chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    bbiggs said:
    The recent food posts by ninetytworules has opened my eyes to a whole new world. Lol. I’m literally trying to convince my wife to go to Italy for our upcoming 10 year anniversary because of this! Looks amazing. 
    Head up to the Dolomites if you do!
    Typical "Italian" food gets all the attention but we found the Austro-Hungarian influenced fare to be more interesting.  The flavor profiles and choices were MUCH more diverse.  German style bread and wines may be the most underrated European delights.
    Plus the scenery absolutely destroys anything south of Trento and the town's are far less touristy.
    I ate one of the best meals of my life in Bolzano: home made gnocchi with crab meat and red sauce along with some local red wine.  
    Ahhh Bolzano, a dagger in my heart to think of it lol 
    How I wish to live there.
    One of our best meals too, she had vegetable dumplings and soup and I had Marende, a platter of all local Alto Adige Speck PGI, hay cheese, good German bread and red wine.
    Amazing.

What did you do in Bolzano?  We went up through Nova Levante up to Carezza/Karerpass and hiked around.  Stayed at the Hotel Alpenrose on a whim and had the best time of our lives.  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    bbiggs said:
    The recent food posts by ninetytworules has opened my eyes to a whole new world. Lol. I’m literally trying to convince my wife to go to Italy for our upcoming 10 year anniversary because of this! Looks amazing. 
    Typical "Italian" food gets all the attention but we found the Austro-Hungarian influenced fare to be more interesting.  The flavor profiles and choices were MUCH more diverse.  German style bread and wines may be the most underrated European delights.
    Plus the scenery absolutely destroys anything south of Trento and the town's are far less touristy.
    I ate one of the best meals of my life in Bolzano: home made gnocchi with crab meat and red sauce along with some local red wine.  
    One of our best meals too, she had vegetable dumplings and soup and I had Marende, a platter of all local Alto Adige Speck PGI, hay cheese, good German bread and red wine.
    Amazing.

What did you do in Bolzano?  We went up through Nova Levante up to Carezza/Karerpass and hiked around.  Stayed at the Hotel Alpenrose on a whim and had the best time of our lives.  
    We were staying in innsbruck for the week (snowboarding throughout austria) and decided to take a day trip down into italy.  I'd go back there in a second.  We did a bunch of hiking in austria and germany but not in italy.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Amazing.

We were staying in innsbruck for the week (snowboarding throughout austria) and decided to take a day trip down into italy.  I'd go back there in a second.  We did a bunch of hiking in austria and germany but not in italy.
    Innsbruck!!! Another dagger lol

Have you ever seen me talk about the Innsbrucker Kletterstieg climb on the boards?  I know I have before.  The high point of my life, pun intended lol

Those Austrian Alps are just... unbelievable.
  • Options
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I remember that pic.  Freakin spectacular!!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Yeah, that pic is great
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I don't have any better ones haha.
    Don't know if I ever will.

Just wish I'd had the balls to stand up and let go of the tether lol
    It was early in the climb, by the end of the day I wasn't bothering to tether because the fear was gone.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^ Amazing pic! That’s some serious climbing right there. 
  • Options
    I am at a Honduran quinciera. No clue what I am eating but it is amazing. Great spices. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I am at a Honduran quinciera. No clue what I am eating but it is amazing. Great spices. 

That looks to be a mixed meat plate of beef and homeless man on a bed of rice with a side of guacamole stewed head cheeses.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

That looks to be a mixed meat plate of beef and homeless man on a bed of rice with a side of guacamole stewed head cheeses.
    It could be for all I know. It was awesome. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I'm sure it was!

U2 was awesome last night? How many times have you seen them?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I'm sure it was!

U2 was awesome last night? How many times have you seen them?
    U2 was great! They really put on a fantastic show. The new songs translated very well live. Lots of trump bashing. :)
    Now that food is just sitting in my stomach. Ugh

forgot to answer, I think last night marked my tenth time seeing them.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    edited July 2018
    U2 sucks donkey balls and the show on this tour is trash. Bono show with about half the show being live music. 

In fact, I’d pay more money to have my dick repeatedly slammed in a car door than go see U2 again
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    U2 sucks donkey balls and the show on this tour is trash. Bono show with about half the show being live music. 

In fact, I’d pay more money to have my dick repeatedly slammed in a car door than go see U2 again
    I think I'd even go see Bob Dylan again than have that happen to my noodle.

Eesh. The visual alone.
  • Options

I think I'd even go see Bob Dylan again than have that happen to my noodle.

Eesh. The visual alone.
    I don’t know man. It’s bad 
  • Options

Wtf cliffy?!
  • Options
    U2 is that bad
  • Options
    I've loved every U2 show I've ever seen.

This last tour was not one that inspired me much in all honesty and I passed. 

I wish Bono still had the pipes and I could sit there in a crowd and hear Lemon the way it is supposed to be heard.
  • Options

I wish Bono still had the pipes and I could sit there in a crowd and hear Lemon the way it is supposed to be heard.
    Del I m telling you I was actually trying to cancel last night based on the set lists but it really was kick ass. Low points was iris and the ocean. I think it is incredibly difficult to follow up after last years Joshua tree tour. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Del I m telling you I was actually trying to cancel last night based on the set lists but it really was kick ass. Low points was iris and the ocean. I think it is incredibly difficult to follow up after last years Joshua tree tour. 

Ultimately, one is better there than not there, Scruffy!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Back to pizza. Ate at Pub Dog in Baltimore last night. Had the “stinking rose” pie which was tomato sauce, olive oil, mozzarella, fresh garlic, fresh chopped basil & shredded parmesan. Didn’t take a pic. After a long day in the hot sun at the O’s game, I couldn’t wait to wolf it down. It was definitely heavy on the garlic, hence the name. But oh so good! 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited July 2018
    mcgruff10 said:

Wtf cliffy?!
    I have to admit that when I saw them last year it was pretty bad overall. Their stage set up/back drop screen was cool... and that was the best thing about the show. Shit just got weird, and it was all Bono's fault. He fucked up a sing-a-long BADLY, to the point of it being absolutely comical, but also extremely awkward. And when he started babbling it was just garbage. And I usually like it when a performer pontificates. I also have no Bono-hate to make me biased about it. Finally, the sound sucked for a good portion of the show, and it wasn't because of the venue. I was fairly disappointed with the whole thing. It wasn't the worst show I've seen, but it wasn't too far off either. It didn't help that the ticketless entry was a complete disaster, though that wasn't U2's fault, unless one wants to blame them for going ticketless at venues with no experience with the system I guess. I'm just glad I had GA tix that were priced reasonably instead of an insanely expensive seat.

To stay on topic, my go-to pizza place has a beef and blue cheese pizza that I finally gave a try last week. It was fucking delicious!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    um, thread integrity? :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    Wobbie said:
    Didn't you see the part about the beef and blue cheese pizza?? :i_dunno:;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wobbie said:

I think that's what he's referring to.

What the hell were you thinking bringing blue cheese into the pizza thread? This makes people want to snap. Just lose it.

(and why do you always have to classify cheeses by color?)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wobbie said:

What the hell were you thinking bringing blue cheese into the pizza thread? This makes people want to snap. Just lose it.

Blue cheese on pizza?  Odd.  I ll take my orange cheese over blue cheese any day of the week.
    Allie, was that the Joshua tree tour you were referring to?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wobbie said:

Blue cheese on pizza?  Odd.  I ll take my orange cheese over blue cheese any day of the week.
    Allie, was that the Joshua tree tour you were referring to?

Yes.

But don't listen to her. She was ill after eating green cheese and ham. She would have thought watching Pearl Jam in her house with her cat sucked.