Options

*Raffle to support Tornado victims*ends new years eve!!!!!

juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
edited January 2014 in Lost Dogs
Edit** You can enter until the ball drops in new york on new years eve....I will draw names shortly after and pm the winners asap, a huge thank you to all who have entered and donated, were getting a nice total but I'd like to raise as much as possible to help as many families as possible!!! We've got some great prizes and hopefully everyone who donates can win something as a big thank you!!!

I have a red lightning bolt sealed in the sleeve that I'm gonna sell and all the proceeds will go toward this same cause. $250 donation and you can own a copy!!!! Pm me if interested!!

Central Illinois was hit hard by a nasty storm that had high winds and tornadoes that destroyed hundreds of homes and damaging a several hundred homes....its a disaster area and all the pics I've see do not even do it justice of how bad it truly is!! There are several subdivisions that are completely gone, and many people lost everything they own. Most people have insurance and they will come out ok in the end but insurance can't replace 50 year old wedding pictures, old antique cars, collectables etc. The damage is mind boggling and breath taking all at the same time, its sad!
The cleanup is underway and there is several crews working to restore power and gas to people that still have homes standing. They're are large trucks hauling away debris and garbage that has blown all over the place. A sign that said "welcome to Washington" was found all the way in Streator, which is about 60 miles away!! Its truly amazing many more people didn't lose they're life, while 8 people did not make it through the storms, and several were injured. The damage started in Pekin and went thru North Pekin, East Peoria, Morton, and Washington who was hit the hardest. If you haven't seen pics yet, check them out, like I said, the pics do not do justice to what it actually looks like in person!

I live in Delavan, about 15 miles south of where the tornado hit, our town got togther and we've taken several truck loads full of food, water, baby supplies, toiletries, and several other items to help everyone out in need. As well as several other towns have done the same. Its truly amazing to see everyone come togther and help out these people when they need it the most. As of now, so many items have been donated that the red cross and all shelters are just asking for monetary donations. Well that's where I want to jump in and help. Every penny this raffle raises is going straight to those families that need it the most, as in people with out insurance, families who can't afford to get they're kids a Christmas gift, families that won't even have a thanksgiving dinner. I feel really lucky when I look at how much I have to be thankful for when it comes to everyday activities I take for granted that these people lost. So this money will go straight to these families in need the most, ive done lots of reasearch to try to reach out to these families and they are in desperate need of our help!!

I took a look at my pearl jam collection and realized if I don't use it why not turn it into something that people affected by these storms can use. There has been several amazing people who have stepped up and donated some very great items that will be up for grabs. And to everyone who donated, you guys are the real winners in this, its truly amazing to see the power of the people from these boards, thank you from the bottom of my heart for reaching out and wanting to donate, you all are angels!!! God bless you all!!!

So without any more ill list all the items up for raffle, a $25 donation will enter your name one time into this raffle, $50 will get you 2 enteries, etc. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me...ill get back to you as soon as I can.

Raffle items are:
*all items not marked donated by were donated by juddboz80
Pearl Jam Lightning Bolt red vinyl
Temple of the dog green vinyl, I believe this is a bootleg?
Pj20 DVD not the deluxe version
Pearl Jam 5 alive on white vinyl played a few times
2012 Xmas single from alpine valley and deep mag In 10 club mailer
No code CD
Eddie Vedder sniper program Oct/Nov/Dec 2012
Pearl Jam Vitality first press played but in excellent cond
Stone Temple Pilots - Sex type thing pic
Brad Klaussen-Cloak and veil '09 mint cond
Pearl Jam Lima '11 Ames bros, mint cond, show edition
Pearl Jam- Winnipeg '11 Simkins 1st edition
Falla sheep- 1.grey, 1 green donated by ryanjp2323
Pj- Brooklyn Double variant posters s/n by don Pendleton donated by PP193448
Monk one Chris Cornell poster. Donated by JB23237
Pj20 3 lp vinyl set. Donated by LarsK13
Pearl Jam- "Sevens" boxset. Donated by ofthegirl99
Pj 2011 Toronto night 2 poster (I think framed). Donated by nostacked vinyl
Pj CCFA Melbourne 06 1st edition. Donated by breylan
Pj Manchester 09 Klaussen 1st edition. Donated by breylan
RNDM "acts" vinyl opened but unplayed. Donated by jjflash
Xl PJ20 Bucks shirt. Donated by dankind
2000 tour orange evolution t shirt size m lightly worn donated by LB260405
2009 tour Seattle stickman t shirt new, size small. Donateg by LB260405
2013 Wrigley setlist shirt new size small. Donated by LB260405

If you have any items you want to add to the list please pm me and ill add it immediately, a huge thanks to all for your kind donations.....im so proud to be a part of this great community....love u all!!

*****Please read carefully for PayPal!!!!!!!!
If u want to enter this raffle, please make sure you DO NOT USE THE WORDS RAFFLE ON PAYPAL!!! when u go to paypal pleas pay as a gift or to friends or family to make sure these families get every penny possible because everything will help. And in the box with comments just put your forum user nand. The people who win raffle items, I will pm you then and get your address to ship prizes out. After you've donated come back to this thread and post that you've donated to help keep track of people. I will let the raffle go for awile and give plenty of warning to the end date, ill post info later on during this week!

PayPal address is.... <!-- e --><a href="mailto:juddboz99@yahoo.com">juddboz99@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->

Thank you to all who have helped out in any way or donated, lets make a difference!!!!
More info to come and I will have info on exactly how this money will be given out to families and to those in need! Thank you all!!
Cant buy what i want cause its free....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    WOW! Great items for raffle. Thanks for this! If I hadn't just been laid off from my job on Friday, I would absolutely donate!

Best wishes to those affected. My heart goes out to you.
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,303
    Truly awesome! Count me in!
  • Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,372
    Count me in...great cause
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    this needs to be a sticky!
  • Options
    Please donate. Nice job OP.
  • Options
    Donation sent.

Great work here. Let's keep this one at the top.
  • Options
    TWHoltTWHolt Moncton, NB Posts: 401
    Donation sent! Thank you!
    |Montreal 03|Halifax 05|St. John's 1 05|St. John's 2 05|Toronto 1 06|Toronto 2 06|NYC 1 08|NYC 2 08|Toronto 09|Hartford 10|Boston 10|Newark 10|NYC 1 10|NYC 2 10|Alpine Valley 1 11|Alpine Valley 2 11|Montreal 11|Hartford 13|Ottawa 16|Chicago 1 16|Chicago 2 16|Boston 1 18|Quebec City 22|Ottawa 22|Next~Boston 1 24|Next~Boston 2 24|
  • Options
    Just sent a donation - thanks very much
  • Options
    Donation sent. Great cause OP!
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Donation sent. Thanks. :D
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options

I agree!
  • Options

I agree!

Love the unity around here! :lol:

I'll give this a +1
  • Options
    Donation sent. Great idea and hope a good amount gets raised.
  • Options

I agree!
    So u agree with your own comment......interesting!
  • Options
    juddboz80 wrote:

I agree!
    So u agree with your own comment......interesting!

I still have at least 7 other personalities and voices that haven't stepped in with their opinions yet Judd
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    As much as I would LOVE a shot at a Sevens set (45 nerd here), this disaster was in my neck of the woods here & I think a check/donation is more important to me than getting something in return. PM coming.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    donation sent
  • Options
    korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 923
    Awesome cause! Count me in, just sent paypal.
    I'm in Il to and plan on spending at least part of the couple days I have off for Thanksgiving helping out a couple friends of the family affected by the storm.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    korn-1 wrote:
    Awesome cause! Count me in, just sent paypal.
    I'm in Il to and plan on spending at least part of the couple days I have off for Thanksgiving helping out a couple friends of the family affected by the storm.
    That's awesome man! I've been helping my grandma's brother, they just finished a big addition and remodeling they're entire house and it got leveled.....they're just sick! Its sad to see all the damage in person! Pics do not do it justice!!
  • Options
    Donation sent!
  • Options
    I will make this a sticky by bumping all the time if I have too...How much difference does it make?
    A lot to those folks affected by this storm!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    in for Illini
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    I'm in. I couldn't imagine going through this. I've seen some video on YouTube of this event and it's horrific.

Thanks Judd.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I agree with Elwayvedder's 2nd personality. Bump or sticky this needs to be on first page. :corn:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Donated! Kudos to other donors and to those who supplied the merch.
  • Options
    bump.
  • Options
    Paypal sent... Great cause, thank you...
  • Options
    Paypal sent. Thanks for running this raffle and I hope it raises a lot of money for a great cause. Happy T-Giving to all!
  • Options
    Donation sent