Options

please close

Comments

• Options
    RBAlive2727RBAlive2727 Posts: 97
    edited February 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    Ha  Nice.  My son and I do the Nu River in WV and the upper Gorge.. We're down for the more aggressive stuff.  I'll have to check to see what the little one can handle.  

Nicely done, again.  Thanks!  
    You have experience...i'm with you... lol. Plus what you do for us @ BTN is amazing. If you we get enough interest I was thinking of making the T-Shirts more money and donate a portion to the Given To Live Foundation. I pry could use your assistance if we get to that point. 
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    8/20/16 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1
    8/13/18 Missoula**MT WA-Grizz Stadium 
    8/18/18 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1 
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    mrussel1 said:
    Ha  Nice.  My son and I do the Nu River in WV and the upper Gorge.. We're down for the more aggressive stuff.  I'll have to check to see what the little one can handle.  

You have experience...i'm with you... lol. Plus what you do for us @ BTN is amazing. If you we get enough interest I was thinking of making the T-Shirts more money and donate a portion to the Given To Live Foundation. I pry could use your assistance if we get to that point. 
    Ah cool, I guess you're on the page.  Well you know where to find me if this grows.  We're happy to be a part.  We definitely want to bring someone out to Seattle for one of the shows.  As soon as I go through it later, I'll sign up officially on your page.  
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    Can someone help me out with something - what is the situation like in Glacier National Park regarding car camping? Are there sites for this, and that are accessible to these ridiculous views and glacier lakes? Looking for some advice. 

Thanks.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    This looks amazing...I've never done this...is it OK for a first-timer?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    Rafting?  Yes.  You will likely be put in the front or somewhere that your "effort" isn't as important.  Yes you could fall out, but you wear a helmet and jacket.  And the Class V are usually only 1 minute or so at a time, every once in a while.  It will meander between aggressive and mellow I would think.  It's a blast and as long as you don't have any disabilities that affect your ability to paddle or move around, you should be good.  
  • Options
    I'm going.  Leaving the Friday before, fly fishing Saturday and Sunday, hitting the concert on Monday and flying home Tuesday.  So stoked.
    I was able to get tickets today and I am taking the family out for vacation.  Plenty of fly-fishing for sure!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Rafting?  Yes.  You will likely be put in the front or somewhere that your "effort" isn't as important.  Yes you could fall out, but you wear a helmet and jacket.  And the Class V are usually only 1 minute or so at a time, every once in a while.  It will meander between aggressive and mellow I would think.  It's a blast and as long as you don't have any disabilities that affect your ability to paddle or move around, you should be good.  
    Good News guys on this. I will be sending everyone a link here hopefully with the next week or so to sign up for the Group Discount. I spoke with Mike the owner of the company for a good 30 minutes today getting the plan set up and he talked about how him and Jeff Ament play basketball together, maybe he can talk to Jeff to come on the trip with us...lol!  He is super stoked that there is going to be PJ fans coming out together and doing this. I think we are going to cap the number @ 75 in order to encourage people to sign up ASAP plus it allows him to figure out how many guides he will need that day. Currently we have a solid 25 commits and will continue to rise. I am going to create a separate post for this so we can move this discussion to there. 
    Post edited by RBAlive2727 on
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

To anyone who attended Missoula 2012 ...

Was there a merch tent outside the venue on day of or day before?

• Options
    Jbarker said:

There was one outside the day of the show.
    2010 - Boston
    2011 - Alpine 1 & 2 --- EV - Providence & Boston - Tres Mts - Boston
    2012 - Missoula
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Worcester 1 & 2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    2014 - Detroit, Moline, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016 - Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, New York City 1, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Driving down from Calgary! Only show I put in for. I'll be there in GA!
    We are driving down from Calgary too! Flying from Missoula to Seattle for the second home show and then back for the Missoula show.
    Rock on! 
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2018
    timdwilli said:
    Jmouat said:
    timdwilli said:
    JF60288 said:
    I'll be driving from St. Paul, MN.  Pretty excited to do some camping, biking, and topping with off with Pearl Jam!  I saw the seating chart on the FB group page.  Looks like GA is going to be pretty awesome.  Hoping the merch lines won't be as bad as with the smaller venue but you never know?  At Wrigley last time a guy waited in line for over 4 hours to find only small shirts left and no posters. 
    Can somebody please post that seating chart? Stubhub has one that is broken down into 9 sections on the field and there are actually seats available with row #s listed, can't be right...

Here’s a photo of the chart you’re looking for.  Whoever posted it says they work for the local ticket outlet. 
    Nice...that will be amazing if those are accurate proportions!
    That is awesome if it's true! Reminds me of the stadium show we saw in Trieste, Italy.  They had "Prato" tickets which were GA similar to those 10c GA in that photo. Prato was my favorite word for a while! Lol 
    I am inclined to agree with people that this show is going to special.  It was the same feeling I had prior to Calgary 2013 and No Code, Illinois. Both shows were absolutely epic.  

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Jbarker said:

There was one outside the day of the show.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,522
    BS44325 said:
    Flight from Toronto - check
    Reserve Pickup Truck - check
    Book Two nights at Fish Creek in Glacier - check
    Book One night at Motel 6 University - check
    Missoula GA lottery - check

Who are you flying with? What's the route? Back in 2012 Air Canada had a 1 stop (Denver) to Missoula that was really cheap with points. Not the case any longer. Flights were a fortune otherwise. Glad I took advantage in 2012. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Booked my flights for five people with points this evening.... really chewed up a ton.  Not a ton of seats left..
  • Options
    jodiemjodiem Posts: 133
    Sorry, haven't read through all of the posts, but accommodation tips please? I'm flying over from Australia and I've just had a look and there isn't much left around town already... any hostels or accommodation in the University you could stay at? 
    Thank you :)
    1995: Perth
    2006: Sydney x 2
    2009: Philly, Sydney
    2013: San Diego, LA1 & 2, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle

EV Solo - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney x 2
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    jodiem said:
    Sorry, haven't read through all of the posts, but accommodation tips please? I'm flying over from Australia and I've just had a look and there isn't much left around town already... any hostels or accommodation in the University you could stay at? 
    Thank you :)

This seems like it's the only decently priced AirBnB in the area.  I would nab it before someone else does.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/23038144?location=Missoula, MT, United States&guests=1&adults=1&check_in=2018-08-11&check_out=2018-08-15&s=r1Auss8X

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options

Also, it's obviously still a ways off, but if anyone driving in from a 420 friendly state could possibly bring enough for the rest of the class, that would be super duper.

• Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    Saltzy23 said:

Also, it's obviously still a ways off, but if anyone driving in from a 420 friendly state could possibly bring enough for the rest of the class, that would be super duper.

Read my mind.
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Flying into  Spokane for specifically that reason. Save $300 from flying into Missoula plus get to stop at the dispensery and enjoy a 3 hour drive to Missoula taking in all the beauty. 
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• Options
    varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    Bah im regretting not going to missoula now. It would be my 20th anniversary of seeing them for the 1st time in the exact place! Also its a fun road trip id take my landcruiser through the mountains to get there. Id gladly forego both my seattle shows now and just do a super fun road trip to missoula....
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    Bummer Varty.  I much prefer the adventure side of traveling for PJ than just getting to concerts.  New places or cool side trip stuff.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Bummer Varty.  I much prefer the adventure side of traveling for PJ than just getting to concerts.  New places or cool side trip stuff.

mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Good News guys on this. I will be sending everyone a link here hopefully with the next week or so to sign up for the Group Discount. I spoke with Mike the owner of the company for a good 30 minutes today getting the plan set up and he talked about how him and Jeff Ament play basketball together, maybe he can talk to Jeff to come on the trip with us...lol!  He is super stoked that there is going to be PJ fans coming out together and doing this. I think we are going to cap the number @ 75 in order to encourage people to sign up ASAP plus it allows him to figure out how many guides he will need that day. Currently we have a solid 25 commits and will continue to rise. I am going to create a separate post for this so we can move this discussion to there. 
    I agree. Half the fun for me is going to a new city and experiencing new things. I’m also going to Seattle but I’m most looking forward to this show and trip. Hoping I can make the white water rafting trip also. 
  • Options
    varty yo said:
    Bah im regretting not going to missoula now. It would be my 20th anniversary of seeing them for the 1st time in the exact place! Also its a fun road trip id take my landcruiser through the mountains to get there. Id gladly forego both my seattle shows now and just do a super fun road trip to missoula....

I still have an extra 10C GA ticket if you change your mind.

I'm with you guys.  I'm going to Madrid and Lisbon, but something about this show has me so amped.

Something about being in the middle of fucking no where with a bunch of people into the same shit I am, and basically no one else.  I cannot wait.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Saltzy23 said:
    varty yo said:

I'm with you guys.  I'm going to Madrid and Lisbon, but something about this show has me so amped.

Something about being in the middle of fucking no where with a bunch of people into the same shit I am, and basically no one else.  I cannot wait.

I regretted to this day not going to my favorite place on earth Telluride, CO when they played there a couple years back. I was not going to miss this one. Chicago was great a fun but it was feels like yesterday, not sure why people were so amped on going back there or Boston, again still confuses me. Less people, great setting, easy to get around, and less money as well. I'm hoping for that hard to get Acoustic Set as an Opener and bunch of rarities. 
    Post edited by RBAlive2727 on
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    Saltzy23 said:
    varty yo said:

Saltzy, if Varty can’t swing it, I am interested in your extra! I have a Brewmaster friend that lives in Missoula but no ticket as of yet... Please consider selling to me, I’m gonna go whitewater rafting if I can sure one up. Thanks 
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    This concert came at the perfect time, as I'm taking a road trip to Alaska and was planning on Glacier. Hotel booked, dog hotel booked! Super excited! 
  • Options
    duffmann said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    varty yo said:

Saltzy, if Varty can’t swing it, I am interested in your extra! I have a Brewmaster friend that lives in Missoula but no ticket as of yet... Please consider selling to me, I’m gonna go whitewater rafting if I can sure one up. Thanks 

Looks likes I have a buyer, but I'll keep you posted if they back out.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    Missoula will be the top show of this tour. 
    The hype this show is getting is unreal. I see it here and on Facebook. The next Moline/the best of the tour. Hope those that are going are not disappointed! 
    Not really trying to hype it... just saying it will be the best of the 7 shows.  
    Just quoted you since you where the last that I saw mentioning. A lot of people are hyping it up more then the other shows. The venue looks great imo but still very large. The set from 2012 was awesome and they seem to bring it there. Wish I could make the trip. 
    The venue looks pretty cool and you can’t beat the backdrop.  

Well, there is Telluride for the backdrop...
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    RM162643 said:
    I dont think my wife wants me spending a bunch of time fly fishing(this is our 10 yr wedding anniversary trip) so probably just leave that gear at home for this trip. Recommdations on things to do would be great. Half tempted to cruise to Glacier for a day but i know its still over 3 hours. Really just getting excited to be back in MT. Probably nothing wrong with just hanging out around Missoula too..Cant wait til August!
    If you are looking for something to do. We are organizing a 10 Club/Family & Friends White Water Rafting Trip @ the Alberton Gorge. I have gotten the rates down to $49/per person for 4 Hours. Sunday August 12th @ 2PM. This link is the Event Page on Facebook. Let me know if  you have any questions or are interested. https://www.facebook.com/events/1984738221846736/

This looks awesome!!!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I've done the 2 day Gaulley river run with the 8 class 5's in it.  GREAT run!!!