Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    my2hands said:
    Nobody has a problem with the canadians participating in the discussion... or my Swedish friend

But, having the same group of Canadians constantly bash, stereotype, and name-call my country and it's people, therefore stereotyping me in the process, gets a little fucking old. 

This is a beautiful country filled with beautiful people, it's frustrating to see people lazily stereotype a country of 325 million people... and it is the same group of canadians, and the swede, who constantly do it. Educate yourself or find a new schtick, uf not dont get your feelings hurt when there is push back. That's all i'm saying
    My feelings aren't hurt. Call me down as much as you want.

From the sounds of this post and several others of yours... it sounds like your feelings are a little hurt though.

Your country elected a f**king moron. Deal with it. Don't sit there and say, "Hey. Just cuz we elected a f**king moron... that doesn't mean we're morons." Because... actually... it does.
    You're basically...proving...his point
      My team plays a game that we lose. I don't say, "Hey. Only some of us lost."

That would be something a loser would say. A winner takes responsibility for their performances.

Somewhere in that list of replies is a stat that only 20% of the country voted for him. And what... 22% voted against him? Own it. Go out and do something about it. Nothing was really done at the midterms compared to what should have been done.

The Presidential election is not a popular vote. It's the electoral college that decides. The electoral college is used to give more weight to states that have less people. So even though more people voted for another candidate, Trump was elected. I ain't owning Trump, sorry.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    my2hands said:
    Nobody has a problem with the canadians participating in the discussion... or my Swedish friend

But, having the same group of Canadians constantly bash, stereotype, and name-call my country and it's people, therefore stereotyping me in the process, gets a little fucking old. 

This is a beautiful country filled with beautiful people, it's frustrating to see people lazily stereotype a country of 325 million people... and it is the same group of canadians, and the swede, who constantly do it. Educate yourself or find a new schtick, uf not dont get your feelings hurt when there is push back. That's all i'm saying

From the sounds of this post and several others of yours... it sounds like your feelings are a little hurt though.

Your country elected a f**king moron. Deal with it. Don't sit there and say, "Hey. Just cuz we elected a f**king moron... that doesn't mean we're morons." Because... actually... it does.
    It means we have a bunch of morons, not that we're all morons.  The vote wasn't unanimous.  
    It's not about morons or not morons. My province now has a Doug Ford government after many years of a liberal government. My city used to have a Rob Ford government and now has a more centrist government. We're all the same people who on occasion decide to choose a different path. We don't just one day wake up with morons voting or not voting. You guys do yourself a disservice by continuing to cast the "moron" aspersion on to the other half of your country.
    Choose Homer Simpson for shits and giggles. Got it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:

I'm not in that group of Canadians. I think your country and your people are the greatest, most generous people in the world. It is my country that lives under the security blanket you provide and dares to complain.

I need to hang out with this dude

BS, you'll always be good in my book brother

And I will let that speak for itself.
    what, that I can be friendly with someone that has different political opinions than me? and maybe dare find some common ground? yeah, let it speak for itself
  • Options
    This ease of comity with simple compliments is almost...Trumpian.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

I will let that speak for itself.

people think I'm just making shit up and want to bang on my Canadian friends? yeah, not quite

Do you even read what you type? I'm seriously wondering. Because you are going on and on and on about how awful we are for stereotyping and bashing, and here you are literally explaining how you're stereotyping all of us because one guy posted something dumb and hyperbolic, and accusing others of hurt feelings when you seem to be the only one with hurt feelings. It's just... weird.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:

That would be something a loser would say. A winner takes responsibility for their performances.

Somewhere in that list of replies is a stat that only 20% of the country voted for him. And what... 22% voted against him? Own it. Go out and do something about it. Nothing was really done at the midterms compared to what should have been done.

The Presidential election is not a popular vote. It's the electoral college that decides. The electoral college is used to give more weight to states that have less people. So even though more people voted for another candidate, Trump was elected. I ain't owning Trump, sorry.
    I understand this.

But a defence to Trump being your president was only 20% voted for him. The actual stat is 19%. And... 20% voted for Hillary.

Ultimately, 80% of the country is responsible for Trump. That's more than just a generalization.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    it wasn't a defence, thirty. I was saying that 20% does not a majority make. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    it wasn't a defence, thirty. I was saying that 20% does not a majority make. 
    80% does.
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:

I understand this.

But a defence to Trump being your president was only 20% voted for him. The actual stat is 19%. And... 20% voted for Hillary.

Ultimately, 80% of the country is responsible for Trump. That's more than just a generalization.
    I do tend to agree with this line of thinking. I have said before that it's not just Trump voters who got Trump into office. Now, that doesn't mean every American is a moron, lol (Thirty, I'm sure you don't actually think that either - it's too stupid for you). But I do think that more than just the Trump voters carry some responsibility for the current state of affairs in the US government. There is no other way to see it. The truth hurts.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    As an American, what these Canadians are saying doesn't bug me one iota.  When you wield the influence the USA does (and when you thump your chest the way the USA does) you're going to get more scrutiny.  They are criticizing the good ol' USA because they care about what's happening here.  We don't criticize other countries because we don't care what happens there (and I am quite guilty of being ethnocentric that way).   And, while a Pearl Jam board is obviously not a good crosscut of what the rest of the world is thinking and feeling about things, I think there is value to hearing what others are thinking.  And it's not just here, but in other arenas that I at least anecdotally have the sense that a lot of the world is laughing at us for electing this nitwit and some of the world is scarred of/for us.

I mean, Dunkin' Donuts is better than Tim Horton's and the CFL is goofy, but otherwise, you guys are all right.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    This ease of comity with simple compliments is almost...Trumpian.
    yeah, HAHA, the last few pages have been "canadians need to shut up", now it's "oh wait, a canadian who prefers the US to his home of Canada, he's a great guy!". Good god. it doesn't get much more transparent than that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

guess who the #1 trading partner of Canada is? you're quality of life is provided by having us "fat fucks" as your southern neighbor, you're welcome. silly Canadians, we have our own maple syrup and invented denim...

thanks for Neil Young by the way, seems he prefers California over Ontario ;)

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Tim Horton's is disgusting, and I'm embarrassed every time a Canadian acts like it's good. It makes it look like we have literally the worst taste in coffee on the face of the planet FFS, and like we think a completely average pastry is a delicacy. I made the huge mistake of getting a Timmy's coffee a couple weeks ago because I was too lazy to go up another floor to the Starbuck's, and omg, it was worse than drinking water out of the washing machine. I wish Tim Horton's fans would stop disgracing Canada the way they do! :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:

I understand this.

People who can't be bothered to vote are lazy & irresponsible. People who didn't vote for him find him disgusting. Feel free to generalize about those who voted for him. 

The real person responsible for Trump, though, is Trump. The asshole COULD have made a half ass attempt at being a below average President that didn't destroy the entire republic. But he and his sycophants have decided to take a shit all over the American Constitution. 

I do not own that and I will never own that. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJ_Soul said:
    Tim Horton's is disgusting, and I'm embarrassed every time a Canadian acts like it's good. It makes it look like we have literally the worst taste in coffee on the face of the planet FFS, and like we think a completely average pastry is a delicacy. I made the huge mistake of getting a Timmy's coffee a couple weeks ago because I was too lazy to go up another floor to the Starbuck's, and omg, it was worse than drinking water out of the washing machine. I wish Tim Horton's fans would stop disgracing Canada the way they do! :lol:
    I, for one, have never tried to drink water out of a washing machine...And you Canooks call us morons! ;)
  • Options
    Ultimately... Canadians and Americans are different type of people. I think the overwhelming Canadian outpouring has something to do with the fundamental differences in mentalities.

I simply cannot fathom any human being getting behind a guy like Donald Trump in any way. He's vile. I guess I should just accept these differences as 'cool' and something to be down with.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

guess who the #1 trading partner of Canada is? you're quality of life is provided by having us "fat fucks" as your southern neighbor, you're welcome. silly Canadians, we have our own maple syrup and invented denim...

uh, trading is a two way street, genius. you act as if the US is giving us everything. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't know. I like it. although I feel like recently the quality as deteriorated. I actually buy starbucks to brew at home now. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2018
    nvm
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:

I understand this.

People who can't be bothered to vote are lazy & irresponsible. People who didn't vote for him find him disgusting. Feel free to generalize about those who voted for him. 

The real person responsible for Trump, though, is Trump. The asshole COULD have made a half ass attempt at being a below average President that didn't destroy the entire republic. But he and his sycophants have decided to take a shit all over the American Constitution. 

If one never felt threatened enough by him to get off the couch and vote... then own it. 80% of your country is responsible for this idiot one way or another. That's a really really significant total.

And Trump is who he is. You knew what you were getting. If you didn't... well... what do you want me to say?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

uh, trading is a two way street, genius. you act as if the US is giving us everything. 
    Right? Wtf. :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:

thanks for the name-calling, but i'm far from a genius

couldn't help yourself, eh?

Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    Ultimately... Canadians and Americans are different type of people. I think the overwhelming Canadian outpouring has something to do with the fundamental differences in mentalities.

I simply cannot fathom any human being getting behind a guy like Donald Trump in any way. He's vile. I guess I should just accept these differences as 'cool' and something to be down with.
    I'm not participating in Canada/America good people/bad people bullshit.
    I said we are fundamentally different. We like and support socialism. That word seems to be a dirty word in the US. Maybe we're the idiots?

And I've said over and over (even at a Hank Williams Jr concert) that the people I've met in the US have been overwhelmingly nice. But I don't talk about government or its role in daily life.
  • Options
    if you don't realize having the worlds 1st or 2nd largest economy on your border, and it being your largest trading partner benefits you more than us, I'm not sure what to tell you.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Quit trying to sound Canadian. It's obvious you're jealous.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    if you don't realize having the worlds 1st or 2nd largest economy on your border, and it being your largest trading partner benefits you more than us, I'm not sure what to tell you.
    Please quote where someone said they don't realize American's impact on Canada. I've only seen people say the exact opposite. And it changes nothing. Should I assume you think that means we have to kiss America's ass on a message board so that your thin-skinned patriotism isn't damaged?
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:

I understand this.

If one never felt threatened enough by him to get off the couch and vote... then own it. 80% of your country is responsible for this idiot one way or another. That's a really really significant total.

And Trump is who he is. You knew what you were getting. If you didn't... well... what do you want me to say?
    I didn't vote for the shit head and I am not capable of making anyone vote if they truly do not want to vote and I cannot make a racist asshole not vote for another racist asshole. 

I have to own every single asshole in this country? So that means that you are the same as every single one of your fellow Canadians?

I hate the fact that Trump is President and you can continue to tell me to own it but since I did not, would not, could not imagine voting for such scum then I will not own it. Sorry. 

But if it makes your Canadian mentality feel better to continue to generalize (your words) then by all means, continue to tell me how vile I am. 

• Options
    my2hands said:
    Geez. Yah. I never thought of this. we'd be absolutely f**ked without you.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Hey, I'm not the smartest guy in the room, back out!

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:
    my2hands said:

I understand this.

I didn't vote for the shit head and I am not capable of making anyone vote if they truly do not want to vote and I cannot make a racist asshole not vote for another racist asshole. 

I have to own every single asshole in this country? So that means that you are the same as every single one of your fellow Canadians?

I hate the fact that Trump is President and you can continue to tell me to own it but since I did not, would not, could not imagine voting for such scum then I will not own it. Sorry. 

But if it makes your Canadian mentality feel better to continue to generalize (your words) then by all means, continue to tell me how vile I am. 

When it comes to the president it sure does.

And I never called you vile. I called Trump vile. I'm saying your country asked for Trump... got Trump... your country deserves Trump so good luck with him.

We have Prime Minister Purple Socks who has proven to be a bit of a moron. I voted for him so I'll definitely own him; however, I won't be voting for him again. I'm not stuck on 'party for life' lines. I go with the most suitable candidate for my value system regardless of party.
This discussion has been closed.