London 2012 Olympics

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    the worst was for canada team...the get third place and they cancel them
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,137
    how lame desition from the ref at diving..
    the star of uk team do his bad dive,he complains cos of the flash of the fotos for his bad dive
    and they repeat his dive,,he was good at the second attempt
    if he wasnt a brittish there is no way to repeat this..

flash form cameras... :roll:

you stop laying into our Tom, he's a lovely lad.
    (and the crowd have been warned as Eddie did for his audience, no flash photography)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632

what happened? stream buffered and I missed all that
    dottles wrote:
    the star of uk team do his bad dive,he complains cos of the flash of the fotos for his bad dive

(and the crowd have been warned as Eddie did for his audience, no flash photography)
    he is lovely,but i prefer women.. ;)
    lame and unfair call from the ref..crowd take fotos of all athetes,now anyone can say the flash is problem,or its raining,want to repeat their attempt..if wasnt british,noway to let him repeat..
    and beckam is at the crowd..must be his new galaxy s3 mobile flash...i now i have the same.. :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

what happened? stream buffered and I missed all that
    the last runner step in the next line
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    HIT HIM IN THE FACE!!!! (Loving the boxing action tonight :lol::lol: )
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • DercheefDercheef Posts: 732
    :clap::clap::clap:
    Yay, Gold for us in Field Hockey!
    :D
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
    Dercheef wrote:
    :clap::clap::clap:
    Yay, Gold for us in Field Hockey!
    :D
    :thumbup: :clap:
    Meg8686 wrote:
    HIT HIM IN THE FACE!!!! (Loving the boxing action tonight :lol::lol: )
    :lol::lol:
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,137
    dottles wrote:

he is lovely,but i prefer women.. ;)
    lame and unfair call from the ref..crowd take fotos of all athetes,now anyone can say the flash is problem,or its raining,want to repeat their attempt..if wasnt british,noway to let him repeat..
    and beckam is at the crowd..must be his new galaxy s3 mobile flash...i now i have the same.. :lol:

I've met him. he's the same age as my brother, hence I don't fancy him, but he was a genuinely lovely lad. He's had a hell of a rough year. If the referee allows it, then that's that :P

On the 4 x 100, the time Canada got to get bronze, GB & NI beat that in the heats - if only we could pass the baton :fp: :fp:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    wow!

but they won't let Bolt keep the baton what the hell, why not?
    they just gave him the baton :D:D
    btw..the athletics end..but noone from the crowd leaving..they all clap,dance,amazing!!!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Go UConn!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    i dont see how usa at basketball women final will lose....
    Parker is amazing
    Parker is amazing
    Yeah, that team is the best United States team and not getting any mention. The entire team is amazing. 40 straight wins.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    4 and mostly likely 5 gold medals in a row.
    watching all the track and field highlights with my son. trying to talk him into doing decathlon :D but can't really do that in high school
    Newch91 wrote:
    Parker is amazing
    Yeah, that team is the best United States team and not getting any mention. The entire team is amazing. 40 straight wins.
    really playing great basketball
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    watching all the track and field highlights with my son. trying to talk him into doing decathlon :D but can't really do that in high school
    decatlon!!!super athletes..+ its greek word ;)
    deca = Ten
    athlos = feat
    Newch91 wrote:
    Parker is amazing
    really playing great basketball
    Yes they do. It was fun to watch them play. 41 straight wins now.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,745
    i missed the soccer match. looked good. Also watching the highlights now.

Closing ceremonies tomorrow night. Hearing Muse is suppose to be there :D as well as the Spice Girls :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    i missed the soccer match. looked good. Also watching the highlights now.

Closing ceremonies tomorrow night. Hearing Muse is suppose to be there :D as well as the Spice Girls :?
    I heard The Who were also going to be there.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    and they just advertised that tonight's prime time coverage will start with a one hour special about England in WWII

:fp: :fp:

that sounds like something I would like to see, but not when it's holding up all the great events going on!

:fp:
    I hadn't realized this was going to happen. An hour of my life that I will never get back. Thanks a lot, NBC. Did someone accidentally delete some recordings by mistake? Was that even necessary? Argh!!
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Suziemay wrote:
    I hadn't realized this was going to happen. An hour of my life that I will never get back. Thanks a lot, NBC. Did someone accidentally delete some recordings by mistake? Was that even necessary? Argh!!

I am a huge history fan, I love all things WWII, but that was really odd. I turned on the TV at 8 to watch the Olympics. What a bizarre choice. Why? Why?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,876
    edited August 2012
    :( oh man, it was so hard to watch them find out they were DQ'd. Knocked down from the highest point in their lives like that, and broght to tears, and no one was even talking to them about it for the longest time. Just Brutal. I can't believe they posted the score when it was wrong, let them run around celebrating for all that time, then taming the win off the board, and then didn't even approach them for ages and ages after that. HUGE fuck up on the part of the officials on so many levels. Awful. :thumbdown: Plus, they really were 3rd, even if one of them stepped on a line, so it cheapened the bronze for Trinidad and Tobago. Two teams robbed at once. :fp: The rules are the rules (however silly - he was on the line, not in someone else's lane), but the officials just handled it so fucking badly.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    Pap wrote:
    cutz wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Spain did NOT beat the U.S.A. in Beijing.

I think the U.S.A. beat Spain twice in 2008.

Oh yeah. You're right. They just made it really difficult for them. But you guys are very wrong about the other national teams future talent players:

Spain: Rudy (27) / Rodriguez (26) / Claver (23) / San Emeterio (28) / Llull (24) / Gasol (27) / Ibaka (23) / Sada (28)
    Argentina: Mata (25) / Campazzo (21) / Gutierrez (28) / Delfino (29)
    Lithuania: Kalnietis (25) / Maciulis (27) / Pocius (26) / Seibutis (26) / Kleiza (27) / Kavaliauskas (27) / Valanciunas (20)/ Jankunas (28)

All of them under 30 and the bolded guys are playing in NBA. The others at the biggest teams in Europe and I'm just waiting for many of them to transfer to NBA teams sooner or later. So never underestimate young teams such as Lithuania.

Most of Spain & Argentina's core-players are over 30. Argentina's run is DONE. How will Marc Gasol be in 4 years?( i forsee weight problems for him> :lol: ) Rudy Fernandez is a pretty good player, though when i saw him a few years ago i thought he was going to be REAL good. Ibaka is good but i think he needs to improve his offense. Llull MIGHT end up being good? I need to see him more. How much has the other players you listed for Spain played in this Olympics? I don't know much about them, but i'm guessing they better have some MORE YOUNG talent then that to be able to compete for the Gold in 2016.

I know i never underestimate Lithuania as they always seem to play the U.S.A. close. I think Valanciunas could be a really good player. He has alot of potential. I think he's coming to the NBA this coming season(Toronto i think?)
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :( oh man, it was so hard to watch them find out they were DQ'd. Knocked down from the highest point in their lives like that, and broght to tears, and no one was even talking to them about it for the longest time. Just Brutal. I can't believe they posted the score when it was wrong, let them run around celebrating for all that time, then taming the win off the board, and then didn't even approach them for ages and ages after that. HUGE fuck up on the part of the officials on so many levels. Awful. :thumbdown: Plus, they really were 3rd, even if one of them stepped on a line, so it cheapened the bronze for Trinidad and Tobago. Two teams robbed at once. :fp:

and in the US coverage on NBC tonight, no mention of it at all. so odd
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,876
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :( oh man, it was so hard to watch them find out they were DQ'd. Knocked down from the highest point in their lives like that, and broght to tears, and no one was even talking to them about it for the longest time. Just Brutal. I can't believe they posted the score when it was wrong, let them run around celebrating for all that time, then taming the win off the board, and then didn't even approach them for ages and ages after that. HUGE fuck up on the part of the officials on so many levels. Awful. :thumbdown: Plus, they really were 3rd, even if one of them stepped on a line, so it cheapened the bronze for Trinidad and Tobago. Two teams robbed at once. :fp:

That is odd.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

That is odd.

typical US coverage, act like US is the only thing that matters, unless something like Usian Bolt, then US acts like they own him too, it's embarrassing
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Enkidu wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

I am a huge history fan, I love all things WWII, but that was really odd. I turned on the TV at 8 to watch the Olympics. What a bizarre choice. Why? Why?
    They want to show us who's boss? That's the only thing I can come up with. They could have showed it at any point other than the prime time Olympic slot. I mean, they could have shown it prime time BEFORE the Olympics started, they could have shown it a week from today...And of all the topics to focus on. WWII? How about the history of the Olympics? Or why the medal ribbons are purple? Argh! And I'm sick of Bob Costas and Ryan Seacrest. How about more Apolo Ohno and John McEnroe. And why are the sending Mary Carillo off to report on her excursions? How about having her talk to the athletes because that's what some of us actually care about and not the history of GMT? ARRGHHH!

Okay. I think I feel better now.

The womens 4x400 and mens 4x100 was kind of amazing to watch. Too bad about the women's voleyball, but I still think I'm in love with Logan Tom :D