Options

Ticketing Issues (Use this thread only)

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
edited December 2011 in The Porch
Thread #2 of this discussion is at: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=178855

This is the thread for discussion of ticketing issues. It will help to have the discussion in one place so your comments can be seen. Any other similar threads started on this issue will be closed with a direction to this thread.

The discussion can include opinions, suggestions experiences and concerns. It cannot include abusive or hateful comments directed at the band, the Ten Club, each other or anyone else. Please keep the discussion on the high road.

Any post that does not follow the Posting Guidelines at the top of the page will be moderated in the normal way so be careful to not let your comments go over the line. It's best to refrain from posting until it can be done with a cool head. It's not easy to keep your cool in times of frustration but the Posting Guidelines are still in effect. Thank you for understanding.

Here is a link to the Ten Club Feedback page if you would prefer to use that:
http://www.pearljam.com/feedback
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I would like some tickets...

Thank You.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    I really wish the Ten Club would follow the ticket distribution model followed by the Dave Matthews Band. Give fan club members a week to request tickets. Randomly select among those who requested to get the tickets.

Servers don't crash. People don't need to access a web site at a specific time. No need to spend an hour of more refreshing screens. No shopping cart problems. No stress.

Ten Club - please consider this model. It works!
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Thanks Kat.

I think an idea of what's happening next with the pre-sale is all we want right now. And maybe an explanation from 10C/CrowdSurge why the fiasco yesterday happened.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,255
    boyo79 wrote:
    Thanks Kat.

I think an idea of what's happening next with the pre-sale is all we want right now. And maybe an explanation from 10C/CrowdSurge why the fiasco yesterday happened.

And maybe an apology would be in order too, as I havent actually seen one yet? Cheers!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Thanks 10c for trying. I get that 10c is not crowdsurge. You guys must be PISSED.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    Might as well go ahead and make this a permanent sticky, Kat :?
  • Options
    Pry ToPry To Posts: 285
    I think the one thing most people want at this point is information, some word from 10C or management as to what's going on. There have already been presales for some venues and scalped tickets for these shows are already all over the web. This is before the fan presale, which strikes me as far from the spirit with which all of this is supposed to work. Why have we heard nothing from any of you about this nearly 22 hours after the bungled presale began? A simple update is not too much to ask for.
    Los Angeles - Sep 11, 1992
    Memphis - Aug 15, 2000
    Chicago - May 16, 2006
    Chicago - Aug 23-24, 2009
    Columbus - May 6, 2010
    Noblesville - May 7, 2010
    Manchester - June 20-21, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 26-27, 2012
    Berlin - July 4-5, 2012
  • Options
    Thanks 10c for trying. I get that 10c is not crowdsurge. You guys must be PISSED.

Although, keeping everyone wondering about what is being done about it isn't fair. People do schedule time off for these pre-sales.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    Can everyone at least wait to light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks? What happens if the glitch is fixed and everyone gets tickets? I'd like to see how this all plays out. Usually everyone gets what they want in the long run...
  • Options
    foursymbolsfoursymbols Dublin Posts: 527
    Simples, more communication from TenClub, tell us what's happening!! This is a major factor in peoples anger :x
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • Options
    yoyoyoyo France Posts: 310
    edited December 2011
    yes, one post !!! thx ...

just 2 questions ...

1.when will come the annonce or the next sale.
    2.please corriged the problem "your cart is empty" ... therefore I had my 4 shows many times on my cart !!!! ...if it wil not ... I'm will be fucked ... again !!!!

PLLLLLEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEE !!!!!!
    Post edited by yoyo on
    1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884

Although, keeping everyone wondering about what is being done about it isn't fair. People do schedule time off for these pre-sales.

I quick note from Tim would be all that is needed, I'm sure everyone is working on it, and he can't respond to every question, but all he needs to do is take 5 minutes and give a quick update and apology.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    No communication at all. Needs to be resolved. If you let people know whats going on they don't get as angry.

People waiting from 5 yesterday till the middle of the night - no information.

People waiting all day again today - no information still. :roll: :o :oops: :twisted:
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    I really wish the Ten Club would follow the ticket distribution model followed by the Dave Matthews Band. Give fan club members a week to request tickets. Randomly select among those who requested to get the tickets.

Servers don't crash. People don't need to access a web site at a specific time. No need to spend an hour of more refreshing screens. No shopping cart problems. No stress.

+1 I think this is the only fair way for ALL 10club members to have a chance. And I'm saying this even though it will probably hurt my chances at getting tickets but isn't the philosophy of the band and the fan club is that we're all equal? This would give people who can't be on a computer during the presale a shot at tickets and also not waste everybody's time hitting F5 all day. I'd rather see an online version of the "index card" type system put in place and also limit the number of shows people can buy tickets to. Still not an ideal solution but I think it's better than the current one.

My guess is they're going to go with Ticketmaster password presales.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    this is turning out worst than PJ20. didn't think that was possible.

hang in there Euro buddies.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i'll vent for a second...

9 shows since 2003. 0-9 with 10C, 9-9 with ticketmaster. i understand ticketmater releases more tickets than 10C does during the presale, but clearly the reason why many of us fail during the presale is because the server is third world and the site is shit. please go back to postcards & money orders!

everytime i watch PJ20 now, i just LAUGH at the ticketmaster scenes. who would have thought that in 1996 the day would come in which we are all flaming, cursing off the 10C and praising ticketmaster?

i really wonder if the band knows what we have to go through to get tickets. isn't ed the president of the who's fan club? does he still give a shit about these kind of things?
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    Did anyone try using the refresh button?

;)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Here's how 10c can make it up to all of us...

PJ20 Alpine Valley Both Nights All Bands/performances - on Vinyl.
    Enough made for EVERY 10c member.

Maybe another few Deluxe Blu-rays? This shouldn't be too difficult.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    dougfloyd wrote:

+1 I think this is the only fair way for ALL 10club members to have a chance. And I'm saying this even though it will probably hurt my chances at getting tickets but isn't the philosophy of the band and the fan club is that we're all equal? This would give people who can't be on a computer during the presale a shot at tickets and also not waste everybody's time hitting F5 all day. I'd rather see an online version of the "index card" type system put in place and also limit the number of shows people can buy tickets to. Still not an ideal solution but I think it's better than the current one.

It won't work like you think, everyone would complain about something different. Instead, everyone that did not get MSG lottery tickets would cry that the lottery sucks or is fixed.

Everyone always conveniently forgets the crying and web crashes were only with high demand shows. I'm not denying that this sucks, but that is the truth. NYC, Boston, and Philly will always be like that.

I don't recall any threads last year about not getting tickets to Cleveland or Washington DC. Or the site crashing for them. Or Salt Lake in 09. Or Tampa in 08. Just examples.

They listened about the servers. They tried to move to the ticketing to the Amazon cloud server and it did not work for some techincal reason. They tried to use a ticket agency that obviously sold them that they could handle the traffic and it did not. I'm sure they won't use crowdsurge again. Ticketmaster may be the solution.

No matter what, there is no way to please everyone.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    HORRIBLE SYSTEM...... AND WE GET NO INFO FROM THE 10C ..VERY SAD
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    What's happening??

No explanation, no apology, no news and most frustratingly NO TICKETS!

Can we all have at least an update PLEASE??
    Reading Festival - Aug 27, 2006 ** Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007 **Shepherd's Bush Empire - Aug 11, 2009 ** Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009 ** O2 Arena London - Aug 18, 2009 ** The O2 Dublin - Jun 22, 2010 ** Hyde Park London - Jun 25, 2010 ** Heineken Jammin' Festival Venice - Jul 06, 2010 ** Manchester Arena - June 20th, 2012 ** Manchester Arena - June 21st, 2012 ** Berlin 02 World - July 5th, 2012 ** Leeds First Direct Arena - July 8th, 2014 ** Milton Keynes Bowl - July 11th, 2014 ** London O2 Arena - July 18th, 2018
  • Options
    Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    SO THIS TOPIC WAS OPEN FOR WHAT...?????
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    81 wrote:

i wouldn't say that... people haven't wasted 6+ hours trying for tix

shit i tried for 7 hours for MSG tix

i agree it's bad... but compared to old it's not bad

but... since crowd surge was supposed to be an improvement... it's bad in multiple ways
  • Options
    Hairy DaneHairy Dane Denmark Posts: 205
    First of all it's nice to see some official feedback. The only suggestion or idea I have/had is this: If it is official Ten Club people who update and maintain the Pearl Jam facebook page (or twitter or myspace or google plus and so on) it would have been nice to get an update on the situation that way. Because the Crowdsurge page wasn't that informatative, and here wasn't any better.
    I know I contributed as well with a rant, and it was benificial in a carthatic way.
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
  • Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    with all due respect, Kat, such disclaimer/reminder of posting rules and "keeping things on a high road" and appropriate behaviour is somewhat ironic after such failure and lack of communication on 10C side.

one thing we can all envy 10C - at least they are making VERY sure to post with cool heads:) if they do post anything at all:)
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Sure is.

Pretty sure I remember *people* saying this would never happen again... :?

I said it once and I'll say it again...crowdsurge had NO CLUE what they were in for demand wise (they have a whole 4K likes on Facebook!!) . So out of their league....

Best of luck to all Euro dudes and dudettes...feel terrible for you.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    dougfloyd wrote:

It won't work like you think, everyone would complain about something different. Instead, everyone that did not get MSG lottery tickets would cry that the lottery sucks or is fixed.

Everyone always conveniently forgets the crying and web crashes were only with high demand shows. I'm not denying that this sucks, but that is the truth. NYC, Boston, and Philly will always be like that.

I don't recall any threads last year about not getting tickets to Cleveland or Washington DC. Or the site crashing for them. Or Salt Lake in 09. Or Tampa in 08. Just examples.

They listened about the servers. They tried to move to the ticketing to the Amazon cloud server and it did not work for some techincal reason. They tried to use a ticket agency that obviously sold them that they could handle the traffic and it did not. I'm sure they won't use crowdsurge again. Ticketmaster may be the solution.

No matter what, there is no way to please everyone.

Yep, I agree, no system is ever going to please everyone or stop the bitching. There just aren't enough tickets for everyone to get them for every show they want to go to. I just think a lottery is a better option, imo. I'm curious to hear what other people would like to see happen. I know today is a day for bitching, which I totally understand, but I'd love to hear some possible solutions. What are other bands fan clubs doing that people like?
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Bigda wrote:
    with all due respect, Kat, such disclaimer/reminder of posting rules and "keeping things on a high road" and appropriate behaviour is somewhat ironic after such failure and lack of communication on 10C side.
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner!!!!!
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,556
    Had tickets in cart for Amsterdam show like alot of other people - even got a screenshot to prove it!

Got kicked out 3 times!

Please give the chance to get again!

Thanks 10c!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
This discussion has been closed.