Options

Obama Fundraiser to Include Eddie Vedder, $20,000 Price Tag

mydogmookieblaylockmydogmookieblaylock Posts: 2,996
edited September 2012 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

hookers and blow
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

hookers and blow
    :mrgreen:

Seriously... Get 1000 of us and do a lottery?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,935
    Think this will be broadcasted live on CNN? :corn:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i have that money ..... :) but...... :( .do the take 1$ bills?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Do yourself a favor and go to the article and read some of the comments. :lol:
    . . . the in between is mine.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    demetrios wrote:
    Think this will be broadcasted live on CNN? :corn:

Doubtful. Campaigns from all parties are usually very careful to not let cameras into high-priced fundraisers. All it takes is one drunk, rich donor making an off-color remark that the candidate laughs at to create a news cycle dominating story.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    Well, I'm glad he'll get to see Tampa, but unfortunately I sure don't have the money for something like this. :?

Now if he needed someone to carry his guitar or ukulele, I'd be there! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    https://donate.barackobama.com/page/con ... ber20Tampa

Wanna be the Event Co-Host? It's 75 grand.
    I'm gonna try for that.
    But wait, I'm Canadian.
    D'oh!!! :(
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    https://donate.barackobama.com/page/contribute/o2012-September20Tampa

I'm gonna try for that.
    But wait, I'm Canadian.
    He'll take it...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    If they get 50 paying guests, that's a million dollars. :shock:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

hookers and blow
    :mrgreen:

Seriously... Get 1000 of us and do a lottery?

i wouldn't pay 50 cents
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

I'm gonna try for that.
    But wait, I'm Canadian.
    He'll take it...

Will think about it. First have to email them to see if Ed could do Dirty Frank @ the event. If he can't, I'm not going.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Do we get a discount if we gave Tester $10????
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    shameful!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

I'm gonna try for that.
    But wait, I'm Canadian.

Can Canadians donate? $20,000 American pesos is probably equal to $30 Canadian!! (I kid, I kid!!)
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Oh, shit. If this news makes it's way over to AMT, look out! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    :?

:corn:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    JC29856 wrote:
    shameful!
    Why??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JC29856 wrote:
    shameful!
    Why??

Because a man who was so disgusted by one mass murderer is playing for another?

Don't want no cash
    Don't need no money
    Ain't got no stash
    This note's for you.

Ain't singin' for Pepsi
    Ain't singin' for Coke
    I don't sing for nobody
    Makes me look like a joke

This note's for you.

Ain't singin' for Miller
    Don't sing for Bud
    I won't sing for politicians
    Ain't singin' for Spuds
    This note's for you.

Don't need no cash
    Don't want no money
    Ain't got no stash
    This note's for you.

I've got the real thing
    I got the real thing, baby
    I got the real thing
    Yeah, alright.
  • Options
    gibbits wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JC29856 wrote:
    shameful!
    Why??

Don't want no cash
    Don't need no money
    Ain't got no stash
    This note's for you.

Ain't singin' for Pepsi
    Ain't singin' for Coke
    I don't sing for nobody

This note's for you.

Ain't singin' for Miller
    Don't sing for Bud
    Ain't singin' for Spuds
    This note's for you.

Don't need no cash
    Don't want no money
    Ain't got no stash
    This note's for you.

I've got the real thing
    I got the real thing
    Yeah, alright.
    Okay, whatever. Ed's always done fund raising for the politicians he supports and/or the ones who are competition to the ones he really doesn't want to win. Everyone has a right to show support for the people they intend to vote for. Lucky for me, I agree with Ed politically, so I don't have to feel disgusted. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    gibbits wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    JC29856 wrote:
    shameful!
    Why??

Don't want no cash
    Don't need no money
    Ain't got no stash
    This note's for you.

Ain't singin' for Pepsi
    Ain't singin' for Coke
    I don't sing for nobody

This note's for you.

Ain't singin' for Miller
    Don't sing for Bud
    Ain't singin' for Spuds
    This note's for you.

Don't need no cash
    Don't want no money
    Ain't got no stash
    This note's for you.

I've got the real thing
    I got the real thing
    Yeah, alright.

Sorry, Gibbits, but that's a Neil Young song.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Okay, whatever. Ed's always done fund raising for the politicians he supports and/or the ones who are competition to the ones he really doesn't want to win. Everyone has a right to show support for the people they intend to vote for. Lucky for me, I agree with Ed politically, so I don't have to feel disgusted. :lol:

Don't you see the problem with part two? the lesser of two evils is still an evil. Ed can stand for whatever he wants and that is his right, but it is extremely hypocritical for all the things he called out Bush for when Obama has done nothing but extend them (Patriot Act, PMC in Iraq, Afghanistan, NDAA)
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    Oh, shit. If this news makes it's way over to AMT, look out! :lol:

It's heating up and hasn't even made it to AMT yet! :|

• Options
    gibbits wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Don't you see the problem with part two? the lesser of two evils is still an evil. Ed can stand for whatever he wants and that is his right, but it is extremely hypocritical for all the things he called out Bush for when Obama has done nothing but extend them (Patriot Act, PMC in Iraq, Afghanistan, NDAA)
    Nope, because that is the way of the world. I ALWAYS vote for the best of not great, because that is the only option, since politics are a nasty, cut throat business, and until there is another option, it's better to vote for the better side than not to vote, and better to show support for the one you feel best about supporting. Also, I simply do not agree that Obama is anything like Bush at all. Not AT ALL. So there's that. Obviously Eddie would agree with me.
    PS - there is no such thing as a person who isn't hypocritical.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    gibbits wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Nope, because that is the way of the world. I ALWAYS vote for the best of not great, because that is the only option, since politics are a nasty, cut throat business, and until there is another option, it's better to vote for the better side than not to vote, and better to show support for the one you feel best about supporting. Also, I simply do not agree that Obama is anything like Bush at all. Not AT ALL. So there's that. Obviously Eddie would agree with me.

You realize there are more than two names on the ballot right? And by you remaining the the stance that "you'd only change it if there was another choice..." there is! Just because you invalidate the third party or independent does not make them any less valid a choice. Ask Ed, he supported Nader remember?! Do you know what the NDAA is? Or the fact he extended the Patriot Act which is an affront on the American constitution? He expanded Private contractors in Iraq and The Army in Afghanistan. These are all facts. They are all extremely Hawkish moves. What makes them so different?

As for your hypocrite comment, of course you are right. But to be so indignant about these same policies that have been extended under the Obama administration, it doesn't jive to chalk it up to just changing your mind. Ed was adamantly against the expansionist BS Bush pulled with the American empire and neverending wars, to do a 180 because someone else is in office just doesn't add up. There's a difference between saying you prefer coke and ending up enjoying a pepsi and rallying against policy for eight years then deciding it was okay with someone new in charge.
    Post edited by gibbits on
  • Options
    skanji32 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I'm gonna try for that.
    But wait, I'm Canadian.

Can Canadians donate? $20,000 American pesos is probably equal to $30 Canadian!! (I kid, I kid!!)

Nope, well what it say's in the guidelines rules. But yeah, would politicians ever turn down money coming from outside countries? I doubt it.
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    But Dems are all about the left and the poor and hate corporations too; so it's all good???????
  • Options
    gibbits wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    gibbits wrote:

You realize there are more than two names on the ballot right? And by you remaining the the stance that "you'd only change it if there was another choice..." there is! Just because you invalidate the third party or independent does not make them any less valid a choice. Ask Ed, he supported Nader remember?! Do you know what the NDAA is? Or the fact he extended the Patriot Act which is an affront on the American constitution? He expanded Private contractors in Iraq and The Army in Afghanistan. These are all facts. They are all extremely Hawkish moves. What makes them so different?
    I don't have the same view on those issues, in that I think Obama has been doing the best he possibly can with difficult situations. But yeah, I know there are others on the ballot, but those absolutely wasted votes. Ed learned his lesson from when he supported Nader. He actually called Nader in 2008 and explained to him why he couldn't lend his support anymore, and was sorry, but realizes that his support has to go towards the democrats in order to keep the republicans out of office. I don't think he'll.ever take that risk again if it means that people like Bush or Romney end up winning. And he doesn't hate Obama like you do, so obviously doesn't see it in the same way as you.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I don't have the same view on those issues, in that I think Obama has been doing the best he possibly can with difficult situations. But yeah, I know there are others on the ballot, but those absolutely wasted votes. Ed learned his lesson from when he supported Nader. He actually called Nader in 2008 and explained to him why he couldn't lend his support anymore, and was sorry, but realizes that his support has to go towards the democrats in order to keep the republicans out of office. I don't think he'll.ever take that risk again if it means that people like Bush or Romney end up winning. And he doesn't hate Obama like you do, so obviously doesn't see it in the same way as you.

Did I say I hate Obama? No I did not. As for your argument of keeping the Repubs out of office? If in order to do that you have to continue the republican policies - what the hell is the point?! Calling the third party a wasted vote makes you complicit in "having no better option".

The best Obama could do when it comes to the NDAA is to not sign it and void it by executive order if necessary. You're talking about the right to kill American citizens without trial here ,not rocket science. Same with the extension of the Patriot Act - how is that "doing the best he can"?
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    What a complete fucking joke.
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013