Options

Thinking of getting a tattoo... talk me into or out of it!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    have you made your mind up yet then jobbyjabber?

you either want it or you dont.. listening to freaks on a forum will do you no good!!!

p.s. jobbyjabber :D what a great word from my days of bullying weaklings
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    He's right y'know, harmless. ^^^

...about not listening to us. :D Have you made up your mind yet?
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    have you made your mind up yet then jobbyjabber?

you either want it or you dont.. listening to freaks on a forum will do you no good!!!

p.s. jobbyjabber :D what a great word from my days of bullying weaklings

So that WAS you with my head... the loo... the drowning...?

Yeah my mind was already made up... I'm just a thread whore.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    He's right y'know, harmless. ^^^

...about not listening to us. :D Have you made up your mind yet?

^^^ :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    So when is the ink injecting going to happen??
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Jennytree wrote:

you like a pink injection dont you Jennington?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:

Looks like it's 21st December if my friend can get the day off.

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    dunkman wrote:

:eek:
    Looks like it's 21st December if my friend can get the day off.

Cool and the gang...have you decided what you're getting?
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

Cool and the gang...have you decided what you're getting?

Scroll back over the thread... Same as Duggro. Four black circles with symbols inside, a la No Code. Although I'm having second thoughts about where it's gonna go.....

Hmmmm

• Options
    Scroll back over the thread... Same as Duggro. Four black circles with symbols inside, a la No Code. Although I'm having second thoughts about where it's gonna go.....

Hmmmm

Cool :D

Get it on your dick....would be cool and jenny would play with it all day ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Cool :D

Get it on your dick....would be cool and jenny would play with it all day ;)

They'd probably run out of ink.

• Options

They'd probably run out of ink.

LOL Well said my man...well said :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I can't remember the person that said they don't want one because they are "too old". I say screw that. :) If you want one, don't let that thought hold you back. I am 43 and I will probably be getting my next one shortly. Life is too short to say "I wish I would have..." .
    my sister is 47, just got divorced, clean cut (not Rock&Roll I mean) and she's considering getting one.
    her 22 year-old-daughter just got one done this year, so did my 33-year-old cousin (big one on the arm/shoulder).
    no-one should think they CAN'T get one, it's only a matter of do one wants one.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

:o leave me outta this!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    What do people think of white tattoos? Just heard today that this was an option. This design could look fairly cool in white.

• Options
    xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    never seen a white tattoo but i know someone with a glow in the dark one.. only shows up in the dark... i like it.
  • Options
    xscorcho wrote:
    never seen a white tattoo but i know someone with a glow in the dark one.. only shows up in the dark... i like it.

did some research today.. apparently they don't last, and they're a bit translucent rather than opaque.. so perhaps not ;)

• Options
    did some research today.. apparently they don't last, and they're a bit translucent rather than opaque.. so perhaps not ;)

yeah white's not a good idea, it fades really quickly and will look more yellow than white.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    yeah white's not a good idea, it fades really quickly and will look more yellow than white.

Well lots of stuff I've read concurs... so that's that idea out the window.

I watched a programme called Miami Ink today and not only did it make me really excited to get my tattoo; it also made me wonder whether I wanted something different; maybe some literary illustration.

Hmmm..

• Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    Well lots of stuff I've read concurs... so that's that idea out the window.

I watched a programme called Miami Ink today and not only did it make me really excited to get my tattoo; it also made me wonder whether I wanted something different; maybe some literary illustration.

Hmmm..
    that the programme with that kat von d girl?

man she is hot. i do like a tattoooeoed lady!
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    Pegasus wrote:
    ooh, nice one..but where are you getting it? (don't think the forearm like duggro works best)
    oi oi oi!

you pure insultin ma tattoo? remember, now that i have one, it makes me a badass, so tread carefully

:)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    What do people think of white tattoos? Just heard today that this was an option. This design could look fairly cool in white.

:) I have a yin and yang on my right foot which was tattoed with white in the appropriate spots. I had to get it recoloured pretty soon after I had it done and it still didn't hold the colour well. I've not bothered to get it done again. The symbol looks fine without it. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    that the programme with that kat von d girl?

man she is hot. i do like a tattoooeoed lady!

yes. she is hot, agreed

• Options
    Kat von D is on LA Ink now... it kicks Miami Inks ass cos the girlies are lovely! Also, London Ink just started... think its on some random discovery channel :)

It depends on yer skin and how it takes to the white. I've just had some white ink put into my tattoo, and while it won't stay white, it will still be slightly lighter than my skin tone. Although I'm just using it for highlighting... but my god is my arm owwie right now :(
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Kat von D is on LA Ink now... it kicks Miami Inks ass cos the girlies are lovely! Also, London Ink just started... think its on some random discovery channel :)

It depends on yer skin and how it takes to the white. I've just had some white ink put into my tattoo, and while it won't stay white, it will still be slightly lighter than my skin tone. Although I'm just using it for highlighting... but my god is my arm owwie right now :(

:( Hope it feels better soon

Yeah, I saw the first LA Ink show last night. I could become addicted. Nice to see the process being done; whets the appetite until I get my own. :D

London Ink sounds interesting. I'll have to try and find it.

• Options
    Miami Ink.....class - Chris Garver is one of the greatest tattooists I've ever seen.
    Darren Brass is class too :D

Kat Von D - extremely hot, was treated like shit on Miami Ink and first show of LA looked good last night.

London Ink - Did not enjoy it at all, too much arguing and not enough tattooes

:D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Miami Ink.....class - Chris Garver is one of the greatest tattooists I've ever seen.
    Darren Brass is class too :D

Kat Von D - extremely hot, was treated like shit on Miami Ink and first show of LA looked good last night.

London Ink - Did not enjoy it at all, too much arguing and not enough tattooes

What I liked best about LA ink is that you got to see a lot of the process actually happening. I don't want to just watch a bunch of emos engaging in reality tv bickering. We'll see how it pans out :D

• Options
    What I liked best about LA ink is that you got to see a lot of the process actually happening. I don't want to just watch a bunch of emos engaging in reality tv bickering. We'll see how it pans out :D

Yeah I agree with ya but I have a feeling that Kat is pretty cool and understands that it should be all about the tats...lets face it she is an amazing artist and the quality of her work is something special. The fact that she is hot is a bonus but should not take away from her ability.

Although saying that, she has lost a good bit of weight since Miami Ink and I don't think it suits her...prefered her with a bit of meat on her....still would tho ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options

OK then how about tattooing a quote from Friedrich Nietzsche's 'Thus Spake Zarathustra'.

At least you'd appear well read.

Yeah then you could add some more Nietzsche quotes so you could look like that guy in Cape Fear.

'God is Dead'
    'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'.....I actually think this one is a paraphrase but fuck it!
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    Yeah then you could add some more Nietzsche quotes so you could look like that guy in Cape Fear.

'God is Dead'
    'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'.....I actually think this one is a paraphrase but fuck it!

it's more or less there ;)