Options

PEARL JAM TWENTY WORLD PREMIERE @ THE TORONTO FILM FESTIVAL

Comments

• Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Smellyman wrote:
    Not on PJ20 yet, but Hong Kong has two theatres showing!

http://www.cityline.com/eng/movie/byMovieStep2.jsp?eventKey=56880

My tiks are ordered.....

Thanks to whoever got it here!

Happy for you! Now you don't have to travel to S'pore. 8-)
  • Options
    Please announce SWEDEN screenings before the weekend or let us know if there is gonne be any at all! Please. Come on!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Announce Gothenburg, Sweden! NOW! 8-)
    Houston Tx@The Vatican 1991, Stockholm@Moderna Museet 1992, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 1995, Warzawa@Torwar 1996, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 2000, Oslo@Spectrum 2000, Berlin@Wuhlheide 2009, Stockholm@Globen 2012, Oslo@Spectrum 2012, Copenhagen@Forum 2012, Amsterdam x2 2014, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014 (Strangest Tribe!), London 2018, Berlin 2018, Seattle 1+2 2018.... 
  • Options

The Cinema Roy has other things scheduled (actor Sven Wolter), The cinema Capitol is showing TAXI DRIVER. Gonne see what Haga bion is saying... are there any other "smaller" cinemas in gothenburg? I know that SF will not show it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Royals17Royals17 Posts: 91
    Just got Tickets to the World Premiere on Sept 10.

Starting today, Visa Infinite cardholders get special access to single tickets at Princess of Wales & Visa Screening Room. Call 416-934-3203
    98: Barrie
    00: Nawlins, Saratoga, Tor, Det, Phx
    01: Bridge
    03: Raleigh, Char, Buf, Det x2, Tor, Mont
    05: T-Bay, Kit, Lon, Ham, Tor
    06: Tor x2, Clev, Cin, Arnhem, Honolulu x2
    07: Vic, Lolla, Tor(EV) Body of War
    08: Van(EV) x2, Hart, Bos x2, Tor(EV) x2
    09: Tor
    10: Jazz Fest, Clev, Buf
    11: Det(EV), Tor x2, Ham
    12: FLL(EV)
    13: Pit, Buf, Cal
    14: Det, Den
    15: NYC
  • Options

The Cinema Roy has other things scheduled (actor Sven Wolter), The cinema Capitol is showing TAXI DRIVER. Gonne see what Haga bion is saying... are there any other "smaller" cinemas in gothenburg? I know that SF will not show it.

Is Draken also SF? Hagabion would be perfect!
    Houston Tx@The Vatican 1991, Stockholm@Moderna Museet 1992, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 1995, Warzawa@Torwar 1996, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 2000, Oslo@Spectrum 2000, Berlin@Wuhlheide 2009, Stockholm@Globen 2012, Oslo@Spectrum 2012, Copenhagen@Forum 2012, Amsterdam x2 2014, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014 (Strangest Tribe!), London 2018, Berlin 2018, Seattle 1+2 2018.... 
  • Options

Is Draken also SF? Hagabion would be perfect!

Habaion will not show it. Draken is run by "folkets bio" who also run Roy (I think) and at Roy they told me I had to go to Copenhagen...

COME ON TENCLUB!
  • Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    Royals17 wrote:

Starting today, Visa Infinite cardholders get special access to single tickets at Princess of Wales & Visa Screening Room. Call 416-934-3203

I owe you a big thank you. Just scored tickets through that number! wow. Would have had no idea about this offer if you hadnt posted. Thanks man!
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    eladdereladder Posts: 414
    I second that thank you! I cant believe im going to this! I woud think pj and crowe will be there based on the concert schedule! And a sept 11th show too? This wknd will rival pj 20.
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    was able to get the VISA advance fix for Sat afternoon (2:00pm?). Hope we have a theatre full of jammers!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,583
    guitar101 wrote:
    Royals17 wrote:

I owe you a big thank you. Just scored tickets through that number! wow. Would have had no idea about this offer if you hadnt posted. Thanks man!

Thanks and appreciation to Royals17 for the tip. I managed to pass the information along just in time to a friend who, along with his brother, was able to secure some of the last several tickets to the September 10th premiere at Princess of Wales. According to the TIFF rep, the screening is at 3:00pm and not 2:00pm as indicated on their site. Also according to the same TIFF rep there are no more tickets available, via the Visa Infinite special access anyway.

Since I've got a pair of tickets secured through my friend I owe Royals17 a drink. Thanks again.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    anyone been to a showing here before? Are these reserved seats (didnt personally make the phone call)? What are the odds that if crowe and the band are there they'll at least introduce the film on stage?
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,583
    guitar101 wrote:
    anyone been to a showing here before? Are these reserved seats (didnt personally make the phone call)? What are the odds that if crowe and the band are there they'll at least introduce the film on stage?

Reserved seating, and both the band and Cameron Crowe will be there as well.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Would anyone be willing to secure me a ticket for the premiere in Toronto? The Toronto dates will be the only ones I could see the movie in a movie theatre, cause I'll be on my plane back to Germany on Sept 20th. I would be eternally thankful and pay you asap! PM me and thanks a lot in advance!
  • Options
    FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    Leeze wrote:
    Would anyone be willing to secure me a ticket for the premiere in Toronto? The Toronto dates will be the only ones I could see the movie in a movie theatre, cause I'll be on my plane back to Germany on Sept 20th. I would be eternally thankful and pay you asap! PM me and thanks a lot in advance!
    100 Pacer wrote:

Thanks and appreciation to Royals17 for the tip. I managed to pass the information along just in time to a friend who, along with his brother, was able to secure some of the last several tickets to the September 10th premiere at Princess of Wales. According to the TIFF rep, the screening is at 3:00pm and not 2:00pm as indicated on their site. Also according to the same TIFF rep there are no more tickets available, via the Visa Infinite special access anyway.

Since I've got a pair of tickets secured through my friend I owe Royals17 a drink. Thanks again.

:( :evil:
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Options
    FitPearl wrote:
    Leeze wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

:? Yeah, I noticed that as well ... But I just thought I'd try :oops: I wanna see this movie in a theatre so bad :) And being there at that moment, I just thought ... Damned, info like this always comes too late :(
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:
    FitPearl wrote:
    Leeze wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

:? Yeah, I noticed that as well ... But I just thought I'd try :oops: I wanna see this movie in a theatre so bad :) And being there at that moment, I just thought ... Damned, info like this always comes too late :(
    I understand. But it is not the offical sale... the official one is on sept. 3rd, at 7AM, local time.

Plus, there is a second screening on sept. 12. :)

(well, I bet you already know everything about that! :lol: )
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,990
    100 Pacer wrote:
    guitar101 wrote:
    Royals17 wrote:

I could just cry! :cry:
  • Options
    FitPearl wrote:
    Leeze wrote:

I understand. But it is not the offical sale... the official one is on sept. 3rd, at 7AM, local time.

Plus, there is a second screening on sept. 12. :)

(well, I bet you already know everything about that! :lol: )

;) And I'm working on getting tix!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    yeah we need tickets for that too...but canada is last in the order...oh..shit..
    we need tickets for all!!!!!! :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    guitar101 wrote:

I could just cry! :cry:
    why cry??

no more tickets for Visa Infinite special access... don't panic, I'm sure we still have a chance! :lol:

• Options
    eladdereladder Posts: 414
    I believe royals should be signing autographs toronto weekend. I am sharing my popcorn and twizzlers w EV. Snow caps for stone. I am so happy there will be jammers there and not simply all industry folks.
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    my friend who works for tiff couldn't even help me out other than provide some ticket-buying advice. sadly it was just the normal ticket-buying strategy most people already employ when getting concert tickets. it's going to be insane, so if i get shut out, i won't be too upset and i'll just see mudhoney instead.
  • Options
    my friend who works for tiff couldn't even help me out other than provide some ticket-buying advice. sadly it was just the normal ticket-buying strategy most people already employ when getting concert tickets. it's going to be insane, so if i get shut out, i won't be too upset and i'll just see mudhoney instead.
    What did he told you? getting up earlier, call and wait on the line for 45 minutes and press F5 like a crazy motherfu**er on the computer?! Please, share! :lol:

• Options
    Royals17Royals17 Posts: 91
    Glad I could in someway help fellow fans get tickets to the Premiere. Really it was just luck. So really no credit is needed. I had been investigating every avenue for tickets and stumbled onto the info from the TIFF Twitter feed.

http://twitter.com/#!/TIFF_NET
    98: Barrie
    00: Nawlins, Saratoga, Tor, Det, Phx
    01: Bridge
    03: Raleigh, Char, Buf, Det x2, Tor, Mont
    05: T-Bay, Kit, Lon, Ham, Tor
    06: Tor x2, Clev, Cin, Arnhem, Honolulu x2
    07: Vic, Lolla, Tor(EV) Body of War
    08: Van(EV) x2, Hart, Bos x2, Tor(EV) x2
    09: Tor
    10: Jazz Fest, Clev, Buf
    11: Det(EV), Tor x2, Ham
    12: FLL(EV)
    13: Pit, Buf, Cal
    14: Det, Den
    15: NYC
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    100 Pacer wrote:

I owe a HUGE THANK YOU to royals17 and 100Pacer. It was me who was able to secure tickets (along with my brother who got the last 3 tickets) with my VISA Infinite card thanks to the tip that 100 Pacer passed along to me. Purchased the tickets on the 3rd tee box at Blue Springs and just in time too since my brother got the last 3 some 3 or 4 minutes later .... really looking forward to this!!!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    FitPearl wrote:
    What did he told you? getting up earlier, call and wait on the line for 45 minutes and press F5 like a crazy motherfu**er on the computer?! Please, share! :lol:

Sadly, that's exactly what she recommended. I was going she would give me an earth-shattering tip, but no dice.
  • Options
    FitPearl wrote:

Sadly, that's exactly what she recommended. I was going she would give me an earth-shattering tip, but no dice.
    well this is what i was already planning to do anyway (except for the fu**ing F5!) :lol:

• Options
    I'll try to score some tickets as well - anyone knows how many you can buy?
    I only need one, but will try to make others happy as well.
  • Options
    chnactchnact Posts: 21
    100 Pacer wrote:
    guitar101 wrote:
    Royals17 wrote:

I was very fortunate to secure tix through the Visa Infinite concierge before they sold out. Thank the Maker and TIFF's twitter feed. Show time should be confirmed with TIFF. The Infinite Concierge advised me that the showtime was 2:00 and not 3:00 as indicated on the Visa Infinite website. She advised i should be there an hour before the show; at 1:00. Anyway I will try to confirm with TIFF and post the response- so there is no confusion. Good luck to everyone on the 3rd.