Options

Every 1998 poster available in a charity sale

pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
edited August 2010 in The Porch
EDIT

Dear all that bid on the 1998 posters

I have had some feedback from this seller.

Apparently many of the people who were contacted by the seller (from the early stages of the list), emailed back questionning if they were signed and numbered....and on finding they were not were no longer interested.

This lady is working full time and studying full time, so the task became too much i think. She is very in the know on the posters too (she sold them for the band for a long time), and knows that the 1998 year was a random year for s/n on posters. Even Ames dont know which were signed and numbered, and even made mistakes on the runs being stated on posters like Boston 98.

I hope in the next few days to take over the sale, in the same way the setlists worked and contact all the people who were down for each posters again and organise the sales to proceed.

Anyone no longer ionterested can then just confirm at the time, otherwise this will be very quick from then on.........My sincere apologies, but i dont think the time taken to run this was factored in by the seller who got caught a little short.

please bear with me while we finish off the setlists then we can revisit this and finalise with all sales.....Thanks

I was asked yesterday by an incredibly selfless person if I had any thoughts on how to sell a bunch of posters to raise money for a charity sending aid overseas?

All 1998 posters are available. It may be that these will be grouped off to sell, but in the first instance I figured it best to put word out there to those seeking their holy Grail still from that year.6 months averages are likely to be the best way forward.

Amy interest let me know and I'll put it forward before they are sold elsewhere

in the past a donation receipt has been made available so it's tax deductible

EDIT - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR EMAIL

Message to all - could you please PM again with your requested print and your price, and most importantly your email for contact

sorry to do this, I just heard from the lady in charge of dealing with these. The lady who owns them is away on vacation...so i plan to put together a word document with contact details of all interested parties, the poster they want and the price. She can then make contact as and when she is ready to organise this huge sale and raise the funds.

For anyone interested the funds are to ship a huge container of aid relief for schools in Africa....300 schools in all.....what an effort, and what wonderful people.

thanks a lot and sorry to have to ask you all to contact again....its easier than going back through all the Pms and messages to ask for this....i hope you all understand, but I have been ploughed with Pms today
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I was asked yesterday by an incredibly selfless person if I had any thoughts on how to sell a bunch of posters to raise money for a charity sending aid overseas?

All 1998 posters are available. It may be that these will be grouped off to sell, but in the first instance I figured it best to put word out there to those seeking their holy Grail still from that year.6 months averages are likely to be the best way forward.

Amy interest let me know and I'll put it forward before they are sold elsewhere

in the past a donation receipt has been made available so it's tax deductible

I need Brisbane 1998. It's the only poster i don't have from all my shows, and it's my first show.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Can you pm me with a price you can pay on it and I'll submit it later today
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,571
    edited June 2010
    pdalowsky wrote:

Are these signed paul?
    If so I would like to hear about noblesville 1998.
    Post edited by Niko80 on
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Niko80 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Are these signed paul?

some are i believe Nik, i have asked for that info yesterday...but all are mint or as close to as possible
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,571
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Niko80 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Are these signed paul?

some are i believe Nik, i have asked for that info yesterday...but all are mint or as close to as possible

Cool, I wanted to hear more specifially about noblesville & west palm beach. Let me know will you?'
    thx
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    [/quote]

Cool, I wanted to hear more specifially about noblesville & west palm beach. Let me know will you?'
    thx[/quote]

no probs 8-)
  • Options
    offers in on Kansas, and Brisbane
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,897
    Dallas, TX - Reunion Arena - please and thank you.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    edited June 2010
    so interest received on

Brisbane
    Kansas
    Dallas
    noblesville
    west palm beach
    alpine
    cleveland
    St Louis
    Post edited by pdalowsky on
  • Options
    Alpine either night would rule
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,022
    need noblesville please
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    Drat. And to think I *just* pulled the trigger on my '98 holy grail last week! Sonuva!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    Need noblesville how do we bid send you a PM?
    Nick
  • Options
    jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    Rapid City please!!!!!!!!!
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,654
    PM sent on the Mansfield.

Thanks for taking the time to deal with all of us crazies.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    I LOVE my Birmingham, AL poster :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    pm sent
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    LukinFan wrote:

I love that you love your Birmingham, AL poster :D
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options

no bids guys, just pm an offer, it would be best to avoid a silent auction set up, first come first served with acceptable offers really.

There will be no playing bids off each other......thats wrong on so many levels. So if you offer first, that will be submitted if the seller does proceed to sell individually.

let me be real clear i was asked for a little advice as to selling these in groups by this charity. My advice was the potential return would be much greater individually, and raise more for the cause. So i put this out there to assist them in making their decision.
  • Options
    stotstot Posts: 207
    LukinFan wrote:

Did you get it framed yet?
    '00 Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, & Seattle
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • Options
    Message to all - could you please PM again with your requested print and your price.

sorry to do this, I just heard from the lady in charge of dealing with these. The lady who owns them is away on vacation...so i plan to put together a word document with contact details of all interested parties, the poster they want and the price. She can then make contact as and when she is ready to organise this huge sale and raise the funds.

For anyone interested the funds are to ship a huge container of aid relief for schools in Africa....300 schools in all.....what an effort, and what wonderful people.

thanks a lot and sorry to have to ask you all to contact again....its easier than going back through all the Pms and messages to ask for this....i hope you all understand, but I have been ploughed with Pms today :oops:
  • Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Message to all - could you please PM again with your requested print and your price.

thanks a lot and sorry to have to ask you all to contact again....its easier than going back through all the Pms and messages to ask for this....i hope you all understand, but I have been ploughed with Pms today :oops:

Ouch... that's a total drag for the "first came" crowd...
    pdalowsky wrote:

no bids guys, just pm an offer, it would be best to avoid a silent auction set up, first come first served with acceptable offers really.

There will be no playing bids off each other......thats wrong on so many levels. So if you offer first, that will be submitted if the seller does proceed to sell individually.

let me be real clear i was asked for a little advice as to selling these in groups by this charity. My advice was the potential return would be much greater individually, and raise more for the cause. So i put this out there to assist them in making their decision.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    MB50486MB50486 Posts: 243
    PM sent on Pittsburgh
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 862
    PM sent on STL and Minneapolis
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Pm sent Maui 98
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    Anyone jumping at Hartford?
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Ouch... that's a total drag for the "first came" crowd...
    pdalowsky wrote:

yeah Im so sorry for that, ive had in excess of 100 Pms today, so im sure people understand and there is no rush, I wont submit this until everyone has had a good chance to get back to me....

apologies
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    Cool man.

I would like to take a look at the list later and get back to you. Im really happy its not a rush and great for the charity aspect.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Cool man.

I would like to take a look at the list later and get back to you. Im really happy its not a rush and great for the charity aspect.

sure, take your time, this may take a month or two to iron out so be steady... there have been over 100 pms today so Im doing my best to get through it all....and submit a full offer sheet on each poster to the seller with second choice options etc....I will ask her to deal with it as a first come first served where offers are in the same ball park....please understand if a crazy offer comes in well over the first one she may have to take that - its not a personal profit of course, sio Im sure most will understand this
  • Options
    Anyone not received a reply up to now please bear with me, I'm away from my pc now till the morning but will reply first thing - the response today has been staggering and has left me floundering a little. Over 135 pm's in 12 hrs has proved harder than I thought to manage