Options

Eddie Vedder 2017 merchandise

Comments

• Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    Thanks for the insight Brad.  I totally agree that if the print is gonna sell for hundreds on the secondary market, I'd rather it just sell for that initially so the artist gets the profits.  

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited June 2017
    I love Brad Klausen

Total class

For the record... DC 2006 is the absolute most badass gig poster of all time. For real. Thank you for having the balls to do it, and the band to approve it. 

Brad, quick question I have always wondered. Do you have to submit your print to the band for final approval? I remember some rumors surrounding the PJ South American 2005 print, so I've always wondered how that works with most bands
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210
    Hot Damn!!! I missed out on the BK London this morning, and just opened his site and there is was!!  Got me one!!
    I have heard things happen in threes, so hoping to get lucky and wrestle the bear tonight.  Grilling steak and opening a bottle of wine.  I'm working it!  Lets just hope it pays off.
    3rd would be to pick up the London bridge poster 10:30 tomorrow!!!
    I keep all posted if anyone gives a damn!!! HaHa
  • Options
    WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210
    afternoon*
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432
    WildFly said:
    Hot Damn!!! I missed out on the BK London this morning, and just opened his site and there is was!!  Got me one!!
    I have heard things happen in threes, so hoping to get lucky and wrestle the bear tonight.  Grilling steak and opening a bottle of wine.  I'm working it!  Lets just hope it pays off.
    3rd would be to pick up the London bridge poster 10:30 tomorrow!!!
    I keep all posted if anyone gives a damn!!! HaHa
    Lovely ;)
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I know that this is probably sacrilege, but I'd like that Dan Mumford poster more if it didn't say "Eddie Vedder" across that amazing sky. The lettering is cool, but the sky is out of this world. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Can anyone else confirm that they are allowing unlimited amounts of poster sales per person. Just read on social media that people are walking away with 8 posters each. How does that happen this day and age especially with a company that promotes against flipping...
    Guy who was next to me bought 5 tonight
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited June 2017
    If i dont get a Mumford tomorrow im offering a Wrigley Faile to someone plus cash.  Really would like to hang this one.  

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    That is absurd. Sounds like it's a case of uninformed staff or they don't care at all.

And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    @Santos L. Halper Why are they selling as many posters as you can carry at these events? Are these workers not from the 10club and don't know the rules?
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Anyone know a time for the Mumford tomorrow?
  • Options
    Redrumh2o said:
    Anyone know a time for the Mumford tomorrow?

• Options
    The cats. Cobain, Staley and Cornell.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I saw a blown up pic of the poster and those look like foxes to me. 

Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Even cooler.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Even cooler.
    Edited my post above. I love the foxes over cats. 
  • Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 363
    my2hands said:
    I love Brad Klausen

Total class

For the record... DC 2006 is the absolute most badass gig poster of all time. For real. Thank you for having the balls to do it, and the band to approve it. 

Brad, quick question I have always wondered. Do you have to submit your print to the band for final approval? I remember some rumors surrounding the PJ South American 2005 print, so I've always wondered how that works with most bands
    With PJ, back in the day, there wasn't really an approval process, and often times the band wouldn't see the posters till the night of the show. But that was back when it was just ames and myself doing posters. After my south america poster, an approval process was put into place. Even then though, it was something like the band had x amount of days to respond to the merch company and if there was no word back, the poster was approved, and as far as I remember there was seldom, if any, response back from a band member saying yay or nay. So it was basically the same as when there was no approval process.  

Then pj switched merch companies and the posters got way more organized, with approval processes and concept sketches. Was more fun when you didn't have to get a concept sketch approved, and were given the freedom to just run with whatever, but it makes sense... and again that's back when it was just myself and ames bros, now with all these other artists, a lot of who are new to pj and new to gigposters, there's a lot more people and ideas to deal with so they need to keep it organized and a tight running ship. It's a lot different dealing with 3 or 4 artists compared to say 20 - 25 for any given tour. 

Most bands / merch companies require some sort of concept sketch before moving forward with a design, but not all of them do, they just let you do what you do. Plus some artists, like myself, the concept sketch is a messy, rough, scribble of a general idea that will evolve and change greatly as you work on the design and other artists have a very finished looking concept sketch that doesn't change much at all as far as the overall concept and composition go. I got spoiled working for PJ and not needing approval for designs for so many years, so now when a band / merch company wants to see concept sketches before signing off, I struggle with that because like I said, my concept sketches are often times a mess that are just loose scribble place holders for the overall composition and they really only make sense to me because I can see how it will all evolve and what it should look like when it's done,... but even my lady who is a graphic designer / visual person will look at them and have no idea what she's looking at. So whenever I submit a concept sketch there's usually a lot of explaining required as to what someone is looking at and ask them to take a leap of faith that it will be much better then the mess they are currently looking at. 
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    nicknyr15 said:
    iO letsgo said:
    scurtis said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    5 on the bay already haha. What a fuckin joke. I don't know why I still get surprised by this. I really should be used to it by now. People don't even wait to have it in hand anymore! 
    It pisses me off too, especially when's I miss out,
    It pisses me off more... I don't want to sell to people who only care about a poster as a voucher to make themselves a little money, I don't spend all this time and energy making art for fans of any band so some person can waltz in at the last minute and take what I made and make a few bucks for themselves for doing absolutely nothing

If you guys do some clever sleuthing, and ask the sellers questions about their location or find out their name, I can cancel their orders.  

Always amazes me people sell something on ebay they don't have yet. 
    i haven't been on the forums much lately and then i see this today and had to comment.  so awesome to see an artist conversing and sharing his opinions with us here on the forums.  i will admit the whole poster flipping thing has really turned me off in recent years and that's unfortunate because it used to be such a simple way to remember and appreciate a show.  anyway, just want to say thanks for all that you do brad!  met you back at PJ20 and have been loving your art for years, keep on rockin!
    I try and come to the forums on the days of my sales to be available in case there's any weird issues that happen... which they do from time to time, so it's good to have direct, instant access to folks so you can explain what's going on if something weird has happened and to keep them up to date. 

plus I am a poster nerd too, so I am lurking in this thread anyway, because, I like all of you, can't wait to see what people come up with for each new poster. Am hoping Mike Fudge gets an EV poster, been digging his work lately and seems like he's hitting a stride with gigposters.

thanks to all of you guys for what you all do, if it weren't for the fans, there'd be no shows to make posters for! 

Thanks fir all the insight. I have to tell you , your Ft Lauderdale 2016 poster is one of my favorite if all time. Thanks for being amongst us fans 
    ft lauderdale turned out well, I dig that one too... they don't always end up like you see them in your head, so some you are more pleased with how they turn out then others and that one I was pleased with how she turned out. 

as for being amongst the fans... I am one... I don't listen to pj like I did when I was a kid, but I was out there in the crowd of people at Indio (not throwing shoes mind you, i did lose a shirt though... "I gotta shirt, a hat, I just need some pants, lets see some balls"), I was buying bootlegs for $25 / 50 a piece in the 90's at indie record stores... when I first started working for pj, I'd even show up still wearing pj shirts... you think it's bad to be the guy wearing the shirt of the band of the concert you are attending... I was the guy wearing the shirt of the band I was working for 
    Brad, Thank you for this.  You just made my heart smile.  :smile:  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    The London posters are amazing looking.  Wish I was there for the shows. 
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Where the symbolism may be correct, my guess is that the design was done well before CC's death.  Design, approval, printing, shipping.  It hasn't even been a month yet and all of those things would take far longer than that.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 429

Apologies to anyone who asked me to get merch last night but that 'queuing' system was a joke. Who in their right mind needs 10 posters? Night 1 was bad enough but that was plain stupid!

Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    PB204344PB204344 Posts: 13
    Any idea who is doing tomorrow nights poster for Dublin??
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,434
    I thought fans in Europe weren't into the whole merch thing?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    I thought fans in Europe weren't into the whole merch thing?
    Must be the American travellers lol. 
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited June 2017
    I'm one of the people who went to last nights show (London 2) went in and joined the mob (there was no queue) at one of the merch stands.  There were people walking away with armfuls of posters (some people had 10).  Right in front of me the last posters went to two guys who each bought 3.  After being in the mob for some time you couldn't really get to one of the other merch stands (there were three) join the back of that mob with any hope of getting a poster.  

All the posters were sold out before Glen even hit the stage.

I will be trying to get the AP but know it will be tough if not impossible.

It's gutting to go to a show and not be able to get the poster especially when (a) you see people in front of you walking away with so many and (b) your show got a poster design that you love! :(
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited June 2017
      I just want this on my wall. It looks like a Harry Potter book cover but with Eddie. 
    F flippers
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    RC74272RC74272 Posts: 26

Mystery as to why a limit of one per person wasn't in place.  

London 2 now being sold on "the bay" for £175.

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Brad, thank you for sharing with us fans, awesome insight.

We appreciate it brother!
  • Options
    arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    When is the poster for londen 2 night for sale?
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    my2hands said:
    Brad, thank you for sharing with us fans, awesome insight.

We appreciate it brother!
    Was about to post the same thing.

I think it is so interesting to hear the insight and perspective from the artist.