2017 Single Here...

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,925
    Well, not "ahead of the game." But if they did what you suggested, it would have been back on schedule with this single. I don't care that the 2016 single was recorded in 2017. But it just proves that they didn't even consider what to put on it until it was already months late. Which means by the time it is all said and done its an entire year late.
    It really can't be that hard to find material. Unless they plan to do something with Wrigley '13, anything from that show or Murphy's would be a hit. It's not like they;d have to get in the studio for a single, they have plenty of material that we'd love to hear all just sitting in storage. That's what I don't get.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Hell, another Pendulumorphisis type recording would be find by me. Any type of studio outtake/demo/rework etc. I'll be super happy with anything I haven't heard before.
  • huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 846
    edited January 2018
    As for this particular single....musically speaking.... I listened to it through headphones this morning and loved it.

1. Alive-Criticism that I have read has to do with the fact that we have heard this 1000's of times at this point in our fandom. Big whoop that Dave K. is back on drums...forget what you have read and pay attention to what you hear--and that is a tight band (even with an "out of the loop" drummer, that rips through one of their standards like they still enjoy it. McCready slays the solo as if this is one of his favorite songs ever....top notch work by a group of guys who still sound like they love their chosen profession. And this was only a rehersal take.

2. Around and Around-Criticism that I have seen says that Eddie just goes through the motions...f that. It isn't a song in which he can flex his vocal muscles....it is a song written by Chuck Berry in the late 50's and a song that has been covered by the Stones and the Dead. I think Eddie's vocals hold up against all three versions that I have heard....again the band pulls it off and McCready's riffing is something to behold....so worth the listen on decent headphones for me (where the separation between the instruments is far clearer to my ears). Killer cover and worth the space on the vinyl....
    Post edited by huntersthompson on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    As for this particular single....musically speaking.... I listened to it through headphones this morning and loved it.

1. Alive-Criticism that I have read has to do with the fact that we have heard this 1000's of times at this point in our fandom. Big whoop that Dave K. is back on drums...forget what you have read and pay attention to what you hear--and that is a tight band (even with an "out of the loop" drummer, that rips through one of their standards like they still enjoy it. McCready slays the solo as if this is one of his favorite songs ever....top notch work by a group of guys who still sound like they love their chosed profession. And this was only a rehersal take.

2. Around and Around-Criticism that I have seen says that Eddie just goes through the motions...f that. It isn't a song in which he can flex his vocal muscles....it is a song written by Chuck Berry in the late 50's and a song that has been covered by the Stones and the Dead. I think Eddie's vocals hold up against all three versions that I have heard....again the band pulls it off and McCready's riffing is something to behold....so worth the listen on decent headphones for me (where the separation between the instruments is far clearer to my ears). Killer cover and worth the space on the vinyl....
    awesome. look forward to hearing it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

1. Alive-Criticism that I have read has to do with the fact that we have heard this 1000's of times at this point in our fandom. Big whoop that Dave K. is back on drums...forget what you have read and pay attention to what you hear--and that is a tight band (even with an "out of the loop" drummer, that rips through one of their standards like they still enjoy it. McCready slays the solo as if this is one of his favorite songs ever....top notch work by a group of guys who still sound like they love their chosed profession. And this was only a rehersal take.

Thanks! Looking forward to giving this a spin -- perhaps repeated spins! 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,014
    mace1229 said:
    SeaTut73 said:
    didn't see anyone post about this, but here it is...I guess don't scroll down if you want to be surprised...

Typo. This is the 2016 Single. 
    slh
    If only they had 2 years to come up with the 2016 single, someone might have caught that typo.
    O well, lets not rush it next time....
  • mace1229 said:
    SeaTut73 said:
    didn't see anyone post about this, but here it is...I guess don't scroll down if you want to be surprised...

Typo. This is the 2016 Single. 
    slh
    If only they had 2 years to come up with the 2016 single, someone might have caught that typo.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    If you are digital (like me) the wait continues.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,174
    dankind said:

Thanks! Looking forward to giving this a spin -- perhaps repeated spins! 

Thanks, Dr Gonzo.

I too am looking forward to hearing it.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415

1. Alive-Criticism that I have read has to do with the fact that we have heard this 1000's of times at this point in our fandom. Big whoop that Dave K. is back on drums...forget what you have read and pay attention to what you hear--and that is a tight band (even with an "out of the loop" drummer, that rips through one of their standards like they still enjoy it. McCready slays the solo as if this is one of his favorite songs ever....top notch work by a group of guys who still sound like they love their chosen profession. And this was only a rehersal take.

Awesome!  Hopefully I'll get to listen sometime soon.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    The explanation is typo so maybe the person putting together the artwork had 2016 typed then thought "wait... That can't be right. It will be 2018 in just over a month"
    FR181798 said:
    The explanation is typo so maybe the person putting together the artwork had 2016 typed then thought "wait... That can't be right. It will be 2018 in just over a month"
    When your process is flawed your product often reflects that.

it really is quite humorous if not very telling. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    What a great time a good lot of us had in East Troy, Michigan, back in 2011. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,174
    dankind said:
    What a great time a good lot of us had in East Troy, Michigan, back in 2011. 

right on!  "more shitters and more pissers back here"

that bath room attendant at Alpine Valley was a poet.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,339
    Interesting that there were nothing but complaints that it was so late, but now that it's been released we have.... more complaints. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,133
    I’m excited, this looks like a great single this year! (I mean last year.  Err... two years ago)

eithwr way, way better than Beyoncé or the other lady
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    on2legs said:
    Interesting that there were nothing but complaints that it was so late, but now that it's been released we have.... more complaints. 
    Interesting that it's been released, yet no one with a digital membership has it yet.
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
    on2legs said:
    Interesting that it's been released, yet no one with a digital membership has it yet.
    Yep. Nothing has changed for those of us who are digital.

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,339
    JimmyV said:
    on2legs said:
    The best way to change something that's around you, something you don't like, is to change yourself.” - Eddie Vedder 9/29/96 Randall’s Island, NY
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,925
    Just got my copy. Did everyone else's copy say "Thanks for waiting, best wishes-Eddie Vedder" in silver sharpie too?
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    mace1229 said:
    Just got my copy. Did everyone else's copy say "Thanks for waiting, best wishes-Eddie Vedder" in silver sharpie too?
    :rofl:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • i am betting cannabis was directly involved, again. it's legal now, and the joint was a rocking.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    mace1229 said:
    Was it dated? Maybe "Happy 2017!" Also, are you sure it wasn't signed "Elway Vedder"?
    It's a hopeless situation...
    JimmyV said:
    on2legs said:
    or analog. we don't have the files either. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2018
    JimmyV said:
    on2legs said:
    or analog. we don't have the files either. 
    True. But some analog members have received the physical package at least so that's progress I guess. For me, I don't care about the magazine and I've heard the RRHOF version of Alive a dozen times. I just want to hear the new cover song. That's it.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    Mine arrived yesterday - excited to read the mag and spin that 45!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,344
    I’m convinced now more than ever that 2016 was gonna be temple of the dog related.  After chris they changed their minds.  I’d bet 2017 is more of a tribute to chris rather than a “special temple of the dog issue”
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I’m convinced now more than ever that 2016 was gonna be temple of the dog related.  After chris they changed their minds.  I’d bet 2017 is more of a tribute to chris rather than a “special temple of the dog issue”
    A very interesting thought on the 2016.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    I agree. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD