Options

****Quote thread****

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited April 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Due to my stupidity and a life dedicated to squeezing in as many quotes as possible into my daily life, I keep rolling over the "lets post some quotes" thread in A Moving Train with disappointment, thinking someone has had a genius idea of starting a thread for posting favourite movie/TV quotes....

so I started my own :p

Here's to my favourite movie of the minute, Superbad :D

Seth: When I was a little kid, I kinda had this problem. And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8 percent of kids do it. For some reason, I don't know why. I would just kinda... sit around all day... and draw pictures of dicks.
Evan: What?
Seth: Draw pictures of dicks.
Evan: Dicks? Like a man dick?
Seth: Yes. Like a man dick.
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,920
    "Don't eat yellow snow."
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Leave the gun. Take the cannolis.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,077
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,736
    Michael Scott: My proudest moment here wasn't when I increased profits by 17%, or cut expenditure without losing a single member of staff. No no no. It was a young Guatamalan guy, first job in the country, barely spoke a word of English, but he came to me and said "Mr. Scott, will you be the godfather to my child?" Didn't work out in the end. We had to let him go. He sucked.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    PahkTheCahPahkTheCah Posts: 193
    "It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mamma's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress. I think you've been cheated!"
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    "You all look money hungry, and thats good. anybody who says that money is the root of all evil, dosent fuckin' have any. they say money cant buy happiness, well look at the smile on my face. ear to ear baby."
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    DeLukin wrote:
    Michael Scott: My proudest moment here wasn't when I increased profits by 17%, or cut expenditure without losing a single member of staff. No no no. It was a young Guatamalan guy, first job in the country, barely spoke a word of English, but he came to me and said "Mr. Scott, will you be the godfather to my child?" Didn't work out in the end. We had to let him go. He sucked.

"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica."
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    I've been looking for a Wayne's World quote. The fact is there are too many that I could've used, but here's one:

Benjamin: Wayne! Listen, we need to have a talk about Vanderhoff. The fact is he's the sponsor and you signed a contract guaranteeing him certain concessions, one of them being a spot on the show.

Wayne Campbell: [holding a Pizza Hut box] Well that's where I see things just a little differently. Contract or no, I will not bow to any sponsor.

Benjamin: I'm sorry you feel that way, but basically it's the nature of the beast.

Wayne Campbell: [holding a bag of Doritos] Maybe I'm wrong on this one, but for me, the beast doesn't include selling out. Garth, you know what I'm talking about, right?

Garth Algar: [wearing Reebok wardrobe] It's like people only do these things because they can get paid. And that's just really sad.

Wayne Campbell: I can't talk about it anymore; it's giving me a headache.

Garth Algar: Here, take two of these! [Dumps two Nuprin pills into Wayne's hand]

Wayne Campbell: Ah, Nuprin. Little. Yellow. Different.

Benjamin: Look, you can stay here in the big leagues and play by the rules, or you can go back to the farm club in Aurora. It's your choice.

Wayne Campbell: [holding a can of Pepsi] Yes, and it's the choice of a generation.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    A quote from last night's season 2 US Office:

Dwight K Schrute: "Actually, I do own property. My grandfather left me a 60-acre working beet farm. I run it with my cousin Mose. We sell beets to the local stores and restaurants. It’s a nice little farm... sometimes teenagers use it for sex."
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    Chazz: I'm a sex addict. It's my cross to bear. It's a real disease with doctors and medicine and everything!

Bryce: You smell like urine.
    Chazz: A lot?

Jimmy: They're laughing at us.
    Chazz: Hey. They laughed at Louis Armstrong when he said he was gonna go to the moon. Now he's up there, laughing at them.

Blades of Glory
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    "Surely you can't be serious?"
    "I am serious. And don't call me Shirley"
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options

:D
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    Cooke: You know what I like best about this car? The price.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1115790080/nm0004886

hehehehe
    wah
  • Options

great quote :D

"Hullo... just me, the weirdo from upstairs... hullo Brian..."

• Options
    Jesse: What's up?
    Chester: Animal Planet!
    Jesse: Man, I just had the craziest dream.
    Chester: About what?
    Jesse: I don't remember.

Dude, where's my car?

It's scary how some movies resemble real life so much! :D
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    A select few off the top of my head from my name's sake, Shaun of the Dead :D

Ed: "Who died and made you fucking king of the zombies?"

Shaun: "Do you want anything from the shop?"
    Ed: "Cornetto."

Ed: "All right... gayyy..."

Shaun: "Peeete"
    Ed: "Oi! Prick!"

Shaun: "FUCK-A-DOODLE-DO!"

• Options
    A select few off the top of my head from my name's sake, Shaun of the Dead :D

Ed: "Who died and made you fucking king of the zombies?"

Shaun: "Do you want anything from the shop?"
    Ed: "Cornetto."

Ed: "All right... gayyy..."

Shaun: "Peeete"
    Ed: "Oi! Prick!"

Shaun: "FUCK-A-DOODLE-DO!"

You forgot 'You've got red on you.'

and

'Oh, my god!.................... I've been looking for that pen everywhere.'

'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    You forgot 'You've got red on you.'

and

'Oh, my god!.................... I've been looking for that pen everywhere.'

I didn't, it's just too obvious.

• Options
    I didn't, it's just too obvious.

Ooh... check you. :rolleyes:

Too obvious? Or funnier?

• Options
    Ooh... check you. :rolleyes:

Too obvious? Or funnier?

Too obvious, I put quotes I use all the time.

Besides, any time Shaun's mentioned in my company people always say "you've got red on you" and laugh like a red neck. :rolleyes:

• Options
    Too obvious, I put quotes I use all the time.

Besides, any time Shaun's mentioned in my company people always say "you've got red on you" and laugh like a red neck. :rolleyes:

Because it's funny. :) Things aren't funny just because they have swear words or the word 'gay' in them.

• Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Zoolander: What? Are you here to tell me what a bad eugoogoolizer I am?
    Matilda: A what?
    Zoolander: A eugoogoolizer... you know one who speaks at funerals.
    Zoolander: Or did you think I was too stupid to know what a eugoogooly was?
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    Because it's funny. :) Things aren't funny just because they have swear words or the word 'gay' in them.

I didn't say they were :confused:
    and since when has "want anything from the shop" "cornetto" been a gay slur or a curse word?

:rolleyes:

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Shooter McGavin: Just stay out of my way or you'll pay, listen to what I say.
    Happy Gilmore: Hey, why don't I just go and eat some hay. I can lay by the bay, make things out of clay, I just may, what'd ya say?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Zoolander: What? Are you here to tell me what a bad eugoogoolizer I am?
    Matilda: A what?
    Zoolander: A eugoogoolizer... you know one who speaks at funerals.
    Zoolander: Or did you think I was too stupid to know what a eugoogooly was?

BWUAHAHAHA!!!! i'd forgot about Zoolander!

"I think i'm getting the black lung, Pop *cough*"

• Options
    I didn't say they were :confused:
    and since when has "want anything from the shop" "cornetto" been a gay slur or a curse word?

:rolleyes:

Ah yes, the exception. There was one of those. :)

• Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Happy Gilmore: Hey, why don't I just go and eat some hay. I can lay by the bay, make things out of clay, I just may, what'd ya say?

"it's all in the hips" ;)

• Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Jennytree wrote:
    I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast

~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast

'You eat pieces of shit?'