Options

Thinking of getting a tattoo... talk me into or out of it!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Or maybe one of those Chinese dragons which all the chavs are going for. They are so hot right now.

I've checked with Duggro... getting the same one as his. :)
    ooh, nice one..but where are you getting it? (don't think the forearm like duggro works best)
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I was going to get one a few years back...but now i feel Im too old.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    wouldn't DREAM of talking anyone into getting a tattoo...or out of getting a tattoo. it's your body, and such a personal choice. think about it long and hard....and then follow your heart's desire. :)

i got my one and only tattoo at the age of 35. :D i ADORE it.....took a long time deciding what i wanted and i am fully pleased with it. it cannot be seen unless i want it to be, and quite honestly it is rare for me to wear something that would show it off. however, *I* know it's there.....and it makes me happy. so whatever you decide, just be sure it is to make YOU HAPPY. enjoy!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    My friend is getting a quote for me as we speak. I've wanted to for about a year but only now am I saying 'Fuck it, yes.'

:eek:

do it man. DO IT.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    I think if you are even considering a teeny tiny bit to get one, you need to do it. I have a couple and I love them so much. They mean so much to me for where I was at, at the time they were done. Milestones in my life. Divorce, cancer diagnosis...stuff like that. They are like souvenirs you never lose. I go to a great guy and I treat all of his stuff as if it was art. You will love yours.

I am thinking on a new one that is PJ related. But I don't want the stick man and I don't want lyrics. It would be too hard to chose the right lyrics.

I can't remember the person that said they don't want one because they are "too old". I say screw that. :) If you want one, don't let that thought hold you back. I am 43 and I will probably be getting my next one shortly. Life is too short to say "I wish I would have..." .
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    chadwick wrote:
    The chic who has done mine probably is a millionaire by now or soon will be.
    All from tattooing.
    She is 100% free hand, fine line, thick ass line, whatever you want, she's on it.
    A pure artist.
    To me stencils/tracing is a scam.
    This is just me and my opinion.
    I am not downing anyones tattoos.
    I personally wouldn't have it done.

Are you keeping her for yourself?

How's about a little name/place dropping, please?
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    I have alot of ink work on me.
    It is addictive.
    I've been in the chair about 20-25 times or more.

Do go to a professional artist.
    If they trace/stencil the fuckin tattoo on your skin
    get up and walk out.

This is my opinion.

The tattoo should be free hand drawn onto your flesh
    Then tattooed.

If they can't draw the art on you and they need to cheat by using a stencil/tracing thingy,
    that shows me they are not skilled in the art of tattooing.

i'm sorry, but i think this is bull.... there's nothing wrong with using a stencil.... i'm not talking about using "flash", which most people would agree isn't the way to go... but tell me exactly what is wrong with an artist doing a custom piece on paper, and then creating a stencil from it?? :confused:

plus, the design that harmless wants needs PERFECT CIRCLES.... damn right i'd want the artist to use a stencil! If somebody thinks they're going to freehand circles on me, i'd get up and walk out.... nobody can draw a perfect circle. (except einstein, or davinci, or whoever it was.... ;):p)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    I think if you are even considering a teeny tiny bit to get one, you need to do it. I have a couple and I love them so much. They mean so much to me for where I was at, at the time they were done. Milestones in my life. Divorce, cancer diagnosis...stuff like that. They are like souvenirs you never lose. I go to a great guy and I treat all of his stuff as if it was art. You will love yours.

I am thinking on a new one that is PJ related. But I don't want the stick man and I don't want lyrics. It would be too hard to chose the right lyrics.

I can't remember the person that said they don't want one because they are "too old". I say screw that. :) If you want one, don't let that thought hold you back. I am 43 and I will probably be getting my next one shortly. Life is too short to say "I wish I would have..." .

full agreeance with everything up there! ESPECIALLY the part of tatts being like souvenirs. The one i got in hawaii after the pearl jam show last year is DEFINITELY my greatest souvenir.

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    i'm sorry, but i think this is bull.... there's nothing wrong with using a stencil.... i'm not talking about using "flash", which most people would agree isn't the way to go... but tell me exactly what is wrong with an artist doing a custom piece on paper, and then creating a stencil from it?? :confused:

plus, the design that harmless wants needs PERFECT CIRCLES.... damn right i'd want the artist to use a stencil! If somebody thinks they're going to freehand circles on me, i'd get up and walk out.... nobody can draw a perfect circle. (except einstein, or davinci, or whoever it was.... ;):p)

I concur :)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    f***, I think that right now might not be the best time for you get a tattoo. It's something you'll have the rest of your life. You're going through a hard time right now, we all know that. I say if you still want it in 6 months, go for it! But give yourself some time.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    i have a tattoo of two koi fish swimming in water with cherry blossoms floating all aroun covering the entire top of my left foot. It hurt worse than anything I have ever experienced before but it was so worth it. I love my tattoo. I only think you should get one if your 100% about it. Its not really one of those, "ah I guess I'll just go get a tattoo today" type of things. But to each his own.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I know a guy called Tony who's with a girl called Gemma. He wanted to write 'Tony' then 'Gemma' on both wrists but he said it hurt so much that all he's ended up with is 'T' and 'G'.

LOL

Everyone will think he goes to Torture Garden for spanking sessions.
  • Options
    f***, I think that right now might not be the best time for you get a tattoo. It's something you'll have the rest of your life. You're going through a hard time right now, we all know that. I say if you still want it in 6 months, go for it! But give yourself some time.

I've actually wanted one for a year, so don't worry, it is premeditated. :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options

Good points well made. That was what I was thinking; I need perfect circles, therefore I need a stencil.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    ooh, nice one..but where are you getting it? (don't think the forearm like duggro works best)

Really? I like the forearm thing but I think it'll hurt like a bitch... is that the reason you wouldn't suggest it?

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    Are you keeping her for yourself?

How's about a little name/place dropping, please?

She moves around the world.
    She probably still here in the US for now.
    Last I knew she was out east in one of the Carolina's.
    She was raised in Hong Kong and England, she's an English gal.
    Her dad taught the English language in Hong Kong.
    She lived in Iowa, Illinois, California, Florida and one of the Carolina's.
    She a marathon runner, a fitness instructor, tattoo artist, artist.
    Her name is Rebecca.
    She might be in Spain or Holland.
    If you find her, you're set.
    I should try and contact her myself, we have mutual friends.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Since tattoos involve needles and blood, they carry several risks. These include transmission of diseases like hepatitis, tuberculosis and possibly HIV. When tattoo artists follow all the correct sterilization and sanitation procedures, risks for disease transmission are relatively low. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there has not been a documented case of HIV transmission from a tattoo. However, doctors warn that non-sterile tattooing practices can lead to the transmission of syphilis, hepatitis B and other infectious organisms.

Infections can occur in new tattoos, especially without appropriate aftercare. Some people also experience allergic reactions to tattoo inks. Although the pigments used may have U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for other purposes, the FDA does not regulate tattoo inks. Finally, some people experience pain or burning during magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) examinations because of metallic pigments. Some doctors have also reported interference and distorted MRI images from permanent makeup pigments.

In addition, most states place restrictions on whether people who have tattoos can donate blood. Because of the danger of hepatitis, the American Red Cross will not accept blood from someone who has been tattooed in the past year unless the tattoo parlor is state-regulated. Most states do not regulate tattoo parlors. [Source: American Red Cross]

Tattoo professionals use rules known as universal precautions to prevent the spread of illnesses during tattooing. These precautions are part of the Bloodborne Pathogens Rule issued by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The same rules apply to hospitals and doctors' offices. The CDC is a good resource for information about universal precautions.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    i have a tattoo of two koi fish swimming in water with cherry blossoms floating all aroun covering the entire top of my left foot. It hurt worse than anything I have ever experienced before but it was so worth it. I love my tattoo. I only think you should get one if your 100% about it. Its not really one of those, "ah I guess I'll just go get a tattoo today" type of things. But to each his own.

oh MAN. i am IMMAGINing your pain. I only got words tattooed on the top of my foot & it was by FAR the worst feeling ink yet! all of my tattoos have meaning exxxcept for one. i got it this summer becuz i made a pact with someone that every 6months we need more! so he drew somn & wanted me to get it. I have ALWYAS been the artist. i figured it was fair since HE always gets the designs I DRAW. I took a chance in getting it WITHOUT knowing what it meant til AFTER. its small but the meaning is priceless. :)

• Options
    My friend is getting a quote for me as we speak. I've wanted to for about a year but only now am I saying 'Fuck it, yes.'

For your first tat go with something small and subtle...

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site297/2007/0625/20070625_094901_allgiermug.jpg
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    wish i could talk you out of it, but ive done it, so i can't. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    wish i could talk you out of it, but ive done it, so i can't. :)

So you're sort of inadvertently talking me into it then? ;)

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    So you're sort of inadvertently talking me into it then? ;)

and i suppose if i admitted that the pain was kinda erotic, that wouldnt help in talking you out of it either would it, huh? ;):D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    and i suppose if i admitted that the pain was kinda erotic, that wouldnt help in talking you out of it either would it, huh? ;):D

well in the absence of something female to make me feel 'erotic' a machine will have to do.... :D

• Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    chadwick wrote:
    She moves around the world.
    She probably still here in the US for now.
    Last I knew she was out east in one of the Carolina's.
    She was raised in Hong Kong and England, she's an English gal.
    Her dad taught the English language in Hong Kong.
    She lived in Iowa, Illinois, California, Florida and one of the Carolina's.
    She a marathon runner, a fitness instructor, tattoo artist, artist.
    Her name is Rebecca.
    She might be in Spain or Holland.
    If you find her, you're set.
    I should try and contact her myself, we have mutual friends.

Thanks,

I've been wanting to expand my ankle pieces for quite sometime. I will probably go to Slave to the Needle, but your gal sounds kick ass.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Really? I like the forearm thing but I think it'll hurt like a bitch... is that the reason you wouldn't suggest it?

Its gonna hurt no matter where ye get it really! I have my new tattoos in the same place on the forearm, and found it very bearable, except up near the fold of my elbow, where the skin was getting a li'l thinner. I always go into a kind of meditated state though, lots of deep breaths and the like!

no matter what you imagine the pain to be like, it won't be anything like it... its such an odd sensation!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Its gonna hurt no matter where ye get it really! I have my new tattoos in the same place on the forearm, and found it very bearable, except up near the fold of my elbow, where the skin was getting a li'l thinner. I always go into a kind of meditated state though, lots of deep breaths and the like!

no matter what you imagine the pain to be like, it won't be anything like it... its such an odd sensation!

I don't think I have any expectations, just excitement.

Ask me again on the night before though ;)

• Options
    Jennytree wrote:

I find it to be really relaxing.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options

Haha! I was thinking that! Get a big scary tattoo on your face... and get your eyeballs pierced as well.

I'm not very good at giving advice. :o
  • Options
    Haha! I was thinking that! Get a big scary tattoo on your face... and get your eyeballs pierced as well.

I'm not very good at giving advice. :o

You're better than you think at giving advice. I'm going to really, really, really consider the eyeballs... :D