Options

A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I wonder if there is a isolated stock of the wild fire under the great sept? My money is that she burns it down but Tommen is killed, thus fulfilling her prophecy.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    mca47 said:

Did Brienne even make it to Littlefinger, or is she still on her way there after her meeting with Jaime? It surprised me that she showed up in the scene with Jaime.

Wait, I didn't know she was going to meet with Littlefinger. I though that was the reason Sansa sent the message (presumably) to him.
    Oh, that's right. They sent a raven to Littlefinger. Thanks for reminding me.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm loving it...and Scott Ian being a White Walker...Coolio I say!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,162
    Jason P said:

I wonder if there is a isolated stock of the wild fire under the great sept? My money is that she burns it down but Tommen is killed, thus fulfilling her prophecy.

i'm sure there is some leftover. tyrion couldn't have used it all at blackwater. why would he have? if you have a weapon that powerful, you have to save some for later in case you need it again.

i am thinking that the mad queen thing is very likely.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    That may ruin Margery's plan.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Sprunkn7 said:

From Anthrax?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Sprunkn7 said:

From Anthrax?
    ya. He was on TWD too, he makes great "monsters"... that dude is awesome.

imagephoto 13418724_10207980763169600_3813980228450373931_n_zpsj1vjftb6.jpg" />

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,162
    Sprunkn7 said:

JK_Livin said:

Sprunkn7 said:

From Anthrax?
    ya. He was on TWD too, he makes great "monsters"... that dude is awesome.

imagephoto 13418724_10207980763169600_3813980228450373931_n_zpsj1vjftb6.jpg" />

if i were the makeup artist i would have been a jerk and made him trim or shave that beard, haha...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Well that was fun.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    AS ALWAYS..THE 9TH EPISODE OF THE SEASON WAS EPIC!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    predictable. incredible.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Happened pretty much the way I wanted to see it go down with Mereen and Winterfell.
    Think next week they will pull the rug with some unusual things. Enjoyed the episode very much, was gratifying to see Tyrion scheme, Dragons burn stuff, Bad Bastard die from his own dogs, etc...glad the Red Crazy Man didn't die so that he can still get with The Maid of Tarth as well.
    Looking forward to The Onion Knight confronting the Red Witch.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    next week on GoT....

Littlepetyr has some über creepy exchanges with Sansa and does some thing massively dickheaded as the commander of the Vale army, maybe seizing Winterfell for his own.

Worried for Davos...nobody confronts the red bitch without paying for it.

After more hinting of wildfire, I'm guessing Cersei sets it off in KL and drastically changes most storylines.

Tower of Joy scene will verify that Rhaegar and Lyanna are Jon Snow's parents and quite possibly Dany's as well given the epi 9 title.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Like the idea on Littlefinger making a grab (more ways than one) and expect you are right.
    R+L=J finally revealed to the rest of the world as truth...expect that as well.

Love that many expectations don't turn out to be right though.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Loved that episode last night! While somewhat predictable, I enjoyed every second of it! Jon taking those arrows from Ramsey, then beating the piss out of him with his bare hands...awesome! For a minute I was thinking we'd have another mountain scene. Jon not killing him and him pulling a dagger or something on Jon or Sansa. The hungry dogs chewing his face off was fantastic!!
    Hard to believe that was a TV show! The amount of money and effort it took to shoot that entire episode...wow!
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    The battle scene was horrifying.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256

Jon getting trampled at the bottom of those people freaked me out. That kind of thing is a bigtime phobia of mine!
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    .....sad to see the last giant die!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    Absolutely loved that episode! It was great to see Ramsay finally killed off - I was expecting Wun Wun to tear him apart, or for Jon to let Sansa finish him off after he beat the crap out if him. I did not expect the dogs at all, it was a great touch.

Slightly disturbing question though: when Ramsay said "I'm part of you now" to Sansa, do you think that means she's pregnant? My wife called that at the end of last season when she jumped off the wall with Theon. If they were the only 2 that knew she may be able to keep the father a secret.

Always good to see dragons tearing shit up too!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Jon getting trampled at the bottom of those people freaked me out. That kind of thing is a bigtime phobia of mine!
    Freakin word. I saw that and wondered if I was actually going to have nightmares.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    quite possibly the best battle scene in cinematic/TV history

amazing
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I think I might be the only person on earth who thought the episode was boring.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    hahahahaahhaahahahahahahahhahahahaaahhaa

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I hope I never take part in a sword battle.

• Options
    Jason P said:

I hope I never take part in a sword fight.

Fixed. :lol:

That Travolta is gold.
  • Options
    Interesting vision scene with Dany from season 2 in the house of undying ... I wonder if it foreshadows the next episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gulVUWrADCM
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Binge watched the entire series over the past few weeks and caught up just in time for the finale tonight! Can't wait.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Fantastic way to end the season.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    My name is Arya Stark. Boom!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)