Options

Antiquiet Tweet - "Awesome" PJ News Tomorrow

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,952
    I don't know if I'd call that "awesome" news... but it's kind of decent. This must be PJ approved, hence the Bad Radio flyer on Facebook. I remember hearing a lot of these songs but it was like 15 years ago and they were on a cassette... digital copies, fine by me. I'll check them out tonight.

Eddie Vedder fans… we've got something awesome to share with you tomorrow morning. Not use Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Firecloud wrote:
    Goatboy wrote:
    time to unfollow

way ahead of you. why couldn't they have just posted this yesterday?

We didn't post it yesterday because we were doing our research as we built the piece, cross-referencing old recordings and things we'd seen on Gremmie and various other places. There are at least two recordings we've never seen online before, and were entirely new to us.

The tweet yesterday read: "Hey @PearlJam fans… we've got something awesome to share with you tomorrow morning."

That was me, excited to share this new find. Hell, it's a free download. We're not hoarding anything. The band is clearly between albums. I said nothing of a new album, single, tour announcement or otherwise. Nor did I hint about it. Naturally though, shitty attitudes are quite prevalent when people are faced with being denied their ridiculously irrational expectations. After all, it was just this month that Vedder said the band is "taking their time" on the new album, and they're only halfway done, if that:

http://www.antiquiet.com/studio-reports/2013/01/eddie-vedder-confirms-pearl-jam-is-maybe-halfway-there-with-new-studio-album/

One tweet brings the fire of a thousand bitter suns because it's not a Yankee stadium show announcement or new single? Fuck that. I've been a Pearl Jam fan four times as long as Antiquiet has existed. Had I woken up to this on another site I'd be excited as hell. Please, by all means, unfollow away. I want nothing to do with that level of cynicism.

Extremely well said! :clap:
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    demetrios wrote:
    I don't know if I'd call that "awesome" news... but it's kind of decent. This must be PJ approved, hence the Bad Radio flyer on Facebook. I remember hearing a lot of these songs but it was like 15 years ago and they were on a cassette... digital copies, fine by me. I'll check them out tonight.

Eddie Vedder fans… we've got something awesome to share with you tomorrow morning. Not use Pearl Jam.

Oh come the nitpicking fuck on.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,952
    Firecloud wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

There are many MANY Pearl Jam fan's that don't even care about pre Pearl Jam material. The Mother Love Bone, The Green River, The Bad Radio. There are though many that still collect & enjoy the material. But MANY don't. Just saying when you tweeted Pearl Jam, the Pearl Jam fan's were looking for PJ. Not solo stuff.

Sorry.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing this. Something different to listen to today. "I must be doing pretty good for myself, I'm alive."
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Firecloud wrote:
    Goatboy wrote:
    time to unfollow

way ahead of you. why couldn't they have just posted this yesterday?

We didn't post it yesterday because we were doing our research as we built the piece, cross-referencing old recordings and things we'd seen on Gremmie and various other places. There are at least two recordings we've never seen online before, and were entirely new to us.

The tweet yesterday read: "Hey @PearlJam fans… we've got something awesome to share with you tomorrow morning."

That was me, excited to share this new find. Hell, it's a free download. We're not hoarding anything. The band is clearly between albums. I said nothing of a new album, single, tour announcement or otherwise. Nor did I hint about it. Naturally though, shitty attitudes are quite prevalent when people are faced with being denied their ridiculously irrational expectations. After all, it was just this month that Vedder said the band is "taking their time" on the new album, and they're only halfway done, if that:

http://www.antiquiet.com/studio-reports/2013/01/eddie-vedder-confirms-pearl-jam-is-maybe-halfway-there-with-new-studio-album/

One tweet brings the fire of a thousand bitter suns because it's not a Yankee stadium show announcement or new single? Fuck that. I've been a Pearl Jam fan four times as long as Antiquiet has existed. Had I woken up to this on another site I'd be excited as hell. Please, by all means, unfollow away. I want nothing to do with that level of cynicism.

Woah, dont take it so personally - you've offered up something pretty cool like you say, its just this fanbase is a little keen for new stuff so a little glimmer like that is jumped on. As a PJ fan yourself Im sure you can understand that.....

it was built up into something huge through nothing but peoples willingness to believe anything is possible, and naturally it was disappointing when it wasnt what it was built to be.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    and surely you would have seen this thread brewing, and noticed the 'expectation level'.

the disappointment (through no fault of your own) was only ever going to be a natural occurence.

you must see that.

Its all good. Chill
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Wait, does this mean were not getting the Ole 7" single?
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    RS151862 wrote:
    Wait, does this mean were not getting the Ole 7" single?

Someday we will, someday. ;)

Anyway, I don't think its bad and looking forward to hearing the demos when I get home
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    i think we needed that....i like to see the passion and the excitement at the fans waiting for something... :D
    ill allow the bitching for today.. :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    edited January 2013

Anyway, I don't think its bad and looking forward to hearing the demos when I get home

Exactly. I too can't wait to hear it later. We are all so pumped for new pj we work ourselves and each other into an irrational level of anxious anticipation. I was thinking new pj because if the wording too but I'll never say no to more ev... Just not what I was expecting is all and disappointing bc of that expectation.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    precisely why I'm no fan of "social (fucking) media" :x :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    imalive wrote:
    precisely why I'm no fan of "social (fucking) media" :x :lol:

:lol: I believe someone we all know and love once said, " there's only one commandment, don't fucking twitter, hate that shit"
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Firecloud wrote:

Woah, dont take it so personally - you've offered up something pretty cool like you say, its just this fanbase is a little keen for new stuff so a little glimmer like that is jumped on. As a PJ fan yourself Im sure you can understand that.....

it was built up into something huge through nothing but peoples willingness to believe anything is possible, and naturally it was disappointing when it wasnt what it was built to be.

I think his reaction is completely justified, to be honest.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Oh my :lol::lol::lol: Talk about people jumping the gun ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    Firecloud wrote:

:lol::lol:
    Not sure how I feel about your response but it did make me laugh. I think you teased something and given the movement over the past week with some news regarding Pearl Jam it got our 'irrational expectations' up.
    Guilty as charged here.
    When disappointment is the result of your tease/reveal you go on the offensive with some fire.
    Perhaps you are guilty of the same over-reaction you scorn us for having on this thread?
    We all love the band, thanks for the old EV demos, have a good day and maybe go have a walk or a smoke or something. 'It's OK!'
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Better than a stick in the eye... Think it's cool... #shrug
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Spags wrote:
    Worst Tuesday Ever!

Yeah. Fuck 9/11
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    almost same cool as Frederick Von Über Fan
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    Worst Tuesday Ever!

Yeah. Fuck 9/11
    Oh come on.

Because: A. He really means it B. He remembered the day

I think if you aren't a NY'er you forgot it was a Tuesday.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,945
    Tbh, until he mentioned it I'd forgotten 9/11.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Let us all remember what we DO have in common..... Obviously too much time and not enough new PJ music. Ok, can't we all get along? Sorry to antiquiet, hurt feelings are no fun.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    so many panties in bunches today
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    almost same cool as Frederick Von Über Fan
    :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    OP should update the first post so others don't have to weed thru a bunch of posts to see what the 'big news' is/was...

old demos...downloaded and added to my collection. Thanks!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    so many panties in bunches today
    Pics?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    :lol::lol:
    Not sure how I feel about your response but it did make me laugh. I think you teased something and given the movement over the past week with some news regarding Pearl Jam it got our 'irrational expectations' up.
    Guilty as charged here.
    When disappointment is the result of your tease/reveal you go on the offensive with some fire.
    Perhaps you are guilty of the same over-reaction you scorn us for having on this thread?
    We all love the band, thanks for the old EV demos, have a good day and maybe go have a walk or a smoke or something. 'It's OK!'

Not exactly. The scorn and unfollows based around unfounded expectations and leaps of assumption (given the evidence of the band still working on the album) are ridiculous. I suppose it does qualify as going on the offensive to call out the bratty behavior and shit-talking that drowns out the couple tracks almost nobody has heard (and aren't on Gremmie).

More people should try it, because the internet is drowning in bitter cunts soaking in perpetual scorn. Before this morning, none of us were listening to our own download of Wonderful World or Something Inside So Strong. Many hadn't heard any of the 13 tracks in this quality. But that's not the discussion today. Far beyond any conversation of Ed laughing his way through the former (and that low-end vocal!) or the weird-ass Elton John/Lion King sound of Something Inside, there's this recurring word I keep seeing: "Disappointed".

Fucking crazy.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,089
    Firecloud wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

This guy rules.
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    edited January 2013
    sorry
    Post edited by Spoken on
  • Options
    I for one am very happy with the bootlegs. They sound awesome. This feels like the day Brother was released!
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

This discussion has been closed.