2017/18 NBA Thread

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,408
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    That literally proves nothing. 

....well, if he's taken more free throws than anyone else in the league during the post season, that seems to suggest that he's getting his fair share of calls.
     So number of shots,  time on the court,  drives to the hoop,  using your actual eyes and replay don't factor in the equation? It's as simple as free throws per game?

Sure those things would factor into the equation....so would, you know, actual free throw attempts. You and Igotid are saying he never gets calls (or doesn't get as much as other superstars), yet he shoots the most free throws per game than anyone else in the league right now. That doesn't count for anything? I'm pretty sure he's on the court about the same amount of time as Durant, and Harden, etc etc....

I didn't argue that other players are getting to the line more often. I'm saying he's getting fouled and it's not being called. 

Igotid implied that he doesn't get as many calls as the other superstars and that appears not to be true, at least for this post season.

Everyone complains about fouls not being called.

even the commentators have brought it up.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,296
    igotid88 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

....well, if he's taken more free throws than anyone else in the league during the post season, that seems to suggest that he's getting his fair share of calls.
     So number of shots,  time on the court,  drives to the hoop,  using your actual eyes and replay don't factor in the equation? It's as simple as free throws per game?

Sure those things would factor into the equation....so would, you know, actual free throw attempts. You and Igotid are saying he never gets calls (or doesn't get as much as other superstars), yet he shoots the most free throws per game than anyone else in the league right now. That doesn't count for anything? I'm pretty sure he's on the court about the same amount of time as Durant, and Harden, etc etc....

I didn't argue that other players are getting to the line more often. I'm saying he's getting fouled and it's not being called. 

Igotid implied that he doesn't get as many calls as the other superstars and that appears not to be true, at least for this post season.

Okay then. Commentators are never wrong. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    igotid88 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Commentators + Igotid88 are never wrong.  They have eyes.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    igotid88 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Commentators + Igotid88 are never wrong.  They have eyes.  
    Haha...okay man
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    If LeBron gets the calls most superstars get. He'd probably have more Finals wins

Question for you: are you as much of or more of a Lebron apologist than you are of Eli Manning?

Poor Lebron!

just saying
    He gets all the call he should. It just seems like he doesn't because he whines like a bitch when he doesn't get the others.
    Yep. The Sidney Crosby of basketball. Twice as much acting like a little bitch as talent... and they have TONS of talent.  There's a reason why they are commonly referred to as "Leflop" and "Crysby."
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    If LeBron gets the calls most superstars get. He'd probably have more Finals wins

Question for you: are you as much of or more of a Lebron apologist than you are of Eli Manning?

Poor Lebron!

just saying
    He gets all the call he should. It just seems like he doesn't because he whines like a bitch when he doesn't get the others.
    Yep. The Sidney Crosby of basketball. Twice as much acting like a little bitch as talent... and they have TONS of talent.  There's a reason why they are commonly referred to as "Leflop" and "Crysby."
    Yeah, he walks away from a drive with a split open head or a half blood shot eye, but he's faking it.  Watch the goddam tape.  He is getting hammered constantly.  Like I said, he's just a shade below Shaq, who got mauled his whole career.  Big men never get the calls in the NBA.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Poor Lebron!

just saying
    Yeah, he walks away from a drive with a split open head or a half blood shot eye, but he's faking it.  Watch the goddam tape.  He is getting hammered constantly.  Like I said, he's just a shade below Shaq, who got mauled his whole career.  Big men never get the calls in the NBA.  
    One incident does not negate the career of flopping around like a fish out of water.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Poor Lebron!

just saying
    One incident does not negate the career of flopping around like a fish out of water.
    He gets hammered.  And you must not watch much Cavs because he gets pummeled all the time. 

At the end of his career, he will be #1 or #2 in career scoring and top five in assists.  He will lead all SF's in all key categories, I'm sure.  But yeah, he sucks.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Poor Lebron!

just saying
    He gets hammered.  And you must not watch much Cavs because he gets pummeled all the time. 

At the end of his career, he will be #1 or #2 in career scoring and top five in assists.  He will lead all SF's in all key categories, I'm sure.  But yeah, he sucks.  
    Where did I say he sucks?  Two posts ago I said he has "TONS of talent."  He's great at everything he does, including flopping.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Poor Lebron!

just saying

Where did I say he sucks?  Two posts ago I said he has "TONS of talent."  He's great at everything he does, including flopping.
    He was excellent in that movie with Bill Hader.  I do think he has to exaggerate a bit because the reality is that he is pound for pound the strongest man in the NBA.  He can take a hit like no one else, and drive through it.  Think of one other person in NBA history that can run the floor at 4.3 and go up with that type of power.  He is absolute freak of nature.  So yeah, I'll buy off on the exaggeration argument, but that doesn't mean he wasn't fouled.  
  • Options
    Cool little story on the famous "Shrug Game" by the GOAT.  Dude was ruthless and that's what will always separate him.

• Options
    Cool little story on the famous "Shrug Game" by the GOAT.  Dude was ruthless and that's what will always separate him.

Great.. Jordan was a dick.  We already knew that.  He was also a compulsive gambler who had to play baseball for two years.  Awesome.  
  • Options

The. Best.

ESPN is coming out with a 6 part (maybe more, I forget) 30 for 30 series on him and the 90's Bulls next year. Can't wait.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The. Best.

ESPN is coming out with a 6 part (maybe more, I forget) 30 for 30 series on him and the 90's Bulls next year. Can't wait.

As much as I hated Jordan and those Bulls teams, I'm eagerly awaiting it as well!  Gonna be one hell of a series.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

I still remember watching that game as a 9 year old and absolutely freaking out as MJ made all those 3s.  Can't wait for that 30 for 30 next year....will never get tired of watching or reading about MJ and the 90s Bulls.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029

I still remember watching that game as a 9 year old and absolutely freaking out as MJ made all those 3s.  Can't wait for that 30 for 30 next year....will never get tired of watching or reading about MJ and the 90s Bulls.
    I think we all watched that game, lol.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Poor Lebron!

just saying
    in your world, maybe.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126

I think we all watched that game, lol.

I still have the VHS tape of that at home - probably unwatchable now though due the the age of it and amount of times I re-watched it.

Oh the struggles we had before the internet and Youtube. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Great.. Jordan was a dick.  We already knew that.  He was also a compulsive gambler who had to play baseball for two years.  Awesome.  
    I'm not going to hide my love for Jordan, the player, but after reading that article, my appreciation for what he bought to the court grew again. I'd much rather have that player who was fiercely competitive, than the other option on my team. I don't see that as him being a dick at all.

Opinions will differ, but at least you knew he left nothing on the table.

I do love the hyperbole on the gambling suspension though, and maybe it was true, but I personally don't give a shit what he did with the money he EARNT

• Options
    No Coder said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm not going to hide my love for Jordan, the player, but after reading that article, my appreciation for what he bought to the court grew again. I'd much rather have that player who was fiercely competitive, than the other option on my team. I don't see that as him being a dick at all.

I do love the hyperbole on the gambling suspension though, and maybe it was true, but I personally don't give a shit what he did with the money he EARNT
    The year Lebron beat GS, you don't remember him talking trash to Curry?  This was a different Lebron then we were used to seeing.

He blocks shots, D's up, run's men down, rebounds, assists, scores at will.

Lebron does this on a regular basis but everyone is so used to seeing it that it doesn't register now.  Lebron knows he's the best player on the court and his play shows it.  He's consistently doing the same things over and over.  He is always playing full speed.  Jordan played with another gear while Lebron is stays in that gear.
  • Options
    So, you're saying Lebron is a 6-speed Mustang, whereas Jordan would throw his Ford GT into 7th? :wink:
  • Options
    So, you're saying Lebron is a 6-speed Mustang, whereas Jordan would throw his Ford GT into 7th? :wink:
    The other way around and you've got it.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Poor Lebron!

just saying
    in your world, maybe.
    I didn't give them those names.
  • Options
    The other way around and you've got it.
    There's no way Jordan is faster end to end than Lebron.  I agree with you.  LeBron is probably 4.3 in his 20s. Probably 4.6 now.  He was first team All State as a receiver as a bloody sophomore... in Ohio where the best athletes always played football.  Freak. 
  • Options
    I was just having a little fun quip with what Chris said about MJ playing with another gear and LBJ staying in the same gear.
  • Options
    No Coder said:
    mrussel1 said:

The year Lebron beat GS, you don't remember him talking trash to Curry?  This was a different Lebron then we were used to seeing.

He blocks shots, D's up, run's men down, rebounds, assists, scores at will.

Lebron does this on a regular basis but everyone is so used to seeing it that it doesn't register now.  Lebron knows he's the best player on the court and his play shows it.  He's consistently doing the same things over and over.  He is always playing full speed.  Jordan played with another gear while Lebron is stays in that gear.
    I don't think I mentioned Lebron once in my reply. I was just replying that I didn't think that MJ was a a dick for trash talking.

Lebron is the best player on the court and has been for a long and consistent time. No disagreement on that either, but I don't think he's better than Jordan, but you probably won't change my mind and I probably won't change yours. 

• Options
    I don't have an issue with Jordan talking trash to the opponents.  Talking it to teammates...eh.
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615

Wow, Game 3 was the KD appreciation game. 13 career Finals games and never has scored under 25? He’s by far the most dominant and efficient scorer in the league and right there with MJ & Kobe as the greatest scorers I’ve witnessed in my lifetime. There’s literally no way to stop him once he gets going. I still remember him dominating Kawhi Leonard in the 16’ playoffs, for some reason that one always stuck with me, Leonard is the best wing defender in the league and KD completely took him apart. I always thought if that guy couldn’t contain him then nobody could and 2 years later that’s become pretty obvious, 

06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    So sweep? Or will the Cavs lose in Cali?
    chinese-happy.jpg