Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited February 2017
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS...

you have no issue or concerns at all with the trump administration, and trump himself, appearing to have a nefarious relationship with Putin & the Russians?

please do not reference Hillary, Obama, W, Clinton, Bush 41, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, LBJ, JFK, Ike, Truman, FDR, Hoover, Coolidge, Harding, Wilson, Taft, or Teddy :)

Of course I have issues. Remember that I am probably the biggest hawk on here and I am very concerned with Russian behaviour over the last few years. That being said all I am witnessing right now are "appearances"...with some "appearances" being worse then others. The Manafort stuff bugs me far more then the Flynn stuff but I don't think either rise to the level of "nefarious" from what we know...yet. Also when it comes down to it I don't think Trump himself is even ideological about Russia. Like most issues he probably hasn't given any of this too much thought but he does actually have a strategic advantage by maintaining a polite posture with Putin over the course of the campaign. More importantly then any of this would be to ask yourself what kind of strategy and/or relationship would you like to see with Russia. There is room here to push back against Russia while giving Putin the chance to save face. It would also be good to bring Russia closer to the US in order to counter Iran and a more aggressive China...a reverse Nixon if you will (sorry for the reference but this is strategy and not comparing behaviour). So yes I have concerns but it is important to not overreact to every little unsubstantiated tidbit in the press. Right now Russia is loving the division in your country. They have been hitting Ukraine hard over the last few days. They count on your weakness.
    The reason there is so much concern is two-fold...

1. We don't know Trump's financial ties to Russia. And everyone knows that Putin would not hesitate for a second to confiscate assets. So any overtures to Russia are scene by many of us with a suspicious eye.
    2. Russia has been promoting right wing extremism, anti-globalism and anti-NATO views for the last few years. Trump certainly has some affinity to this mind set and Bannon absolutely does. So the American people have the absolute right to know the extend of any ties between our gov't officials and theirs.
    Exactly. For once I agree with BS - it doesn't hurt to have "okay" foreign relations with Russia. I'm sure most would like to avoid feeling scared of some kind of war with Russia, obviously. I remember during the campaign it was one of the few things that I kind of agreed with Trump on, i.e. don't aggravate US/Russia relations unnecessarily.
    However, Trump's attitude towards and perceived relationship with Russia/Putin is WAY off the mark for that to be accomplished on the up-and-up. Many are concerned that Trump is actually very vulnerable to blackmail by Russia/Putin, on top of just the plain old massive conflicts of interest. Also, Trump is clueless enough to allow way too much influence by Putin. Putin is laughing and rubbing his hands together over Trump I'm sure. He knows that he can PLAY Trump. He knows that Trump is completely obsessed with perception and that all you have to do is stroke his ego to manipulate him, and Putin will take and is already taking full advantage of that humiliating fact, which is both dangerous and embarrassing. Plus, Russia is again flexing its muscles and wants to bring a bunch of ex-USSR nations back into the fold, which means ongoing war. I doubt most Americans favour being an actual ally with Russia while it grows its initiative to take over independent states, right?? I hope not, anyway.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

Let me know when Obama & his cronies had a treasonous relationship with Russia

They had a similar one with Iran prior to him taking office and I never heard you make a peep.
    you're joking right? you see those situations the same? how many people had to step down from the Obama team due to being on the Iranian payroll? were there any inclinations that Obama may have been compromised by Iran?

by the way, you have no clue what I make a peep about and don't... you act as if posting on here is the only measure of a persons stance on issues? lol

Obama sent someone to Iran while Bush was trying to negotiate a deal. Isn't that why everybody is suggesting the Flynn phone call was so problematic? It is the exact same thing. Second nobody had to step down for being on Russian payroll. You keep writing that as if it happened. It is innuendo. The suggestion that Trump may have been compromised by Russia is innuendo. You are basically the mouthpiece for every intelligence leak that appears in yesterday's paper. That is when you make peeps.
    To be more specific, Manafort was forced to resign because his name came up in a log of illegal payments to or from Ukraine separatists. If it was all bullcrap, I wonder why he resigned.

Second, like anything else, it's the cover up, not the crime. The issue..again... is that Flynn lied to Pence, Pence misled the American people. That can't happen. Why did Flynn lie? Don't know. Seems odd. I guess we will have to wait for the transcripts. Why did Trump wait 18 days before forcing the resignation of Flynn (until the Washpo story)? Don't know. Why did Trump say he was unaware of it during a Q&A last Friday when he had known for at least two weeks? Don't know. Maybe it's because he and his cronies are pathological liars. Maybe not.
    Susan Rice lied, Clapper lied, Clinton lied...it happens all the time and Pence repeating what Flynn told him rises to a big fat nothing in comparison. I do agree it seems odd though...I'm starting to wonder if my "let's turn this into a sting operation" isn't a big joke after all. The pushback to the pushback is coming and many leakers will go down. Trump fights and I'm not yet tired of the winning.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS...

you have no issue or concerns at all with the trump administration, and trump himself, appearing to have a nefarious relationship with Putin & the Russians?

please do not reference Hillary, Obama, W, Clinton, Bush 41, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, LBJ, JFK, Ike, Truman, FDR, Hoover, Coolidge, Harding, Wilson, Taft, or Teddy :)

Of course I have issues. Remember that I am probably the biggest hawk on here and I am very concerned with Russian behaviour over the last few years. That being said all I am witnessing right now are "appearances"...with some "appearances" being worse then others. The Manafort stuff bugs me far more then the Flynn stuff but I don't think either rise to the level of "nefarious" from what we know...yet. Also when it comes down to it I don't think Trump himself is even ideological about Russia. Like most issues he probably hasn't given any of this too much thought but he does actually have a strategic advantage by maintaining a polite posture with Putin over the course of the campaign. More importantly then any of this would be to ask yourself what kind of strategy and/or relationship would you like to see with Russia. There is room here to push back against Russia while giving Putin the chance to save face. It would also be good to bring Russia closer to the US in order to counter Iran and a more aggressive China...a reverse Nixon if you will (sorry for the reference but this is strategy and not comparing behaviour). So yes I have concerns but it is important to not overreact to every little unsubstantiated tidbit in the press. Right now Russia is loving the division in your country. They have been hitting Ukraine hard over the last few days. They count on your weakness.
    The reason there is so much concern is two-fold...

1. We don't know Trump's financial ties to Russia. And everyone knows that Putin would not hesitate for a second to confiscate assets. So any overtures to Russia are scene by many of us with a suspicious eye.
    2. Russia has been promoting right wing extremism, anti-globalism and anti-NATO views for the last few years. Trump certainly has some affinity to this mind set and Bannon absolutely does. So the American people have the absolute right to know the extend of any ties between our gov't officials and theirs.
    Exactly. For once I agree with BS - it doesn't hurt to have "okay" foreign relations with Russia. I'm sure most would like to avoid feeling scared of some kind of war with Russia, obviously. I remember during the campaign it was one of the few things that I kind of agreed with Trump on, i.e. don't aggravate US/Russia relations unnecessarily.
    However, Trump's attitude towards and perceived relationship with Russia/Putin is WAY off the mark for that to be accomplished on the up-and-up. Many are concerned that Trump is actually very vulnerable to blackmail by Russia/Putin, on top of just the plain old massive conflicts of interest. Also, Trump is clueless enough to allow way too much influence by Putin. Putin is laughing and rubbing his hands together over Trump I'm sure. He knows that he can PLAY Trump. He knows that Trump is completely obsessed with perception and that all you have to do is stroke his ego to manipulate him, and Putin will take and is already taking full advantage of that humiliating fact, which is both dangerous and embarrassing. Plus, Russia is again flexing its muscles and wants to bring a bunch of ex-USSR nations back into the fold, which means ongoing war. I doubt most Americans favour being an actual ally with Russia while it grows its initiative to take over independent states, right?? I hope not, anyway.
    I have no problem with your's or anyone's concerns. I have concerns. I think though Trump is far tougher then people are giving him credit for. Putin played Bush, he played Obama. Trump has been doing business with bad ass people for years and I think he, Tillerson, and Mattis are probably the toughest people he has come up against.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

Let me know when Obama & his cronies had a treasonous relationship with Russia

They had a similar one with Iran prior to him taking office and I never heard you make a peep.
    you're joking right? you see those situations the same? how many people had to step down from the Obama team due to being on the Iranian payroll? were there any inclinations that Obama may have been compromised by Iran?

by the way, you have no clue what I make a peep about and don't... you act as if posting on here is the only measure of a persons stance on issues? lol

Obama sent someone to Iran while Bush was trying to negotiate a deal. Isn't that why everybody is suggesting the Flynn phone call was so problematic? It is the exact same thing. Second nobody had to step down for being on Russian payroll. You keep writing that as if it happened. It is innuendo. The suggestion that Trump may have been compromised by Russia is innuendo. You are basically the mouthpiece for every intelligence leak that appears in yesterday's paper. That is when you make peeps.
    To be more specific, Manafort was forced to resign because his name came up in a log of illegal payments to or from Ukraine separatists. If it was all bullcrap, I wonder why he resigned.

Second, like anything else, it's the cover up, not the crime. The issue..again... is that Flynn lied to Pence, Pence misled the American people. That can't happen. Why did Flynn lie? Don't know. Seems odd. I guess we will have to wait for the transcripts. Why did Trump wait 18 days before forcing the resignation of Flynn (until the Washpo story)? Don't know. Why did Trump say he was unaware of it during a Q&A last Friday when he had known for at least two weeks? Don't know. Maybe it's because he and his cronies are pathological liars. Maybe not.
    Susan Rice lied, Clapper lied, Clinton lied...it happens all the time and Pence repeating what Flynn told him rises to a big fat nothing in comparison. I do agree it seems odd though...I'm starting to wonder if my "let's turn this into a sting operation" isn't a big joke after all. The pushback to the pushback is coming and many leakers will go down. Trump fights and I'm not yet tired of the winning.
    Susan Rice didn't lie. Just as I didn't say that Pence lied. Flynn was privy to the conversation and lied to Pence. There's a big fucking difference there. I'm not calling for Pence's resignation. And yes, Clapper should have resigned. But we're not talking about 2010. We're talking about today.

Still waiting for the victories to start piling up.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I disagree. Trump is about as tough as a newborn baby once someone starts stroking his ego and inflating his sense of importance. It's part of his personality disorder. Other leaders did not suffer from this pathetic kind of weakness. Putin will be all over it. He is a master manipulator, and Trump is extremely vulnerable to that.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Just watched some of his press conference....he thinks that Flynn did nothing wrong. LOL.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Just watched some of his press conference....he thinks that Flynn did nothing wrong. LOL.

Trump is on fire right now!
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    BS44325 said:

mfc2006 said:

Trump is on fire right now!
    Pants on fire!

This press conference is a fucking mess!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Thank you BS for actually providing substance to debate and discuss as a counter to the anti-Trump dialogue. I agree that there is a lot of speculative information being referred to as fact and I get annoyed with the continued bandwagon approach. I don't trust or believe Trump, but some of the jumps in thinking being posited simply haven't been proven yet. We know they are being looked in to, but the red herring isn't there yet.

Beyond the alleged Trump/Russia tie, what do people think we should be doing in regards to our relationship with Russia. If Trump started denouncing Putin and sending direct statements of disapproval with the allegations of election tampering and email hacking, would that be more pleasing? He could release his tax returns to assuage concerns, but if nothing is found, then what? It seems a lot of assumptions are being drawn that there is some damning evidence out there, but what if there isn't? What are the next steps?

I still don't agree with several of his policies or proposed plans, but that doesn't mean he won't be my president for the next 4 years. Anyone thinking this guy will give up or resign is just wishing on a star. Trump hates nothing more than failing or looking like he failed. Unless there's an out that allows him to shift the cause of the failure, he is in this for the long haul. The anti Trump groups love the controversy and continued failings at any level because they think it is proving what they already knew, but those who voted for him are just feeling more emboldened that they made the right decision because he is a victim of our current overly PC and liberal culture, just like them. The anti Trump group need to ease back on the arrogance that accusations = proven fact because it isn't having the desired effect.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

Illegal or not, the information is true. By definition, a leak is true.

exactly. the very founding of this country was pushback against power. what is a leak other than pushback?
    If that is the case than why so mad if Trump colluded with Russia to leak the Hillary campaign's emails? Just pushback, you know, the foundation of this country?
    colluding with an adversarial foreign power in the electoral process is a lot different than leaking pertinent info on corruptable power. And in the early stages of this particular administration, its a civic obligation imo.
    Hillary was a corruptable power. The FBI was giving everybody the heads-up. It was just pushback.
    still not the same ballpark. at all. preventing corruptable power so corruptable power can take office? stop insulting my intelligence.

props to the deftness of your PM the other day btw.
    The only thing that has been suggested to be corruptable right now is Flynn post-lie to Pence. I'm not sure how that's worse then the known corruptable power that was Hillary. Not the same ballpark. At all.

In terms of my PM...Yeah. I don't like him but he played it right.
    its emerging that Flynn wasnt the only one of the team. and now we're talking about well before election day. and given his continued deflections in regards to russia's exertion of influence, it suggests to me something involving him directly.
    Actually none of that is emerging.
    True. The Paul Manafort and Roger Stone connection emerged long ago. Another player is emerging and they all are connected by Mr. Trump.
    But seriously BS, you can't really believe that Trump was unaware or disconnected from all of these Russian issues. His own words throughout the campaign and during the first weeks of his presidency make it quite obvious.
    To date there is no evidence of wrongdoing. By anyone. Communications are not a crime. Could something else arise? Certainly but so far there is just nothing.

Let's all remember that when Bush was negotiating with Iran in 2008 Obama sent Ambassador William Miller to meet with Iran and let them know that he will be "friendlier" to them. That meeting pretty much sabotaged Bush and nobody made a peep.

Has anything Trump or his people have done even approached that level of interference? I don't think so.
    Because 26 days into a new administration, you have a high profile resignation that was preceded by two previous high level resignations, a cabinet level nominee withdraw from consideration and 4 national security/law enforcement agencies beginning investigations as well as both republican and democrat members of congress, specifically members of the intelligence committees, and not back bencher amateurs like Tom "I'm a Warrior Hear Me Roar Cotton." Because this is how most newly elected administrations get off the ground. Brilliant!!

A whole lot of nothing? You mean like Hillary's emails? Or did you mean the Clinton Foundation? Or nothing like Comet Pizza?
    Why don't you go back and see how many of Obama's team withdrew and/or had to be pushed out in the early stages. Daschle, Richardson, Gregg, Jones, Zinni...there are others. Did any of those withdrawals represent the collapse of his administration? Do your homework please.
    How many law enforcement or intelligence agencies opened investigations of the Obama administration in the first 26 days?
    How many have opened one now? I haven't seen an actual list. All I have seen is that the FBI has cleared everybody.
    CIA, NSA and Treasury's Financial Crimes Unit. Ongoing investigations and unlike Comey, they're not commenting on ongoing investigations. Comey's actions alone make the FBI suspect but I'll bet there are some rogue agents leaking, as opposed to taking leaks.
    The CIA and NSA don't do investigations...they collect intelligence and they need a court to gather this intelligence when it comes to American citizens. This intelligence can be handed over to investigating agencies under certain circumstances. I haven't seen a report anywhere that the Treasury's Financial Crimes Unit is investigating anything. I think you're making shit up again. You are the Comet Pizza guy.
    No Comet Pizza guy is JC. Get your facts straight, professor.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Beyond the alleged Trump/Russia tie, what do people think we should be doing in regards to our relationship with Russia. If Trump started denouncing Putin and sending direct statements of disapproval with the allegations of election tampering and email hacking, would that be more pleasing? He could release his tax returns to assuage concerns, but if nothing is found, then what? It seems a lot of assumptions are being drawn that there is some damning evidence out there, but what if there isn't? What are the next steps?

The US should continue with the sanctions related to the Crimea invasion along with the fresh sanctions related to the hacking. We should also continue to check them at every place where they try to grow their sphere of influence at the expense of liberal democracy. I would be okay with a limited partnership to fight ISIS, depending on what that looked like.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,611
    edited February 2017
    tbergs said:

Thank you BS for actually providing substance to debate and discuss as a counter to the anti-Trump dialogue. I agree that there is a lot of speculative information being referred to as fact and I get annoyed with the continued bandwagon approach. I don't trust or believe Trump, but some of the jumps in thinking being posited simply haven't been proven yet. We know they are being looked in to, but the red herring isn't there yet.

I still don't agree with several of his policies or proposed plans, but that doesn't mean he won't be my president for the next 4 years. Anyone thinking this guy will give up or resign is just wishing on a star. Trump hates nothing more than failing or looking like he failed. Unless there's an out that allows him to shift the cause of the failure, he is in this for the long haul. The anti Trump groups love the controversy and continued failings at any level because they think it is proving what they already knew, but those who voted for him are just feeling more emboldened that they made the right decision because he is a victim of our current overly PC and liberal culture, just like them. The anti Trump group need to ease back on the arrogance that accusations = proven fact because it isn't having the desired effect.

You guys are hilarious. Clinton released 20 + years of tax returns. The Clinton foundation is held to strict reporting requirements to maintain its non-profit and tax exempt statuses and yet you guys hammered away on alleged nefariousness, despite facts. Pot meet kettle.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

exactly. the very founding of this country was pushback against power. what is a leak other than pushback?
    If that is the case than why so mad if Trump colluded with Russia to leak the Hillary campaign's emails? Just pushback, you know, the foundation of this country?
    colluding with an adversarial foreign power in the electoral process is a lot different than leaking pertinent info on corruptable power. And in the early stages of this particular administration, its a civic obligation imo.
    Hillary was a corruptable power. The FBI was giving everybody the heads-up. It was just pushback.
    still not the same ballpark. at all. preventing corruptable power so corruptable power can take office? stop insulting my intelligence.

The only thing that has been suggested to be corruptable right now is Flynn post-lie to Pence. I'm not sure how that's worse then the known corruptable power that was Hillary. Not the same ballpark. At all.

its emerging that Flynn wasnt the only one of the team. and now we're talking about well before election day. and given his continued deflections in regards to russia's exertion of influence, it suggests to me something involving him directly.
    True. The Paul Manafort and Roger Stone connection emerged long ago. Another player is emerging and they all are connected by Mr. Trump.
    But seriously BS, you can't really believe that Trump was unaware or disconnected from all of these Russian issues. His own words throughout the campaign and during the first weeks of his presidency make it quite obvious.
    To date there is no evidence of wrongdoing. By anyone. Communications are not a crime. Could something else arise? Certainly but so far there is just nothing.

Let's all remember that when Bush was negotiating with Iran in 2008 Obama sent Ambassador William Miller to meet with Iran and let them know that he will be "friendlier" to them. That meeting pretty much sabotaged Bush and nobody made a peep.

Has anything Trump or his people have done even approached that level of interference? I don't think so.
    Because 26 days into a new administration, you have a high profile resignation that was preceded by two previous high level resignations, a cabinet level nominee withdraw from consideration and 4 national security/law enforcement agencies beginning investigations as well as both republican and democrat members of congress, specifically members of the intelligence committees, and not back bencher amateurs like Tom "I'm a Warrior Hear Me Roar Cotton." Because this is how most newly elected administrations get off the ground. Brilliant!!

A whole lot of nothing? You mean like Hillary's emails? Or did you mean the Clinton Foundation? Or nothing like Comet Pizza?
    Why don't you go back and see how many of Obama's team withdrew and/or had to be pushed out in the early stages. Daschle, Richardson, Gregg, Jones, Zinni...there are others. Did any of those withdrawals represent the collapse of his administration? Do your homework please.
    How many law enforcement or intelligence agencies opened investigations of the Obama administration in the first 26 days?
    How many have opened one now? I haven't seen an actual list. All I have seen is that the FBI has cleared everybody.
    CIA, NSA and Treasury's Financial Crimes Unit. Ongoing investigations and unlike Comey, they're not commenting on ongoing investigations. Comey's actions alone make the FBI suspect but I'll bet there are some rogue agents leaking, as opposed to taking leaks.
    The CIA and NSA don't do investigations...they collect intelligence and they need a court to gather this intelligence when it comes to American citizens. This intelligence can be handed over to investigating agencies under certain circumstances. I haven't seen a report anywhere that the Treasury's Financial Crimes Unit is investigating anything. I think you're making shit up again. You are the Comet Pizza guy.
    No Comet Pizza guy is JC. Get your facts straight, professor.
    I took his statement to mean that you're making up shit, so therefore you're just like the comet pizza guy. I could be wrong, but that's how I interpreted it.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    tbergs said:

if there's nothing to his tax returns, why not release them and put a stop to all the speculation that is supposedly fuelling the fire of "fake news"?

people are jumping on the accusations because they get giddy thinking they are one step closer to removing this fuck from office. they might be wishing on a star, they might not be. nothing as yet has been proven, you are absolutely correct, HOWEVER, where there's smoke, there's usually fire, and there is so much smoke, the Trump admin is struggling to breathe right now.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    It's amazing how he continues to dodge the anti-semitism questions.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

What was that again?

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/18/6-agencies-investigating-russian-money-trail-bring-trump.html

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Inheriting a shit tonne of Manhattan real estate does not make you "good at business".
    2016 Tax returns already.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

Come again?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-fbi-kremlin-probe-20170118-story,amp.html

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2017
    if you guys don't think Trump isnt compromised or bought by Putin then I've got a bridge to sell you lol

call me crazy but I have $20 that says everything in the Golden Showers Dossier is accurate... and every single intelligence agency has stated that the Russians interfered with our election, while treasonous Trump cheered them on

thankfully some investigative journalists and members of the intelligence community aren't as gullible as some Americans

#suckerborneveryminute
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    my2hands said:

if you guys don't think Trump is compromised or bought by Putin then I've got a bridge to sell you lol

call me crazy but I have $20 that says everything in the Golden Showers Dossier is accurate... and every single intelligence agency has stated that the Russians interfered with our election, while treasonous Trump cheered them on

thankfully some investigative journalists and members of the intelligence community aren't as gullible as some Americans

#suckerborneveryminute

I would be there is some dis-information in there, planted by the Russians. That would be standard procedure. But that doesn't mean there isn't a lot of truth in it.
  • Options
    Nothing there BS, except your BS.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    FOLLOW THE MONEY!

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    let me put it this way... when Donald J Trump says the Russia stories are "fake news".... like he did today apparently... I know they are 100% true
  • Options
    apparently I missed a 75 minute manic meltdown labeled as a press conference?

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Definition of "Owned" is below...

NBC reporter Peter Alexander corrected President Donald Trump during a press conference Thursday after the president again made a false claim about his Electoral College victory margin.

The press conference was called to tout the president’s choice of attorney Alexander Acosta for the role of labor secretary, but it devolved into a meandering tirade against the press. Russia dominated the questions, but Trump also found a way to brag about his victory over Hillary Clinton, falsely claiming the margin, 306 electoral votes to Clinton’s 232, was the biggest since Ronald Reagan’s 1984 win. In fact, Barack Obama won more electoral votes in 2008, and George H.W. Bush won more in 1988.

Alexander, a correspondent for NBC News, sought to correct Trump on those figures, and pressed him to explain how he could call reporting by outlets like The New York Times and CNN “fake news” while using inaccurate figures himself.

“Why should Americans trust you?” asked Alexander.

“I was given that information,” Trump said, cutting Alexander off. “I don’t know. I was just given it. We had a very, very big margin.”

“Why should Americans trust you when you accuse the information they receive of being fake, when you provide information that’s not accurate?” Alexander asked.

“I was given that information,” said Trump. “Actually, I’ve seen that information around. But it was a very substantial victory. Do you agree with that?”

“You’re the president,” Alexander replied.

Trump has repeatedly described his victory over Clinton as a “historic” and “massive” landslide. That’s not the case. His Electoral College victory actually ranks 46th out of 56 presidential elections. He lost the popular vote to Clinton by about 2.8 million votes.

Despite repeated debunkings, Trump continues to make false claims about the election. On Wednesday, he responded to a question about the rise of anti-Semitism by bragging about his win.

“Well, I just want to say that we are, you know, very honored by the victory that we had: 306 Electoral College votes,” Trump said Wednesday. “We were not supposed to crack 220. You know that, right? There was no way to 221, but then they said there’s no way to 270.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-electoral-college-claim_us_58a5f184e4b045cd34bfa8e9
  • Options
    It is so crazy how he thinks he doesn't come of as a complete idiot at all his press conferences, lol, and keeps doing it. He isn't learning any lessons at all. It's pretty delusional.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    PJ_Soul said:

It is so crazy how he thinks he doesn't come of as a complete idiot at all his press conferences, lol, and keeps doing it. He isn't learning any lessons at all. It's pretty delusional.

I know & I often think the same thing. I'd imagine that his advisors have told him to tone it down & actually appear presidential, but he can't help himself. He has a very hard time even putting together a sentence.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    mfc2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I know & I often think the same thing. I'd imagine that his advisors have told him to tone it down & actually appear presidential, but he can't help himself. He has a very hard time even putting together a sentence.
    that's because 90% of posters here on AMT know more than this bafoon

anybody that thinks this guy should be anywhere near the oval office is just plain stooped in my opinion

its embarrassing

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    my2hands said:

if you guys don't think Trump isnt compromised or bought by Putin then I've got a bridge to sell you lol

#suckerborneveryminute

word
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2017
    This real psychiatrist would have a field day with all the amatuers on here.
    Allen Frances says he's tired of "amateur diagnosticians" insisting that U.S. President Donald Trump has narcissistic personality disorder. In a letter to the New York Times, Frances, a retired Duke University professor, wrote that Trump "may be a world-class narcissist, but this doesn't make him mentally ill, because he does not suffer from the distress and impairment required to diagnose mental disorder."
    I'm so tired of amatuer analyses of Trump's psychology or diagnosis.
    He was responding to another letter to the Times — signed by 35 psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers — declaring Trump mentally unfit for the job of commander-in-chief. In doing so, they were flouting a longstanding American Psychiatric Association ethical policy barring mental health professionals diagnosing public figures from a distance. 

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-wednesday-edition-1.3984065/stop-saying-trump-has-narcissistic-personality-disorder-says-psychiatrist-who-defined-it-1.3984073
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
This discussion has been closed.