonix, the world’s premier music video game development company, and MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), today confirmed that Ten, the debut album that sold 12 million copies and introduced the world to Pearl Jam (http://www.pearljam.com) in 1991, will be offered for download in the Rock Band Music Store day-and-date with the re-issue of the album in stores on March 24, 2009.

Paul DeGooyer, Senior Vice President of Electronic Games and Music for MTV Networks Music / Logo Group, added, “Just hearing the first few notes of Jeremy or Alive brings back all the raw emotion of this incredible, hugely important album. We are honored to be working with Pearl Jam to deliver Ten as it is re-issued.”

In addition to the track “Alive” that is already available on the Rock Band 2 game disc, the Pearl Jam Ten download pack will include the additional 10 songs from the album:

1. Once
2. Even Flow
3. Why Go
4. Black
5. Jeremy
6. Oceans
7. Porch
8. Garden
9. Deep
10. Release

Pearl Jam released Ten on August 27, 1991. The album reached #2 on the Billboard 200 chart, sold over 12 million copies and became one of the cultural touchstones of the 1990s. Songs such as “Alive,” “Black,” “Even Flow” and Jeremy became staples of rock radio, and still make frequent appearances on the band’s ever-changing concert setlists. The album was produced by Rick Parasher. Pearl Jam’s 1991 lineup was Jeff Ament (bass), Stone Gossard (guitar), Dave Krusen (drums), Mike McCready (guitar) and Eddie Vedder (vocals).

Rock Band 2 features the largest music catalogue of any music-based videogame to date including over 100 songs[1] on the Rock Band 2 soundtrack with an unrivaled blend of classic and new artists including AC/DC, Guns ‘N Roses, Bob Dylan, Pearl Jam, Motorhead and more! The Rock Band online music store recently surpassed 30 million paid downloads since the game’s launch in late November 2007. With more than 500 tracks available to date via disc and download purchase (complete list of tracks at http://www.rockband.com/dlc), the addition of complete and immediate backwards compatibility for songs purchased from Rock Band’s ever-expanding online music store and the ability to export most songs from the original Rock Band disc, Rock Band continues to deliver the largest library of music ever for a video game.

For more information on Rock Band and Harmonix Music Systems please visit www.rockband.com and www.harmonixmusic.com.

MTV Games is the publisher of Rock Band and is developed by Harmonix, EA is the exclusive distribution partner for Rock Band.

About MTV Games

MTV Games is dedicated to creating, marketing and publishing high-quality, innovative interactive products that are relevant to the MTV audience and complement the core values of the MTV Networks brands.
===========================================================
Rock on!
~Edward

===========================
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Yes, it's been out there for a little over a month now. Many people (including me) are very excited by the news.

Also, Nevermind was released, except for Come As You Are, and Smells Like Teen Spirit I believe. Polly is the easiest expert drum song you can ever imagine--4 total notes I think.
    Lolla St. Louis 92, StL 98, Kansas City 98, Knoxville 98, StL 00, Kansas City 00, Oklahoma City 03, StL 03, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Kansas City 03, Philly x 2 03, MSG x 2 03, StL 04, GR 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, SF x 3 06, Portland, Gorge x 2 06, MSG x 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield x 2 08
  • Options
    AM53623AM53623 Posts: 14
    looks good,

couple questions for the rock band newbie here though.-->

1. I have a wii, so to download 10 does it have to be connected to the internet? or can I download it to my pc, then put it on an sd card and put it in the wii? not quite sure how that works...

2. from what it was saying with backwards compadibility, if you buy the rock band 1 game will all those songs upload into rock band 2? or would you have to do something stupid like actually put in the rock band 1 disc if you want to play those songs? or is it just the songs that you would have downloaded to rb1? hmmm

think that's it. For some reason I can not for the life of me figure out how to connect my wii to the internet... I just don't want to go out and buy rock band 2 for like $200 if I can't figure out how to play 10 ya know.
  • Options
    niceeee
  • Options
    I had the guitar but my wife bought me the complete set up for Christmas when we heard 10 was going to be released!

now that would be cool to set up at a bar for a pre-party!!
  • Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    I have the Xbox 360 so I'm not familiar with how RB and the Wii work, but when I was checking the site for the latest downloads (and came across the "Ten" news), I did see a link for the Wii store now being open. So not being familiar w/ the Wii for RB, I can tell you that you will need an internet connection. If you have wi-fi in your house, you should be able to get your Wii to connect. Ours is connected, but I can't remember it being that difficult of a process.

As for the RB1 songs being available in RB2, I know in the Xbox 360 you can transfer those songs over. Basically, you have to download some tool (which cost $6.95 !!!!!!!!!) which rips every song from the RB1 disc which you'll need to have in your console at the time. It rips them to your console's hard drive at which you can delete any that you choose not to have (I deleted Fall Out Boy immediately). You'd have to check if this feature is available for the Wii.

Also, if you don't have RB2 yet, but you have RB1, you can still download the "Ten" album. All the download content will work with either version.

Thanks for the info on "Nevermind". They must have released that one when my radar was down! I'll have to download it later. We love playing these games and are stoked to play "Alive" and can't wait for "Ten". Enjoy!
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    great...time for all of Ten to be OVER FUCKING PLAYED!...if there ever was a video game that ruins music, simply by over playing music, it's got to be GH and RB...sure the concept is exciting, but jesus fucking christ...when i go to a PJ show i don't wanna hear the begining lick to a song and be thinking (along with tons of other fans) "AHHH NOT THIS SONG AGAIN!"
  • Options
    when i go to a PJ show i don't wanna hear the begining lick to a song and be thinking (along with tons of other fans) "AHHH NOT THIS SONG AGAIN!"

This was happening LOOOOONG before GH and RB my friend. ;)

How cool will it be to play Oceans and Release...and Deep...and Garden.

C'mon March 24th!!!
    Lolla St. Louis 92, StL 98, Kansas City 98, Knoxville 98, StL 00, Kansas City 00, Oklahoma City 03, StL 03, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Kansas City 03, Philly x 2 03, MSG x 2 03, StL 04, GR 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, SF x 3 06, Portland, Gorge x 2 06, MSG x 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield x 2 08
  • Options
    AM53623 wrote:
    looks good,

couple questions for the rock band newbie here though.-->

1. I have a wii, so to download 10 does it have to be connected to the internet? or can I download it to my pc, then put it on an sd card and put it in the wii? not quite sure how that works...

2. from what it was saying with backwards compadibility, if you buy the rock band 1 game will all those songs upload into rock band 2? or would you have to do something stupid like actually put in the rock band 1 disc if you want to play those songs? or is it just the songs that you would have downloaded to rb1? hmmm

think that's it. For some reason I can not for the life of me figure out how to connect my wii to the internet... I just don't want to go out and buy rock band 2 for like $200 if I can't figure out how to play 10 ya know.

you cant download on the wii, ur going to have to wait for them to release it on disk.
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518

you cant download on the wii, ur going to have to wait for them to release it on disk.

This is not necessarily true-you can download on the Wii; the Rockband store is open. But it does not have the full selection of songs that are on the 360/PS3.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Whats the sound quality like?

Death Magnetic Guitar hero version is better than the cd....
  • Options
    FoxyMopFoxyMop Posts: 303
    Hellz yeah, can not WAIT for the day :)

Hit me up on xbox 360 and we'll jam!

Foxy Mop X
  • Options
    PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    I hope and pray that I can get it on the Wii even if I have to learn how to download it. this would give me reason to figure all that computer stuff out.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Options
    SPJSPJ BRIGANTINE BEACH Posts: 255
    I heard this too, awhile back... and can't WAIT!!!!!!!
    We have the Wii, and guitar hero world tour, also, we have the rock band 2 disc. The guitar hero world tour instruments work with the rock band 2 disc for the Wii. Not sure that rock band 1 will work with those instruments if you have them. I say this because when I bought the GHWT edition the people at the gamestop and eB games told me that they weren't compatible, but alas, they are...Soo, if you have the guitar hero world tour instruments you can play RB2 without buying the gear, and therefore get the Ten disc and use your guitar hero instruments to play it.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    I wanted an excuse to buy a ps3!!! but now under these economical circunstances i don't know if i should buy it... :(

but i can imagen a pre-party with a "jamming" session that'll be funny! let's see what happens on the next tour!!!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    i heard about this right before christmas and asked for rockband for christmas. so much fun. cant wait for TEN.
    Porch.... muther fucking PORCH

and for the rock band /gh haters. saying it destroys music. anything that gets people excited about music helps. i dont see new kids on the block, britney spear, etc. there are really good songs that i havent listened to in a while, that when i play them i realize ive forgotten how good the lyrics were, or the riffs or something new about it. and they do have a pretty good sense of unknown bands. i really like that gorgeous jagged winter song. never woulda heard it other wise. and yes i know , i should just pick up a guitar and learn to play a real instrument. i am actually well aware i have no musical talent. but hell i'm good at video games and its fun to get lost in the songs. like i will be when i start screaming "ONCE UPON A TIME...." wailing on the guitar, or pounding on the drums....
    maybe i should go buy the special lighting set
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,853
    SPJ wrote:
    We have the Wii, and guitar hero world tour, also, we have the rock band 2 disc. The guitar hero world tour instruments work with the rock band 2 disc for the Wii. Not sure that rock band 1 will work with those instruments if you have them. I say this because when I bought the GHWT edition the people at the gamestop and eB games told me that they weren't compatible, but alas, they are...Soo, if you have the guitar hero world tour instruments you can play RB2 without buying the gear, and therefore get the Ten disc and use your guitar hero instruments to play it.

really?? every place we've asked about this says that they are not compadible...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    i heard about this right before christmas and asked for rockband for christmas. so much fun. cant wait for TEN.

and for the rock band /gh haters. saying it destroys music. anything that gets people excited about music helps. i dont see new kids on the block, britney spear, etc. there are really good songs that i havent listened to in a while, that when i play them i realize ive forgotten how good the lyrics were, or the riffs or something new about it. and they do have a pretty good sense of unknown bands. i really like that gorgeous jagged winter song. never woulda heard it other wise. and yes i know , i should just pick up a guitar and learn to play a real instrument. i am actually well aware i have no musical talent. but hell i'm good at video games and its fun to get lost in the songs. like i will be when i start screaming "ONCE UPON A TIME...." wailing on the guitar, or pounding on the drums....

The haters are just ignorant.

Because of GH & RB, my 8 year old daughter has learned about bands she ordinarily wouldn't have been exposed to in such a 'fun' manner. It's helped her with manual dexterity, coordination and learning rhythm. Because of it she wanted to play a real guitar and has been taking lessons for the last year :) Sure, she still may like Hannah Montana, but her foundation is now fully cemented in rock. 8-)

On a larger scale, bands like BoC, Weezer and pretty much any band on either game are getting more radio play and exposure. Anything that promotes rock amidst all this money-is-everything-bitchez-n-hoes-are-for-guys-to-abuse-and-complete-unoriginality musical atmosphere, I'm 100% all for.

I'm counting down the days until I can download Ten. Woooo!!
  • Options
    SPJSPJ BRIGANTINE BEACH Posts: 255
    a5pj wrote:
    SPJ wrote:

really?? every place we've asked about this says that they are not compadible...
    Yes really, it works, I have the RB2 and have played it with my GHWT guitar, go to YouTube and search for GHWT and RB2 compatibilty there is a video explaining it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zit-3UO3oS8
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,853
    SPJ wrote:
    a5pj wrote:
    SPJ wrote:

Yes really, it works, I have the RB2 and have played it with my GHWT guitar, go to YouTube and search for GHWT and RB2 compatibilty there is a video explaining it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zit-3UO3oS8

awesome, gonna have to check this out later after work. This is really good cuz I know RB2 sells the drums and mike separtley, then a used RB2 and presto, ten here I come :mrgreen:
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Let me preface this by admitting that, yes, I am a dork. :ugeek:

Here's one of my RB2 characters:

n874845452_5556794_9234.jpg
  • Options
    odieodie Posts: 73
    I can't figure out how to download anything on my playstation..I have the GH 2 and 3 and rockband 1 and 2 but I guess I am an idiot I guess I will have to try to find someone tohelp me do this!!! :roll:
    PJ Princess
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    FoxyMop wrote:

The haters are just ignorant.

Because of GH & RB, my 8 year old daughter has learned about bands she ordinarily wouldn't have been exposed to in such a 'fun' manner. It's helped her with manual dexterity, coordination and learning rhythm. Because of it she wanted to play a real guitar and has been taking lessons for the last year :) Sure, she still may like Hannah Montana, but her foundation is now fully cemented in rock. 8-)

On a larger scale, bands like BoC, Weezer and pretty much any band on either game are getting more radio play and exposure. Anything that promotes rock amidst all this money-is-everything-bitchez-n-hoes-are-for-guys-to-abuse-and-complete-unoriginality musical atmosphere, I'm 100% all for.

I'm counting down the days until I can download Ten. Woooo!!
    i agree....the same logic could be applied to any medium of music.

why purchase a cd, when you can just write your own music and record it.

gh has assisted me with my music. i like the song "radium eyes" by count zero.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    If you reserve a deluxe copy of theTen re-issue at Best Buy you get three bonus Rockband tracks:

Brother
    Alive from the Drop in the Park concert
    State of Love and Trust from the Drop in the Park concert

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 3100050006
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    There's also a cool video of the Super Deluxe set showing the notebook, cassette and the rest of the box set.

And a 'What does Pearl Jam mean to you?" video as well.
    Post edited by uglybabo on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    mwilmot4 wrote:
    If you reserve a deluxe copy of theTen re-issue at Best Buy you get three bonus Rockband tracks:

Brother

D'oh! :(

But check out the ShockWave File! :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y3LIXZLW
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    those videos on best buy's site were pretty cool 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mwilmot4 wrote:

Brother

aww man! I'm getting on from 10C as an Xmas present. Hopefully someone will share the codes? :mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    FoxyMop wrote:
    aww man! I'm getting on from 10C as an Xmas present. Hopefully someone will share the codes? :mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

Yes, share those codes! 8-)
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    Just bought Rock Band 2 last week. I love it. My roommates and I cannot stop playing it. I cant wait until they release TEN. There's going to be some major rocking out....
  • Options
    mwilmot4 wrote:

Brother

I hope they are going to do this with in store pickup, or have the same promotion if you buy it in store....because I don't want to wait to get my RB bonus tracks!!