Options

Is it rape???

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    That's what I think too. She has no support from family, not even her parents or husband because they're Mormon and blame rape as the woman's fault. At least that's what they've taught her all her life.
    So, I'm seeking any resource I can find so that she can at least see a therapist immediately. Already took her to psychiatrist today. Of course she refused to disclose.
    My heart is just broken but I'll find her help somehow.
    And can I just add that the health care system and beaurocratic bullshit in this country suck!!!
  • Options
    And thanks for the support everyone. The Slap Team, the Shiv Squad, and all the rest. :hug:
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    without a doubt, it's rape.

thought about going to the police?

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    She will NOT go.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

Sorry for the heavy subject but I'm curious on people's opinions....
    Here's the scenario:
    Woman spends a night at a bar with a guy having a good time. She says it's time to go home and he offers to walk her. She's being flirty and they share a kiss or two. He suggests stopping at a playground along the way. They lay down on the slide, continue kissing, as he tries to pull her pants off. She says no three times but then blacks out somewhat and the deed is done.
    Who considers that rape?

IT IS RAPE. non consensual sex no matter how wasted you are is RAPE. this guy had sex with an unconscious person, hes a slimebag.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    OP
    It is now your duty to report this.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

OP

only with the girls permission.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

OP

Fine. I'll bite.

Are you arguing for legal or for moral duty? In either event, state your case. This is not the thread to troll in.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    ^^^
    If the OP is suggesting they witnessed a duck they should report a duck.
    Not the thread to troll in? It is a thread asking if what they know of is rape or not.
    Bite that.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

^^^
    Not the thread to troll in? It is a thread asking if what they know of is rape or not.
    Bite that.

Damn, man...really?

It's pretty clear this was rape. Asked, answered.

Not so much about what obligation the OP has - if any - though she's done (and is doing) much to try and help. Maybe venting here in the process. OK by me.

And..."bite that"?

Please shelve the rudeness.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

^^^
    Bite that.

Damn, man...really?

Not so much about what obligation the OP has - if any - though she's done (and is doing) much to try and help. Maybe venting here in the process. OK by me.

And..."bite that"?

hedonist said:

^^^
    Bite that.

Damn, man...really?

And..."bite that"?

hedonist said:

^^^
    Bite that.

Damn, man...really?

And..."bite that"?

Venting about witnessing a rape? - report it other places that can help like the authorities.

Shelving the rudeness? Perhaps a poster can stop using the word bite in response to a post by me like I am a troll.
    This is serious.

And as for you saying this was rape, asked and answered you have a duty as well to bring this higher.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Venting about going through this, not witnessing. Pretty sure if it was seen it would've been stopped.

And you know damn well that "I'll bite" was in no way meant as "bite me" or "bite that".

Consider the source too. I tend to do that when weighing the sincerity (or lack thereof) in the posts of some.

How about leaving the sense of doody (ha, I kill myself sometimes) duty aside. Maybe some compassion for what the OP is trying to navigate?
  • Options
    ^^^
    Fair enough and I hope the OP finds comfort from this thread.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

hedonist said:

^^^
    Bite that.

Damn, man...really?

And..."bite that"?

hedonist said:

^^^
    Bite that.

Damn, man...really?

And..."bite that"?

hedonist said:

^^^
    Bite that.

Damn, man...really?

And..."bite that"?

Venting about witnessing a rape? - report it other places that can help like the authorities.

Shelving the rudeness? Perhaps a poster can stop using the word bite in response to a post by me like I am a troll.
    This is serious.

And as for you saying this was rape, asked and answered you have a duty as well to bring this higher.

Would that be a moral or a legal duty? I'm not sure that you've made that point clear yet.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited February 2017
    She is lucky having you as her friend, it must be very heavy to bear something like this alone.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    It was from the "I need to make a contrarian/agitating post" duty on his part.
    Doodie, indeed.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

hedonist said:

^^^
    Bite that.

Damn, man...really?

And..."bite that"?

hedonist said:

^^^
    Bite that.

Damn, man...really?

And..."bite that"?

hedonist said:

^^^
    Bite that.

Damn, man...really?

And..."bite that"?

This is serious.

She/they did not witness the rape. She was told about it later. I don't know that it makes a difference for you. Just thought you might want to know that. The OP and her husband DID NOT see the rape in action and walk away.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

That's what I think too. She has no support from family, not even her parents or husband because they're Mormon and blame rape as the woman's fault. At least that's what they've taught her all her life.
    So, I'm seeking any resource I can find so that she can at least see a therapist immediately. Already took her to psychiatrist today. Of course she refused to disclose.
    And can I just add that the health care system and beaurocratic bullshit in this country suck!!!

She's married?? Irrelevant in regards to being raped but im just trying to understand the story better.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Wma31394 said:

She's married?? Irrelevant in regards to being raped but im just trying to understand the story better.
    It's relevant in that if her husband won't support her after being raped she needs to find a better one! But I guess that is a whole other issue, she is obviously very lucky to have OP as a friend!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    It's kind of relevant in that she was flirting and cozying up to some shitbird.

It's still rape, but if I'm the husband... I don't think I'm pleased that she "spends a night at a bar with a guy having a good time. She says it's time to go home and he offers to walk her. She's being flirty and they share a kiss or two."
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Regardless of why she was out with the guy, rape is rape. The premise is strictly between her and her husband and warrants no excuse for the alleged crime.
  • Options

It's still rape, but if I'm the husband... I don't think I'm pleased that she "spends a night at a bar with a guy having a good time. She says it's time to go home and he offers to walk her. She's being flirty and they share a kiss or two."

And occasionally people have open marriages. Still doesn't defend rape.
  • Options

Regardless of why she was out with the guy, rape is rape. The premise is strictly between her and her husband and warrants no excuse for the alleged crime.

I acknowledged the same. I'm just pointing out the fact that if I was the husband... I wouldn't be too pleased she was out smooching guys at the bar. Maybe I'm old fashioned? Maybe this is acceptable conduct for marriage these days? It isn't in our household.

I don't think it's a deal breaker, but it's a kick to the nuts for the husband- he's dealing with the rape and he's dealing with behaviour that isn't ideal (unless, as I said, that's cool in America).
  • Options
    deadendp said:

I never defended rape. Read more carefully.
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited February 2017

I acknowledged the same. I'm just pointing out the fact that if I was the husband... I wouldn't be too pleased she was out smooching guys at the bar. Maybe I'm old fashioned? Maybe this is acceptable conduct for marriage these days? It isn't in our household.

I don't think it's a deal breaker, but it's a kick to the nuts for the husband- he's dealing with the rape and he's dealing with behaviour that isn't ideal (unless, as I said, that's cool in America).
    The circumstances seem a bit confusing, I agree. I hope everything will solve for everyone in best way possible. And that the rapist get his punishment.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options

deadendp said:

I never said that you did. Didn't mean it that way. Apologies to you.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

No worries, DEP. Everything's a fucking argument with those frequent AMT posters.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

No worries, DEP. Everything's a fucking argument with those frequent AMT posters.
    You saw this as an argument? I saw it as clarification. You know... people communicating in written language in the hopes of better understanding.

Nice judgement though.
  • Options
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

All good. No apology necessary. Just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't condoning the act of rape given a possible minor indiscretion on the part of the victim prior to the event.

I'm still up for slapping the guy.