Options

Not goin 2 Philly? Still want Philly Wishlist Auction Items?

elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,065
edited October 2009 in The Porch
We are going to try something new here and I am not sure how it will wind up working knowing how some certain people react in this forum but its for 2 good causes so its worth a shot:

For those not going to the Philly shows and the Philly Wishlist Pre Party Fund-Raiser events but have interest in one or more of the auction items, we are offering a chance to still achieve landing one of the auction items.

Disclaimer: I can almost guarantee there are flaws or holes in this so please be gentle on me if you come up with something that doesn't make sense to what we are trying. Although we reserve the right for any reason to pull this website down, stop accepting offers, or anything else, we will be taking your maximum bids via proxy at the following website:

http://www.tregoconstruction.com/phillyfundraisers/

The way it works is like this:
1) you can't go to a specific Philly show/Pre party
2) You have interest in Auction Item "ABC"
3) you send an email via the aforementioned website with your information, the item description, and what your max bid would be if you attended
4) your max bid would than be taken to the events themselves and used if the bidding gets to a point where your max bid comes into play.
5) If your max bid is used, that's the $ amount that has to be beaten at the event
6) If no one bids higher, you win and will be contacted the next day and payment is expected immediately via Paypal after being contacted
7) if someone bids higher than you at the show or via email, you lose the item and will not be contacted
8) Winner is responsible for additional shipping costs where winner will be given an estimated cost
9) If you wind up the winner and then decline making payment, "PJ Kharma" will bite you in the arse and you will regret the day you committed to an item but decided not to pay. All your future 10c purchases will get lost in the mail and your 10c tickets will be located outside any future concert in one of the port-o-potties
10) Note: the aforementioned website has some of the auction items but not all of them. Others may be listed later thru the week so check back frequently
11) Any questions, PM me

Thanks and again, if this turns into a disaster for some unforeseen circumstance, we reserve the right to kill this idea for any reason and stop taking proxy bids via e-mail. The bottom line is we want to help 2 great causes and that is The Gift of Life Family House and The Yellow Ribbon Club.

Thank you
Dave
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Great idea and a hell of a list of items, esp. for the sports fans....good luck!
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    And away we go...
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Very nice mix of items and the chance to bid for everyone interested. Good luck and nice way to spread the love EV! :-)
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    mid day bump- come on, where are all you crazy pearl jam poster folks?! we got some good ones....
  • Options
    Great idea! :D
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    thanx V_G77. I think it was Petrocs that came up with this one.

So if it fails miserably, it was his idea. If it is a success, then I thought of it!! haha!
  • Options
    This is a great idea & hey non-Philly goers check out the list of stuff-it's incredible! If I wasn't gonna be there for 3 outta 4-I'd go for it :)
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Options
    this thread is not getting a lot of views. Should I change the thread subject title to "Hey Poster Freakazoids! PJ Posters available!"?
  • Options
    Hawaii alone is worth a look not to mention all the Klausen's and piece de resistance IMO, the signed TomT Chicago for those who missed out. It is really sweet close up and the mount and framing possibilities endless with the vibrant colors.
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    thanx V_G77. I think it was Petrocs that came up with this one.

So if it fails miserably, it was his idea. If it is a success, then I thought of it!! haha!

doesnt matter who came up with the idea or who gets the items or who lists the items this is a group effort and we're all putting forth a great effort. im very proud to be working together with everyone to help both causes. My brother would be.... IS proud...hes looking down on all of us and he will make sure the weather cooperates and that this is a huge success.
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
    Wow, a guy looking in from the Uk has to wonder, who the hell are all those people?

I was expecting signed Pearl jam stuff!!!

I guess the few posters at the bottom are ok, couldnt the chaps have signed some of them to make it interesting?

I know you wishlist folk cann make it happen
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Wow, a guy looking in from the Uk has to wonder, who the hell are all those people?

I guess the few posters at the bottom are ok, couldnt the chaps have signed some of them to make it interesting?

didnt we mention the donkeys ass signed by Prince Charles? or certainly we mentioned the guiness can which was crushed by Wayne Rooney after another Man U victory...or maybe we forgot to mention that Take That will be preforming LIVE in our tent with Robbie Williams back on vocals...? no? pity

Thats a joke by the way :) just stop by the tent...maybe you'll see something that will surprise you :)
    Post edited by petrocs on
    Shows:
  • Options
    Maybe you misunderstood but these items were generously donated by fans and Tom T responded as far as the artists go and the others are from folks' personal collections. As an eb member I have seen many of these on members wanted lists. It's about charity which I know is universal and am rather surprised by your outlook since you always seemed very nice and helpful with posters. People have worked hard to get items of interest to fans. Too bad you don't see these in the manner they were given.

• Options
    we also have the Pearl Jam Ten Super Deluxe Box Set. Someone could get lucky and walk away with this beauty for pennies on the dollar!21m88j4.jpg
  • Options
    bump
    Shows:
  • Options
    Maybe you misunderstood but these items were generously donated by fans and Tom T responded as far as the artists go and the others are from folks' personal collections. As an eb member I have seen many of these on members wanted lists. It's about charity which I know is universal and am rather surprised by your outlook since you always seemed very nice and helpful with posters. People have worked hard to get items of interest to fans. Too bad you don't see these in the manner they were given.

I'm sorry,

i wasnt being serious...hell some of those sports stars are probably huge out in the states...I just dint know who they are, it doesnt make them non valuable though and I am sure that fans of those teams will pay huge money to get them - as I would for certain PJ items and things signed by manchester United.

I do apologise, but i was not trying to take anything asway from your auction whatsoever, of course I was ignorant to how you came across the goodies, its always cool of people to donate that way and not head straight to ebay....I was just thinking to maximise the proceeds from charity surely the boys could pen their names on them - and I know you guys can get to them when needed.....via tenclub or whatever, Just a suggestion and one I perhaps made in the wrong way

As a matter of interest did you contact Brad K? I've noticed in the past he is extremely giving when it comes to charity auctions, especially with those run over at BRY and has given away many a dusseldorf, easy street , dc etc
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

didnt we mention the donkeys ass signed by Prince Charles? or certainly we mentioned the guiness can which was crushed by Wayne Rooney after another Man U victory...or maybe we forgot to mention that Take That will be preforming LIVE in our tent with Robbie Williams back on vocals...? no? pity

Thats a joke by the way :) just stop by the tent...maybe you'll see something that will surprise you :)

Take that and robbie together? Crikey do you want people to come to your event??? :lol:;)

again Joking, good luck with the night
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Nice work! Still can't believe all the auction items you have!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    Thanks pdalowsky I thought it was a simple misunderstanding. You may want to revisit the preparties thread since some incredible BK's were donated by Canada's finest, Demetrios, yesterday including Dusseldorf and the other EV 08
    East coast-so both are available. Looks like more things are coming in each day. Hope you have a good evening.:-)

• Options
    Thanks pdalowsky I thought it was a simple misunderstanding. You may want to revisit the preparties thread since some incredible BK's were donated by Canada's finest, Demetrios, yesterday including Dusseldorf and the other EV 08
    East coast-so both are available. Looks like more things are coming in each day. Hope you have a good evening.:-)

No probs, I really wish you well, you guys do some great work for great causes, and should be applauded for it.

Really not enough of these things go on, and it was great to see the signed guitar raise so much. The last time i won one of these things was Kristens Laptop bag and I was over the moon, not only did i get a cool item but I also helped a good cause raise funds, its a win win.

Most of my charitable donations are directed to animal charities so that gave a little bit somewhere else for once

Enjoy the shows and good luck with the fund raising.
  • Options
    here are 3 more posters that will be on the proxy bid site later that you can bid on if you want even if you cant make Philly:

Eddie Vedder East Coast 08 Klausen - 1st
    96kcn9.jpg

Pearl Jam Gorge 05 Klausen - 1st
    20a2900.jpg

Pearl Jam Dusseldorf 07 Klausen - 1st
    28lq3hi.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for the update photos, EV.

pdalowsky, congrats on the laptop bag. I have had my eye on one since they came out but never seem to have to cash whenever one comes along ... someday it will fall into place, so I totally understand your thrill at catching one. Sorry I forgot to add the Gorge poster too.

• Options
    with only a few days to go, should i change the thread title to get the poster freaks here?! Still no proxy bids on any of the posters. Got a couple now for some of the Philly related stuff...
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,415
    Lot of good shit there...impressive!!
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    Don't forget to check out all the items on the list and get your bids in early if there's something you've had your eye on - you never know you may the lucky bid. The poster collector's thread on here shows how great these posters looked framed. Also some incredible one of a kind sport's memorabilia for all you Philly sports fans out there.