Pearl Jam - Please user #VerifiedFan for your next US tour

2»

Comments

  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 38,694
    edited November 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    But you can't transfer 10C tickets so how is this any different?
    I wasn't even thinking in terms of 10C tickets personally, probably because there is no way in hell I'd not attend that, no matter how sick, lol. But in any case, at least with 10C tix you can pick them up and give them to someone else. You can't even do that with VerifiedFan apparently.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb placePosts: 12,619
    the U2 verified fan for subscribers to the fanclub website ended up being a way to force everyone to renew membership early, then take steps to link your U2 membership to your Tickemaster account, provide your mobile phone number, then MAYBE you would be selected to get a code texted to your phone to use during the ticket presale, which works the same as it always has with no guarantee of tickets available.  Now this time around, not credit card entry, at least for Phila show, I will be receiving actual tickets in mail. 

    For the general sale, it works the same: if chosen, you receive a code texted to your phone a few hours before the sale.  But, you need to verify through ticketmaster for each show you want to try for tickets two days before the sale:

    https://u2tour.tmverifiedfan.com/

    Interesting way to do it, but you do need be pay attention to all the steps and timeframes.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 2,363

    Well, my experience with getting QOTSA tickets was awesome.  I had to buy the new CD through their website.  In return I received a link to purchase tickets early.  I bought front row (actually third row) tickets to the show I wanted.  Those tickets were received in the mail a few weeks later.  I could have easily sold them if I had wanted to. 

    So I guess my view of verified seller is not so much paperless tickets, but just a way to confirm you are not a bot. 

    QOTSA wasn't a true verified fan show, you could get passwords without joining the fanclub or connecting accounts.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 13,205
    Not everyone got the code today?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 4,384
    edited November 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    But you can't transfer 10C tickets so how is this any different?
    Each artist has different rules
    For Springsteen on Broadway they sent out hard tickets so resell was easy. But not available for online transfer.
    Also the dropline at the theater has been you have to buy what they offer you and walk in. But Broadway has different rules.

    Also the U2 sale was the first one linked through the already in place fanclub.
  • ZodZod Posts: 5,452
    rick1zoo2 said:
    the U2 verified fan for subscribers to the fanclub website ended up being a way to force everyone to renew membership early, then take steps to link your U2 membership to your Tickemaster account, provide your mobile phone number, then MAYBE you would be selected to get a code texted to your phone to use during the ticket presale, which works the same as it always has with no guarantee of tickets available.  Now this time around, not credit card entry, at least for Phila show, I will be receiving actual tickets in mail. 

    For the general sale, it works the same: if chosen, you receive a code texted to your phone a few hours before the sale.  But, you need to verify through ticketmaster for each show you want to try for tickets two days before the sale:

    https://u2tour.tmverifiedfan.com/

    Interesting way to do it, but you do need be pay attention to all the steps and timeframes.
    So there's a possibility you buy a u2 fan club membership, but don't get the presale code?  That doesn't seem very good?
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 1,598
    I prefer the Lottery.  This sounds like a hassle.
  • dlymnflddlymnfld CTPosts: 845
    edited November 2017
    PJNB said:
    Has this been in play yet and if so what is the feedback so far? You get a code to allow you to buy tickets?

    I would love them to force you to bring ID/credit card to match your ticket. Ya it would take longer to get into the venue but it would be worth it imo. If you bought a ticket and can no longer go you can transfer for a fee on Ticketmaster's website. This would make it a lot harder for scalpers and would pretty much kill the second hand market imo. 
    Been in play for awhile. 100% of the tickets for Springsteen on  Broadway were sold through  VerifiedFan. There were lots of issues for the true fans but then again it was for 80 shows at a theater with 976 seats. There were tickets available on the hub at very high prices.

    For Taylor Swift the fans have to jump through some serious hoops......

    http://insider.ticketmaster.com/taylor-swift-tix-verifiedfan-faq/
    I am actually in the process of obtaining "boosts" for Taylor Swift for my 8 yo daughter.  She is watching videos daily to enhance our "boost" status.  Does anyone know how many "boosts" it takes to get somewhat decent seats?  Side note, it's a nightmare and confusing though I am on the lookout for a UPS truck with a Taylor Swift picture as that's a high "boost".  Also, four tickets to her show are north of a grand which is also ridiculous. 
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10, Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, MIssoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16
  • Horse2345 said:

    Well, my experience with getting QOTSA tickets was awesome.  I had to buy the new CD through their website.  In return I received a link to purchase tickets early.  I bought front row (actually third row) tickets to the show I wanted.  Those tickets were received in the mail a few weeks later.  I could have easily sold them if I had wanted to. 

    So I guess my view of verified seller is not so much paperless tickets, but just a way to confirm you are not a bot. 

    QOTSA wasn't a true verified fan show, you could get passwords without joining the fanclub or connecting accounts.
    That may be true of the last leg, but on the first leg they just finished they sent out unique links they day of the sale which was a cluster for some.
  • F5 sounds great.

    (112) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010's=55, US=82, CAN=13, Europe=11 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1  Up next: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Seattle x2, Missoula, Fenway x2

  • I was thinking about FanVerified moreso for non-fan club tickets. 

  • ZodZod Posts: 5,452
    Do what GNR does.  Charge market price and play venues that might be a little too big instead of venues that are too small...  At no point for most GNR shows did you need to turn to the secondary market... :)
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 4,384
    dlymnfld said:
    PJNB said:
    Has this been in play yet and if so what is the feedback so far? You get a code to allow you to buy tickets?

    I would love them to force you to bring ID/credit card to match your ticket. Ya it would take longer to get into the venue but it would be worth it imo. If you bought a ticket and can no longer go you can transfer for a fee on Ticketmaster's website. This would make it a lot harder for scalpers and would pretty much kill the second hand market imo. 
    Been in play for awhile. 100% of the tickets for Springsteen on  Broadway were sold through  VerifiedFan. There were lots of issues for the true fans but then again it was for 80 shows at a theater with 976 seats. There were tickets available on the hub at very high prices.

    For Taylor Swift the fans have to jump through some serious hoops......

    http://insider.ticketmaster.com/taylor-swift-tix-verifiedfan-faq/
    I am actually in the process of obtaining "boosts" for Taylor Swift for my 8 yo daughter.  She is watching videos daily to enhance our "boost" status.  Does anyone know how many "boosts" it takes to get somewhat decent seats?  Side note, it's a nightmare and confusing though I am on the lookout for a UPS truck with a Taylor Swift picture as that's a high "boost".  Also, four tickets to her show are north of a grand which is also ridiculous. 
    I'm not so sure that the boosts help with seating.  I believe it helps with getting a code. Which also does not guarantee tickets.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MNPosts: 1,348
    This is why I have quit going to areana/stadium shows (except PJ  and those were obtained via 10c lottery. I also have a solid ticket buddy). Too much of a pain in the ass dealing with presale codes, memberships, verified accounts, etc.  Nowadays it's club/theater shows for me.  Less hassle and most of the venues in the Twin Cities sell tickets directly through their box office, the local record stores, or through an alternative online seller called etix. Our NPR station will occasionally throw us members a bone by offering presale codes. I've never missed out on a shows I want see, as long as I remember to buy tickets the day the drop.
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 978
    The U2 ticket experience today was good and awful.  It went well for me but I don't think enough people understand this system.  Read page 16 of the link below.  I echo the message with whomever posted on page 17 huge thanks 10C has never gone this route and kept fan club tickets in house!

    http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/new-pre-sale-system-coming-and-it-sucks-221646-16.html
  • EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, ILPosts: 797
    I think 10c ticket system works well.  Scalper hate it since there is less than 6 hours between when members pickup up tickets until the concert.  The only problem is inflexibity if 'life happens' and you can't go the show.  Wish there was a way to have a 'one time' sell back tickets to 10c if you can't make a show.  To deter maybe have a $10-$15 fee with some going to Vitalogy Foundation.   
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3
  • dlymnflddlymnfld CTPosts: 845
    So I completed the TS "boosts" for my daughter.  I ended up with like 350 boosts.  Most of them came from watching five different videos ten times a day.  The shortest being 30 seconds and the longest 7 minutes.  I also got boosts from buying merchandise (1 CD and 1 T-shirt), tweeting and FBing daily and referring other people to link.  So with my boosts (some crazy die hard teens had like 4000) I still got in the first day of pre-sale (there were three days) but at the end of the first day.  I was given a window (8pm-9pm) that I would receive a text with a link.  At like 8:20 p.m., I received the text and got into Ticketmaster with no issues.  I was able to chose from a pretty good amount of seats.  Her tickets are so ridiculously priced ($800 for pit, $1500 for first section floor, $499 for middle floor and $449 for first few rows in lower bowl) that my choices were still limited due to my price range as I wasn't shelling out that money for those seats.  So, I ended up with Section 114 row 12 (lower bowl side stage) for $149 a ticket (came to $1020 for six tickets).  Hence, the reason for this post, although the process was pretty simple, thank god Pearl Jam doesn't demand the same outrageous prices as Taylor Swift. 
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10, Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, MIssoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16
  • ZodZod Posts: 5,452
    dlymnfld said:
    So I completed the TS "boosts" for my daughter.  I ended up with like 350 boosts.  Most of them came from watching five different videos ten times a day.  The shortest being 30 seconds and the longest 7 minutes.  I also got boosts from buying merchandise (1 CD and 1 T-shirt), tweeting and FBing daily and referring other people to link.  So with my boosts (some crazy die hard teens had like 4000) I still got in the first day of pre-sale (there were three days) but at the end of the first day.  I was given a window (8pm-9pm) that I would receive a text with a link.  At like 8:20 p.m., I received the text and got into Ticketmaster with no issues.  I was able to chose from a pretty good amount of seats.  Her tickets are so ridiculously priced ($800 for pit, $1500 for first section floor, $499 for middle floor and $449 for first few rows in lower bowl) that my choices were still limited due to my price range as I wasn't shelling out that money for those seats.  So, I ended up with Section 114 row 12 (lower bowl side stage) for $149 a ticket (came to $1020 for six tickets).  Hence, the reason for this post, although the process was pretty simple, thank god Pearl Jam doesn't demand the same outrageous prices as Taylor Swift. 
    Were the closer seats VIP packages?  Most big artists I've been too now exclusively sell the closer rows/pits/sections as VIP (or some kind of similar name tickets).   Hence the higher prices.    If some of them don't end up selling, they end up getting tossed in the regular pool of tickets down the road.

    It does suck to see the good tickets go for that much.. even though alot of people would flip them if they could acquire them for cheaper.   It's pretty much the promoter/artist getting that money instead of resellers.

    That all withstanding it sounds like verifiedfan is super annoying.  Having to click on videos and do active stuff to get a higher priority on tickets.  What's to stop brokers from paying people to do that same.  Sounds like an annoying pain the ass process to me.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,048
    Please don’t.
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 371
    mcgruff10 said:
    PP193448 said:
    No. This process sucks.  You cannot transfer tickets.  Giving codes thru TM sucks.  The lottery system is fair and it guarantees us the best seats in the house.  Look at the bullshit that’s going on right now with the U2 fan club.  They have only allowed 2 tics for the whole tour.  Fuck that.  If PJ goes to this, then I’m out.  Hate scalpers, but this system is so restrictive.
    I thought the u2 system worked amazing this morning. Got my code texted to me and was able to buy ga tickets with zero issues. 
    My friend and I both struck out for GA U2

  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 371
    PJ_Soul said:
    If you can't transfer your tickets somehow, I'm 100% against it. As others have already said, things happen. I don't support the secondary market with marked up prices at all, but whatever system they use should at least allow us to give the tix to someone else if we're sick or something. TM transfer is a very necessary feature that is apparently not available with Verified Fan (it's also often not available with paperless ticketing/CC entry only, and that really sucks).
    I realize this sucks. It has happened to me, but it’s the only way to make it restricted 
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 2,363
    jdopj said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    If you can't transfer your tickets somehow, I'm 100% against it. As others have already said, things happen. I don't support the secondary market with marked up prices at all, but whatever system they use should at least allow us to give the tix to someone else if we're sick or something. TM transfer is a very necessary feature that is apparently not available with Verified Fan (it's also often not available with paperless ticketing/CC entry only, and that really sucks).
    I realize this sucks. It has happened to me, but it’s the only way to make it restricted 
    It doesn't make it restricted at all. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 4,384
    It appears that the U2 verified fan sale was a shitstorm for way toooooo many U2 fans.
  • 3days3days Posts: 715
    Lottery and day of pickup work swell for me. Thank you PJ. Thank you 10c.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San DiegoPosts: 405
    PJ2k3 said:
    Keep those tickets out of the hands of the scalpers and bots!!
    OH FUCK NO!!! I've been going through it with U2 and with the Springsteen bullshit...IT DOESN'T WORK!! It does NOTHING to keep people from scalping tickets! PLEASE PJ!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 6,713
    mcgruff10 said:
    Not everyone got the code today?
    Did you get tickets? My buddy was able to pull VIP tix for MSG.... pretty psyched to go.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2
    1998: East Rutherford, MSG 1 & 2
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus, Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3, Boston 1, Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia, Uniondale, MSG 1 & 2, Holmdel
    2005: Atlantic City 1
    2006: Camden 1, East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Newark(EV)
    2009: Philadelphia 1, 2, & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Brooklyn 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Baltimore
    2015: Central Park
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Fenway Park 2, MSG(TOTD)
    2017: Brooklyn(RnRHOF)
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.