Options

PEARL JAM TWENTY WORLD PREMIERE @ THE TORONTO FILM FESTIVAL

Comments

• Options
    chnactchnact Posts: 21
    I'll try to score some tickets as well - anyone knows how many you can buy?
    I only need one, but will try to make others happy as well.

Up to four max.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    chnact wrote:
    I'll try to score some tickets as well - anyone knows how many you can buy?
    I only need one, but will try to make others happy as well.

Up to four max.

Sweet. I thought it was just a 2 pair per person sale.

Hope the mighty god's of Mt. Olympus help use score a pair of tickets to this screening in Toronto next month.
  • Options
    Lets start monday fresh with some information about swedish screenings!!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Now a friend is asking me to come to Finland and watch it - which I can't afford... and would have to borrow money from someone to do it.

So please, please, please 10c (who is not answering my email) will...

A) ...There not be any screenings in Sweden.

B) ...There might be screenings in Sweden, its up in the air at this point.

C)...There be screenings in Sweden but you are waiting for information on cities/theatres/number of screenings etc

Please give us some kind of info.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512
    I know this is probably a crazy stupid question, but did anyone happen to score extras for the sept. 10th premiere? :P
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    guitar101 wrote:
    Royals17 wrote:
    Just got Tickets to the World Premiere on Sept 10.

Starting today, Visa Infinite cardholders get special access to single tickets at Princess of Wales & Visa Screening Room. Call 416-934-3203

I owe you a big thank you. Just scored tickets through that number! wow. Would have had no idea about this offer if you hadnt posted. Thanks man!

How much did they end up costing if you dont mind my asking?
  • Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    they were 25 each. its not a "gala" so its not the more expensive 40 dollar ticket.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    I will be there at the TIFF screening of PJ20 and I got 3 tickets for me and for two other regular posters here. This is going to be awesome! :D
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    bjmjplbjmjpl Posts: 134
    oh man - how did you get the tix?

i am flying up solo to both Toronto shows so if ANYONE has an extra i will take it right now:)

i will always call and try and get 4 for my fellow posters here, but i do not know how to get early ones - if anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE let me know :)

thx!
  • Options
    Swedish screenings?
    Swedish screenings??
    Swedish screenings???
    Swedish screenings????
    Swedish screenings????
    Swedish screenings????
  • Options
    levolor27levolor27 White Plains, NY Posts: 9
    I'm looking for one ticket to the 12:15am, late night the evening of Fri, Sep. 23rd 2011 showing of Pearl Jam's Doc at the IFC Center in NY. Willing to pay $20 for ticket. Help a sister out please! Email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:maryclared@gmail.com">maryclared@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    bjmjpl wrote:

i am flying up solo to both Toronto shows so if ANYONE has an extra i will take it right now:)

i will always call and try and get 4 for my fellow posters here, but i do not know how to get early ones - if anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE let me know :)

thx!

Besides calling with a Visa the other day the only other way I believe is through the ticket packages. People who orderd a ticket package will find out today or tomorrow which movies they are confirmed for. I requested PJ20 for Sat and was confirmed this morning.

Next best way is this Sat morning at 7am or beg. If you wanna go that badly I'd line up downtown at 3am. It's hardcore but the internet and phone aren't the best.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I requested PJ20 for Sat and was confirmed this morning.
    Good to hear! See you there...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I requested PJ20 for Sat and was confirmed this morning.
    Good to hear! See you there...
    That's great you got tickets too. Hard to say how the public sale will be. I'd predict impossible, but you never.

ps: you ruined my pitching career. I haven't picthed since we last played you and you got 2 HR's off of me :oops:
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Red Lukin wrote:
    That's great you got tickets too. Hard to say how the public sale will be. I'd predict impossible, but you never.

ps: you ruined my pitching career. I haven't picthed since we last played you and you got 2 HR's off of me :oops:
    It was the steroids :lol:

Do you know of the TIFF tickets are assigned seating or is it first-come-first-serve like the Body of War screening?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    Red Lukin wrote:
    bjmjpl wrote:

thx!

Besides calling with a Visa the other day the only other way I believe is through the ticket packages. People who orderd a ticket package will find out today or tomorrow which movies they are confirmed for. I requested PJ20 for Sat and was confirmed this morning.

Next best way is this Sat morning at 7am or beg. If you wanna go that badly I'd line up downtown at 3am. It's hardcore but the internet and phone aren't the best.
    I dont know if i'm dumb, but i think their website for buying tickets is very complicated! I cannot find anything regarding ticket packages. :? :oops: :?
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 842
    I think ticket packages have already been sold.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Do you know of the TIFF tickets are assigned seating or is it first-come-first-serve like the Body of War screening?

Hmm no clue for this one, although I've been to quite a few tiff movies and none have had assigned seating.

I call first row Mike's side! stamp it double locksies no eracies.
  • Options
    SK4057SK4057 Posts: 4
    Tickets for this are reserved seating - I called the TIFF box office # to confirm. I was lucky enough to get tickets through the Visa infinite offer as well and am so excited to be going (even though I never post on here, I do check in and read often and I am a legitimate fan who knows how big of a deal this event is going to be....10C # 106xxx to give you an idea!).

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but what does one wear to such an event like this?? (Yes, I am a girl and I know that this is a stereotypical "girl" thing to wonder about, but some of my guy friends who are coming along with me are just as interested in knowing!). Any ideas??
  • Options
    eladdereladder Posts: 414
    SK4057 wrote:
    Tickets for this are reserved seating - I called the TIFF box office # to confirm. I was lucky enough to get tickets through the Visa infinite offer as well and am so excited to be going (even though I never post on here, I do check in and read often and I am a legitimate fan who knows how big of a deal this event is going to be....10C # 106xxx to give you an idea!).

Perhaps this is a stupid question, but what does one wear to such an event like this?? (Yes, I am a girl and I know that this is a stereotypical "girl" thing to wonder about, but some of my guy friends who are coming along with me are just as interested in knowing!). Any ideas??

404701a8.jpg
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Options
    eladdereladder Posts: 414
    SK4057 wrote:

Oh. And for your guy friends. Ill be there! Wont be hard to find me!

d66cc3dc.jpg
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    what the link for buy tickets for this?and its 7 am toronto time,right?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    7am Toronto time @ http://tiff.net/
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    demetrios wrote:
    7am Toronto time @ http://tiff.net/

i wonder if you will have to go through this page to buy:
    http://tiff.net/abouttiff/gettickets

of if there will be a buy button on this page?:
    http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/tiff/ ... ljamtwenty

any tiff ticket vets have any tips (besides buying in person)?
  • Options
    Last night I received some amazing & out of this mind new's. I have received one of these ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYEgYVyBDuM.

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    So I guess we know where and when PJ20 is playing at TIFF...Now I just need tickets
    387017241.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/JerkInTheCorner/s ... 5679283200
  • Options
    Do we need to wear a suit & tie to attend the Prince Of Wales event?
  • Options
    So I guess we know where and when PJ20 is playing at TIFF...Now I just need tickets
    387017241.jpg

PG? I thought it was rated R. What was posted on the poster.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    demetrios wrote:
    387017241.jpg

PG (in this case) refers to the page in the program you can read about the movie. If you look at all the other films, they have different "PG's"
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    387017241.jpg

PG (in this case) refers to the page in the program you can read about the movie. If you look at all the other films, they have different "PG's"

d'oh! th_emot-doh.gif :oops: I see it now. It's 14A.