London 2012 Olympics

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,176
    That tiny island of JAMAICA sure is showing their dominance in the track and field speed events in BOTH men's and women's. Just awesome. Relays up next.

bolt-200.gif

jamaica.gif

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    297601_411536995560877_567391627_n.jpg
    :lol: This topic interests me, because I know (well, knew) Ross Rebagliati, that snowboarder who had his gold medal stripped from him in Nagano because he had pot in his system, and then was given it back when they figured out that smoking weed wouldn't improve his athletic abilities (I guess none of them had ever been high before!!). I was friends with his sister in university (btw, the guy's a bit of a douche, and oh, no, he didn't just breathe it in at a party like he said obviously - he was a pot head!). But I just read something last week about some athlete at the London Olympics being kicked out of the Olympics for having pot in his system. He was an American in Judo. So what's up with that? Anyone know why they now won't allow weed even though they made that decision in '98? If anything, weed would hamper their ability to perform... so why is it a banned substance?? It doesn't make any sense. They may as well make alcohol and banned substance. I mean, I know weed is illegal in the UK (unless it's medicinal...), but I thought this was all about performance enhancing?

In '98 Ross R storey was that the drugs in his system was second hand...so the COC Successfully lobbied to get his medal back.

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/ ... rebagliati
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    4x400 men final....kick ass Bahamas..

The 4X400 is one of the best track races to watch. Can't believe the US lost the gold on the last leg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    Pap wrote:
    watching US vs Argentina backetball...

i dont get how some people can EVEN think to compare this team with DREAM TEAM 1992

not even close

+1 Wait for the final. They may win this Spain, but it's not going to be an easy game for them. The European basketball has changed a lot since 1992.
    and NBA change alot...\
    now the 30% of the players arent Americans
    i believe they gonna win easily at the final...but thats not the point...
    the 1992 was a team that was from another planet...
    today durant-kobi-james,need to play alot for secure the win..

Yea, the 1992 team was GREAT, but you have to admit the competition they played against is no where as good as it is today. Don't get me wrong because i still think the 1992 team is better, but the alot of other countries are better now. Though this year's team has some players(Derek Rose, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh & Blake Griffin) not playng due to injury.

I do wonder what country will be good after these Olympics? Argentina's run is OVER as ALL of ther good players are 32 or OLDER(Manu Ginobli is 35). I don't see that they have much YOUNG talent coming up any time soon. It's the same with Spain. Ricky Rubio(sucks he was hurt and couldn't play) is the only good YOUNG player for them.

I know at this year's NBA draft ther was only 2 International players drafted in the FIRST round. Does that mean that the talent is not that good right now?

Not sure Kobe, LeBron & Durant have played as much as you think Dimi to secure wins. I think ther was alot of games where the barely played, or didn't play at all in the 2nd-half. Remember the U.S.A. has only had one close game.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    Pap wrote:
    and NBA change alot...

As far as the way in which they play is concerned, I don't think so. There are no strategies or anything in their game. It may be spectacular, but it's pointless and without suspense after a certain point. And never say never. They aren't unbeatable. Spain won them in Beijing in 2008. They may do it again.

I'm pretty sure Spain did NOT beat the U.S.A. in Beijing.

I think the U.S.A. beat Spain twice in 2008.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    cutz wrote:
    Pap wrote:
    and NBA change alot...

As far as the way in which they play is concerned, I don't think so. There are no strategies or anything in their game. It may be spectacular, but it's pointless and without suspense after a certain point. And never say never. They aren't unbeatable. Spain won them in Beijing in 2008. They may do it again.

the last time,USA team at basketball lost was from Greece at 2006 world Championship at Japan
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    g under p wrote:
    That tiny island of JAMAICA sure is showing their dominance in the track and field speed events in BOTH men's and women's. Just awesome. Relays up next.

bolt-200.gif

jamaica.gif

Peace
    yep..lets see the relays..
    at women 4x100 usa women kicked ass..27 years was the previous world record..
    from East Germany... :shock:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    cutz wrote:

Yea, the 1992 team was GREAT, but you have to admit the competition they played against is no where as good as it is today. Don't get me wrong because i still think the 1992 team is better, but the alot of other countries are better now. Though this year's team has some players(Derek Rose, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh & Blake Griffin) not playng due to injury.

I do wonder what country will be good after these Olympics? Argentina's run is OVER as ALL of ther good players are 32 or OLDER(Manu Ginobli is 35). I don't see that they have much YOUNG talent coming up any time soon. It's the same with Spain. Ricky Rubio(sucks he was hurt and couldn't play) is the only good YOUNG player for them.

I know at this year's NBA draft ther was only 2 International players drafted in the FIRST round. Does that mean that the talent is not that good right now?

Not sure Kobe, LeBron & Durant have played as much as you think Dimi to secure wins. I think ther was alot of games where the barely played, or didn't play at all in the 2nd-half. Remember the U.S.A. has only had one close game.

look at the statistics,,they play a little more than other times..
    and i was wondering where is Dwayne Wade....
    you are right about Spain,and Argentrina is old teams..same as Lithuania..
  • PapPap Posts: 28,749
    cutz wrote:

Oh yeah. You're right. They just made it really difficult for them. But you guys are very wrong about the other national teams future talent players:

Spain: Rudy (27) / Rodriguez (26) / Claver (23) / San Emeterio (28) / Llull (24) / Gasol (27) / Ibaka (23) / Sada (28)
    Argentina: Mata (25) / Campazzo (21) / Gutierrez (28) / Delfino (29)
    Lithuania: Kalnietis (25) / Maciulis (27) / Pocius (26) / Seibutis (26) / Kleiza (27) / Kavaliauskas (27) / Valanciunas (20)/ Jankunas (28)

All of them under 30 and the bolded guys are playing in NBA. The others at the biggest teams in Europe and I'm just waiting for many of them to transfer to NBA teams sooner or later. So never underestimate young teams such as Lithuania.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Just watching the BMX, my favourite event so far! ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    Loulou wrote:
    lol
  • PapPap Posts: 28,749
    Loulou wrote:

Lorna, do you know that BMX Cycling made its debut at the 2008 Olympics games in Beijing? It's fairly new! :)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    Pap wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

Lorna, do you know that BMX Cycling made its debut at the 2008 Olympics games in Beijing? It's fairly new! :)
    Really??? Nope didn't know that! Thanks for letting me know Pap. ;)
    Loulou wrote:
    lol
    Well......the men's is my fav! :lol::lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    that walking is so fuckin difficult..
    and so unfair when it comes to refs..
    how they can see always all 50 kilometres and all the athletes if they cheating...
    i think they making up their minds all the time...
    how they can see always all 50 kilometres and all the athletes if they cheating...
    Yeah I thought the same thing. ;) they don't use video playback do they?

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:
    Yeah I thought the same thing. ;) they don't use video playback do they?
    nope...and the athletes cant do complains or something like that..bullshit..
    even they could is useless if they stop and cut their rythm..
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    How is walking an event? Seriously. :?
    its shitty to get red card at 40 kilometres of 50 k event..must suck big time.
    that Russian athlete at 50k walking is amazing
    great finals tonight at Athletics.. :)
    high jump women,800m,relays.. :D
    Mexico leading 1-0 to men football final vs Brazil
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632

30 seconds in and GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

30 seconds in and GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :lol:
    you would think that with the Hulk on their team, Brazil would be able to win this
    GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOO
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    you would think that with the Hulk on their team, Brazil would be able to win this
    no they will not.. ;)
    that Brazilian coach,,seems a little bit asshole.. :lol:
    Rick,at which moment u are now?u watching live?

yes, live at 80 minutes
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

yes, live at 80 minutes
    cool..was a good game