Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    nicky-p38 said:

Very nice! How did you frame the records? Is the mat on top of the record? I have a signed ITW that I want to display but haven't figured out how.

I framed them myself, I bought them at "bags unlimited", I made my second order today to frame my other signed albums. So far I'm happy with the results.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    arq said:

More to come next week

Very very beautiful Jose. Awesome frame job.
    One hand will wash the other!
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    First time in a little while visiting these pages so thought I'd put up my latest addition, EV Tulsa 12. The stained ash frame really sets the colours off. Excuse the poor pic but the lens on my Galaxy has seen better days.

Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    A little update, more to come soon.

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    Arq you are one lucky MF!
  • Options
    arq said:

More to come next week

I want to come down to your new place to check that out. Also want to make a contribution to your collection "before" any new arrival.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Oh my brother.. anyday now, 10-14 days tops
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    question for poster framers: with ticket stub or without? I am planning on framing my PJ/EV posters, but not sure what I prefer. Thoughts?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

question for poster framers: with ticket stub or without? I am planning on framing my PJ/EV posters, but not sure what I prefer. Thoughts?

My heart says yes but my eye says no. I fully understand those who frame the posters & ticket together and the logic behind it. They're both GREAT keepsakes/collector's items from the show and framing them together keeps them together. However I am one of many here who see the posters we collect as art and to my eye farming the poster with the stub makes it look to the eye like you've framed it with the receipt from purchasing it. The ticket takes my eye way from the art of the poster. Just my .02 cents...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options

The ticket takes my eye way from the art of the poster. Just my .02 cents...

Solid reasoning.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    edited February 2015

My heart says yes but my eye says no. I fully understand those who frame the posters & ticket together and the logic behind it. They're both GREAT keepsakes/collector's items from the show and framing them together keeps them together. However I am one of many here who see the posters we collect as art and to my eye farming the poster with the stub makes it look to the eye like you've framed it with the receipt from purchasing it. The ticket takes my eye way from the art of the poster. Just my .02 cents...
    I agree. Poster framed only, anything else is a distraction IMO
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I, too, prefer mine framed without the ticket (or sticker, wristband, or any extras) for a few reasons: As Caught mentioned, it takes my eyes away from the art; Most framers will charge more for additional mat cutouts; And most importantly for me, it maintains uniformity if you plan to frame posters of shows you didn't attend. Heck, I even keep my framing methods uniform - matte black wood frame, non-glare glass, black top mat, accent color bottom mat. It's a timeless look that will work with any decor.
  • Options
    I got myself some learnin' ta do. I have zero idea what you just said, HCD. LOL.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    pjwingman said:

[img]P1040899_zps4a6f4205.jpg

R.I.P. Mr. Banks

Whoa, where did this come from?
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    That PJ/U2 Klausen doodle is MONEY.

Any pics of the Klausen Dublin by chance ;)

maverick said:

Here's a few newly framed.

Klausen Bridge School 2010

IMG_9987.jpg

I tried to match the mats and frame of the Bridge School poster to go along side of this one.

Slater Brisbane 2014

IMG_5295.jpg

Klausen London 2010

The biggest mat is a grey mat with a lot of navy in it. Hard to capture it well here.

IMG_9972.jpg

As long as I'm uploading the new ones, here are some of the older ones...

Klausen Honolulu 2006 - still my favorite

Honoluluwithlighthousedoodle.jpg

Klausen Washington D.C. 2006

DSC02910.jpg

Klausen George, WA 2006

2569.jpg

Klausen George, WA 2005

IMG_0360.jpg

Klausen Hartford 2008

DSC02915.jpg

Ames Bros St. Louis 1998

DSC02929.jpg

"thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

I got myself some learnin' ta do. I have zero idea what you just said, HCD. LOL.

Haha! In a nutshell, I just like my shit to all have the same look.
  • Options

I'm with He's Called Dyer. I have matching frames (black with silver edges) with UV glass in them. Only the colored edged mattes are different.
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

I'll agree with THIS statement,
    I like all of my posters to look the same!!
    For posters from shows that I've attended,
    I use the same black frame & top matte...
    AND I use a colored bottom matte that coordinates with the poster!!
    I'm gonna give a differing opinion on framing tickets & other items with your poster though.
    To ME...
    a concert poster is so much more than just the ART of the poster,
    I've got some pretty horrible posters (skulls, owls & dinosaurs) that barely qualify as "ART"
    I think of a concert poster as a MEMORY of the whole event.
    Standing in line with friends to get my poster & stickers,
    picking up my 10 Club tickets,
    pictures of friends I met or attended the show with,
    the historic aspects of the venue,
    or even pictures of the performance itself!!!
    Gig posters are personal to me & I enjoy looking at them,
    and reliving the memories associated with the GREAT time I had at THE SHOW!!!
    Bottom line for me is it's YOUR poster...
    do whatever YOU want with them!!
    Just get them out of that TUBE
    (unless you really enjoy looking at tubes!!)
    :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

I'll agree with THIS statement,
    I like all of my posters to look the same!!
    For posters from shows that I've attended,
    I use the same black frame & top matte...
    AND I use a colored bottom matte that coordinates with the poster!!
    I'm gonna give a differing opinion on framing tickets & other items with your poster though.
    To ME...
    a concert poster is so much more than just the ART of the poster,
    I've got some pretty horrible posters (skulls, owls & dinosaurs) that barely qualify as "ART"
    I think of a concert poster as a MEMORY of the whole event.
    Standing in line with friends to get my poster & stickers,
    picking up my 10 Club tickets,
    pictures of friends I met or attended the show with,
    the historic aspects of the venue,
    or even pictures of the performance itself!!!
    Gig posters are personal to me & I enjoy looking at them,
    and reliving the memories associated with the GREAT time I had at THE SHOW!!!
    Bottom line for me is it's YOUR poster...
    do whatever YOU want with them!!
    Just get them out of that TUBE
    (unless you really enjoy looking at tubes!!)
    :rock_on:
    Yeah....this... ^^^

• Options
    arq said:

The ticket takes my eye way from the art of the poster. Just my .02 cents...

Solid reasoning.
    I agree also with that logic. I even have a ticket stub, 1st row right in front of Mike that is NOT framed in my poster from that night. Date already in poster.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575

I, too, prefer mine framed without the ticket (or sticker, wristband, or any extras) for a few reasons: As Caught mentioned, it takes my eyes away from the art; Most framers will charge more for additional mat cutouts; And most importantly for me, it maintains uniformity if you plan to frame posters of shows you didn't attend. Heck, I even keep my framing methods uniform - matte black wood frame, non-glare glass, black top mat, accent color bottom mat. It's a timeless look that will work with any decor.

Agree. I have a binder full of all my stubs but most are just generic, ugly paper that I don't need to look at daily.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,582
    edited February 2015

I give up. need some help. cannot upload any pic.
    Post edited by RW8297 on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited February 2015
    RW8297 said:

Have you done it before and are having trouble now?
    If not, make sure you have the picture saved online somewhere....then copy the image location and insert it into the image button above
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited February 2015

I dont much care for this poster but it is the only one I have that has the ticket framed with it because it was my first PJ show....Oct 31, 1993 Greek Theater, Berkeley, CA.
    I framed the 2014 Cincy show w/ticket & sticker for my brother since it was the first PJ show for him.

That said, I love what some of the people have shared in this thread with tickets, wrist bands, pins, stickers, records and other stuff in with their posters.
  • Options

RW8297 said:

If not, make sure you have the picture saved online somewhere....then copy the image location and insert it into the image button above
    this is my first time :) and I'm pretty sure I'm doing things you've said. arghh
  • Options
    RW8297 said:

RW8297 said:

this is my first time :) and I'm pretty sure I'm doing things you've said. arghh
    Where is your picture saved online? Right click on it and choose Copy Image Location....if you choose Copy Image it wont work. This seems to be something some have made errors with before.
  • Options

• Options
    You got it to work, nice!
  • Options
    edited February 2015

• Options
    yeah, I've seen posters framed with and without the stubs. just can't decide. although, I know it will be much cheaper to go the "without" route.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com