Options

EV signed poster for veterans charity (Arc inspired)

iamwishingyouawelliamwishingyouawell Posts: 121
edited December 2012 in The Porch
UPDATE: POSTERS ARE NOW LIVE ON EBAY

I first want to thank all the kind people I met on my journey to Jacksonville & Orlando. You all made standing in line for these posters much more of a pleasure and memorable experience. Chris, Melissa, Steve(eyecanwalk), Dave, Jose, Graham, to name a few.

After hearing Eddie preface Arc in regards to it originally being a prayer for those that we lost tragically at Rothskilde and that if he performed a one minute loop for those that died in the recent conflicts it would take 29 hours. But what really jarred me was that if he did it for the recent veterans that have committed suicide since returning home it would take 12 days of constant prayer.

Let's do something about that.

I am going to be placing a night one Jacksonville and night two Orlando of the Eddie Vedder signed concert posters (limited to 10 each) on Ebay with all monies going directly to Mental Health Association of New York City, Inc. which directly supports Veterans Crisis Hotline. Many here can confirm the authenticity of these posters including the affable Tom Husman, Eddie's merchandise manager, whom I met both nights and watches Eddie sign the posters before delivering them personally to the tenacious ten. Both posters are pristine and tube stored with clean signatures.

Music at its best inspires. You've done that Eddie. Now let's make Eddie proud and more importantly show our veterans we care by share this and bidding.

Please bump for charity!
Love ain’t love until you give it up
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,062
    Amazing. Thank you!!
    :clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    Cheers to the good deed....
    Will see you on ebay :)
    Love is all you need.....
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    WOW dude very generous! it was cool meeting you in Orlando :)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    Spoke with staff at Ten Club and Ebay links are not normally allowed on the forum, but she assured me she is looking into it in regards to charity. I will keep you all posted.

Please continue to bump. Let's make this top of the forum. That's all I want for Christmas. Thank you fellow jammers.

Shannon (Iamwishingyouawell)
  • Options
    Spoke with staff at Ten Club and Ebay links are not normally allowed on the forum, but she assured me she is looking into it in regards to charity. I will keep you all posted.

Please continue to bump. Let's make this top of the forum. That's all I want for Christmas. Thank you fellow jammers.

Shannon (Iamwishingyouawell)

Oh you're Shannon, now I know for sure who you are, you were always the first in line!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    I'm sorry, Arq, please tell me who you are, so I know. And actutally I only held the honor of first once, night two Orlando.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, Arq, please tell me who you are, so I know. And actutally I only held the honor of first once, night two Orlando.

I'm Jose I was the #2 :lol: at Orlando night 2
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    way to go shannon...very selfless of you...

posters were originally for charity...and you're expanding upon that to be able to give even more...

ed spoke repeatedly throughout this tour about the healing power of music, how it can inspire and even save a person. this is music working at its best through shannon...setting a fine examples for the rest of us!
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Very inspiring Shannon. :D

I've already seen two of these autographed posters on eBay and for your posters to go on the auction block for a good cause is nice to see. I was there too for the signed poster at Jax 1, freezing in shorts and flip-flops....5th in line. Keep up the good work!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    Bump....
    Love is all you need.....
  • Options
    arq wrote:

I'm Jose I was the #2 :lol: at Orlando night 2

Someone beat you there :oops: .................................... :nono:

What happened. Did the alarm not go off at 6 am :fp: .................. :lol:

Shannon, very cool indeed 8-) . I usually volunteer giving adaptive snowboard & ski lessons this week in Breckenridge Co. to the Wounded Warriors. Been do it for the past 5 years. Very disappointed I had to cancel my plans at the last moment. It's the 1 week of the year I always put aside & look forward to. These men & woman have been through a lot & sacrificed much more than most . It's a shame more things aren't done to help them out.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    This is an awesome idea!! Congrats and well done!!

Cheers and be well,
    Brian
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,450
    Hey Shannon, great idea man.
    Had a blast the two nights in Orlando waiting out front for these bad boys.
    I think you should get a few bucks for the cause. Good luck with the sale and hope to see you at some more jams
    Dave.
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    What a generous person you are. I'll certainly throw my hat in the ring and make a couple of bids.. but don't think I'll have enough coin the 'win' it :) ... a meandering bump for the cause ;)
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Amazing gesture! Maybe you can PM those interested the links? I'm gonna do my best to buy one of these!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    Washed wrote:
    Amazing gesture! Maybe you can PM those interested the links? I'm gonna do my best to buy one of these!

I planned on it, Washed. Those that comment or bump I am sending a PM with the link first. Thank you and everyone for the kind words and supporting our veterans. Remember all, when you bid there is no such thing as greed when it is going to a worthy cause.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,062
    Washed wrote:

I planned on it, Washed. Those that comment or bump I am sending a PM with the link first. Thank you and everyone for the kind words and supporting our veterans. Remember all, when you bid there is no such thing as greed when it is going to a worthy cause.

PM me with links please! smilie_flagge13.gif
  • Options
    You bet, Elwayvedder. Just waiting to hear back from 10C. Hoping they will tweet about it to spread the word.
  • Options
    Great cause.......def interested.
  • Options
    very interested especially with payday being tonight at midnight!
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,591
    Great idea! I'll take a look at the posters and put a few bids on them. :D
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    Blinding Idea I hope to place some bids
  • Options
    terrym08terrym08 Posts: 370
    good deed for a good cause... bump! :D
  • Options
    Bump for a great cause! well done!
    "I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as Josh Homme"
  • Options
    VERY NICE IM IN. THESTRANGE THING IS I SAW SEVERAL PEOPLE THAT WERE OT OUT FROT WITH US & THEY HD SIGED POSTERS FROM NIGHT 2 I ASKED HOW THEY GOT THE ALL THE WOULD SAY YOU MISSED OUT & IM SELLING MINE FOR AS MUCH AS I CAN GGET FOR IT SO THERE MIGHT BE EVERAL NIGHT 2 ORLANDOS POPING UP .very sorry to much to re-type .but they were assholes .like the guy selling bootleg shirts at every show just wrong
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,450
    Good morning Bump!
  • Options
    eyecanwalk wrote:
    VERY NICE IM IN. THESTRANGE THING IS I SAW SEVERAL PEOPLE THAT WERE OT OUT FROT WITH US & THEY HD SIGED POSTERS FROM NIGHT 2 I ASKED HOW THEY GOT THE ALL THE WOULD SAY YOU MISSED OUT & IM SELLING MINE FOR AS MUCH AS I CAN GGET FOR IT SO THERE MIGHT BE EVERAL NIGHT 2 ORLANDOS POPING UP .very sorry to much to re-type .but they were assholes .like the guy selling bootleg shirts at every show just wrong

the orlando group was pretty tight. i'd be surprised to see any of the signed orlando posters pop up on ebay ever. so, for those that are interested in getting the gator, this will probably be your only chance. and its for a good cause.
  • Options
    This is an awesome gesture! Bravo :clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:
  • Options
    bumping!
    Kevin frank
  • Options
    sunday bump..