Conspiracy Nuts?

TheVoiceInsideTheVoiceInside Posts: 361
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
After reading some pages from Kabong's thread about explosives in WTC I realized something. Aperantly most of the posters here are very quick to label anyone who believes in conspiracy theories as a "nut". I see that they call them nuts because they believe in things that dont have alot of logic and just dont make any sense. So if I were to tell you all a story some 2000 years ago about a man who walked on water, turned water into wine, healed the injured and disabled, and many other increadible things only to be crucified and later resurect from the dead and then after roaming the earth for some 40 days ascended up into the sky never to be heard from again. Are any of you out there going to give me any proof? My point is dont call someone a nut for believing in events that have questions that are yet to be answered because if we were to do that then I think that all humans, especially those who believe in one of the major religions is nuts also.
Post edited by Unknown User on
«13

Comments

  • inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    great point...don't forget to add Global Warming to the "quick to dismiss" list...

    "god is real but global warming is a myth..."
  • onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    After reading some pages from Kabong's thread about explosives in WTC I realized something. Aperantly most of the posters here are very quick to label anyone who believes in conspiracy theories as a "nut". I see that they call them nuts because they believe in things that dont have alot of logic and just dont make any sense. So if I were to tell you all a story some 2000 years ago about a man who walked on water, turned water into wine, healed the injured and disabled, and many other increadible things only to be crucified and later resurect from the dead and then after roaming the earth for some 40 days ascended up into the sky never to be heard from again. Are any of you out there going to give me any proof? My point is dont call someone a nut for believing in events that have questions that are yet to be answered because if we were to do that then I think that all humans, especially those who believe in one of the major religions is nuts also.

    i was legally brain dead for 20 minutes and can assure you God and Jesus exist. not that you'll listen because your mind is made up. religion is based on faith.

    i've been following el's thread throughtout the entire debate and not one shread of evidence has been presented to prove any type of conspiracy. just the babblings of people who were not involved in the investigation and not having the education to make such claims. if you noticed; none of them would bend even when presented with solid evidence that events occured. i'm surprised they admitt it even happened. oh yea; one said it was holograms.
    i live a free and happy life and i can't imagine living in such fear and distrust. everything must be questioned but where's the line?
    www.eatwild.com
    if guns kill people; then pencils cause mispelling
    i'm trying to think but nothing happens- jerome howard
    revenge is sweet without being fattening
  • NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    i was legally brain dead for 20 minutes and can assure you God and Jesus exist. not that you'll listen because your mind is made up. religion is based on faith.

    Did Jesus look like the traditional illustrations? You know, white guy with long brown hair, beard and mustache?

    I've had some people say to me, that I look like Jesus.

    "Jesus greets me.....looks just like me"
  • After reading some pages from Kabong's thread about explosives in WTC I realized something. Aperantly most of the posters here are very quick to label anyone who believes in conspiracy theories as a "nut". I see that they call them nuts because they believe in things that dont have alot of logic and just dont make any sense. So if I were to tell you all a story some 2000 years ago about a man who walked on water, turned water into wine, healed the injured and disabled, and many other increadible things only to be crucified and later resurect from the dead and then after roaming the earth for some 40 days ascended up into the sky never to be heard from again. Are any of you out there going to give me any proof? My point is dont call someone a nut for believing in events that have questions that are yet to be answered because if we were to do that then I think that all humans, especially those who believe in one of the major religions is nuts also.

    I wouldn't call either group nuts, but I do believe they suffer from exactly the same affliction.
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus San DiegoPosts: 489
    i was legally brain dead for 20 minutes and can assure you God and Jesus exist.
    You WERE legally brain dead? This might not end good for you, but please do tell more...

    By the way...do you think it's possible to dream when you're "brain dead" just like when you sleep? That could be one simple explanation for people who "see the light," etc.
    208XXX (9.21.00)
    '98 - E. Lansing, MI & Auburn Hills, MI
    '00 - Tampa, FL & Noblesville, IN
    '03 - Lexington, KY & Noblesville, IN
    '06 - Cincinnati, OH
    '07 - Chicago (Lollapalooza)
    '08 - Milwaukee, WI (Ed solo)
    '09 - Chicago #1
    '10 - Noblesville, IN
    '13 - San Diego, Los Angeles #1 & #2
    '16 - Los Angeles (Temple of the Dog)
  • religion is based on faith.

    So are 9/11 conspiracy theories.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,211
    EDIT...
    everything must be questioned but where's the line?
    ...
    Apparently it is drawn right here:
    "I was legally brain dead for 20 minutes and can assure you God and Jesus exist... religion is based on faith."
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • i was legally brain dead for 20 minutes and can assure you God and Jesus exist. not that you'll listen because your mind is made up. religion is based on faith.

    i've been following el's thread throughtout the entire debate and not one shread of evidence has been presented to prove any type of conspiracy. just the babblings of people who were not involved in the investigation and not having the education to make such claims. if you noticed; none of them would bend even when presented with solid evidence that events occured. i'm surprised they admitt it even happened. oh yea; one said it was holograms.
    i live a free and happy life and i can't imagine living in such fear and distrust. everything must be questioned but where's the line?


    wether my mind is made up or not is not the point, the point is that you cant label soemone a nut when at the same time you believe in something that is totally irrational. pot calling the kettle black. Imm not into name calling I just wanted to point that out because of the silly arguing that was going on in kabong's thread and most of the MT.
  • So are 9/11 conspiracy theories.



    I agree but i wouldnt say faith, i would however say those theories are based in a deep belief that their is something that is wrong with events like 911. its soemthing like faith, but i dont think it is. Faith has too much of a religious tone.
  • I agree but i wouldnt say faith, i would however say those theories are based in a deep belief that their is something that is wrong with events like 911.

    I completely agree, and therein lies the problem. To believe in one thing simply because of a "deep belief" that there is something wrong with another thing is irrational. If I have a "deep belief" that 2+2 does not equal 5, it doesn't mean that I should then believe that 2+2 equals 3.

    People should not believe something because of a "deep belief" in the problems with another thing. They should believe in something based on the rational reasoning supporting it.
    its soemthing like faith, but i dont think it is. Faith has too much of a religious tone.

    Faith has many religious tones. But faith is found anywhere logic and fact is eschewed for another path.
  • onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    Spartancus wrote:
    You WERE legally brain dead? This might not end good for you, but please do tell more...

    By the way...do you think it's possible to dream when you're "brain dead" just like when you sleep? That could be one simple explanation for people who "see the light," etc.

    i wish i did see the light; or at least what others claim to see. there's no possible way i can still be alive but i am. there's no way i could get 2 degrees afterwards but i did.
    dreaming while brain dead is possible; but not after the brain is deprived of blood for an extended period of time. most of the people who dream these experiences are not brain dead. the brain continues to function for a while after death. brain dead means the brain stops to function. death may be defined as the heart stopping; but brain dead narrows the deffinition.
    www.eatwild.com
    if guns kill people; then pencils cause mispelling
    i'm trying to think but nothing happens- jerome howard
    revenge is sweet without being fattening
  • onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    wether my mind is made up or not is not the point, the point is that you cant label soemone a nut when at the same time you believe in something that is totally irrational. pot calling the kettle black. Imm not into name calling I just wanted to point that out because of the silly arguing that was going on in kabong's thread and most of the MT.

    i don't recall labeling anyone anything. you believe what you want based on the information you have. like the world being flat. that was the belief until other evidence was presented. the sun revolving around the earth was another belief dismissed after more evidence was discovered.

    i have faith that i'll wake up tomorrow and it has nothing to do with religion. one marrys with the faith that their partner will be faithful. that's not religious either. conspiracy theories are based on conjecture. not faith. if there were hard facts it wouldn't be a thoery anymore.
    www.eatwild.com
    if guns kill people; then pencils cause mispelling
    i'm trying to think but nothing happens- jerome howard
    revenge is sweet without being fattening
  • I completely agree, and therein lies the problem. To believe in one thing simply because of a "deep belief" that there is something wrong with another thing is irrational.



    Yes, but what if it turns out that one is correct. is it just luck?
  • Yes, but what if it turns out that one is correct. is it just luck?

    Yes. The amount of luck involved is the measure of the degree of speculation involved in the claim.
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    i wish i did see the light; or at least what others claim to see. there's no possible way i can still be alive but i am. there's no way i could get 2 degrees afterwards but i did.
    dreaming while brain dead is possible; but not after the brain is deprived of blood for an extended period of time. most of the people who dream these experiences are not brain dead. the brain continues to function for a while after death. brain dead means the brain stops to function. death may be defined as the heart stopping; but brain dead narrows the deffinition.

    Have you ever done fighter pilot training? The centrifugal force draws the blood out of their brains and causes a dream state. That dream state is actually a traumatic dream state and many people see tubes of white light with waving family members at the end.

    I was in a serious car accident when I was a kid and was considered to have brain damage aswell. I was not concious for a long period of time. However, I didn't have any episodes, to this day I don't really dream, when I do it's so obscure no sense can be made from it. I dream maybe once every 6 months.

    Any near death experience I've had, or death experience in that case, resulted in nothingness, complete void. Why? because that's what I believe happens after death.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • i don't recall labeling anyone anything. you believe what you want based on the information you have. like the world being flat. that was the belief until other evidence was presented. the sun revolving around the earth was another belief dismissed after more evidence was discovered.

    i have faith that i'll wake up tomorrow and it has nothing to do with religion. one marrys with the faith that their partner will be faithful. that's not religious either. conspiracy theories are based on conjecture. not faith. if there were hard facts it wouldn't be a thoery anymore.


    i see what you are saying but i disagree. to me its the same thing that when it comes to questioning religion I think poeple just get a little intimidated. and just use faith as a quick solution to a huge problem.
  • Yes. The amount of luck involved is the measure of the degree of speculation involved in the claim.



    Gods dice.
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    Have you ever done fighter pilot training? The centrifugal force draws the blood out of their brains and causes a dream state. That dream state is actually a traumatic dream state and many people see tubes of white light with waving family members at the end.

    I was in a serious car accident when I was a kid and was considered to have brain damage aswell. I was not concious for a long period of time. However, I didn't have any episodes, to this day I don't really dream, when I do it's so obscure no sense can be made from it. I dream maybe once every 6 months.

    Any near death experience I've had, or death experience in that case, resulted in nothingness, complete void. Why? because that's what I believe happens after death.


    that is freaky man...... i dream every day and really vivid dreams too. i cant imagine sleep without dreams. I still think we know very little about the mind.
  • Gods dice.

    Precisely.
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    that is freaky man...... i dream every day and really vivid dreams too. i cant imagine sleep without dreams. I still think we know very little about the mind.

    I think it has to do with my state of mind when I go to sleep. I don't think about stuff a lot when I go to bed. I just go there to sleep. I don't dwell on things either, or really worry about stuff. I might talk about conspiracies and inside jobs and all this scary stuff, but at the end of it, it doesn't scare me or affect me in any other way. And I don't believe in god.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • that is freaky man...... i dream every day and really vivid dreams too. i cant imagine sleep without dreams. I still think we know very little about the mind.

    Same here I have very intense dreams every night...plus you gotta love the dreams where you become lucid inside your dream..all of sudden you are controlling everything...except the urge to wake increases with every second that you become aware while dreaming...I always strive for this type of dream....every once and again I get one....
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Same here I have very intense dreams every night...plus you gotta love the dreams where you become lucid inside your dream..all of sudden you are controlling everything...except the urge to wake increases with every second that you become aware while dreaming...I always strive for this type of dream....every once and again I get one....

    I've tried all my life to have a wet dream. I hear they are a lot of fun, but alas, it's never happened.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Have you ever done fighter pilot training? The centrifugal force draws the blood out of their brains and causes a dream state. That dream state is actually a traumatic dream state and many people see tubes of white light with waving family members at the end.

    I was in a serious car accident when I was a kid and was considered to have brain damage aswell. I was not concious for a long period of time. However, I didn't have any episodes, to this day I don't really dream, when I do it's so obscure no sense can be made from it. I dream maybe once every 6 months.

    Any near death experience I've had, or death experience in that case, resulted in nothingness, complete void. Why? because that's what I believe happens after death.

    please post any information that a fighter piolt dies or becomes brain dead during extreeme G forces. i'm talking the heart and measurable brain activity stops.
    i don't dream at all. and i didn't before the brain anneurysm. i don't go into rem sleep.
    my experience wasn't religious per say. i was catholic before the incident.
    www.eatwild.com
    if guns kill people; then pencils cause mispelling
    i'm trying to think but nothing happens- jerome howard
    revenge is sweet without being fattening
  • Same here I have very intense dreams every night...plus you gotta love the dreams where you become lucid inside your dream..all of sudden you are controlling everything...except the urge to wake increases with every second that you become aware while dreaming...I always strive for this type of dream....every once and again I get one....




    Those are great. I have been shot, stabed, beaten up, car crashes you name it all the while i knew i was dreaming. its fucking intense. cuz it looks and feel real. i always laff it off when i wake up.
  • Those are great. I have been shot, stabed, beaten up, car crashes you name it all the while i knew i was dreaming. its fucking intense. cuz it looks and feel real. i always laff it off when i wake up.

    Yeah I did a header into concrete once...freaking did feel real...but yeah man these dreams seriously are the best....I just love the feeling all of sudden...hey I am dreaming here...then it is go time...do whatever you may please...so much fun...do you also find it hard to stay dreaming once you realize you are dreaming?
  • Yeah I did a header into concrete once...freaking did feel real...but yeah man these dreams seriously are the best....I just love the feeling all of sudden...hey I am dreaming here...then it is go time...do whatever you may please...so much fun...do you also find it hard to stay dreaming once you realize you are dreaming?




    Actually I have been able to continue dreams. I would wake up get the phone or something and then go back to sleep and continue the dream. I think that is why i love to sleep so much.
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    please post any information that a fighter piolt dies or becomes brain dead during extreeme G forces. i'm talking the heart and measurable brain activity stops.
    i don't dream at all. and i didn't before the brain anneurysm. i don't go into rem sleep.
    my experience wasn't religious per say. i was catholic before the incident.

    Ok, well what happens at high G's is the heart cannot pump blood with enough force for it to reach the brain. It's not exactly sucking the blood out of the brain, rather the heart doesn't function properly under those circumstances.
    wikipedia wrote:
    g-induced Loss Of Consciousness is a condition where a person loses consciousness because g-forces move the blood away from the brain (black out) or move excess blood towards the brain (red out). The condition is most often linked to pilots of fighter planes or astronauts.

    Incidents of acceleration-induced loss of consciousness were reported to have caused some deadly aircraft accidents in the 1970s. In the 1980s, in an attempt to reduce the risk of g-LOC related incidents, air force training facilities in many countries began to see centrifugation as a regular part of pilot training.

    Aerobatic and fighter pilots may sometimes experience a brownout or grey out between 6 to 8g. This is not a total LOC but is characterised by temporary loss of coloured vision and/or tunnel vision, or even complete loss of vision temporarily, while consciousness remains. They may also be unable to interpret verbal commands.
    It is possible to classify the G-LOC episodes. The G-LOC experience includes specific visual symptoms (tunnel vision through blackout), convulsive activity, memory alterations, dreamlets, and other psychological symptoms. The major, overall G-LOC experience characteristics that have commonality with NDEs are shown below.

    Tunnel vision / bright light
    Floating
    Automatic movement
    Autoscopy
    Out-of-body experience
    Not wanting to be disturbed
    Paralysis
    Vivid dreamlets / beautiful places
    a. Euphoria
    b. Dissociation
    Pleasurable
    Psychologic state alteration
    Friends / family inclusion
    Prior memories / thoughts inclusion
    Very memorable (when remembered)
    Confabulation
    Strong urge to understand
    http://www.near-death.com/experiences/triggers06.html

    There is more information available to you on many websites, search for Gravity Induced Loss of Consciousness
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Ok, well what happens at high G's is the heart cannot pump blood with enough force for it to reach the brain. It's not exactly sucking the blood out of the brain, rather the heart doesn't function properly under those circumstances.





    There is more information available to you on many websites, search for Gravity Induced Loss of Consciousness

    wait; wait; are we still talking about death? loss of consiousness is a lot different from death. are you saying the pilots die? if they are; then are you admitting there is life after death? you'd have to admitt that because if death is final; they wouldn't have anything to come back from.
    also; are they unconsious for 20 minutes? who's flying the plane?
    www.eatwild.com
    if guns kill people; then pencils cause mispelling
    i'm trying to think but nothing happens- jerome howard
    revenge is sweet without being fattening
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    wait; wait; are we still talking about death? loss of consiousness is a lot different from death. are you saying the pilots die? if they are; then are you admitting there is life after death? you'd have to admitt that because if death is final; they wouldn't have anything to come back from.
    also; are they unconsious for 20 minutes? who's flying the plane?

    I don't know exactly how they deal with the G-LOC, I know veteran pilots don't have much of a problem with it. Probably why they have centrifuge training for new pilots.

    Someone can die and come back to life 20 minutes later, that's entirely possible. Their hearts can stop and be brought back to life, happens every day I'd imagine. It's kind of liking shutting down your computer and turning it on 20 minutes later. Only the body relies on it's self for power, so shutting it down for too long might cause it to stop functioning. Brain damage of course is common
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 688
    you nut
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.