Options

Pearl Jam at the Glass Bowl

8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
edited July 2013 in The Porch
You've played Savage Hall on your anti ticketmaster crusade
You've played the Sports Areana on your anti Bush crusade

now it's time to play the Glass Bowl on your anti bitching about every friggen thing on the forum crusade.

i look forward to the tailgate.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But seriously,

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    171505.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Go Rockets!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    maybe they could open up the dorms for us to crash in....

how fun would that be.... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DE483DE483 Posts: 428
    Hell Yes! UT Class of 2000.
  • Options
    DE483 wrote:
    Hell Yes! UT Class of 2000.

fuck yeah

put a round stage right at the 50 yard line....maybe a turntable style that turns a 1/4 turn every couple of songs. make it general admission.

alumni get front row

off that charts
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I attended their show at Savage Hall. It was awesome...back when PJ came out with No Code !

- Uncle Snuffy
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Great idea !

I would "settle" for a show at the new Huntington Center also.

Maybe if we all say please, they would play at The Distillery.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    jason_94 wrote:
    Maybe if we all say please, they would play at The Distillery.

:lol:

i saw a few cover bands there back in the day...

i'll have think about this and see if i can remember who they were. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    the power of google...

Velvet Jones

http://www.gigmasters.com/Cover-Band/Velvet-Jones/

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    they are going to kick off the 2012 tour here.

mark it down.

:D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i'll be donating my white backspacer to the wishlish fund raiser at the glass bowl...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

will you have alcoholic whipped cream at said tailgate?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

i guess it's must have at all future pj tailgates...i'm bring some...but i'm not dishing...that was a ototo thing :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    They could play the glass house. Nice small venue..lots of fans would be without tickets! it would be perfect

http://www.theglasshouse.us/
    Gorge
  • Options
    PNuttyJamPNuttyJam Posts: 837
    I attended their show at Savage Hall. It was awesome...back when PJ came out with No Code !
    - Uncle Snuffy
    Ditto. Great show.
    81 wrote:
    You've played Savage Hall on your anti ticketmaster crusade
    You've played the Sports Areana on your anti Bush crusade
    now it's time to play the Glass Bowl on your anti bitching about every friggen thing on the forum crusade.
    Also - I'd total hit that glass bowl. Errrr. Attend a concert at the Glass Bowl.
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

i guess it's must have at all future pj tailgates...i'm bring some...but i'm not dishing...that was a ototo thing :lol:

grilled pigeons
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    grilled pigeons

and Milton...gotta have a Milton or two.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    grilled pigeons

yes. I will bring the canopy again
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    grilled pigeons

that was yours?

i'm buying one like that. the whole piece together thing is for the birds.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

that was yours?

i'm buying one like that. the whole piece together thing is for the birds.

yes, that thing is great. easy up and down. just be sure to get one that is big enough, at least 10 x 10
  • Options
    no doubt about going big....

i was looking at them the other day at sports authority. biggest was 10x10. so many to choose from, and they all looked pretty much the same.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mine is 8x8, just not enough coverage. when using it to block the sun, you have to keep moving chairs to keep in the shade. I have seen 12x12. they also come with panels that attach to make walls. They are a good investment.
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    edited August 2012
    Post edited by Stardog3.. on
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    mine is 8x8, just not enough coverage. when using it to block the sun, you have to keep moving chairs to keep in the shade. I have seen 12x12. they also come with panels that attach to make walls. They are a good investment.

we have a 10x10 came with a wall for one side

the first one we bought had a bunch of holes in the top, so we took it back to Wally World...forgot to stuff the screen in the bag... "oops". We bought a second one, and now we have 2 walls. 8-) Also has the nice buttons so you don't pinch your fingers taking it down. Heavy as heck but works awesome in the rain. (it came with the bug screen too)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDhc0fN-AncmGHaDVc_M7cXXUArKDRbH55UlFaQ8zXXcKekNw8AQ

oh yeah, don't forget to bring rain ponchos to melt on the side of the grill...adds to the effect.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Vytis33Vytis33 Posts: 184
    UT class of 2003..."The Harvard of the Midwest"
  • Options
    Vytis33 wrote:
    UT class of 2003..."The Harvard of the Midwest"

fuck yeah
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i heard dirty frank is pining to attend
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

we have a 10x10 came with a wall for one side

the first one we bought had a bunch of holes in the top, so we took it back to Wally World...forgot to stuff the screen in the bag... "oops". We bought a second one, and now we have 2 walls. 8-) Also has the nice buttons so you don't pinch your fingers taking it down. Heavy as heck but works awesome in the rain. (it came with the bug screen too)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDhc0fN-AncmGHaDVc_M7cXXUArKDRbH55UlFaQ8zXXcKekNw8AQ

oh yeah, don't forget to bring rain ponchos to melt on the side of the grill...adds to the effect.

sweet!
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    edited August 2012
    Post edited by Stardog3.. on