Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    not too bad of a mid-season finale.
    I'll admit that the episode was better than the others.

Here is my heartache with the show.

Gas.  For some reason the gasoline is still good...

Going rogue.  Why is it that every time there is a plan that no one sticks to it?  Letting the walkers in the Saviors place was just dumb...

Eugene.  He is now the person everyone loves to hate.  He chooses now to start becoming a drunk?  Is he really that much of a coward to not help out Rick and crew?
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014

Going rogue.  Why is it that every time there is a plan that no one sticks to it?  Letting the walkers in the Saviors place was just dumb...

Eugene.  He is now the person everyone loves to hate.  He chooses now to start becoming a drunk?  Is he really that much of a coward to not help out Rick and crew?
    Best episode of the season. But thats like saying I won the tallest Oompa Loompa contest.

The gas thing doesn't really bother me, I know there's going to be things we have to just give the show. This is one of them. Besides, I think gas can stay good a long time if stored in a gas reserve tanks, and not just siphon out of abandoned cars.

I hate the going roque thing too. Make a plan and stick with it people.

Eugene I think is going to be the one to help take down the Saviors in the end. But, if he didn't help them to begin with they'd still be trapped, and less people would have been killed in this war. So I still hope he dies, that maybe one of Rick's crew kills him when its all done.

When did Carl get bit? He wasn't near a walker all episode. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Best episode of the season. But thats like saying I won the tallest Oompa Loompa contest.

The gas thing doesn't really bother me, I know there's going to be things we have to just give the show. This is one of them. Besides, I think gas can stay good a long time if stored in a gas reserve tanks, and not just siphon out of abandoned cars.
    Gas does not have a long shelf life, it loses octane.  If you plan on storing gas it should be of higher octane like 93.

Agreed.

Eugene I think is going to be the one to help take down the Saviors in the end. But, if he didn't help them to begin with they'd still be trapped, and less people would have been killed in this war. So I still hope he dies, that maybe one of Rick's crew kills him when its all done.
    Eugene quickly rose to the top of people I hate on the show toppling Gabriel from the top spot.

Carl got bit while helping the Indian guy.  Never thought that we'd lose him...

• Options
    mace1229 said:

Gas does not have a long shelf life, it loses octane.  If you plan on storing gas it should be of higher octane like 93.

Agreed.

Eugene quickly rose to the top of people I hate on the show toppling Gabriel from the top spot.

Carl got bit while helping the Indian guy.  Never thought that we'd lose him...

I didn;t think we'd lose him either. Still not 100% certain we will.
    I didn't even think about that scene, that was from last week right?cI guess that was earlier that day, just didn't seem like it being frmo a week ago.
    I wouldn't put it passed TWD to do something stupid like say he has built up immunity being such a young kid at the start or something. The way they played back and forth with Glenn dying.
    I don't watch Talking Dead, but it records the first 3-4 minutes at the end of the show, and they made a big announcement that Carl will die. Instead of asking what will happen to Carl. Seems like the more they play with the idea of someone dying, the less likely they will die.
  • Options
    On Talking Dead, Gimple said that Carl's bite is like all the other bites on the show, which implies a one way ticket to death valley. However, it couldn't be completely confirmed yet that he's a complete goner. RIP to Carl anyway. He had a good run in such a fucked up, ungrateful world.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887

i was wondering about the gas as well :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

i was wondering about the gas as well :lol:
    It's seriously my biggest pet peeve about the show.  They should be fighting over "octane booster"...

I have noticed that the cars are now older in the show so maybe they are running carburetors but I don't think the writers are car guys.
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    The whole Carl setting off smoke/fire bombs and then mysteriously disappearing into the sewer ninja turtle style right before the saviors could grab him irritated me. WTH did the saviors think he went? They walked right over the sewer.

I was a little confused with this episode to tell you the truth. I was not fully paying attention and everything seemed to be happening at night. It was kind of hard to tell what was going on. Did Carl or the Saviors blow up Alexandria? Carl... right? How exactly did Eugene get the walkers away from the Saviors? How did Dwight not bleed out after being shot in the arm? He couldn't even pick up a gun and then all of a sudden he is in the sewer and he is fine. Was Father Gabriel not infected?? I thought he was in the process of turning from all those walker guts and/or bite he may have suffered? Now he seems to be getting better. WTH was Eugene doing with that airplane? I could watch it again and figure it out on my own, but at this point I find it more entertaining to speculate.

• Options
    The whole Carl setting off smoke/fire bombs and then mysteriously disappearing into the sewer ninja turtle style right before the saviors could grab him irritated me. WTH did the saviors think he went? They walked right over the sewer.

I was a little confused with this episode to tell you the truth. I was not fully paying attention and everything seemed to be happening at night. It was kind of hard to tell what was going on. Did Carl or the Saviors blow up Alexandria? Carl... right? How exactly did Eugene get the walkers away from the Saviors? How did Dwight not bleed out after being shot in the arm? He couldn't even pick up a gun and then all of a sudden he is in the sewer and he is fine. Was Father Gabriel not infected?? I thought he was in the process of turning from all those walker guts and/or bite he may have suffered? Now he seems to be getting better. WTH was Eugene doing with that airplane? I could watch it again and figure it out on my own, but at this point I find it more entertaining to speculate.

Radio was on that RC plane and he was going to lead the walkers away with it.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Radio was on that RC plane and he was going to lead the walkers away with it.
    Still dont understand that as i thought dwight shot it down as it left the side of the building?  Saviors blew up A., everybody is a superhero in this show....Why the hell did it take Rick so long to get back? 
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    When did Carl Get bitten by a walker?  I missed that. :confused:   I only remember one walker in the finale, but don't think it attacked Carl or anything,  but do Apparently he's gone.  Did he die in the comics?  I think I read his contract is up (he actually cut his hair)
    New look Chandler Riggs took to social media on Saturday to share his new haircut after his long-haired character Carl Grimes suffered a fatal walker bite on The Walking Dead
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    When did Carl Get bitten by a walker?  I missed that. :confused:   I only remember one walker in the finale, but don't think it attacked Carl or anything,  but do Apparently he's gone.  Did he die in the comics?  I think I read his contract is up (he actually cut his hair)
    New look Chandler Riggs took to social media on Saturday to share his new haircut after his long-haired character Carl Grimes suffered a fatal walker bite on The Walking Dead
    Carrrrrrrrrrol doesn't die in the comics and he got bitten helping the Indian guy.
  • Options
    Nooo Coral nooooo!!!
    He looks fantastic!!!
    No Daryl hair, no sheriff's hat (which incidentally as I'm typing this) I remember they made a point of showing Carl putting the hat on his head in a recent episode..right?
  • Options
    He's a gonner for sure.
  • Options
    almost forgot it returns tonight.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    almost forgot it returns tonight.
    A few more hours!
  • Options
    Carl = turnin soon
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    With any luck, we won't have to see him in any more episodes as flashbacks. He just got to be a super annoying character to me. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    I had to fast forward every scene with Carl, I just couldn't wait for him to die and move on.
  • Options
    I watched the first 30 minutes last night...watched him give the letters to Rick. Had to put my daughter to bed after that. Maybe I'll watch the rest tonight?? My comic friend just told me Maggie just had a super cool scene in the latest book but this is her last season on the show (due to issues with pay)... I asked him did he think it would really continue? He thinks it still has another 3-4 seasons left... really??
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,976
    Any predictions for this week?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    edited March 2018

Last nights show was all over the place.  I wish they focus on one or two characters and develop that story before moving on to the next.  The whole doctor/priest segment, wtf?

After last weeks show I thought things were on there way to getting better.  Only good takeaway was Lucille and Negan plot for hilltop.

Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    I don't think I'll quit watching this show until it's over, but I'm kind of at the point where I'm over it. I want them to finish it. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    I am done with this show for good. Last nights episode was a joke.
  • Options
    kill henry please!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I don't think I'll quit watching this show until it's over, but I'm kind of at the point where I'm over it. I want them to finish it. 
    That's what I used to think, but I tapped out during last season.  I would maybe start watching again if they announced an end date.  But with no end in sight and the show just getting more and more ridiculous each week, I couldn't take it anymore.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    i stopped in the middle of season 4.  it was just poor writing, a ton of filler, and characters i didnt really care about

i have noticed this last run of shows seems to be pushing people off the ledge, and threads such as this in a few boards i frequent are nearly inactive
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    MayDay10 said:
    i stopped in the middle of season 4.  it was just poor writing, a ton of filler, and characters i didnt really care about

i have noticed this last run of shows seems to be pushing people off the ledge, and threads such as this in a few boards i frequent are nearly inactive
    I did the same..i don't know if i want to keep watching this..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    They lost me last season. This season has already had better shows than last year, but it's not enough. They drag things out way to long. This show has run it's course. Time for an end. Either kill em all or find a cure.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    the only show i rememebnr that is getting so worst every episode
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”