Options

If you didn't get tickets, try these things...

Comments

• Options
    dstanfield80dstanfield80 Posts: 109
    edited January 2016

Show up with a piece of cardboard and marker. Has worked more than once!
    Post edited by dstanfield80 on
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349

Don't check 3rd party sites Friday night or this weekend. The asking price will frustrate you. The shows are weeks away. Those numbers will drop.

Unfortunately those numbers will only drop if the masses don't cave. Learned the hard way Seattle '13 and Denver '14. I agree with the OP though... DONT GIVE UP. If you really wanna see the show, go no matter what. They WILL release tickets eventually. I waited for 9 hrs at Key Arena in 2013 and ended up getting the best seats I've ever had for PJ
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    So a techy question... I read that if your phone and your computer are both connected via wifi you might be kicked out bc the IP address is the same. The recommendation was to use wireless data for the phone. I have a router and then an extension. They have 2 different wifi passwords. Are the IP addresses different? Is it ok to connect my phone to one and my computer to the other? Anybody?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    So I went into my local TM retail outlet (not wal-mart location) today to see what the set up was and if could get any info and was told that they won't have access to the PJ tickets because the shows are all on the east coast and they were saying that they only have access to regional shows i.e. Cali, Nevada, Washington. I am in Southern California. Anyone else thinks this odd or incorrect?
  • Options
    bbarna44bbarna44 Lincoln, NE Posts: 11
    On every website that I am searching for the TM tickets for tomorrow it says they go on sale at 12 noon, local time. Just to be sure, does this mean 12pm Philly/NYC time? I live in Nebraska and just want to make sure I'm late to the party.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,551

So I went into my local TM retail outlet (not wal-mart location) today to see what the set up was and if could get any info and was told that they won't have access to the PJ tickets because the shows are all on the east coast and they were saying that they only have access to regional shows i.e. Cali, Nevada, Washington. I am in Southern California. Anyone else thinks this odd or incorrect?

Nope
    It's always been that way.

For example I used to live in the DC area and could only get tickets for events in DC/MD/VA that were handled by the local TM "franchise".

If I wanted to get tickets for an event handled by the Philadelphia "franchise" than I had to go to an outlet within their operating area.

• Options

So a techy question... I read that if your phone and your computer are both connected via wifi you might be kicked out bc the IP address is the same. The recommendation was to use wireless data for the phone. I have a router and then an extension. They have 2 different wifi passwords. Are the IP addresses different? Is it ok to connect my phone to one and my computer to the other? Anybody?

This would be considered the same IP address. You should be able to test by googling "whatsmyip" from each connection to verify they are the same, but i'm almost positive they will be. Recommendation is to not connect your phone to wifi. Use your data..LTE, 4G, whatever you have
    Gorge
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783

This would be considered the same IP address. You should be able to test by googling "whatsmyip" from each connection to verify they are the same, but i'm almost positive they will be. Recommendation is to not connect your phone to wifi. Use your data..LTE, 4G, whatever you have
    Thank you
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

That is correct...
    I scored tickets for Moline by going to a TM outlet.
    I live in Ohio and got extremely lucky because the Illinois region was the westernmost region they were allowed to sell tickets for.
    We checked last week to see if Toronto would be available here in Ohio...
    it's CLOSER than Moline,
    but was told they did not sell that region here.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PANIC!!!
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,800
    edited January 2016
    my2hands said:

PANIC!!!

Couldn't even sleep last night
  • Options
    my2hands said:

PANIC!!!

At the DISCO!!!
  • Options
    Does anybody know if two people can be signed into same TM account? Also, is it still possible to buy tickets if you don't have an account on their website ? I searched around, but couldn't figure this out and tried to call them, but of course they are closed
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    Suziemay said:

I guess I should stop rocking myself back and forth in the corner and give it a shot ;) Thanks for the optimism, Vedd Hedd!

:lol:

or image
  • Options

Does anybody know if two people can be signed into same TM account? Also, is it still possible to buy tickets if you don't have an account on their website ? I searched around, but couldn't figure this out and tried to call them, but of course they are closed

you can sign into the same account multiple times, but if you want to search in multiple windows, you need to use two different browsers. Don't open two tabs in explorer. Open one in explorer and one in chrome, or firefox or something and you can log into your account on both, and search for tickets on both browsers without interrupting your searches. You must have an account to make a purchase.
    Gorge
  • Options
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to the OP or whoever suggested using the Tickemaster app. I had 2 computers, one ipad, and an iphone going all at the same time, and the app on my phone scored me tickets to Greenville, Raleigh and Columbia all before the computers or ipad would give me the option to buy any seats. I've always wanted to a "following" trip and it's finally going to happen. THANK YOU again!
    "Hail, Hail the lucky ones...I refer to those in love"
    Mansfield, MA 9/16/98, 8/29/00
    Charlotte, NC 4/16/03, 10/30/13 (10th Show!!)
    Atlanta, GA 4/19/03, 9/22/12
    Asheville, NC 10/6/04
    Columbia, SC 6/16/08, 4/21/16
    Alpine Valley, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11
    Greenville, SC 4/16/16
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,486
    Wasnt me, but glad it all worked out!
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    bump
  • Options
    tatonatastatonatas Argentina Posts: 48
    The app does not work in Argentina
    2005: 11/25 Argentina, 11/26 Argentina
    2011: 11/13 Argentina
    2013: 4/3 Argentina, 4/6 Chile, 10/18 Brooklyn
    2015: 11/4 Chile, 11/7 Argentina
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to the OP or whoever suggested using the Tickemaster app. I had 2 computers, one ipad, and an iphone going all at the same time, and the app on my phone scored me tickets to Greenville, Raleigh and Columbia all before the computers or ipad would give me the option to buy any seats. I've always wanted to a "following" trip and it's finally going to happen. THANK YOU again!

Awesome!! Enjoy!!
  • Options
    Adding an edit....if you and your friends can only find single tickets in separate sections...get them.

Chances are....you can switch with someone to sit with your friend. Somtimes, venues have bars or viewing areas overlooking the stage, so you just need a ticket and its actually a better spot. Just get in the building. Who cares if its 1 seat behind the stage. Get in the building.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Thanks OP. It is really crazy how much thinking and effort needed to put into getting a pair of tickets to a goddamn show.

With all good advice, I'm afraid I will have to end up buying on these resale sites so I've got one question:

Aren't TM sales over internet (or app) issued to names? If so, how do they end up on resale in 2ndary market sites? (This is the case in Europe, tickets are issued to names and only with ID with the ticket, you are allowed to entry into building.)

Thanks again.

What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    jumbojet said:

Thanks OP. It is really crazy how much thinking and effort needed to put into getting a pair of tickets to a goddamn show.

With all good advice, I'm afraid I will have to end up buying on these resale sites so I've got one question:

Aren't TM sales over internet (or app) issued to names? If so, how do they end up on resale in 2ndary market sites? (This is the case in Europe, tickets are issued to names and only with ID with the ticket, you are allowed to entry into building.)

Thanks again.

I've never had my ID checked to enter a live event in the US. Never ever.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    jumbojet said:

Thanks again.

Nope. Hard tix don't have names on them. E-tickets do and I'm not sure why, because they don't check IDs. There are some artists that do ticketless shows through TM where you would need your credit card to swipe for entry, but none of the PJ shows are ticketless.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Suziemay said:

jumbojet said:

Thanks again.

Nope. Hard tix don't have names on them. E-tickets do and I'm not sure why, because they don't check IDs. There are some artists that do ticketless shows through TM where you would need your credit card to swipe for entry, but none of the PJ shows are ticketless.
    any luck yet bud?
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Thank you. I have a feeling like; if the tickets were issued to names as E-tickets, there would be less scalping activity. :)
    Suziemay said:

What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    Just so I'm clear...My wife actually got through first on the TM app and she bought the tickets under her account. I haven't printed them yet but will when I get home. She won't be going to that particular show so will I have an issue using the printed tickets?
    Lallapalooza 8/20/92
    Atlanta 4/94
    Greenville 4/16/16
    Columbia 4/21/16
  • Options
    pjfan1971 said:

Just so I'm clear...My wife actually got through first on the TM app and she bought the tickets under her account. I haven't printed them yet but will when I get home. She won't be going to that particular show so will I have an issue using the printed tickets?

When you say "her account" do you mean 10c account or ticketmaster account?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    pjfan1971 said:

no
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:

pjfan1971 said:

When you say "her account" do you mean 10c account or ticketmaster account?
    Sorry, talking about ticketmaster.

I noticed on her account there is a "transfer" button so I'm guessing a buyer can transfer their tickets to another person. When I get home tonight I'll look into this a bit more.

Lallapalooza 8/20/92
    Atlanta 4/94
    Greenville 4/16/16
    Columbia 4/21/16