Options

*4/13 Phoenix Get Better Eddie Vedder AZ Camp Sunrise Party*

NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
edited May 2012 in The Porch
EVticket5.jpg
I will be updating here and at the Facebook event page
http://www.facebook.com/events/101479396646385/.

We can always use volunteers and if you have anything to donate you can pm me or email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:naujackfan@yahoo.com">naujackfan@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->
We could use help in:
    soliciting donations (official PJ/EV merch and local business stuff and gift cards) getting the word out (making sure we get people @ the event with $ ready to spend) manning a station @ the event (just helping in some way @ the event)

ORGANIZER: Marc (NAUjackfan)

Volunteers:
    Angelo (Chicagone) Shayna (NAUjackfan's wife) Ben (djklambake) Joanne (bgirl59) Dave (davet7462) Sandra (Hunger Strike) Lyn (AnotherTourPlease) Tim (AZPJFan)

Date: Friday April 13th (Yep...Friday the 13th)

Where:
Crescent Ballroom
308 N 2nd Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85003
http://www.crescentphx.com

Map: http://g.co/maps/6kvhr It's only a 7 minute walk to the show!

Fundraiser Times: I hope to be there around 1PM to set up, so come anytime!

Raffle and silent to live auction: 5:30ish we'll start the live auction, raffle to follow immediately

Ticket & Concert Times: will add this info as soon as I know it.
* Doors will open at
* Box office at Comerica Theater
* Ticket distribution will end approximately at

Beneficiary:
The American Cancer Society's Camp Sunrise and Sidekicks (camp for cancer survivor kids and their siblings). http://www.azcampsunrise.org/

Fundraiser (Auction and Raffle) Items:
We need donations!
    Chicagone-
posters
NAUjackfan-Immagine in Cornice DVD, PJ20 bluray (not deluxe)
AZPJFan-One Bottle of Faithfull Ale
dwhite76-posters
AnotherTourPlease-No Code vinyl, EV edition of Fretboard Journal, a couple PJ CD singles *received*
Paysonites-(looking for items)
sheri zona-(looking for items)
tmolly- Face rejuvenation products
TunnelThroughDenial- PJ20 Hampton poster
PJForceofNature- The Fixer shirt *received*
dalesteraz PJ 2000 Notebook and 2002 Holiday Single *received*

Raffle Ticket Donations:
5 tickets for $10
15 tickets for $25

Raffle/Auction Donations Needed!
If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool PJ related stuff you'd like to donate, please send a PM with what the item(s) is/are and bring it with you to the pre-pre-party. There we will collect your name & info so we can provide you with a tax receipt. No bootleg items, please.
We pretty much will accept anything!
Gift certificates are nice, too.

RSVPs:

Pre-Party: April 13th
    Chicagone Angelo NAUjackfan Marc AZPJFan Tim bgirl59 Joanne G-Fury TunnelThroughDenial (plays the uke) footstefs bosshogg18 Brian dwhite76 Don AnotherTourPlease Lyn AzWicker Brian paysonites John and Shawna azcardsfan78 Hunger Strike Sandra kj1nyr KJ Hard2IMAGINE2007VIC Ray davet7462 djklambake Ben Champaign breakfast for everyone toro1998 sheri zona GoodbyeForNow

After-Party: April 13th (Crescent Ballroom Lounge)

Hotel:
Here's a map link with hotels near the venue and pre-party http://g.co/maps/6hgz4.

Comerica Theater (EV concert) is on 4th Ave and Washington and Crescent Ballroom (pre-party) is on 3rd Ave just North of Van Buren. Any of the hotels between 3rd St and Central that you see in that area would be OK. I would not recommend anything West of the venue, though. Further West and you run into the hotels that either charge by week or by hour :oops: .

Street parking in downtown Phoenix is metered until 5PM. Most meters still say 8PM, but it was recently changed and the new stickers haven't been rolled out yet. There are a bunch of parking lots that charge by the day (self serve kind of lots) nearby. With no Suns or Diamondbacks games at home that night, parking should be abundant in all but the spaces closest to Comerica.

Post your RSVP here! Hope to see lots of you there!
Check this 1st post, which will stay updated.

event.png
tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
EV
Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
TOTD
LA 16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Let's do this.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    Hoping to get tix!
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    I'm hoping to make it out for this as well. Can't wait...this will be my first time to see Eddie solo!
    07-08-1998 Phoenix
    10-21-2000 Phoenix
    09-04-2011 East Troy 2
    11-04-2012 Phoenix (EV)
    07-19-2013 Wrigley Field
    11-19-2013 Phoenix
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    WAHOOOO! Thanks for the email, NAUjackfan!! I would love to volunteer! I have stuff to donateif you'll accept PJ stuff- keep me updated- I cannot wait!! Seeing Ed in my own state seems like a dream, too exciting to talk about this early...I'm getting chills just thinking about the chills he's going to give Phoenix in April!!

Thanks again - keep in touch

:wave: :wave:
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    If we are in a good place we"ll be coming and would love to help out. We'll let you know. :D:D
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Thanks for this Marc. I think I can scrounge up some tasty donations.

Yay!! Someone from the band is FINALLY coming to Phoenix!!! :clap: :crazy: :clap:
  • Options
    i cant make it but i will try to send some folks your way
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    Happy Sunday Phoenix Fans!! This is sooo exciting!!
    Crossing my fingers and toes that everyone here gets tickets tomorrow!! GOOD LUCK PHOENIX FANS!!
    (PS) I am looking for the sweet couple from Phoenix that were seated next to me at the EV Maui show in April 2009- if you are reading this - Aloha!! Can't wait to see you in April! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Good Luck, see you tomorrow!! :thumbup: :-P
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    I have some stuff I can donate, I'll get it all together this week. Can't wait for this show :)
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    AZPJFanAZPJFan Wisconsin Posts: 17
    I'm in. Let me know how I can help.

Tim
  • Options
    Need more help? Let me know. I'll be back in Phoenix the first week of April. Can't wait!
  • Options
    I'm in and there should be six of us total.
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Options
    GoodbyeForNowGoodbyeForNow Vancouver Posts: 120
    :o:o Threw my name in for Vegas and Phoenix and got tickets to Phoenix!! So excited. We'll be flying from Vancouver and have never been to Phoenix before so looking forward to seeing the trip. Any advise on where to stay (close to the venue if possible) would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you. :)
    Vancouver, GM Place 2005
    Vancouver, GM Place 2009
    Seattle, EV Solo, Benaroya Hall 2011
    Winnipeg, MTS Center, 2011
    Manchester, June 2012
    Phoenix, EV Solo, Comerica Theatre 2012
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    :o:o Threw my name in for Vegas and Phoenix and got tickets to Phoenix!! So excited. We'll be flying from Vancouver and have never been to Phoenix before so looking forward to seeing the trip. Any advise on where to stay (close to the venue if possible) would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you. :)

There's a westin right around the block from the theatre, not much to do there though. Tempe/Scottsdale has more nightlife but it's a cab ride or you could stay somewhere the light rail goes to. I live up in the mountains so I'm thinking of just staying down there myself. It's easier than driving all the way back up in the middle of the night (although there are a few good EV songs that would make for an excellent soundtrack on the way home).
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options

Funny... I flew up from PHX to see Pearl Jam in Vancouver last year. You Canadians are really hospitable! Hope we Phoenicians return the favor!

PHX is kind of a sleepy downtown... Sheri is right... Not a whole lot to do unless there's a big event like a basketball game going on... The Suns are playing away games all that week...

I usually recommend the Sheraton if you're going to be downtown... It's close to the venue... Reasonable rates - and their staff tries very hard to make you feel comfortable. Really, anywhere around the convention center is gonna be decent, whether it's the Hyatt, Westin or Renaissance.

Otherwise, if you can splurge a little on where you wanna stay and make the most of your visit, rent a car and stay at one of the resorts. The Biltmore, the Phoenician, Talking Stick, etc... Check 'em out.

Safe travels! See you when you get here!!! Hope you have a blast!!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
  • Options

I agree with Sheri zona that Tempe / Scottsdale is the place to stay. Downtown Phx is all daytime businesses with little nightlife (except for Phoenix Suns basketball games.) Tempe Royal Palms is a great hotel next to the light rail, which will take you right downtown to the venue. No affiliation, but I've stayed there. It's near the university, so there's lots of bars & restaurants in the area.

If you rent a car and can schedule an extra day try to make a trip up to Sedona / Jerome. Great areas to visit, very scenic and lots to see & do. Grand Canyon is more than a day trip (up & back), but also something to think about.

Hope you have a fantastic trip. See you at the pre-party and the concert!
    P.S. I saw PJ in Toronto last September. Canadians were the nicest people anywhere!
  • Options
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    We could use help in:
      soliciting donations (official PJ/EV merch and local business stuff and gift cards) getting the word out (making sure we get people @ the event with $ ready to spend) manning a station @ the event (just helping in some way @ the event)

ORGANIZER: Marc (NAUjackfan)

Volunteers:
      Angelo (Chicagone) Shayna (NAUjackfan's wife) Ben (djklambake) bgirl59 Dave (davet7462) Hunger Strike Lyn (AnotherTourPlease)

Date: Friday April 13th (Yep...Friday the 13th)

Where: Contacting places in downtown Phoenix and should have a venue set in the next couple weeks. It should be walking distance (under a mile) from Comerica)

Wishlist Fundraiser Times: I hope to be there around 1PM to set up, so come anytime!

Raffle and silent to live auction: 5:30ish we'll start the live auction, raffle to follow immediately

I added myself to the list of volunteers, Marc. And I have a pretty cool auction item to donate :D
  • Options
    Wife and I are in. Will try to lend our time if posible. Will be in touch throughout the comming weeks.
  • Options
    I should have the edits up to date on the first post. Thanks to all who have gotten the word out. Keep bringing more in the loop!

Post here to be added to any of the lists.

I visited a few venues yesterday and should have one nailed down in the next week.

Marc

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    The Facebook page is up!
    Please invite whomever may be interested in going.
    http://www.facebook.com/events/101479396646385/

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    I'm LOL cause I flew from Phoenix up to Vancouver too last year for the show. My husband's first time in Vancouver, he LOVED it!

Welcome neighbors! We're gonna have a GREAT time!

Peace,
    KJ
  • Options
    btw, anyone got any insider info on where the seats might be for the Phoenix show? I'm sorely tempted to try for another pair of tix in the public on sale today, just to ensure I'm not up in the balcony. I can't really afford it but we haven't had a show in 9 years and yes, I'm one of those spoiled peeps with the low 10C number.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited February 2012
    I'm in for the Phoenix Preparty...

Got my ticket from the public sale today!!

Section 4 / Row 23 or 25 (can't remember which row :lol: ) / Seat 3

See you on FRIDAY THE 13th :ugeek:
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    [

If you rent a car and can schedule an extra day try to make a trip up to Sedona / Jerome. Great areas to visit, very scenic and lots to see & do. Grand Canyon is more than a day trip (up & back), but also something to think about.

Hope you have a fantastic trip. See you at the pre-party and the concert!
    P.S. I saw PJ in Toronto last September. Canadians were the nicest people anywhere!

Great call, we are planning a trip up to Jerome probably for an overnight while out there in April. I was there in November, and didn't realize places like that still exist in the world, what an incredible town.

And I second the PS sentiment, I went to Montreal in September, and wore my Bruins cap to the show @ The Bell Centre, and I got 99% congratulations on the SC victory - great people up there!

I will be back in touch if I can A) make the pre-party and B) donate anything to the cause.

Can't wait for April!!!!
  • Options
    angiebabyazangiebabyaz Tucson, AZ Posts: 148
    edited March 2012
    Post edited by angiebabyaz on
    Phoenix 1992
    San Francisco OSL 2009
    New York City MSG 1&2 2010
    EV Santa Barbara 2011
    Alpine Valley 2011
    Philadelphia, Missoula 2012
    EV Las Vegas 1 & 2, Phoenix 2012
    Chicago, Brooklyn, Dallas, OKC, Phoenix, Seattle 2013
    Memphis, Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver, Bridge School 2014
    Porto Alegre, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro 2015
    Jazz Fest, MSG II, RIDE Fest, Fenway, Wrigley, Ohana 2016
  • Options
    The site is set!
    Coach and Willie's http://coachandwillies.com/cw2011/index.html
    412 S 3rd St, Phoenix, AZ 85004 map http://g.co/maps/puatw

PJ
    EV
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    The site is set!
    Coach and Willie's http://coachandwillies.com/cw2011/index.html
    412 S 3rd St, Phoenix, AZ 85004 map http://g.co/maps/puatw

SWEET!!!!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    glorifiedmeglorifiedme indiana Posts: 85
    I'm in for the pre-party +1... Coming all the way from Indiana! And it's my fiance's first pj/ev show EVER. (I'm breaking him in well. :lol: ) :mrgreen:
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today...

6/27/1998, 10/08/2000, 5/16/2006, 6/29/2006, 8/23/2009, 8/24/2009, 5/07/2010,(EV)-6/29/11, (EV)-7/01/11, (PJ20)-9/3/11, (PJ20)-9/4/11....
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    Hotel:
    If someone wants to try Priceline or Hotwire and gets a good deal let us know and we'll post here.

I've been checking Hotwire for hotels and need a bit of advice...
    I'm seeing a BUNCH of pretty good deals on rooms in the Sky Harbor Airport & Metro Center - Phoenix North - Deer Valley areas of town.

I'm doing the 2 Vegas shows and then driving down to Phoenix Friday morning, so I'll have a rental car.
    Not concerned about having to drive a little bit to get to the venue, just want to stay somewhere that's not too expensive but also in a decent part of town.
    I typically avoid downtown hotels...they are usually overpriced and difficult to find parking without paying an arm & leg...with that being said - which parts of Phoenix are better for a visitor to stay??
    I'm planning on hitting the Pre-party too!!!
    Thanks for any assistance!! :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave wrote:
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    Hotel:
    If someone wants to try Priceline or Hotwire and gets a good deal let us know and we'll post here.

I've been checking Hotwire for hotels and need a bit of advice...
    I'm seeing a BUNCH of pretty good deals on rooms in the Sky Harbor Airport & Metro Center - Phoenix North - Deer Valley areas of town.

I'm doing the 2 Vegas shows and then driving down to Phoenix Friday morning, so I'll have a rental car.
    Not concerned about having to drive a little bit to get to the venue, just want to stay somewhere that's not too expensive but also in a decent part of town.
    I typically avoid downtown hotels...they are usually overpriced and difficult to find parking without paying an arm & leg...with that being said - which parts of Phoenix are better for a visitor to stay??
    I'm planning on hitting the Pre-party too!!!
    Thanks for any assistance!! :ugeek:

Sent you a PM.