Options

Pearl Jam 2012 Bootlegs 24 Bit FLAC & ALAC - HD Formats

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
edited November 2012 in The Porch
http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music ... er-UK.html

ALAC - HD: Higher than CD quality 24 bit audio, playable in iTunes and on iPods, iPhones, iPads and most audio players.

Recorded by John Burton and mixed by Brett Eliason
FLAC-HD and ALAC-HD are 24 bit / 96KHz with no dynamic compression or limiting
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music ... loads.html

MP3's $9.99
    Flac $14.99
    CD $16.98
    AFlac $14.99
    FLAC-HD $19.95
    ALAC-HD $19.95

So many PJ formats.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTn2a9VtT80Hq08ZWK8uhs8kAPBNDUmk4tWDAhDpjF42smR5NuFA7HepXRZzw

Recorded by John Burton and mixed by Brett Eliason
    FLAC-HD and ALAC-HD are 24 bit / 96KHz with no dynamic compression or limiting
  • Options
    simmers33simmers33 Posts: 228
    So D......which one are you going to buy and why?

Go..... :D
    Good evening...
  • Options
    simmers33 wrote:

The CD's, i'm gonna wait till the box set comes out. But for digital download, i'm buy the 24 bit Flac HD. :)

4sPrj.png?1

A Pearl Jam bootlegoholic's dream!!!!! :D
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    demetrios wrote:
    simmers33 wrote:

The CD's, i'm gonna wait till the box set comes out. But for digital download, i'm buy the 24 bit Flac HD. :)

4sPrj.png?1

Wow 2.74 gigs for the bootleg...that will take up a lot of my hard drive....I see an external 1.5 TB drive in my future :D
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    simmers33 wrote:

4sPrj.png?1

Wow 2.74 gigs for the bootleg...that will take up a lot of my hard drive....I see an external 1.5 TB drive in my future :D

Oh yes!! Looks like I need a new Western Digital 2 TB HD to go along with the 10TB PJ Playstation. ;)
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    What does HD in audio do? I was going to download ALAC but should I do ALAC-HD? How to choose!
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    What does HD in audio do? I was going to download ALAC but should I do ALAC-HD? How to choose!
    More expensive = Better.... doesn't it? :)
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    More expensive = Better.... doesn't it? :)

Oh yes!!!

Flac & Alac = DVD audio
    Flac-HD & Alac-HD = Bluray audio

Well, something to that nature.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Flac & Alac = DVD audio
    Flac-HD & Alac-HD = Bluray audio

Well, something to that nature.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTn2a9VtT80Hq08ZWK8uhs8kAPBNDUmk4tWDAhDpjF42smR5NuFA7HepXRZzw
  • Options
    Download complete! Listening now ...

OH .. MY .... GOD!!!!!!! :shock:
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    The hd downloads make a big difference?
  • Options
    knikknik Posts: 94
    smanchac1 wrote:
    The hd downloads make a big difference?
    Oh yes!
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

If you mainly use Apple products go for ALAC (or ALAC-HD), otherwise FLAC (or FLAC-HD).

If you plan on burning the downloaded music to a CD and using the CD to listen to music most of the time, then I suggest you either download FLAC or ALAC.

If you are not going to burn a CD, and instead mainly use your PC to play back the music, then download the FLAC-HD. ALAC-HD if you use Apple stuff (Mac, iPhone, iPod).
  • Options
    knik wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

If you mainly use Apple products go for ALAC (or ALAC-HD), otherwise FLAC (or FLAC-HD).

If you plan on burning the downloaded music to a CD and using the CD to listen to music most of the time, then I suggest you either download FLAC or ALAC.

If you are not going to burn a CD, and instead mainly use your PC to play back the music, then download the FLAC-HD. ALAC-HD if you use Apple stuff (Mac, iPhone, iPod).
    Believe it or not I actually know the difference between FLAC and ALAC (hi-fiving myself)

Can I burn ALAC-HD stuff on a CD if I wanted to? I would listen to it on my iThings mostly, but would love to be able burn them on CDs too.

Thanks!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Not directly to my knowledge because those raw files are too big & don't come in an instantly playable/burnable/listenable format. Paging IT...some wisdom?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    knik wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Is ALAC-HD playable in iTunes?
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    knik wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Believe it or not I actually know the difference between FLAC and ALAC (hi-fiving myself)

Can I burn ALAC-HD stuff on a CD if I wanted to? I would listen to it on my iThings mostly, but would love to be able burn them on CDs too.

Thanks!

Good question!
    I wasn't sure, so I tried burning a CD with the hi-res download, and it works.
    I can play back the CD on a normal CD player fine.

I did not use iTunes for burning the CD, so I'm not sure how iTunes would handle the 24bit to 16bit conversion required for burning the CD, but I think it would be no problem.

The sound quality of the CD won't be as good as playing back the HD file directly though. It will be just normal CD quality (maybe a bit better because the ALAC-HD file that you are trying to burn to the CD is not dynamically compressed like the normal ALAC file).
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    demetrios wrote:

How does it sound compared to Kufala years and compared to 2000/2003 boots?
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:
    knik wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Is ALAC-HD playable in iTunes?

Yes it should be playable if you have a windows PC, and also if you have a Mac.
    In case you have a mac, this is what I found in the following article on http://www.macworld.com/article/1160651/how_to_find_and_play_high_resolution_audio_on_the_mac.html

" Macs can natively support up to 24/96, played through iTunes or other software. However, without a couple settings tweaks, audio files with resolution higher than 16-bit/44.1kHz will automatically be downsampled to that resolution. So the first thing you need to do is set your sound output to 24/96. To do so, open Audio MIDI Setup, found in /Applications/Utilities. Select the desired output on the left, and then change the settings in the Format section on the right to 96000.0 kHz and 2ch-24bit.
    Once you’ve made this change, you can play files at any resolution up to and including 24/96 "

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    knik wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    knik wrote:

Thanks!

Good question!

I did not use iTunes for burning the CD, so I'm not sure how iTunes would handle the 24bit to 16bit conversion required for burning the CD, but I think it would be no problem.

The sound quality of the CD won't be as good as playing back the HD file directly though. It will be just normal CD quality (maybe a bit better because the ALAC-HD file that you are trying to burn to the CD is not dynamically compressed like the normal ALAC file).
    Hmm, I'm beginning to think I'm probably one of those people where ALAC-HD won't sound too different from ALAC and I know how to handle ALAC format so maybe I should just stick to those. I will sleep on it for now.

Thanks for the help! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

IMO, it's so much better. I'm listening to the 24 bit flacs on my PS3 Media Server.
    It's just so good!!
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,483
    knik wrote:
    Good question!

I'm curious what program you used to burn the CD? The reason I ask is that some sort of dithering/downsampling must have occurred to get the files to be 16 bit. I hope that the program you used didn't just truncate the audio, because that would lead to errors. I can't imagine a program doing dithering/downsampling on the fly while burning, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    demetrios wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

IMO, it's so much better. I'm listening to the 24 bit flacs on my PS3 Media Server.
    It's just so good!!

Thanks! That's good to know :) .
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    NoLogoNoLogo Posts: 289
    Just a short question: If you order the CDs, is the digital download included? Or do you have to wait with listening til you get the CDs per mail?
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    NoLogo wrote:
    Just a short question: If you order the CDs, is the digital download included? Or do you have to wait with listening til you get the CDs per mail?

You just get the cds.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    NoLogo wrote:

You just get the cds.

Yep, just the CD's.

But if they did release Pearl Jam Official Audio Bootlegs in Vinyl format, we would get digital downloads for them.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    demetrios wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    NoLogo wrote:

You just get the cds.

Yep, just the CD's.

But if they did release Pearl Jam Official Audio Bootlegs in Vinyl format, we would get digital downloads for them.

Bootlegs on vinyl would be crazy insane!!! Imagine them releasing all of 2000 for example on vinyl :lol::lol::lol:
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    You just get the cds.

Yep, just the CD's.

Bootlegs on vinyl would be crazy insane!!! Imagine them releasing all of 2000 for example on vinyl :lol::lol::lol:

That would be awesome! Awesome to the max!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    2000 tour on vinyl would be amazing!
  • Options
    Havent bought it yet, but this "live downloads" website is cool. If its the "HD" format that you can sample each song on, it sounds like the best sounding boots yet...