Options

Dyson vacuums suck

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,725
    Oh, and while I'm here briefly this AM- is there such thing as a partial vacuum?  Isn't that a bit like "somewhat unique"?  It's is it isn't a vacuum or unique, right? 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    This could go in the "Weird questions in the middle of the night" thread but I have to ask, why is it called a "vacuum" cleaner?  I mean, it's not really creating a vacuum is it?  If I'm not mistaken, it's just a high powered fan pulling in air mixed with dust, dead matches, fur balls, dirt, roaches, table crumbs, pollen, paperclips, assorted dried effluence and mites, and capturing all those particles in a bag while letting the air pass through a semi-permeable filter back into the room.  What the hell does this have to do with a "vacuum" for crying out loud?!  Well I get pissed when they misname thing, damn it!

Vacuum cleaners create a partial vacuum by reducing air pressure. It's not a full vacuum, but it's still a reasonably correct usage of the word. 
    I think they suck more than vacuum.  They should be called Dust Suckers.  Better ones should be called Super Suckers!

I was only kidding about the drama.  Someone wanted more drama.  I'm happy to oblige! :smiley:
    Let me get this straight...you want the vacuum industry to be renamed.  Dust suckers and super sucker sounds good...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Dyson hand dryers do suck??? Stupidest design ever...

Just another reason to hate the fucking UK ... for bringing shit like this to the world...
    What's the deal with hating the UK
    Colonization, the royal family .... and the fact that Canada politicians need to feel a loyalty to that country ... Canada should get rid of anything UK...
    I don't like the connection to the Queen either, but it's well worth being a member of the commonwealth IMO. It only serves to benefit Canadian citizens at the end of the day.
    We do not benefit from a relationship with UK.  They benefit from us.  The UK have nothing to offer Canada.  I sincerely hope to see a Canadian PM with balls that one day will tell the UK and commonwealth to go FUCK themselves...
    The Commonwealth is a lot more than the UK. You should do some research on what it means to Canadian citizens to be members of the Commonwealth. It can serve us well in many, many countries, no matter how much irrational hate you have for Britain. Telling the Commonwealth to "go fuck itself" is ridiculous.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    We picked up a Bissell vacuum designed for hard floors. It's been an awesome vacuum so far (I hope I didn't jinx it).

We also have a built in, but leave that downstairs where the carpet is.

To the original complaint... I'm thinking Wobb has fumbled the operation in some manner.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    We picked up a Bissell vacuum designed for hard floors. It's been an awesome vacuum so far (I hope I didn't jinx it).

We also have a built in, but leave that downstairs where the carpet is.

To the original complaint... I'm thinking Wobb has fumbled the operation in some manner.
    Is it cordless?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I am genuinely asking.  I am in the market for a real good vacuum that tackles pet hair...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Not cordless
  • Options
    So no good for Wobb obviously
  • Options
    The only thing with some corded vacuums they skimp out on the cord, and is not long enough...minor inconvenience if its a good vacuum ...

I will check out.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The only thing with some corded vacuums they skimp out on the cord, and is not long enough...minor inconvenience if its a good vacuum ...

I will check out.
    They sell these extension cord thingies at the store. They work fairly well.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    This could go in the "Weird questions in the middle of the night" thread but I have to ask, why is it called a "vacuum" cleaner?  I mean, it's not really creating a vacuum is it?  If I'm not mistaken, it's just a high powered fan pulling in air mixed with dust, dead matches, fur balls, dirt, roaches, table crumbs, pollen, paperclips, assorted dried effluence and mites, and capturing all those particles in a bag while letting the air pass through a semi-permeable filter back into the room.  What the hell does this have to do with a "vacuum" for crying out loud?!  Well I get pissed when they misname thing, damn it!

Vacuum cleaners create a partial vacuum by reducing air pressure. It's not a full vacuum, but it's still a reasonably correct usage of the word. 
    I think they suck more than vacuum.  They should be called Dust Suckers.  Better ones should be called Super Suckers!

I was only kidding about the drama.  Someone wanted more drama.  I'm happy to oblige! :smiley:
    There is another job mis-named that really is more suck....

A conspiracy against suck jobs in general
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

I will check out.
    They sell these extension cord thingies at the store. They work fairly well.
    We don't have extension cords...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,631
    My dyson is awesome and sucks up a ton of chocolate lab hair and christ knows what else is in that canister. 
  • Options
    My dyson is awesome and sucks up a ton of chocolate lab hair and christ knows what else is in that canister. 
    Seeds and stems, man. Seeds and stems. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827

If you have hairy chocolate, you're not getting the good stuff. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    We gots a Shark. It don't bite.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,725
    There's always this but what do you think, eco-friendly or animal abuse?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    With the cost of  Dyson compared to a Shark, I don't know how Dyson stays in business.
    Used a Dyson before, it was great. Bot not worth $500 when you can get a Shark for $100 pretty easily on sale.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    With the cost of  Dyson compared to a Shark, I don't know how Dyson stays in business.
    Used a Dyson before, it was great. Bot not worth $500 when you can get a Shark for $100 pretty easily on sale.
    I will have to look for a Shark.  Does it work well on laminate floors?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    mace1229 said:
    I will have to look for a Shark.  Does it work well on laminate floors?
    It has a bare floor setting, but I couldnt tell you. Just use it on carpet and rugs. I would imagine it does though.
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I think the maid uses a Dyson.  I'll have to ask.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    Wow hatred is a bad traight to have.

so’s bad spelling.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    brianlux said:

thank you, Ms. Smarty Pants.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Wobbie said:
    brianlux said:

thank you, Ms. Smarty Pants.
    There is a grump octogenarian out there.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    What’s the size of the hose on a Dyson?  If it’s not a powerful suck, it may just be worth the price for what I’d use it for 
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    What’s the size of the hose on a Dyson?  If it’s not a powerful suck, it may just be worth the price for what I’d use it for 
    It doesnt provide suction for things that small.
    ;)
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    It doesnt provide suction for things that small.
    ;)
    I’ll do push ups 
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

• Options
    3/4
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©