Options

Pearl Jam to Headline Global Citizen Festival

Comments

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Jesus, I may actually see the Mets clinch the division right before I see Pearl Jam play in Central Park tomorrow!!!!

My brain cannot comprehend it all.

Holy freaking crap!!!
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options

http://www.siriusxm.com/pearljamradio/weeklyschedule

Demitrios discovered that link. That seems legit to me.

You would think that if they are airing it live and it's set to end at 10 and ran over ten minutes they would just continue the broadcast.

Point being why would they alot an extra 45 mins if not necessary. They can press play on the PJ iPod at anytime on the station.

Plus 10:45 seems like a specific time to end it.

And the curfew is probably 11 so by ending at 10:45 it gives the event some time to bank for small delays.

I've changed my mind 10 times today. They are playing 1:45.

Strict curfew is 10

Central Park/Venue Sound Limitations: 95dB
    95dB is the maximum sound level (‘A’ weighted fast) within Central Park and the Rumsey Playfield venue,
    as measured from the front of house mix position 110’ from the stage
    No amplified sound is allowed within Central Park and the Rumsey Playfield venue…
    prior to 10:30am
    after the strict 10:00pm curfew
  • Options
    If anyone was looking to swap 2 VIP tickets for 2 GA and I will kick in some $$$ let me know, how much you are looking for. I thought I saw someone earlier on the thread look to do that.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    Will be super fun tonight!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948
    Are you ready for tonight's main event? Pearl Jam's Global Citizen Festival on SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio Channel 22 at 9:15pm ET. Ah yeah! :)
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited September 2015
    CAN WE GET A REAL FUCKING SCHEDULE?

curfew for event has always been 10pm... pj broadcast is clearly on a delay, just like the grateful dead fare thee well broadcasts were this summer...

The question is do they play for 1:15 or 1:45?

If it's 1:15 I may just watch from home
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    This is just dumb. Is the strict curfew 10:00 or 11:00. We all agree it's strict. Will we ever get some sort of communication? Maybe the fan club will let us know in the October 10th email
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Still looking for today's official schedule. Last year's looked like this ..

• Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,496
    demetrios said:

Still looking for today's official schedule. Last year's looked like this ..

Well that scares me if curfew really is 10
  • Options
    what happened to that one prediction that they would go on at 8:20 or 8:22?
  • Options
    Guys, it is a 6-7 hour long 'Festival', with many different acts that were selected to cross over to many tastes, not a Pearl Jam only show. I am certainly hoping for as long as a set as I can get tonight, and PJ is like 90%-95% of the reason I am going, but some people here seem to think this is just for us. I know no one is gonna do this, but here's a wacky idea. Go out early this afternoon, have a few beers and a nice lunch. Head over to the biggest concert event taking place on the fucking planet today in the middle of the best city in the world on what looks like it's gonna be a gorgeous day(maybe even prior to 6PM or 7PM), sneak some of your drugs of choice in, then listen to music, talk to some people, chill the hell out a little bit...... THEN, get to see Pearl Jam play for however long they play for to end a wonderful, eventful day. Me thinks this is a better way to approach the upcoming hours then freaking out over 30 minutes of a 7 hour festival.

Just a thought.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,828
    Saltzy23 said:

Guys, it is a 6-7 hour long 'Festival', with many different acts that were selected to cross over to many tastes, not a Pearl Jam only show. I am certainly hoping for as long as a set as I can get tonight, and PJ is like 90%-95% of the reason I am going, but some people here seem to think this is just for us. I know no one is gonna do this, but here's a wacky idea. Go out early this afternoon, have a few beers and a nice lunch. Head over to the biggest concert event taking place on the fucking planet today in the middle of the best city in the world on what looks like it's gonna be a gorgeous day(maybe even prior to 6PM or 7PM), sneak some of your drugs of choice in, then listen to music, talk to some people, chill the hell out a little bit...... THEN, get to see Pearl Jam play for however long they play for to end a wonderful, eventful day. Me thinks this is a better way to approach the upcoming hours then freaking out over 30 minutes of a 7 hour festival.

Just a thought.

Great advice and I wish I could follow it lol. I just can't help to obsess about the schedule! It would be nice to know but I'll do my best to try and forget about it.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    10 pm strict curfew
    the same for all shows in the park
    expect 90 mins or less tonight
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    Not going to be a long set, but every second of it will be Pearl Jam in Central Park. Maybe for the only time ever. Enjoy it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    edited September 2015
    ALSO, there are less "Headliners" than last year. It was Tiesto, Alicia Keys, The Roots, Fun, Carrie Underwood, No Doubt and Jay.... All listed on the poster. 2015 has only 4. Usher and whoever they added will get one or 2 songs. This lineup gives Beyonce and PJ longer to play. It just kinda hit me in the face this morning....DUH!!!
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    I would bet money they will be on a delay on the satellite radio. When the Dead did their Chicago shows over the summer the Grateful Dead station said they would air them live. Turns out live meant a 1 hour delay. My guess is they go on at 8:30 and play til 10 but it airs from 9:15-10:45
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Saltzy23 said:

Just a thought.

And another thought is that we all on this forum committed to block this day off to see PJ, touted as "the headliner", a while ago but have zero interest in the other acts, let alone getting lectured for half hour clips on how bad we all are (while no booze is served) and be blackmailed into listening to vague generalities about how we can make the world a better place in order to hear a little music. I'm sure Ed will tell us enough during PJ's set, and most of us don't want to listen to the finance minister of Moldova and the ceo of ConocoPhillips blather on when we could all be somewhere actually enjoying a few beverages. The whole elitist setup of only VIP 1 and the celebrities can drink (all the want at an open bar) is kind of bullshit. Your advice to sneak in drugs to deal with it may work, but have you read about security for this event? It will be very thorough, so you may wanna re think that. The First Lady will be there and no policeman wants to be the guy that missed something so assume everything on you will be found. They have been deliberately misleading with set times as a way to trick people in to showing up earlier than they have to in order for it to look all shiny and special on the TV sets at home.

Just a(nother) thought.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    todwyer said:

I would bet money they will be on a delay on the satellite radio. When the Dead did their Chicago shows over the summer the Grateful Dead station said they would air them live. Turns out live meant a 1 hour delay. My guess is they go on at 8:30 and play til 10 but it airs from 9:15-10:45

This makes sense.
    IMHO, 95% chance PJ is the final act. On the posters , the video I saw, they are listed on top. That 8:20 start time for PJ makes sense to me. Coldplay already confirmed as first, saw a tweet from a Ed Sheeran twitter account that says he comes on at 5:40.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,572
    Colplay 4:05-4:40
    Tori Kelly 4:40-5:00
    Ed Sheeran 5:20-6:05
    Sunidhi Chauhan 6:20-6:30
    Common 6:50-7:05
    Beyonce 7:15-8:30
    PJ 9:00-10:15
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    100 Pacer said:

Colplay 4:05-4:40
    Tori Kelly 4:40-5:00
    Ed Sheeran 5:20-6:05
    Sunidhi Chauhan 6:20-6:30
    Common 6:50-7:05
    Beyonce 7:15-8:30
    PJ 9:00-10:15

Speculation? Fact?

Post above says Sheeran Twitter confirmed he comes on at 540
  • Options
    Fact
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

Fact

Ok. Even though the curfew is 10 not 10:15 and Ed Sheeran Twitter says he comes on at 545? I'm not trying to be a dick just trying to make sense if all these conflicting schedule reports.
  • Options
    This is what's being posted at the Volcom store by their staffer.

• Options
    100 Pacer said:

This is what's being posted at the Volcom store by their staffer.

Ok thanks fir the info I guess lol. Wow what a confusing subject the schedule has become lol
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    I have been less worried about the exact set times and more worried about whether Pearl Jam is last or not. I have no inside info at all, but I feel pretty confident PJ is last. Whether it is 8:20 or 9:00 doesn't matter, I will get in there around 7pm or so.
  • Options
    I'm sitting on a bus right now next to a 20-ish girl who is cute as can be. She said she worships Beyonce, and this is her first big trip to NY alone, and to see a show like this. I think it's great. I'd rather hang out with her all day than a grumpy Pearl Jam fan pissin about the festival logistics.

Just another thought.
  • Options

I'm sitting on a bus right now next to a 20-ish girl who is cute as can be. She said she worships Beyonce, and this is her first big trip to NY alone, and to see a show like this. I think it's great. I'd rather hang out with her all day than a grumpy Pearl Jam fan pissin about the festival logistics.

Just another thought.

Now that's what I'm talking about!
  • Options
    Ok, important stuff -according to my wife! Can a purse be brought in?
    8/25/98 Pittsburgh
    9/5/00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh
    9/26/15 Global Citizen Festival - New York
    4/28/16 Philadelphia
    4/7/17 Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    9/2/18 Boston 1
    9/5/18 Boston 2
    9/6/22 Hamilton
    9/8/22 Toronto
    9/11/22 New York
    9/5/23 Chicago
    9/7/23 Chicago
    9/18/23 Austin
    9/19/23 Austin
  • Options

Ok, important stuff -according to my wife! Can a purse be brought in?

Hi, I'm not sure if this was posted yet but this is what the VIP tickets say about what is permitted and what is not.

***STANDING ONLY*** GATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
    NO ADMITTANCE WITHOUT TICKET – NOT FOR SALE OR REDEEMABLE TICKET HOLDERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS THRU SECURITY SCREENING.
    PROHIBITED ITEMS: Alcohol, Audio Recording Devices, Backpacks, Bicycles or Scooters, Blankets, CamelBaks, Chains/Chain Wallets, Cameras larger than point-and-shot
    (if you can remove the lens don’t bring it), Chairs, Coolers, Fireworks, Flags, Frisbees, Glass/Metal Containers, Illegal drugs/ Paraphernalia, Laser pens or similar focused light, Musical instruments, Pets/Animals, Refunds or Exchanges, Selfie Sticks, Skateboards, Smoking, Sports balls, Tents, Tripods, Umbrellas, Unlicensed vending of any kind, Weapons, Video recording equipment, Water squirt Guns.
    THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE ALLOWED: All Ages Welcome, Cell Phones, Digital Cameras (non-Pro), Disposable cameras, Earplugs, Fanny Packs, Film Cameras (Non-Pro), Hats, Lighters, Small Beach Towel, Strollers (with toddler/ infant), Sun Block, Sunglasses, Walkie Talkie, Great Energy & Attitude.