Options

A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    JK_Livin said:

Maybe Arya as the Waif, stabbed the waif as Arya?

Whoa! Didn't think of that.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Fight Club theories are floating out there ...
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    mca47 said:

Where do you think the Hound goes now?

Shot in the dark - if The Hound has seen the light after spending time with the religious guys in the field, he may seek to avenge their deaths. This could mean he'd fight on behalf of the faith... The Clegane brothers hate each other so how about The Hound volunteering to fight The Mountain at Cersei's trial by combat? That would be a rumble!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I so want Arya and The Hound to meet back up!They could be great together.

Finally nice to see Cercy crack just a little knowing she is surrounded by people that hate her and how bad er situation is.

I believe Sansa is writing to Littlefinger (the prick) and I hope he helps her.

Theron has never been my favorite, but I like the idea he and his sister have the ships Daenerys needs. I don't like they made Yara so grossly lesbo. Don't know why it bothered me but I would think a girl like her should like a man thats ....ya know hung.

I wish there was a few more loving couples. The only one who has something half way decent is Sam. I want Tyrion to find someone!

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Tyrion has been with half of Westeros. Probably tough for him to settle down after what he went through with Shay.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    Speaking of loving couples... I'll be very disappointed if Tormund and Brienne don't get it on before the end of this season! We need some giant, ginger, half wildling/half warrior babies running around with swords!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Is this the new one?

Edit: I don't think it is. False alarm.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    A Dance of Dragons, the 5th (last) book.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Good stuff last night. Next week is gonna be crazy!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Setup episode- next weeks looks like its mostly Ramsey vs Jon
    Good to see the Arya arc come to a close.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    How many more episodes this season? Was that 7?
  • Options

How many more episodes this season? Was that 7?

Two episodes left.
  • Options
    Why show the Arya chase instead of the actual fight? That chick was running like the terminator.
    Overall an underwhelming episode.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Why show the Arya chase instead of the actual fight? That chick was running like the terminator.
    Overall an underwhelming episode.

They cant show a fight that happened in the dark.
  • Options
    Did the Blackfish fight in the dark as well?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm sticking with this season sucks! Every fucking episode seems to have a deus ex machina. Or some kind of warm, fuzzy group-hug moment. It's not even the same show.

I'm looking forward to the next episode because it looks like a shitload of assholes will slaughter each other, but other than that, this season is almost as bad those last Dark Tower books from a dozen or so years ago.

HBO should've just waited for GRRM to finish writing the book(s). I haven't even read the books -- my geek wife has -- but I can only assume that they are what made the previous seasons as rich and darkly compelling as they were.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

Setup episode- next weeks looks like its mostly Ramsey vs Jon
    Good to see the Arya arc come to a close.

Yeah, I guess it's supposed to be the biggest battle scene ever. Considering Blackwater and Hardhome, that says a lot!

I'm guessing Jon's army is going to start off getting destroyed until Littlefinger and the Knights of the Vale show up and save the day.

I still think it's a great show! Some snoozer storylines this year for sure. They really didn't need to put so much time in to the Arya story. All of that and now she's heading back to Winterfell?
    Tyrion is one of the best characters and his story has been pretty dull this year. Granted, I don't know what else they could do with him to make it better...
    Sunday is going to be AWESOME! I hope Ramsey's death is spectacular!
  • Options
    You see...? You already assume it's Ramsey's death and not Sansa's or Jon's (again!).

Not the same show at all.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    dankind said:

You see...? You already assume it's Ramsey's death and not Sansa's or Jon's (again!).

BINGO. Its all too predictable now, but the books were headed that way too.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    dankind said:

Right, but I've been wrong about most of my assumptions on the show.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,167
    i will bet sansa dies.

ramsay or jon has to go.

snow is not going to be killed again. he was just resurrected 6 episodes ago. they will not kill him again this season.

i am sure ramsay is going to die, but the starks just can't win this battle unscathed. some tragedy will befall them. that is the stark history of this entire series. this is why i think sansa will die.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Did Brienne even make it to Littlefinger, or is she still on her way there after her meeting with Jaime? It surprised me that she showed up in the scene with Jaime.
  • Options
    I had dinner with my mom tonight for her 75th birthday. She told me all about her free month of HBO and the movies/shows she's watching. She really likes "that show with all the swashbucklers." That made me laugh.
  • Options

Did Brienne even make it to Littlefinger, or is she still on her way there after her meeting with Jaime? It surprised me that she showed up in the scene with Jaime.

Of course, she met with Jamie. It's the season of warm and fuzzy reunions.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

Wait, I didn't know she was going to meet with Littlefinger. I though that was the reason Sansa sent the message (presumably) to him.
  • Options

i will bet sansa dies.

ramsay or jon has to go.

snow is not going to be killed again. he was just resurrected 6 episodes ago. they will not kill him again this season.

i am sure ramsay is going to die, but the starks just can't win this battle unscathed. some tragedy will befall them. that is the stark history of this entire series. this is why i think sansa will die.

Yeah, I could see Jon's army getting destroyed, Ramsay (or someone else) killing her, then the Knight of the Vale show up right after to whoop ass.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    The Blackfish is NOT dead... his people protected him, he is still in the castle
  • Options
    It must be true if you used caps. haha
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    So what do you think?
    You think Cersie is going to go all "mad queen" and burn the shit out of Kings Landing? Sounds as if she's interested in the wildfire. Hmmm....