Options

If you didn't get tickets, try these things...

Comments

• Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Suziemay said:

I guess I should stop rocking myself back and forth in the corner and give it a shot ;) Thanks for the optimism, Vedd Hedd!

Does the rocking come with drooling? Cos that's a helluva look you'd be rocking, SuMay ;)

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Nice thread OP... ( compared to all the negative horror story ones that been popping up lately). . good advice to all that need it !
  • Options
    Thanks for the post. Alot of good info I wasn't aware of.

I'll be on the TM app @ 12 on Friday but if I don't get anything, I'll keep checking up until the day of the show(s).
    Lallapalooza 8/20/92
    Atlanta 4/94
    Greenville 4/16/16
    Columbia 4/21/16
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Vedd Hedd i post this is facebook and so many people find it so helpful..thanks man
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,486

Vedd Hedd i post this is facebook and so many people find it so helpful..thanks man

Good call.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    CC9172CC9172 northern new jersey Posts: 124
    On Ticketmaster there does not appear to be any presale dates listed for Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    So, just for that one show? Wonder how they choose which show(s)?
    Lallapalooza 8/20/92
    Atlanta 4/94
    Greenville 4/16/16
    Columbia 4/21/16
  • Options
    ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    Anyone know the code?
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Vedd Hedd said:

Suziemay said:

I guess I should stop rocking myself back and forth in the corner and give it a shot ;) Thanks for the optimism, Vedd Hedd!

did u get any tickets girl?
    I'm a MAN! :)

And this time, I did, yes.

LOL, i just saw that you quoted someone. Duh! :) disregard.
    I'm glad we cleared that up :lol:
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    IamTom said:

Suziemay said:

Does the rocking come with drooling? Cos that's a helluva look you'd be rocking, SuMay ;)

Drool, vomit, periodically yelling out for Mommy...

It's not pretty.
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Suziemay said:

IamTom said:

Suziemay said:

Drool, vomit, periodically yelling out for Mommy...

It's not pretty.
    So pretty much an exorcist vibe going on. That's true dedication, you'll score tix :)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    Anyone have ay recent experience buying tickets at sale time @ Ticketmaster Retail outlet? Found one close to me that is not a Wal-Mart location and am wondering if that would be my best bet. Can you select your seat? Do they give you multiple choices? Is their system quicker/smoother and have less chance for error than doing yourself online? Any info or past experiences would be great, thanks.
  • Options
    the problem with the TM outlets near me is that if there more than 2 people in line they have to do a lottery. might not be a big deal but could be slower than using a pc, app, etc.
    Lallapalooza 8/20/92
    Atlanta 4/94
    Greenville 4/16/16
    Columbia 4/21/16
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2016
    Vedd Hedd said:

Inevitably, people sometimes don't get tickets. That said here are some steps I usually go through.

Other Presale. Radio Stations all have presales like Toronto on the 28th. Look for passwords, sign up, etc. http://www.edge.ca/

Subscribe to the email list of the venue. (Thanks PearlJamVS)

Great tips
    Fixed
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    Some great ideas! Thanks for sharing!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options

Anyone have ay recent experience buying tickets at sale time @ Ticketmaster Retail outlet? Found one close to me that is not a Wal-Mart location and am wondering if that would be my best bet. Can you select your seat? Do they give you multiple choices? Is their system quicker/smoother and have less chance for error than doing yourself online? Any info or past experiences would be great, thanks.

Take your phone with you, and tether an IPAD if you have one. That way you can pull on your phone in case you end up in line behind someone. Should be easy enough to pull on the app. TM also has an automated phone system for purchasing tickets, but its pretty slow and usually works best for shows with really long wait times.866-448-7849. You need to call early and get into the system before its all busy signals. Once in, you can ask the system about other events....stalling until go time. You can also say "start over" as a way to stall.
    Gorge
  • Options
    All good stuff here! Ultimately, if you're patient but persistent, you'll be in the building, and you won't have to sell an organ to do so. Great thread!
    Red Rocks 6/19/95 * Rapid City 6/24/98 * EV Vegas 11/1/12 * EV Tulsa 11/19/12 * Wrigley Field 7/19/13 * Brooklyn 10/19/13 * Philly 10/21/13 * Philly 10/22/13 * Hartford 10/25/13 * OKC 11/16/13 * Tulsa 10/8/2014 * Lincoln 10/9/2014 * Moline 10/17/2014 * St Paul 10/19/2014 * Greenville 4/16/16 * Philly 4/28/16 * Philly 4/29/16 * MSG 5/1/16 * MSG 5/2/16 * Wrigley 8/20/16 * Seattle 8/8/18 * Seattle 8/10/18 * Wrigley 8/18/18 * Asbury Park 9/18/21 * St Louis 9/18/22 * Denver 9/22/22 * St Paul 8/31/23
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Don't even care enough to try
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    What is "get your wallet ready" Alex?
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    Vedd Hedd said:

Inevitably, people sometimes don't get tickets. That said, if you are new to the 10C, here are some steps I usually go through. In 20 years, I have only missed 1 show that i wanted to go to...the Vic Chicago 10C only show.

1. 10C lottery. This is your best chance at the best tickets. If this fails:
    2. 10C message board. I have sold (face value) my extra here once, and also got someone's extra. 10c seats, face, and a new friend.
    3. 10C presale. On some occasions, 10C will offer TM presale codes after the 10c sale. This is a bit rare, but it has happened before.
    4. Other Presale. Radio Stations, credit cards, etc all have presales. Look for passwords, sign up, etc.
    5. Public Onsale. This one generally sucks, because of the hoops you have to jump through, but its the biggest allotment of tix.
    6. Dont go to a 3rd party resale just yet....inevitably....people get busy, cant go, etc. See Step 2....keep posting on the message board.
    7. Keep checking the public onsale sites. Tickets are usually released after the main sale. People's cards decline, etc, so tickets are rereleased.
    8. Get a single ticket. My brother and I got single tickets for Springsteen, in 2 separate sections, and talked to people to switch seats and we sat together. Worked out great.
    9. 3rd party. This is probably expensive, so this is your worst option...but dont freak out and go here 10 minutes after the public onsale because you struck out. Wait, be patient, and prices come down.
    10. See step 7. If that fails...go to the show anyway. There is ALWAYS someone selling a face value ticket. The venue gets tickets released on the day of the show all the time.
    11. Ed would suggest you try to sneak in. I would not suggest that...but hey...he did it.
    Additional Edits:
    12. Subscribe to the email list of the venue. (Thanks PearlJamVS)
    13. See if you can find a season ticket holder of the sports team for that venue. They sometimes get presales we dont hear about.

Again...I have seen them 50+ times and only ONCE was I denied a ticket after trying all of the above. ONCE. And that was a RARE 10Club member only event.

Thank you :)

London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Vedd Hedd said:

Should also add that if you go the public sale rout that you probably have a better chance going to a ticketmaster outlet at the time of the onsale instead of trying online. I believe several wal marts have ticketmaster outlets now.

hmm, interesting. The problem I see here is that people would be in line in front of you.

OMG, anyone else remember having to do THAT????

Many hours of my life were spent standing in the parking lot of the mall, waiting to snake through the store to the TM kiosk. Oh yes. Hours and hours.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Vedd Hedd said:

Should also add that if you go the public sale rout that you probably have a better chance going to a ticketmaster outlet at the time of the onsale instead of trying online. I believe several wal marts have ticketmaster outlets now.

hmm, interesting. The problem I see here is that people would be in line in front of you.

Many hours of my life were spent standing in the parking lot of the mall, waiting to snake through the store to the TM kiosk. Oh yes. Hours and hours.
    Those were the days when shows didnt sell out in 3 minutes.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    mpar17mpar17 Posts: 161
    Well done. I have new hope for Msg#1.
    96 Hartford
    98 Hartford
    10 Hartford
    13 Hartford
    14 Denver
    16 MSG 1+2, Fenway 2
  • Options
    julicnjulicn Posts: 88
    I'm from Brazil and I want to go to some concert(s) in USA. The problem is I'm new at Ten Club, I didn't read the email about the lottery and I lost it. Now I'll try some of this options. But I have some questions:
    1- Is there a difference between the Ten club ‘s GA tickets and the GA tickets of the public's sale?
    2- If I got a GA ticket for Fenway (Boston), should I arrive at stadium very early to get a spot at the front? Because here in Brazil, I arrived almost 12 hours early in order to got a good place. And this sucks.

2005: Curitiba
    2011: Sao Paulo 1 & 2, Curitiba
    2013: Sao Paulo
    2015: Porto Alegre, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio

Eddie Vedder 2014: São Paulo 1, 2, 3
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,562
    Vedd Hedd said:

deadendp said:

Vedd Hedd said:

Those were the days when shows didnt sell out in 3 minutes.
    I remember shows selling out really fast even then though. I recall a Pink Floyd stadium show selling out in something like 15 minutes in 1994. The massive line at the TM booth in which we'd waited for about 8 hours barely moved during those 15 minutes. Luckily about 5 minutes after they announced the sell-out they announced a second show.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Step 2 (10C forum) worked for me for at least 5 shows. I sat row 2 twice, 3 once...met friends from all over North America. I wish I had extras to hook people up but it seems tougher now more than ever to nab tickets. The 10club kindness is great and I hope you get to experience it. I traveled alone to cities I'd never been & to meet people I didn't know all on the trust that 10C members would hold up their end of the arrangement which never failed me. Good luck to all the adventurers! Go get your tickets!
  • Options
    MissLinzzMissLinzz Boynton Beach, FL Posts: 76
    Does anyone know of any presales?
    05-12-06 Albany || 10-15-13 Worcester 1 || 10-16-13 Worcester 2 || 5-1-16 MSG 1 || 5-2-16 MSG 2 || 8-5-16 Fenway 1 || 8-7-16 Fenway 2 || 9-2-18 Fenway 1 || 9-4-18 Fenway 2 || 5-3-22 San Diego || 5-6-22 LA 1 || 5-7-22 LA 2 || 9-8-22 Toronto 

"At night the sky grows dark with fallen stars"
  • Options
    MissLinzz said:

Does anyone know of any presales?

The Edge in Toronto.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Just bumping this. If you dont get tickets via the presale or the public sale, there are ways to get tickets where you dont ahve to resort to scalpers and 3rd party sites.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.