Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,790
    one_stone said:

PJNB said:
    Anyone from Berlin or familiar with it enough to recommend me a place to stay? Seems like there are a bunch of smaller city centres instead of one large one and curious on recommendations especially with the venue being so far out of the city. Public transportation looks great though. 

I am no local but have visited Berlin numerous times as a Tourist. A recommendation is difficult as it depends on your preferences / amout of $$$ you are willing to spend. If your preference is sightseeing and you stay a few days you should stay somewhere in or close to the area triangulated by Hauptbahnhof, Potsdamer Platz and Alexanderplatz - that's what I would consider the center of the city with the most sights in easy reach (but also most expensive).  If your preference is having a short way home or to the concert and you stay only for the day of the show stay close to the arena. From public transport point of view you are right. It gets you everywhere - easy, fast and cheap without any problems at any time of the day. From the venue to city center it's around 20min ride with trains going every 10min. Just stay at a place close to a subway (U) or (S)bahn-Station.

Thanks I will look into those locations!
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,963
    ok this is getting ridiculous...its gotta be tomorrow

3 countries (spain , portugal & italy) with annoucments tomorrow
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    The venue is located in West Berlin, next to the olympic stadium. The area around Kurfürstendamm and Zoo Station, ie the old West Berlin center is also convenient to the venue.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I heard Europe is cancelled again
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,899
    my2hands said:
    I heard the same thing. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    IZIIZI Kraków Posts: 101
    just_one said:

Only three??? I don't think so...

PJ 1996 Warszawa, 2000 Katowice 1 ,2007 Chorzów, 2010 Gdynia, 2014 Gdynia, 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Londyn 1, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Londyn 2
    EV 2019 Amsterdam 1+2, Florence, Barolo, Berlin, Dusseldorf 
  • Options
    IZI said:
    just_one said:

Only three??? I don't think so...

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    man I wish I was able to get to Europe to share this experience! I'll be eagerly waiting for the US excitement to come! 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,963
    bbiggs said:
    man I wish I was able to get to Europe to share this experience! I'll be eagerly waiting for the US excitement to come! 

its been hard to concentrate at work i can tell you that :D
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    one_stone said:

PJNB said:
    Anyone from Berlin or familiar with it enough to recommend me a place to stay? Seems like there are a bunch of smaller city centres instead of one large one and curious on recommendations especially with the venue being so far out of the city. Public transportation looks great though. 

I am no local but have visited Berlin numerous times as a Tourist. A recommendation is difficult as it depends on your preferences / amout of $$$ you are willing to spend. If your preference is sightseeing and you stay a few days you should stay somewhere in or close to the area triangulated by Hauptbahnhof, Potsdamer Platz and Alexanderplatz - that's what I would consider the center of the city with the most sights in easy reach (but also most expensive).  If your preference is having a short way home or to the concert and you stay only for the day of the show stay close to the arena. From public transport point of view you are right. It gets you everywhere - easy, fast and cheap without any problems at any time of the day. From the venue to city center it's around 20min ride with trains going every 10min. Just stay at a place close to a subway (U) or (S)bahn-Station.

Berlin is great and there are tonnes of good hotels. The public transport is fantastic so anywhere you stay is gonna be fine to get around. Im sad i won't make this tour but im grateful for being able to past tours
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    LinhasportLinhasport Porto - Portugal Posts: 61
    just_one said:
    bbiggs said:

its been hard to concentrate at work i can tell you that :D
    So f*cking hard
  • Options
    salczsalcz Poland Posts: 8
    ha!
      1st Dec NOS Alive announce headliner and maybe will be PJ ! If yes then maybe Pearl Jam give too official Europe tour : )

Salcz
    (KAMIL) my gigs:
    KATOWICE, PL 2000
    LEEDS,UK 2006
    PRAGUE,CZ 2006
    CHORZOW,PL 2007
    LONDON,UK 2007
    MANCHESTER,UK 2009
    LONDON,UK 2009
    LONDON,UK 2010
    GDYNIA,PL 2010
    MANCHESTER1,UK 2012
    MANCHESTER2,UK 2012
    ARRAS,F 2012
    GDYNIA,PL 2014
    WERCHTER,B 2014
    LEEDS,UK 2014
    MILTON KEYNES,UK 2014
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    one_stone said:

PJNB said:

Berlin is great and there are tonnes of good hotels. The public transport is fantastic so anywhere you stay is gonna be fine to get around. Im sad i won't make this tour but im grateful for being able to past tours
    Thanks to those that gave me advice here and through PM's

I ended up going with Hotel-Pension Bernstein. It is just south of the Berlin Zoo and a short walk to a lot of sites. At only 55 Euro a night taxes in and a free breakfast it was an easy choice compared to the other prices. 
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    my2hands said:
    Trump is coming in eu? =)
  • Options
    Trump euro 2018 tour. Fuckin yay
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    Supposed berlin venue is close to schonefeld?
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,783
    cant fuckin wait!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, you're gonna wait, and you're gonna like it!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Cosimo82 said:
    Waldbühne
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,519
    It's coooooming!!!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    cant fuckin wait!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, you're gonna wait, and you're gonna like it!
    Why now you don't waiting?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Cosimo82 said:
    All the way to the other side of city. Tegel airport is closer.

Funny how I had flights to the "new" Berlin airport for the 2012 shows. The airport is still not ready.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    https://www.comingsoon.it/musica/news/idays-2018-pearl-jam-liam-gallagher-e-the-offspring-in-concerto-a-milano/n73294/

And translated into English (via google translate)

The IDays Festival 2018 will take place from 21 to 24 June 2018 where once the Milan Expo was opened, the space re-used at Rho.

The first names announced are Pearl Jam, Liam Gallagher and The Offspring and they will add so many more.

For the moment there is no information regarding tickets and subscriptions for the festival but soon you will know everything.

• Options
    https://www.comingsoon.it/musica/news/idays-2018-pearl-jam-liam-gallagher-e-the-offspring-in-concerto-a-milano/n73294/

And translated into English (via google translate)

The IDays Festival 2018 will take place from 21 to 24 June 2018 where once the Milan Expo was opened, the space re-used at Rho.

The first names announced are Pearl Jam, Liam Gallagher and The Offspring and they will add so many more.

For the moment there is no information regarding tickets and subscriptions for the festival but soon you will know everything.

Ach, don't trust Italian websites. Nothing has been confirmed yet, this all comes from a fake Facebook event that someone created and that spread like wildfire
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    edited November 2017
    Something‘s happening here too...

https://pearljam.tickets.de/de

EDIT: Use desktop mode...
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 350
    Let's face it: annoucement tomorrow. Tauron Arena in Krakow also posted on FB that big annoucement will be made tomorrow. 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    Kusy said:
    Let's face it: annoucement tomorrow. Tauron Arena in Krakow also posted on FB that big annoucement will be made tomorrow. 
    Oh, cool! I was really thinking we will only get a festival or two tomorrow, but this is a good sign!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Hope people remember before going crazy on 10c about why announcements in Europe are being made before they are here, that Seattle is not in the same time zone and the site might be updated a little later. And that Festivals always announce first. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Any local times for some of the announcements tomorrow?
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Kusy said:
    Oh, cool! I was really thinking we will only get a festival or two tomorrow, but this is a good sign!
    15k capacity for sports.  Nice and small.
  • Options
    pepijn1972pepijn1972 Helmond Posts: 13
    edited November 2017
    Rock werchter has given the last three bands announcements  at 8:00 in the morning. We are in time zone +1 so check twitter and internet in the nigth for you guys in the USA
    2014 Werchter 
    2018 1st Amsterdam Pinkpop
    2019 EV Düsseldorf