Options

Lost Dogs Colored vinyl on eBay

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    Horse2345 said:

Zod said:

demetrios said:

It just sucks eBay are continuing to let these sellers sell their pirated illegal Pearl Jam goodies. For many year's we used to contact 10club about pirated / unofficial CD & DVD's that would sell on eBay. They were taken care of, well, most of them. Now there is so much that nothing can be done. It's like the bands & companies don't have a say on their item that's being sold on eBay. If it's pirated or not.

What happens if the bootleg is being sold from a country where it's not illegal? Thus the seller isn't committing any crimes in the country they live in? Copyright laws in North America are pretty harsh and it would be near impossible to make/sell bootlegs here, but our way of law doesn't extend everywhere? Thus does ebay have an obligation (outside of possiblly a moral one) to pull down listings originating from countries where the goods aren't illegal.
    That's it exactly. Copyright laws are different in Europe that's why they can sell them in stores.
    Ah. The different copyright laws each country offers. Totally forgot about that. Argh!! Like when Pearl Jam played Mexico back in 2011 where there were fields, countless fields, of tents selling bootlegged Pearl Jam merchandise outside the arena Pearl Jam was playing. The band & company couldn't do anything about that, cause that countries law on copyright. Gotcha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX-v8kC-8n4
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,233
    demetrios said:

Horse2345 said:

Zod said:

demetrios said:

It just sucks eBay are continuing to let these sellers sell their pirated illegal Pearl Jam goodies. For many year's we used to contact 10club about pirated / unofficial CD & DVD's that would sell on eBay. They were taken care of, well, most of them. Now there is so much that nothing can be done. It's like the bands & companies don't have a say on their item that's being sold on eBay. If it's pirated or not.

What happens if the bootleg is being sold from a country where it's not illegal? Thus the seller isn't committing any crimes in the country they live in? Copyright laws in North America are pretty harsh and it would be near impossible to make/sell bootlegs here, but our way of law doesn't extend everywhere? Thus does ebay have an obligation (outside of possiblly a moral one) to pull down listings originating from countries where the goods aren't illegal.
    That's it exactly. Copyright laws are different in Europe that's why they can sell them in stores.
    Ah. The different copyright laws each country offers. Totally forgot about that. Argh!! Like when Pearl Jam played Mexico back in 2011 where there were fields, countless fields, of tents selling bootlegged Pearl Jam merchandise outside the arena Pearl Jam was playing. The band & company couldn't do anything about that, cause that countries law on copyright. Gotcha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX-v8kC-8n4
    Dang there was some sweet bootleg stuff there.

UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,531
    demetrios said:

Quick to buy? I'm purchasing unofficial pirated Pearl Jam bootlegs? And posting about all these vinyl bootlegs coming from Europe? Dude, I think you have the wrong guy. :/

Remember this thing:

If you're buying these type of unofficial crap bootlegs from Amazon or elsewhere and advertising the stuff here, you're enabling the bootleggers. Which is why I was confused about your frustration with the bootlegs being sold/auctioned if you're handing your cash over for them? Also confused as to how the origin of said bootlegs makes a difference in the grand scheme of things?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    100 Pacer said:

demetrios said:

Quick to buy? I'm purchasing unofficial pirated Pearl Jam bootlegs? And posting about all these vinyl bootlegs coming from Europe? Dude, I think you have the wrong guy. :/

Remember this thing:

If you're buying these type of unofficial crap bootlegs from Amazon or elsewhere and advertising the stuff here, you're enabling the bootleggers. Which is why I was confused about your frustration with the bootlegs being sold/auctioned if you're handing your cash over for them? Also confused as to how the origin of said bootlegs makes a difference in the grand scheme of things?
    Yes, I remember. It was sold over @ http://www.banquetrecords.com/EDDIEREGGAE . Dozens of colors. I asked 10club about it, and never got an info back from them. The company sold many MANY various colored vinyl copies for months. Banquet Records, a record store in UK. I posted about it. Is there a harm that I posted about it? May others wanted to know more about it as well. Was never done by Sony Music / Monkey Wrench Records. It's not a pirated copy. Plus the tracks were never pressed on vinyl or released on CD, like ever!

The product we are talking about here, this thread, are pirated Pearl Jam albums. It is illegal. The original official vinyls were sold @ pearljam.com & stores across the world. An official Sony Music release.Totally different then the Ed 7" singles I posted above. I do not promote pirated PJ products, like you think I do. This is totally different.

ps .. the unofficial Pearl Jam DVD's you see on Amazon Canada & USA, they do pay royalties to Pearl Jam. You know the one's. In Their Own Words, Long Strange Road, See No Evil Hear No Evil etc.. If they weren't paying royalties you don't think Pearl Jam Co wouldn't have these taken off the website already. This Pearl Jam site uses AWS | Amazon Simple Storage Service. So there shouldn't be a problem for PJ to take those release down from Amazon USA. No? hmm ...
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    All studio albums should be as available through pearljam.com in all formats. When cd bootlegging got out of control pj countered with releasing the boots themselves. Its time for them to do the same with vinyl. There is zero reason why studio records are limited edition, especially from the dudes that tell us to spin the black circles and let the records play.
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    The Akkus said:

There is zero reason why studio records are limited edition, especially from the dudes that tell us to spin the black circles and let the records play.

There is one very good reason, actually. Everything up to and including Avocado is property of Sony, not Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    Well that would be a good reason lol

Does PJ not have any say in the formats that are released? How about the Ten/VS/Vitalogy box sets that were release and are still available? How did the guys get that approved?
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    I am against buying illegal bootlegs and I wish people would stop buying them.

I am very sad to see that the illegal Lost Dogs bootleg is posted for $300 USD. That pricing will definitely fool less knowledgeable people into thinking they are buying an official release. They are going to get SO screwed! I don't like these thing when they're cheap, but when they are being posted for and being bought for hundreds of dollars, it REALLY bugs me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,201
    edited November 2014
    The Akkus said:

Well that would be a good reason lol

Does PJ not have any say in the formats that are released? How about the Ten/VS/Vitalogy box sets that were release and are still available? How did the guys get that approved?

I imagine they do have say. My gut instinct as to why they haven't release them yet is they want to sell deluxe boxsets again. If they sell the standalone vinyl first people would be hesitent to double dip. IE to maximize profits, put the boxset out when the vinyl gets released. Thus I think they have a say. Does the record label even care? 5000 is a decently sized RSD vinyl pressing. 10000 is probably more than ample... do record labels make enough of vinyl to give a crap? I imagine PJ would need to instigate, and Sony would probably give it a rubber stamp.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The Akkus said:

All studio albums should be as available through pearljam.com in all formats. When cd bootlegging got out of control pj countered with releasing the boots themselves. Its time for them to do the same with vinyl. There is zero reason why studio records are limited edition, especially from the dudes that tell us to spin the black circles and let the records play.

The studio records aren't limited edition. The runs were small because there weren't many people interested in vinyl when those albums came out. I bought No Code during the Yield tour etc.. years after it was pressed. The PJ albums had a healthy shelf life (except for Avacodo which was only sold on the 10c website). The pressings were small because people weren't buying vinyl, not because Sony/PJ/10c artificially limited the supply. I thought it was worth pointing out.

That being said it would be nice if they start reissuing the vinyl due to the short supply due to the lack of vinyl demand in the 90s and 00s.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,855

The Akkus said:

There is zero reason why studio records are limited edition, especially from the dudes that tell us to spin the black circles and let the records play.

There is one very good reason, actually. Everything up to and including Avocado is property of Sony, not Pearl Jam.
    Exactly right. They don't own it, PJ probably just have a say and get royalties. Hence no rush on the re releases. Yes we are all asking for it, but there isn't much profit in Sony doing it, it's not worth the little money they would make from the hard core pj fans (which there aren't a ton of).

Same reason why Dredg (another great band) will never release one of the best albums (Catch without arms) on vinyl, they don't own it. They can only beg Interscope to re release it and there's no money in it for them because there won't be a ton of sales.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890

Almost every major record store in Seattle sells "Unofficial Releases".

Just Saying...
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    Zod said:

The Akkus said:

The studio records aren't limited edition. The runs were small because there weren't many people interested in vinyl when those albums came out. I bought No Code during the Yield tour etc.. years after it was pressed. The PJ albums had a healthy shelf life (except for Avacodo which was only sold on the 10c website). The pressings were small because people weren't buying vinyl, not because Sony/PJ/10c artificially limited the supply. I thought it was worth pointing out.

That being said it would be nice if they start reissuing the vinyl due to the short supply due to the lack of vinyl demand in the 90s and 00s.
    any idea how many copies of Avocado were pressed?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

Nope. It wasn't really L.E. either, it's only that pearl jam/10c didn't make them available to retail for purchase.

• Options
    Zod said:

lolobugg said:

Nope. It wasn't really L.E. either, it's only that pearl jam/10c didn't make them available to retail for purchase.

yeah. I missed out on it and judging by the prices on the secondary market it was a typical PJ pressing run like all the years 1996-2009.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

Zod said:

The Akkus said:

I have seen the number 2000 thrown around a lot, but I have never seen any actual evidence of this. No clue if that's true or anywhere near true, or just a false rumour. I have asked around and no one seems to actually know so far! So if anyone has a real reason as to how or why this 2000 number exists please let us know!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,017
    edited November 2014
    Zod said:

The Akkus said:

To back this up, I remember the 2005 newsletter having Riot Act and Lost Dogs LPs for sale for somewhere between $15 and $30. These records were two and three years old respectively, 10c couldn't get rid of them.

Also, I remember the Avocado LP coming out sometime during the tour (the first time we even saw and LP for this album was on Letterman) and it was available for quite a while after its release.

Oh, and as for this thread, I can't believe people are spending more than $25 on these things. I get wanting to have a copy of the record to play, however I'd rather have $50 (or more) in my pocket than buying a bootleg. Just listen to the cd.
    Post edited by Ryan on
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I have spent hundreds on one PJ album, and it's worth every penny to me. :) I don't do CDs anymore really (I still have a ton of them, but never play them), and I don't do illegal bootlegs, and I don't do waiting for years and years to see if they're reissued, so I'm really left with two options: don't spend a lot on the vinyl and be unable to spin it, or spend money and spin them. The choice was incredible easy! :) I don't mind spending money on things I get a lot of pleasure out of! It's not the record that originally cost $20 that I'm paying for. I'm paying for the joy of spinning them. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

lolobugg said:

Zod said:

The Akkus said:

I have seen the number 2000 thrown around a lot, but I have never seen any actual evidence of this. No clue if that's true or anywhere near true, or just a false rumour. I have asked around and no one seems to actually know so far! So if anyone has a real reason as to how or why this 2000 number exists please let us know!
    I've seen that number too. If that is correct it would be as rare as a Benny. Maybe that is where the rumour started. someone confusing the two?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    edited November 2014
    lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

lolobugg said:

Zod said:

The Akkus said:

I've seen that number too. If that is correct it would be as rare as a Benny. Maybe that is where the rumour started. someone confusing the two?
    Yeah, maybe. It seems like an incredibly small number for a studio album, which is why I'm skeptical. On the other hand, 2006 was during the real low point as far as vinyl sales go, so perhaps PJ pressed a ridiculously small number because of that. I really want to know! I can't believe there is no definitive answer... usually everything there is to know is known somehow! I even emailed 10C about it once. They never responded... I guess it's a secret! :-??
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

lolobugg said:

Zod said:

The Akkus said:

Yeah, maybe. It seems like an incredibly small number for a studio album, which is why I'm skeptical. On the other hand, 2006 was during the real low point as far as vinyl sales go, so perhaps PJ pressed a ridiculously small number because of that. I really want to know! I can't believe there is no definitive answer... usually everything there is to know is known somehow! I even emailed 10C about it about once. They never responded... I guess it's a secret! :-??
    Well,
    if you ever get an answer share it with me please.
    inquiring minds want to know :-/

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    my question is this?
    PJ is a band built on bootlegs. no one has a problem with any of the cds that have been rolling since 92/93. why is there a problem with these. do you honestly think those couple hundred records are going to change PJs bottom line. i look at them as novelty items for the collector. if you don't want one don't buy one.
    ebay does block them. try listing a Pink Floyd boot. i had a PJ cd from a box set taken down is less than 24 hours much to my surprise.
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    wow
    white, yellow, green, red, blue $125
    they went crazy!
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    2003, Virgin Megastore downtown Chicago. Countless rows of Pj vinyl. Like 30 copies of Binaural. All priced under $20.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

2003, Virgin Megastore downtown Chicago. Countless rows of Pj vinyl. Like 30 copies of Binaural. All priced under $20.

If only you could go back in time....
    I remember buying Vs on vinyl when it first came out, but decided that CDs were better so I never bothered with buying the rest on vinyl. What an idiot I was!!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136

The Akkus said:

Commercial impracticability, I guess...

... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    edited November 2014
    lolobugg said:

I don't know but I remember I paid 16 bucks for the waxes and 14 for shipping to Argentina, which at the time were only 90 ARS... To get the information you are looking for go to www.pjcollectors.com.
    Post edited by javis el errante on

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I have spent hundreds on one PJ album, and it's worth every penny to me. [...]. I don't mind spending money on things I get a lot of pleasure out of! It's not the record that originally cost $20 that I'm paying for. I'm paying for the joy of spinning them. ;)

This. Been there, done that. And currency exchange isn't on my side, specially nowadays, but vinyl freak gotta go what vinyl freak gotta do.

• Options

If only you could go back in time....
    I remember buying Vs on vinyl when it first came out, but decided that CDs were better so I never bothered with buying the rest on vinyl. What an idiot I was!!
    I consider myself lucky. I wasn't a big fan of No Code when it came out and started drifting away from PJ. Then Yield came out and I was back on the bandwagon. I bought Yield on Vinyl from a local store (Yield was also my bridge between Vitalogy and No Code... after listening to Yield I rapidly grew to love No Code). I was traveling across Canada when the N.A. Yield tour started so we cheated and drove down to Missoua. I was so hooked after the live show I wanted all the Vinyl. I bought Ten and Vs in Halifax, and No Code in Saskatoon on the way back. From then on I bought the vinyl as it came out (except for lo2l which I stumbled into my accident when my brother pointed it out for $15 in a local record stores bargain bin). It never occured to me back in the day that they would become so valuable.. I always thought Vinyl was cool so I wanted my favourate band on vinyl.

I see all these people struggling to buy PJ vinyl and I have all these memories of walking into records stores and seeing them all the time.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say. It's such a crazy change in Vinyl popularity in the last 10 years. I guess digital music has something to do with it. You don't really need cd's (except to collect). A cd quality flac sounds identical to a cd and is more portable. When cd's no longer offer additional convenience, I guess that made people say were cool with digital versions for travelling, and records for home.

• Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    edited November 2014
    Damn. I feel pretty lucky. I have every official release (besides Ben) and bought all my PJ vinyl from the record store or pj.com for face value except Binaural and No Code (each for about $60 on eBay). Missed Benaroya because I was studying in Europe at the time and not really paying attention to anything. Oh well. It's weird how they were all so easy to get back then. I do feel like there was a change around '05, '06 for some unknown reason.
    Post edited by october22 on