Options

Antiquiet Tweet - "Awesome" PJ News Tomorrow

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    I havn't heard this stuff before, so yea its pretty cool.

Not new pj record or benny re-issue cool, but i like it.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    I for one am very happy with the bootlegs. They sound awesome. This feels like the day Brother was released!

I lost my shit the first time I heard Brother. Couldn't believe it. It was track 10 (bonus) on disc 2 of the Pearl Jam: Ahead bootleg of the 3.5.98 show I bought for like $45 back then.

Actually I still lose my shit when I hear that song. Was there ever an explanation why there aren't any vocals on the Lost Dogs version?
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    I bet it has something to do with Eddie touring with Soundgarden for the rest of their tour starting Friday night in Milwaukee!

One can wish. ;)

DAMN! Oh well... Still pumped for Soundgarden Friday night in Milwaukee!

I would love it if one of these days we could find an old recording of Eddie covering "The greatest love of all" with Mr. Randy Watson. Is that too much to ask for? :D
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    BobbakBobbak Posts: 87
    Don't think any of us expected this...

:roll:
    http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2013/01/e ... 989-demos/

Ok it's not a new album but I will do for now!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Firecloud wrote:
    :lol::lol:
    Not sure how I feel about your response but it did make me laugh. I think you teased something and given the movement over the past week with some news regarding Pearl Jam it got our 'irrational expectations' up.
    Guilty as charged here.
    When disappointment is the result of your tease/reveal you go on the offensive with some fire.
    Perhaps you are guilty of the same over-reaction you scorn us for having on this thread?
    We all love the band, thanks for the old EV demos, have a good day and maybe go have a walk or a smoke or something. 'It's OK!'

Not exactly. The scorn and unfollows based around unfounded expectations and leaps of assumption (given the evidence of the band still working on the album) are ridiculous. I suppose it does qualify as going on the offensive to call out the bratty behavior and shit-talking that drowns out the couple tracks almost nobody has heard (and aren't on Gremmie).

More people should try it, because the internet is drowning in bitter cunts soaking in perpetual scorn. Before this morning, none of us were listening to our own download of Wonderful World or Something Inside So Strong. Many hadn't heard any of the 13 tracks in this quality. But that's not the discussion today. Far beyond any conversation of Ed laughing his way through the former (and that low-end vocal!) or the weird-ass Elton John/Lion King sound of Something Inside, there's this recurring word I keep seeing: "Disappointed".

Fucking crazy.

Again, made me crack up.
    All right -- you fucking hate me and I am a 'bitter cunt.' I can deal with that.
    Have a great day.
    :fp:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Spags wrote:
    Worst Tuesday Ever!

Yeah. Fuck 9/11
    Oh come on.

Because: A. He really means it B. He remembered the day

I think if you aren't a NY'er you forgot it was a Tuesday.
    Definitely... since NY was the only thing affected on 9/11 :lol:

Don't be so self absorbed.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    Firecloud wrote:
    the internet is drowning in bitter cunts soaking in perpetual scorn.

True story.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,513
    Homeless is simply awesome.
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516

Again, made me crack up.
    All right -- you fucking hate me and I am a 'bitter cunt.' I can deal with that.
    Have a great day.

No hate. No grudges. I'm in a great mood. I just don't think it's too much to expect people not to act cunty.
  • Options
    I'm diggin this shit! Raw! I love it!
    back to my cave... :fp:
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Firecloud wrote:

Again, made me crack up.
    Have a great day.

No hate. No grudges. I'm in a great mood. I just don't think it's too much to expect people not to act cunty.

Agree!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    Firecloud wrote:

Again, made me crack up.
    Have a great day.

You should give it a try yourself then.

Going to tease something? Expect to get the thanks from those that like it/care and the crap from those that don't. Either way, don't be an asshole.

Personally, I think it's pretty cool what you guys came up with. Thanks.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    My first tweet ever was @antiquiet after listening to the demos, and so I think I am the bitter "c"???? Again, my apologies, just can't wait for NEW stuff! Backspacer is still in heavy rotation for me.... I will go back to non-tweeting, just a follower.
  • Options
    honestly, the only reason I don't listen to the Bad Radio versions I currently have is because the audio quality is so poor. If these are better, then awesome. Can't wait to get home to DL them.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,580
    Is this even news??? I already had a lot of these songs.... I wish the rumour mill would get some perspective.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I'd say this c**** thread is going to be locked very c***** soon.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    How awesome is Chris' Message? First thing that comes to mind is Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,580
    I'd say this c**** thread is going to be locked very c***** soon.
    c*****? :think: Not sure what you're trying to say, seriously! I've got some guesses, but... :lol:

But yeah, seriously. Wtf is up with this thread and Antiquiet?? :roll: And why are they sharing some answering machine message? So inappropriate. Who's the dick head who got his hands on that and shared it around?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    imalive wrote:
    precisely why I'm no fan of "social (fucking) media" :x :lol:

:lol: I believe someone we all know and love once said, " there's only one commandment, don't fucking twitter, hate that shit"

yes, he did. I was there :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    How awesome is Chris' Message? First thing that comes to mind is Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
    AMAZING

Best part of this.
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Chris' Message is the best hahahahahahaha

find me that bass man :lol::lol::lol:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Closed for review. Review done.

Ok, seems like some got carried away. I hope people have moved past that part now. I'm going to leave this thread closed and suggest that someone can make a new one on this topic. A few need to read the Posting Guidelines again...it's required to be polite to each other here.

Thanks all.
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.