• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 629
    Finally got my three albums from the ImportCDs sale:

Metallica - "Metallica"
    Nirvana - "In Utero"
    The Clash - "London Calling"

Then went on a little spree at my local shop yesterday:

-Foo Fighters - "Songs from the Laundry Room" EP, New
    -Cold War Kids - "LA Divine", New
    -Royal Blood - "Royal Blood", Used, $5.50 (!!!)
    -Chuck Berry - "20 Greatest Hits", Uses, $5

Plenty of listening to do this weekend!
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    Elliott Smith--Figure 8 (2017 uDiscover colored reissue)

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    Sleater-Kinney - Live In Paris
    Alice In Chains - Live Facelift

Sleater-Kinney - Live In Paris
    Alice In Chains - Live Facelift

Live in Paris is great!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,251
    mfc2006 said:

Nice! I love that album.
    How does it sound?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

mfc2006 said:

Nice! I love that album.
    How does it sound?
    Sounds fantastic! It's so nice to finally have this on vinyl. No idea why it took me so damn long to finally get it, but I'm glad I waited. Great pressing & a big fan of the colored vinyl!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,553
    mfc2006 said:

I only have his 1995 Self Titled album. Is this one in a similar vein/style? How does it match up? Thanks!

I really should get into his stuff more. The ST is excellent and I really, really like the book, Elliott Smith and the Big Nothing by Benjamin Nugent.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    mfc2006 said:

goldrush said:

mfc2006 said:

Nice! I love that album.
    How does it sound?
    Sounds fantastic! It's so nice to finally have this on vinyl. No idea why it took me so damn long to finally get it, but I'm glad I waited. Great pressing & a big fan of the colored vinyl!
    Looks great. I do hate when I get a beautiful colored wax, 180 grams, and they pack it in paper sleeves.
    edited April 2017
    brianlux said:

mfc2006 said:

I only have his 1995 Self Titled album. Is this one in a similar vein/style? How does it match up? Thanks!

I really should get into his stuff more. The ST is excellent and I really, really like the book, Elliott Smith and the Big Nothing by Benjamin Nugent.
    His debut album Roman Candle & S/T are in a similar style. (his posthumous "New Moon" is pretty stripped down as well) It evolved a bit more with Either/Or (more layers/instruments), and the rest (XO, Figure 8, From A Basement...) are really fleshed out with a full band, but sound full & beautiful. Here's one of my favorites from this album called "Son Of Sam"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afeAUndotas
    mrussel1 said:

mfc2006 said:

goldrush said:

mfc2006 said:

Nice! I love that album.
    How does it sound?
    Looks great. I do hate when I get a beautiful colored wax, 180 grams, and they pack it in paper sleeves.
    agreed. I need to order some more of those mofi replacement sleeves.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    If any of you are interested in the Elliott Smith colored reissues of Figure 8 or XO, here are the links. They are both limited to 500.

XO:
    https://us.udiscovermusic.com/products/xo-limited-edition-color-vinyl-lp

Figure 8:
    https://us.udiscovermusic.com/products/figure-8-limited-edition-color-vinyl-2lp

And if you're a big ES fan, pick this up as well....the price is insane & it's a great soundtrack.
    https://us.udiscovermusic.com/products/heaven-adores-you-soundtrack-vinyl-2lp
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Cool, thanks mfc!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:

Cool, thanks mfc!

you bet, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,251
    mfc2006 said:

If any of you are interested in the Elliott Smith colored reissues of Figure 8 or XO, here are the links. They are both limited to 500.

XO:

Figure 8:

And if you're a big ES fan, pick this up as well....the price is insane & it's a great soundtrack.

Damnit! There's a bunch of new albums coming out in the next few weeks and you go and tempt me with this!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
    Pre ordered Ghost In The Shell Deluxe Limited Edition over @ Amazon Canada. One of the greatest anime soundtracks of all time!

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    mfc2006 said:

XO:

Figure 8:

Who's Elliott Smith?
  • BigrfishBigrfish Edmonton, AB Canada Posts: 260
    Late to the party..Rival Sons - Hollow Bones
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    mfc2006 said:

Looks great!

Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I just sent back my Run the Jewels 3 LPs that arrived with a noticeably bent corner.
    It's too bad because it has a pretty impressive gatefold and gold color vinyl. I'll get another one.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    It's here, all the way fro Germany, safe and sound and ready to spin. Halle-effin-lujha!
    brianlux said:

I'm celebrating here (perhaps foolishly because you never know with on-line purchases) before it arrive because I am SO STOKED to have found a sort-of affordable AND SEALED copy of, J Mascis and the Fog's "More Light":

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,026
    A couple of recent pick ups.......

Colin Hay - Fierce Mercy

Heavy Blanket.....with J. Mascis

Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit

Colin Hay - Fierce Mercy

Have you listened to Heavy Blanket yet? What do you think of it?

Some interesting about that band- some say it's just J. Masis doing all parts, some say he really did look up his old buddies and made the LP.

• reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    New:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Have been meaning to show this one for a while, great live record..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
    New:
    2013 Reissue on Sire/Rhino Records.

Can't believe how long it took me to pick this record up, it's always been around in any record shop I go to, usually a beaten up older copy. I decided to go for a brand new reissue, so glad I did! This is a really good pressing, sound is phenomenal and this has quickly become one of my favourite ever albums. Talking Heads, what a band, so ahead of their time, masterful musicians, amazing interesting lyrics and some of the funkiest most interesting music I've ever heard. Really loving this period of the band..
    brianlux said:

Colin Hay - Fierce Mercy

Some interesting about that band- some say it's just J. Masis doing all parts, some say he really did look up his old buddies and made the LP.
    Brian,
    I really dig this album! All instrumental, heavy J. Mascis guitar solos and extended jams. A great album to play loud! If you're any kind of Dinosaur Jr. fan, you'll love it.

Cheers!
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit

brianlux said:

Colin Hay - Fierce Mercy

Brian,
    I really dig this album! All instrumental, heavy J. Mascis guitar solos and extended jams. A great album to play loud! If you're any kind of Dinosaur Jr. fan, you'll love it.

Cheers!
    I do have it, Big D and yes, very cool! Funny thing is, when I first got into Dinosaur Jr I didn't like J's singing voice. But it grew on me to the point where he's one of my favorite singers. So my only wish is that the Heavy Blanket album had some vocals on it. But yeah, the jams kick it, for sure!

reesdog said:

New:

Can't believe how long it took me to pick this record up, it's always been around in any record shop I go to, usually a beaten up older copy. I decided to go for a brand new reissue, so glad I did! This is a really good pressing, sound is phenomenal and this has quickly become one of my favourite ever albums. Talking Heads, what a band, so ahead of their time, masterful musicians, amazing interesting lyrics and some of the funkiest most interesting music I've ever heard. Really loving this period of the band..

Great record, Rees! I love all the stuff T.H. did with Eno. This is one of their quirkiest, and one of their best! Nice to know it's been re-issued so as to bring more fans on board!

brianlux said:

reesdog said:

New:

Great record, Rees! I love all the stuff T.H. did with Eno. This is one of their quirkiest, and one of their best! Nice to know it's been re-issued so as to bring more fans on board!
    Thanks Brian, yeah I've always been a casual fan of Talking Heads, but will be diving into their back catalogue much more now.. I've even ordered the Stop Making Sense blu-ray, which wasn't so easy to hunt down at a reasonable price.
    New:

Cavern Of Anti-Matter ‎- Void Beats / Invocation Trex.

3x Vinyl of post-rock, krautrock, synth-pop. Glorious..

10-16-2014 Detroit