Options

Justice Kennedy Retiring

123457»

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    My house in 8 years home has doubled.   A pretty good ROI that apartments do not offer.  I listed today.  Already have cash offers in.  Home ownership can be profitable.  
    Unless you live in an area that you cannot afford to live in...that’s what I gather from this convo.  Overall, though, purchasing is a much better *investment* than renting unless your rent is way cheap.  I’d probably move if I couldn’t afford the housing.  One must evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of where they choose to reside, though.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited July 2018
    Shit I get why you don’t care to buy anything- you don’t own anything, so why f’n bother!
    I don't understand what you mean by that at all. What you mean, "why f'n bother"?? And why would me not owning anything lead to me not caring to buy anything? I sincerely have no idea how you arrived at that conclusion, or how not owning leads to not "bothering". I don't own a home because it is literally impossible for me to in the housing market in my city (and the only reason rent can be economically more sound than buying is because of that insane housing market). I don't own a car because cars are bad for the environment, bad for health, bad for the bank account, and contribute to traffic congestion, which I know from first hand experience can very much lower one's quality of life. Sitting in traffic constantly is not my idea of freedom. I wish more people who can would go car free for any of these reasons, or reasons of their own. The more cars that get off the road the better.
    I must say I do enjoy not being a slave to debt as well.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Shit I get why you don’t care to buy anything- you don’t own anything, so why f’n bother!
    I don't understand what you mean by that at all. What you mean, "why f'n bother"?? And why would me not owning anything lead to me not caring to buy anything? I sincerely have no idea how you arrived at that conclusion, or how not owning leads to not "bothering". I don't own a home because it is literally impossible for me to in the housing market in my city (and the only reason rent can be economically more sound that buying is because of that insane housing market). I don't own a car because cars are bad for the environment, bad for health, bad for the bank account, and contribute to traffic congestion, which I know from first hand experience can very much lower one's quality of life. Sitting in traffic constantly is not my idea of freedom. I wish more people who can would go car free for any of these reasons, or reasons of their own. The more cars that get off the road the better.
    I must say I do enjoy not being a slave to debt as well.
    Yes!  I still have a car, but saved up to purchase it and do not plan on going into debt for one ever again...even if it means driving a beater.  My philosophy with pretty much everything now is that if I cannot afford to pay cash for it, then I cannot afford it (yes, that includes Pearl Jam tickets, lol)
    Post edited by PJPOWER on