Options

A Doodle a Day til PJ Play Release in the UK

Hi folks, figured I'd post this here.

145 days ago I started a project - I draw one PJ related thing each day, and will continue doing so until the band plays Release at a show I attend. I'm not doing this expecting it to change setlists, I'm doing it to put out good vibes into the universe, and to show his band how much they mean and how much this song means to me. Shortly before the London O2 shows in 2018 a friend's father died. I had been living with my friend and his family for a few years, after life with my own family became too dangerous. I was pretty messed up, traumatised, and didn't really understand how families were supposed to work. I didn't understand when he died that I was grieving the man who had treated me like his own child, and who was the closest thing I had ever had to a dad. For obvious reasons, Release played a huge part in helping me understand what I was feeling. It would mean a lot to hear it live - even if I will probably cry haha. So anyway, have some art. Might make this a regular upload, who knows.

Comments

• Options
    Day 172. Still doodling. Will continue to post sporadically here probably

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Release was played at Philly 2016, #2, and it is worth the wait. I hope they play it for you. One day, one day, I'm going to be a doodler. 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Passed day 200 five days back. Still going strong.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,968
    Impressive 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I'd have liked to do something special for day 250 but between my various activities (PhD, two jobs, volunteer stuff) I'm stretched a little thin. Hopefully for... whatever day number April 16th is I'll do something fancy for the Dark Matter global event and upload it before or after I attend the screening nearest me in sunny Maidstone haha.

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,968
    I'm not far away in st.albans. keep up the good work 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -