Options

Just got an email from Artillery!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    there was no way this was going to be kept secret ...

makes no difference, with this being announced ahead of time, the site will crash anyway ... hee hee hee ...

Didn't expect it to be secret but I don't see much sense in broadcasting it... why make it harder for yourself to get a print?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    You'll get the Düsseldorf... you on here enough ;) ... just wait for the 10C to drop them for $25 US....
    I was on the pit ALL DAY when the 4 posters sale happened...except for the 4 hours between the time they announced and sold them :rolleyes:

I know I'll get shut out.

that's ok, I got Vic tickets..4 of them :p..it's karma ;)
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    anyone got a Dusseldorf or a DC they want to sell me..........

mostly looking for a DC right now......
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Pegasus wrote:
    I was on the pit ALL DAY when the 4 posters sale happened...except for the 4 hours between the time they announced and sold them :rolleyes:

I know I'll get shut out.

that's ok, I got Vic tickets..4 of them :p..it's karma ;)
    Now THAT was some serious karma! I won't even ask how you got 4 - lol. Great job! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    wolfbear wrote:
    Now THAT was some serious karma! I won't even ask how you got 4 - lol. Great job! :)
    2 in my name ..then logged in for a friend and kept trying for 3 hours before getting another pair..and I kept trying for another hour for another friend (until they put the Out of Stock sign)...made my luck to a point ;)
    still annoyed that we had enough space around us to accommodate our friends locked outside quite comfortably by our euro GA standards :( .. I'm sure there was about twice as many people in the same space at the Astoria!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    wolfbear wrote:

I can tell you how to not get any :( Click for 3 hours straight with several people trying. ;)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Pegasus wrote:
    2 in my name ..then logged in for a friend and kept trying for 3 hours before getting another pair..and I kept trying for another hour for another friend (until they put the Out of Stock sign)...made my luck to a point ;)
    still annoyed that we had enough space around us to accommodate our friends locked outside quite comfortably by our euro GA standards :( .. I'm sure there was about twice as many people in the same space at the Astoria!
    Well, I'm jealous as hell! I didn't even try as I was on jury duty, but after watching the chaos I was kind of glad. I'm sure I would have been pulling my hair out. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    why do you share this information with everyone? seems rather ... stupid to me.
    Why broadcast this?
    are you guys kidding?
  • Options
    chinobaeza wrote:
    are you guys kidding?

No, are you?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    yah... those that were resourceful enough to sign up for the artillery mailing list should have the advantage... but there no point complaining about it now i guess... i dont really have money to spend on posters during the holiday season anyway...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    chinobaeza wrote:
    are you guys kidding?

No. He said he had one or two of each. I am no math genuis but I can divide. The more people that know about this sale, the less my chances are to get the poster I want. You guys and your Jamily mentality are really annoying. This is not the 60s and I am not a fucking hippy. Based on the amount of people who posted the same type of question as I did, I believe I am not alone in my perspective on this type of matter.

Oh and for the record, at the DC show I had TWO DC posters in my possession, but I let the other one go to another fan because I wanted to be fair. So a big "fuck you" to the people who are implying that by asking what I (and many others) think is a perfectly reasonable question, I am somehow selfish. It's all relative you see...

Love,
    Padt (The red one)
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Merry Christmas. Tis the season for giving. Giving information, giving grief.

By the way, I do have a DC and a Doozy-dorf. And yes, they very well may be for sale. But I probably wont tell anyone here for fear of retaliation of retardation. Oops. There I go again, thinking out loud.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    No. He said he had one or two of each. I am no math genuis but I can divide. The more people that know about this sale, the less my chances are to get the poster I want. You guys and your Jamily mentality are really annoying. This is not the 60s and I am not a fucking hippy. Based on the amount of people who posted the same type of question as I did, I believe I am not alone in my perspective on this type of matter.

Oh and for the record, at the DC show I had TWO DC posters in my possession, but I let the other one go to another fan because I wanted to be fair. So a big "fuck you" to the people who are implying that by asking what I (and many others) think is a perfectly reasonable question, I am somehow selfish. It's all relative you see...

Love,
    Padt (The red one)

I know what you're saying. Hope you get what you want when the sale goes down.

But you really didn't need 2 DC posters did you? If you only had one and you gave it away then maybe your post would have some cred.
    That's just my opinion as humble as it may be so I'm just sayin....I get just as mad when they don't announce the sales and everyone flames me for complaining.

So I guess it goes around eh?
    the Minions
  • Options
    cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    I know that some people are upset about the news being announced, but it's not like this is the ONLY message board out there interested in these posters. This information is also on expressobeans in at least two places for example.

To think that the information is going to stay completely under wraps is very naiive IMO.
  • Options
    cerebus wrote:
    I know that some people are upset about the news being announced, but it's not like this is the ONLY message board out there interested in these posters. This information is also on expressobeans in at least two places for example.

To think that the information is going to stay completely under wraps is very naiive IMO.

Who said anything about "completely under wraps"? The point is, why broadcast it when it is only going to make it harder for people to get prints? I would say the same thing over at those boards if went there. Just because something stupid is done repeatedly in different places, it doesn't then make it a smart thing to do.
  • Options
    I smell a dead horse
    the Minions
  • Options
    I smell a dead horse
    yes... ironically everytime someone posts in this thread it is bumped allowing more people to potentially see it and further decreasing the odds of getting one of these terribly overrated posters...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    yes... ironically everytime someone posts in this thread it is bumped allowing more people to potentially see it and further decreasing the odds of getting one of these terribly overrated posters...

Bump for your chances...
  • Options
    cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    Who said anything about "completely under wraps"? The point is, why broadcast it when it is only going to make it harder for people to get prints? I would say the same thing over at those boards if went there. Just because something stupid is done repeatedly in different places, it doesn't then make it a smart thing to do.

I didn't say it was a smart thing to do, but I was trying to point out that it was inevitable. With the number of other boards out there, this information was going to be broadcast to a large number of people.

Also, if BK's e-mail system worked anything close to effectively, all this would be a moot point.

Fuck, I've bumped this thread again :(
  • Options
    That's alright let's keep discussing

I found out about the sale right here....the fucking PEARL JAM website...my god how hard is it to understand this is where the information should be shared.

I subscribe to BK's sight just like a thousand others, but since he never sent us emails about the other sales his latest email was sent to my junk folder. If I hadn't opened it w/in 24 hours I wouldn't have gotten it.

So thanks to this thread starter for doing something nice...

it's called SHARING

but I'm just a dumb hippie:D
    the Minions
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    bump
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    jaamfaan wrote:
    bump
    :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    That's alright let's keep discussing

I found out about the sale right here....the fucking PEARL JAM website...my god how hard is it to understand this is where the information should be shared.

I subscribe to BK's sight just like a thousand others, but since he never sent us emails about the other sales his latest email was sent to my junk folder. If I hadn't opened it w/in 24 hours I wouldn't have gotten it.

So thanks to this thread starter for doing something nice...

it's called SHARING

but I'm just a dumb hippie:D

I am more selective with whom I share information with.
  • Options
    I am more selective with whom I share information with.

Really....like a HS clique?

I believe once you said you felt I had a sense of entitlement :confused:

Who would you share it with;)
    the Minions
  • Options
    Really....like a HS clique?

I believe once you said you felt I had a sense of entitlement :confused:

Who would you share it with;)

Yeah exactly like that... :rolleyes:

I dont remember what I have said to you about being entitled... sorry...

Not you...
  • Options
    Yeah exactly like that... :rolleyes:

I dont remember what I have said to you about being entitled... sorry...

Not you...

that's cause you're scared I'd snap that last poster right out 'cher hands:D
    the Minions
  • Options
    that's cause you're scared I'd snap that last poster right out 'cher hands:D

shaking in my boots...
  • Options
    Now now girls. Play nice!!

Tis the season to be jolly ya know.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    We landed on the moon?!?
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Let me get a Dusseldorf!!

I know chances are slim, but I was at the gig but had to money to buy anything!

Wish me luck people! Good luck to everyone else who isn't after a Dusseldorf ;) !!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>