justam wrote:

there's too much negativity around here!! :geek:

*fixed
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    justam wrote:

*fixed

Yeah, I tried to soften the statement by adding the word "sometimes." :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    justam wrote:
    justam wrote:

*fixed

Yeah, I tried to soften the statement by adding the word "sometimes." :?

It's quite the toxic environment. The overall anger reflects poorly on the average PJ fan.
  • Options
    Jeanwah, a lot of good fans I know just don't come here much anymore because the place has gotten to be so negative. :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    justam wrote:
    Jeanwah, a lot of good fans I know just don't come here much anymore because the place has gotten to be so negative. :geek:

I'm soon going to be one of them.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Good for Ed ...
    I hope he enjoys himself and has some good eats too 8-)

hob nobbin with the snob knobs is what we always called it as kids ;)

My old age wisdom brings a different opinion now though,
    I'm sure they are very nice people ...

I have never cared what persausion Ed is, he has my heart hook, line and stinker :D
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    edited September 2012
    justam wrote:
    Besides the fact that the cost for this fundraiser is incredibly high, why are you all so upset about this? Ed has supported candidates for president before!

In fact, PJ supported Obama the first time around. Stone even wrote that silly song. :oops: :P

Sometimes, I think there's too much negativity around here!! :geek:

Negativity? I'm trying to figure out how after eight years of fighting expansionist policies Eddie is now playing for someone who has continued the same things he ranted about at almost every show since 2000! The issues I brought up are the same ones Ed has had beef with, so I don't understand, if anything I guess he brought the negativity first.

Does this mean I won't see PJ again? NO! Does this mean I hate Eddie now? NO! Does this mean I can't figure out why he made such a monumental shift?! YES!

It makes me wonder how much he was genuinely against the wars and patriot act and how much he was just mad a republican was in the big chair. How some people can't see this point, I do not understand. I feel like if you supported Eddie and his views this far you have to be fair and admit this is in stark contrast if you're honest with yourself.

Everything I have been "negative" about are the same things Ed was, so I mean - if you're defending Ed, think about the fact everything I brought up was things he rallied against for eight years.

I have a feeling a lot of the people complaining about this "negativity" were the same ones who were right on board with Eds rants, defending them from people who say "shut up and sing" or "we don't care about your politics". Think about this objectively, and you have to admit this DOES NOT jive with someone vehemently anti war and expansionist.
    Post edited by gibbits on
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    justam wrote:

I'm soon going to be one of them.
    it is a very small group of people == in the rap community they are known as 'haters' --- when you get out in the real world near a Pearl Jam or EV event this is not at all the sentiment of the group as a whole
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    pandora wrote:
    Good for Ed ...
    I hope he enjoys himself and has some good eats too 8-)

hob nobbin with the snob knobs is what we always called it as kids ;)

My old age wisdom brings a different opinion now though,
    I'm sure they are very nice people ...

I have never cared what persausion Ed is, he has my heart hook, line and stinker :D

Agreed! Well said :D
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Jeanwah wrote:
    It's quite the toxic environment. The overall anger reflects poorly on the average PJ fan.
    To answer power with power, the Jedi way this is not. In this war, a danger there is, of losing who we are.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaYfCVE_OsktckG99X5_fLwRgHQkBYH3-WaOrt-TN_xQZ0zust
  • Options
    just wait. mother jones will film the whole thing for us
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,729
    Do yourself a favor and go to the article and read some of the comments. :lol:

This was a good one:

"Eddie Vedder looks like a homeless person and sings worse than a street performer with a tin cup for tips on 6th avenue next to the meth clinic. I hope they hired a good cleaning lady to disinfect the place when he's done "performing"

:lol:
    I guess a 10c member is still upset about the Lumberjack shirt.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    So, the real story here is this:

I need to somehow find a way to get a congressional seat in the very conservative state of Tennessee. After that, I need to make a passionate speech at the Democratic Convention in 2016. Soon after, momentum will build and I can began an exploratory committee about becoming the next president of this wonderful nation.

After a tough road on the campaign trail, I find a way to get elected as the leader of the United States of America. After 4 years of fighting off baseless claims about my birth in KY, I seek to regain another 4 years in office.

Then, in 2024, I reach out to Pearl Jam to play a Fundraiser in my re-election campaign.

And then...and only then, will Pearl Jam consider to play a proper show in the south.

I better get busy.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Do yourself a favor and go to the article and read some of the comments. :lol:

This was a good one:

"Eddie Vedder looks like a homeless person and sings worse than a street performer with a tin cup for tips on 6th avenue next to the meth clinic. I hope they hired a good cleaning lady to disinfect the place when he's done "performing"

:lol:
    I guess a 10c member is still upset about the Lumberjack shirt.
    :lol::lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,755
    Tonight's the night.
    So who's going?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Tonight's the night.
    So who's going?
    I hear this guy is a big fan and may make it ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8gkyn3J51IIlUYvQEwq_C7q2Kz6JKIDqDzpgVmx-pa_s1UIRR
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    demetrios wrote:
    DPrival78 wrote:
    what is he going to play at this thing? nobody there is going to get into any PJ songs.. 'patriot' no longer applies.. nor does 'the times they are a' changin'..

I would say Green Disease followed by Fucking Up. :P I wonder how many songs will Ed get to play at this event. And wonder if any of those rich folks attending this shindig will be able to record Ed's set and share it to the YouTube audience.

On how many songs Ed will play, I guess three or four only. Ben Harper played three at the Obama fundraiser in Stamford. Also, those posts on the Clearwater Patch is some good reading. I am a republican and could care less that Eddie is doing this fundraiser. As I said before I am flying out to MT and actually gave Tester ten bucks. I really don't care about any of their personal beliefs. The one thing I have in common with Eddie is music hence my reason for going to shows and buying his music. I like Tom Brady because he is the quarterback for the Patriots, I have no idea what his political beliefs are and really don't care as I like him for football.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    Considering this event is to help Obama raise a lot of money for his campaign, I think it's good that Ed is helping. I hope they pull in as much cash as possible tonight. :geek:

Let's wish them luck instead of complaining here.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Good luck to them, and I sure wish I could be there! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    chuwochuwo Posts: 43
    Setlist according to AP:

Ken Thomas ‏@AP_Ken_Thomas

Eddie Vedder's 4-song set list at #Obama fundraiser: Rise, Without You, Millworker and Rockin' in the Free World. cc @letkemann
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,361
    edited September 2012
    Gremmie just posted this pic on FB:

http://t.co/2T7P7TpH
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Well I couldn't embed the image within my post as it was more than 480 pixels so here is a link to a picture my friend took from the event tonight.

Love the shine on those shoes Eddie! :D

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 2657_n.jpg

Peace,

RM
  • Options
    Well I couldn't embed the image within my post as it was more than 480 pixels so here is a link to a picture my friend took from the event tonight.

Peace,

RM

Awesome pic, thanks for posting that. Ed looks great in a suit ;) And no tin cup in sight!!
  • Options
    I wondered what that racket was a few houses down!
    UPDATE: "2012, watch it go to fire!"

1996-Ft. Laud/1998-WP Bch/2000-Tpa/2003-Tpa/2004-Kiss/2008-WP Bch/2008-Tampa/2010 Jazz Fest/9/11/11 & 9/12/11 Toronto,/ 9/12/11 Film Fest w/Eddie

9/22 Midtown Fest and Eddie solo 12/3 & 12/4
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,755
    chuwo wrote:
    Setlist according to AP:

Ken Thomas ‏@AP_Ken_Thomas

Eddie Vedder's 4-song set list at #Obama fundraiser: Rise, Without You, Millworker and Rockin' in the Free World. cc @letkemann

5 grand a song. Sweet moses!!!

Crossing fingers someone was able to get some audio & video from the show.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

5 grand a song. Sweet moses!!!
    I will no longer complain about spending $170 for a pair of tickets to his shows anymore. :shock:
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

Peace,

RM
    I thought the same immediately! :lol:
    looking good Mr Vedder...

thanks for the pic :D